We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2256
  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    &&&&ing Turbine, I wrote a very long reply to Tolg, sitting him back in his little place and I got logged out, lost post, cba to re-write.
    I always copy/paste my posts in Word before I post it, so I'm sure it won't be lost when I log out..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    The jist was, Evernight has always been hardmode in comparison to Snowbourn, especially for freeps. Go to Evernight and use that statement about me. Lots of other stuff about you repeating your mute points. And a point about do you need to be Lionl Messi to point out that Andy Carrol was a waste of money? No.
    Let me please go in my analysis mode then.


    vs


    So as you say, Evernight has always been hardmode in comparison to Snowbourn.
    a) You have never been on Snowbourn, only for the past 8-9 months. So who are you to decide whether Snowbourn was harder? I heard from some people that the skill level is / was actually higher here than on Evernight, but then again the ones I hear it from could not be reliable? I guess a Bk10 Superüberveteran could know better, even though permabans have been in the way!
    b) I'm not saying either ones' tab is better, but have a closer look at both, and let me conclude:
    - Laphor has a better renown/kill amount;
    - Laphor has a ''better'' amount of deaths;
    - Laphor has less KBs;
    - Laphor has WAY less KaR.

    So let me go into all of them then:
    The better renown/kill amount is ~5 (19 vs 24), but both are ''pretty low'' in comparison to some other wartabs around; these two tabs though are better relatable. There's not much to say about both since I don't know Laphor, but as Ethel said himself he tried out stuff, such as grouping and raiding, where Laphor maybe was never interested in this.

    The amount of deaths tells us a lot how Laphor possibly has played, because amount of deaths can explain a lot. Now for my objective analysis, there's 2 likely possibilities:
    1) Laphor was an intense hugger and the first to run when the Freeps were (about) to wipe,
    2) Laphor was a raider, or usually had a pocket captain, OR many people liked him so he always received heals.

    If we go for number 1, that could explain his wartab pretty much: He was in the back, shooting targets at a safe distance, focusing on one target at a time - Once the creep died, he received 20-30 points, since the system was shared. Because he was at the back he could escape easier and that's one of the reasons he could have that amount of deaths.

    If we go for number 2, it could explain his tab as much as number 1 does, because healing back then didn't reward, yet Captains and Lore-masters could give their heals if they would want to. If Laphor was a known guy and a respected person this is a high possibility: Many kills, no 'drawbacks' by leeching - aka a higher avg renown.

    Laphor has 9505 kbs less than Etheldar, but Etheldar has 28003 more kills. Both Kb/k ratios are:
    Etheldar, 3.8 kills per 1 kb
    Laphor, 4.2 kills per 1 kb

    This means Laphor could, looking to these stats in same circumstances (or, Theoretically), never hit the amount of KBs that Ethel had. This leads then again to a conclusion that Ethel either tried harder to get Kbs, was smarter in his process or that Ethel tried to target multiple people, which also explains his amount of kills. Try 3-4 Rain of Thorns (not sure of the name) in a big fight, once creeps wipe you have way more kills than when you solely target ''easy'' kills, both will earn you a lot of points, but one option gives you less kills at a certain amount of points.

    Lastly, this practically goes together with the amount of deaths Laphor has, and I can't say much about that, but if freepside was so hard, Laphor would and should have way more deaths than he would have now, because once more:

    "A wartab can show you what a player is like."

    So in conclusion, Laphor got his wartab by either hugging a lot, or solo-targetting and not as much AoE.

  2. #1452
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    1) Laphor was an intense hugger and the first to run when the Freeps were (about) to wipe,
    This sums it up pretty much.

  3. #1453
    Trampin is an intense hugger.

    You can't really compare the action between 2 servers using level 65 wartabs when both Tol and Nebi didn't play on each server at 65. Wartab analysis is also pretty pointless because there are so many variables that come into it over a long period of time such as delaying damage to have a higher chance of getting a killing blow or graveyard camping which would yield lower renown per kill on lower ranked creeps.

    One of the hunters could have fraided without thinking about it for longer than the other or could have been actively playing in 1v1 circles for longer than the other.

    Different players, different playstyles.

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    Trampin is an intense hugger.

    You can't really compare the action between 2 servers using level 65 wartabs when both Tol and Nebi didn't play on each server at 65. Wartab analysis is also pretty pointless because there are so many variables that come into it over a long period of time such as delaying damage to have a higher chance of getting a killing blow or graveyard camping which would yield lower renown per kill on lower ranked creeps.

    One of the hunters could have fraided without thinking about it for longer than the other or could have been actively playing in 1v1 circles for longer than the other.

    Different players, different playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I'm trying to find it, I may hit him on facebook to ask him for it, but I'm pretty darn sure that Laphor @ R15 had less kills and more kbs. Bare with me.

    Also, the "my people" linking stuff from this time. Link back to Eth linking Ongbyrz's wartab. That's been a since day one. Check those kill/kbs even if it is only r13.
    I merely tried to point the same out, but your friend over here thought differently. So I had to come to the point where we'd go in an analysis.

  5. #1455
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    Let me please go in my analysis mode then.
    I think u missed one basic difference. U was comparing melee vs ranged. (pre ROI) I wont mention that hunter was more OP then champ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    If we go for number 1, that could explain his wartab pretty much: He was in the back, shooting targets at a safe distance, focusing on one target at a time - Once the creep died, he received 20-30 points, since the system was shared. Because he was at the back he could escape easier and that's one of the reasons he could have that amount of deaths.
    Bow champ hugging group / raid / zergball getting 20-30 renowns per kill? It was imposible, at that time renowns/infamy was counting from dmg u did to oponent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    Try 3-4 Rain of Thorns (not sure of the name) in a big fight, once creeps wipe you have way more kills than when you solely target ''easy'' kills, both will earn you a lot of points, but one option gives you less kills at a certain amount of points.
    U mean Rain of Arrows. Use of that skill was different in that time then now. And it only point at certain play style.


    sorry but u analysed something what u cant compare

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    I think u missed one basic difference. U was comparing melee vs ranged. (pre ROI) I wont mention that hunter was more OP then champ.
    Please can I redirect you to my posts before you make such a dumb reply, I was not comparing a champion to a hunter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Bow champ hugging group / raid / zergball getting 20-30 renowns per kill? It was imposible, at that time renowns/infamy was counting from dmg u did to oponent.
    Please, can I redirect you once again. Because this is kinda sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    U mean Rain of Arrows. Use of that skill was different in that time then now. And it only point at certain play style.
    Jesus christs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    sorry but u analysed something what u cant compare
    sorry but u just beat the riiturd meter there.

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    259
    I have come to the conclusion Tolg wins arguments by beating people into submission.

    I'll drop a few things into the reply. I was never here to question peoples play style etc, I like Ethel a lot, gave me a good rotation on wuargg. Laphor has been a friend since level 50, so plzzz no moar.

    In my opinion, biased at it, the skill level as a whole, was higher on Evernight. Tolg I'm sure you'll agree on Snowbourn there are like, 70%+ of high ranks that don't deserve that rank. "Back home" rank used to mean something. You saw it, you didn't engage it because it would destroy you.

    I did say, at the start of this, that the wartab wasn't as good as you were making out. I do stand by that, but I must take back my point about Laph's being potentially better. If Eth was to hit r15 on the same path, he'd have more kills for sure, but more kbs. (Laph sent me his tab last night).

    Tolg get a girlfriend or go to the gym or something brah. @Atroihm y u being a hater?

  8. #1458
    Then explain to me why u make 1km long post with your stupid analysis? Why u comment every reasonable facts u missed like kiddo?

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I have come to the conclusion Tolg wins arguments by beating people into submission.
    Thank you, as a matter of fact I do put some effort in achieving that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I'll drop a few things into the reply. I was never here to question peoples play style etc, I like Ethel a lot, gave me a good rotation on wuargg. Laphor has been a friend since level 50, so plzzz no moar.
    You should improve the way of replying in general then, because you (as 90% of your replies) seem to have an attitude of ''That thing offended me'', and that always happens to

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    In my opinion, biased at it, the skill level as a whole, was higher on Evernight. Tolg I'm sure you'll agree on Snowbourn there are like, 70%+ of high ranks that don't deserve that rank.
    "Back home" on Snowbourn is rather "Back in the day", because you also know that 80% of current active high ranks are either transfers or 2012 Veterans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    "Back home" rank used to mean something. You saw it, you didn't engage it because it would destroy you.
    And so it once did on our server, before high ranks started to club, but it is a serious issue that is not only server-bound. Besides, if you are so hyped about En, why don't you go back there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I did say, at the start of this, that the wartab wasn't as good as you were making out.
    It, in fact, is still one of the best wartabs of that time on our server, and many of us should and would agree on that; it was what I was pointing out. Yet you always stay to put your friends in before an argument, where you also make them godlike (don't make me quote you about Mere, Lepakko and once more Laphor, because they are your cuddly friends), yet in real they aren't as good as you describe them - no offence intended to any of these mentioned names.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I do stand by that, but I must take back my point about Laph's being potentially better. If Eth was to hit r15 on the same path, he'd have more kills for sure, but more kbs. (Laph sent me his tab last night).
    Laph ranked in RoI though, which is once more different times. I think we should leave this point of discussion to a past, since we both do not know when Ethel would have ranked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    Tolg get a girlfriend or go to the gym or something brah.
    Why do you put something like that, because I make long posts ?

    And who says I'm not doing one of the two..

    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Then explain to me why u make 1km long post with your stupid analysis? Why u comment every reasonable facts u missed like kiddo?
    1) What do you have to look for in this discussion
    2) I have freedom of speech and I can write long posts whenever I'd like to
    3) Tell me which facts I missed when comparing 2 bloody Hunters and not a f'ng Champion and a Hunter. Are you going fulltard again?
    4) My analysis actually had some sense and thought in it, to a certain point where I showed what I had to show, maybe longer than expected, but it was definitely worth it.
    5) I'm not a kiddo, im a
    14yo with milk on chin
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Tolgaring; Jul 16 2013 at 01:25 PM.

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    Why u comment every reasonable facts u missed like kiddo?
    Please... as if your comments would bring anything constructive to the topic that concerns barely 3 people. Gotta love it when suddenly couple of randoms butts in with statements that have no sense nor reference.

  11. #1461
    I agree with Tolg. Mere is a horrible burg and just a pathetic excuse of a hobbit....

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    749
    Here's a story:

    Once upon a time, I was playing a FPS game quite fervently (UT99 - Capture the Flag, mostly), and became eventually obsessed with my 'stats'. There was that site showing weekly and monthly worldwide rankings in various categories, and I just had to get up there. The ratings were based on the Elo system, which cannot work outside controlled 1v1 situations but game companies love to misuse it anyway. Well, that meant I could game the system.

    I figured out that if I played defense, I'd die a whole lot less and my rating would go higher, so I played defense. Exclusively. My rating went up. Then I figured out I could earn more points for 'saving the flag', I just had to let the opposite team pick up the flag before killing them (and occasionally they would get away with it, oh well). I did that too. I figured out that certain maps were not very good for my rating, so I mostly played the same two or three.. My ratings went up and up and up, I even reached the #1 spot for a short while...

    Eventually I realized that I was just an average player gaming the system, as countless others were (well, those who weren't cheating anyway). All I had truly achieved was to be a worse defender than I could be in order to polish my stats, a worse player for not going on attack which was my favoured role. I wasn't even having fun.

    I deactivated my stats and became a better player.

    PS: People who spar their points certainly shouldn't brag about KBs/kills ratios (edit: just to be perfectly clear, sparring results in a 1:1 KBs/kills, by definition, it is just a matter of jumping up & down ...).
    Last edited by Equendil; Jul 17 2013 at 02:30 PM.

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    I have come to the conclusion Tolg wins arguments by beating people into submission.

    I'll drop a few things into the reply. I was never here to question peoples play style etc, I like Ethel a lot, gave me a good rotation on wuargg. Laphor has been a friend since level 50, so plzzz no moar.

    In my opinion, biased at it, the skill level as a whole, was higher on Evernight. Tolg I'm sure you'll agree on Snowbourn there are like, 70%+ of high ranks that don't deserve that rank. "Back home" rank used to mean something. You saw it, you didn't engage it because it would destroy you.

    I did say, at the start of this, that the wartab wasn't as good as you were making out. I do stand by that, but I must take back my point about Laph's being potentially better. If Eth was to hit r15 on the same path, he'd have more kills for sure, but more kbs. (Laph sent me his tab last night).

    Tolg get a girlfriend or go to the gym or something brah. @Atroihm y u being a hater?
    I lol'd... evernight was always behind snow and eldar haha atleast up to roi, what happened after that is of no relevance xD

  14. #1464
    High Chieftain Skuruthai

  15. #1465
    Gz Skuru For me personally the toughest WL out there ^^

  16. #1466
    Thank you everyone, freeps and creeps alike =) A couple of days late but made it up to Commander now. Onwards!


  17. #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by SaellaMaeyan View Post
    Gz Commander, you made it before me after all ^^ That Commander's icon makes me want to rank my warden

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by DiorEluchil View Post
    I lol'd... evernight was always behind snow and eldar haha atleast up to roi, what happened after that is of no relevance xD
    You've clearly never played on EN, so what is this based on?

    If you wana go purely on PvE, EN kicked Snowbourns &&& (glad to have been a part of that) and I'd have to check Mellowship stats but Solstice glitched ToO @ 75. Well aware Eldar pwn'd @ 65, but hey.

    @Deru who isn't r11 before you? My reaver was r5 when your warden was r9.

  19. #1469
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    @Deru who isn't r11 before you? My reaver was r5 when your warden was r9.
    Maeyan and I talked about getting R11 before leaving for a bit. But yeah, I'm totally inactive on my warden and I don't raid or group, so... Goes preeetty slow. Solo renown ftw.

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grams Rock - Complaining!
    Posts
    1,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Maeyan and I talked about getting R11 before leaving for a bit. But yeah, I'm totally inactive on my warden and I don't raid or group, so... Goes preeetty slow. Solo renown ftw.
    You dont group now? Or you havent on your warden? Just checking.

    As for Renown or Infamy gain, its higher than its ever been, solo or group.

    Ranking is far to easy these days, and pointless.

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    321
    Gz Skuruthai & Maeyan.

    Lob

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pauillac
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    You've clearly never played on EN, so what is this based on?

    If you wana go purely on PvE, EN kicked Snowbourns &&& (glad to have been a part of that) and I'd have to check Mellowship stats but Solstice glitched ToO @ 75. Well aware Eldar pwn'd @ 65, but hey.
    Weren't we talking about PvP now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholean View Post
    @Deru who isn't r11 before you? My reaver was r5 when your warden was r9.
    I was r11 before he stepped foot in Ettenmoors in general ...

    PS 1: Grats Skuru and Maeyan
    PS 2: Weren't you DONE WITH THIS GAME Z0MG RAGE for 5 weeks Deru?
    Last edited by Tolgaring; Jul 18 2013 at 06:19 AM.

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    780
    Noobs. Don't know nuthin about oldskool.


    Taken 01/18/2008

    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8...restatskl5.jpg
    Moridin


    Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

    League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Noobs. Don't know nuthin about oldskool.


    Taken 01/18/2008

    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8...restatskl5.jpg
    Oh sweet lord he still has stars <3

    PS for anyone scratching their heads thinking, WUT, Y HE NO HAVE 146k TOTAL @ r8? They nerfed it at the start of MoM (if I remember correctly), a load of r12s/13s got auto ranked.

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    In August 2011 we were actually under Turbine since we migrated 02 - 06 - 2011. I guess you mean 2010, since Sydney (nice KB anyhow) already left before F2P if I remember that correctly.
    Yeah, looking over it again, i typed it out wrong. It was in 2010.

    Also found my r6 zergbaby warg statz.
    Moridin


    Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

    League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

 

 
Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload