We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary

Re: Sanctuary

Just a little shout for my kinmates.

If you are looking for a relaxed but friendly environment to enjoy your gameplay then give us a try.

Oh, and bring some cake!

You'd better learn fast, who knows when they'll change it again just to confuse and confound you!

Oh and in the name of all things Sanctuary and for the Cake that is I here by BUMP this thread!

I share this bump with ye all in this late hour. Heavy Metal in the night!
    [color=green][B]Agoram[/B], Guardian - [B]Lillan[/B], Burglar - [B]Arkhelm[/B], Hunter - [B]Rhoggy[/B], Burglar - [B]Elmarsson[/B], RK.[/color]

Pffp my fellow kinmates and officers have got a bit slack! We've slipped down again.

Herro- it's me, the founder of the kinnie team tank fistbump that we so heartily enjoy (Bochy will try and say it was him, but it's not, he's fibbing)- sorry only for us guards. But you minnies can stand about and strum your lutes, hunters can pull aggro of everything in the room, LM's can bring your bears blah blah and so on... everyone's welcome here- JUST REMEMBER THE CAKE!! (no fruit- ta)

Lots of love
    Kirs
    *BUMP*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016586f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes, certainly enough fruitcakes here already.

[center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Wink Re: Sanctuary

What's for second breakfast then?

ohh and Bump with a nod to Kirs

It's almost lunch time. You should be on at least third breakfast or brunch by now.
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

*waves to all looking for a kinship*

Join us- we're awesome- they're pictures of cake on our thread and everything

(this wasn't a blatant bump- honest)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016586f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I sent in my introduction to the forums!
    "For only the wind may sail us upon the most golden ocean."

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicbudd View Post
    I sent in my introduction to the forums!
    Hi there Budd. Glad to have you with us.

YEAY we LOVE newbies :-)

*waves manically*

Purely out of Curiosity, is this Sanctuary in any way linked to the aeons old Sanctuary that existed in Everquest?

Only curious because seeing the name bought black a flock of memories...

The beginnings of our merry band of refugees are possibly lost in the depths of time and other MMOs, but the bit that is recorded on our website refers to a previous incarnation that had its home in World of Warcraft (pta! pta! *washes mouth out with soap*). Those first migrants who left WoW in search of something better may well know if there was yet another earlier incarnation and I vaguely recall it being mentioned but it isn't recorded anywhere that I can find.

You can find some details here in our reflecting pool on the origins of Sanctuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargathi View Post
    Purely out of Curiosity, is this Sanctuary in any way linked to the aeons old Sanctuary that existed in Everquest?

Only curious because seeing the name bought black a flock of memories...
    It may well be. Sanctuary has existed as a kinship/guild/whatever in several games that I know of and probably many that I don't. Aquilla brought it to LOTRO from WoW and I've been a member in a Sanctuary in EVE Online. I believe the key indicator is that the Pledge remains very similar across all games. So I guess we are part of a worldwide movement by now
    Hithlinel
    Sanctuary

[EN-RP] Laurelin

I can remember the Furor (and subsequent changes to the EQ Infrastructure this caused) when (EQ)Sanctuary migrated to WoW en mass...

If memory serves it was rumoured that the GL of (EQ)Sanctuary was poached by Blizard along with the GL of a few other guilds during the closed beta.

I have no idea if they actually were poached, and to be honest I didn't care then, and I don't care now...

but regardless it's really good to see the name again ;o)

It's quite a pedigree

I'd love to join this kinship for casual rping and meeting others. I have applied on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lashley93 View Post
    I'd love to join this kinship for casual rping and meeting others. I have applied on the forums
    Excellent.

*Grins evilly and strokes the fluffy white kitty on his lap*

Hold on a minute!
    Who's cat is this and why is it sat on my lap?
    Shooo! Bad kitty!
    This always happens when I wear my dark navy suit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnatarsGift View Post
    It's quite a pedigree
    Indeed it is ;o)

I spent last night reminiscing with some old friends about day's gone bye ;o)

Anywise, I made a concious decision not to join any Kinship Unless/until I go VIP, but keep an eye out for Shria and Dargathi in your Travels... perhaps they will have something useful to say or do ;o)

Just keeping the kin on top of the mountain. Fo shizzle... YO!
    [color=green][B]Agoram[/B], Guardian - [B]Lillan[/B], Burglar - [B]Arkhelm[/B], Hunter - [B]Rhoggy[/B], Burglar - [B]Elmarsson[/B], RK.[/color]

Murder mystery RP night coming up.

If you've ever fancied roleplaying your hobbit/elf/dwarf as they roleplay a character in a murder mystery. Characters such as handmaiden to the queen, court jester, castle cook, etc then this should be of interest. Either way it is going to be a lot of fun and very confusing.

Yes, yes this is a blatant bump, and I'm not ashamed of it!!!

Weeeeelll, looks like someone spiked my ale. Took me a while to recover from that one and why are my sleeves wet? Did someone try to push me overboard when we made the journey? Bet it was that pesky little Bobcat again, too bad for him I put some extra weight for the journey just to be sure. Now, another ale for me please and be qui .... HOLD ON!!! Where is my coinpurse!! We have a thief amongst us!! Check the chests, closets and the insides of the cake ... Meanwhile, I'll check my beard, he.

Anyway, while searching for my gold, greetings one and all looking at our post This is Bochari speaking, Co-founder of the Team Tank Fist Bump, and I welcome you to a piece of cake anytime, as long as you bring seconds ... oh and ale.

Bochari
    Guardian Mentor in Sanctuary
    Co-founder of Team Tank Fist Bump

EDIT: oh and Bump :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000012b76/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ah very blatant BUMP on my part here, but then again we were dropping down and the other members seemed to stop! Soo it's a justified bump, atleast on my part hehe

BUMP
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000012b76/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Greetings...

I'm one of those "American type persons" of whom you have no doubt heard. My usual play time is in the afternoon, US Central time (GMT -6).

I've just created a new character on Laurelin to give role playing a try in this game. I've been playing LotrO for just over a year now, but many (many many) (LO, many many, oh how many) years ago I played pen and paper RPG's with those friends of mine who's social skills were, shall we say, wanting. In other words, we couldn't get dates.

I remember enjoying those role playing sessions (until the pouting began, and our wizard ran home in tears, taking his little brother the bard with him, who, really, wanted to stay, but since he was six and no one wanted to play with him anyway and his nose ran a good bit and he was allergic to the family pet, a cat named "Saving Roll," who would eat nothing but those little )

But I digress.

At any rate, I shall look for you on Laurelin as I play. My character is Scowyrhta; he is a maker of shoes. I will allow him to speak.

Scowyrhta to those here present: greeting. I am a shoemaker of the town of Dale. Some of you here in these western lands may have heard of it, most, I find, have not.

Three years ago, my son, Aethelred, being anxious to find his way in the wider world, left home. He were always unready. I told him, "Z'ounds, Aethelred, take thou yon spear afore ye hoof it out anon forsooth and enfsoons." We speak in this wise in my family. Even now I translate as I speak to you.

"Gadzooks and 'od's bodkins, Sire. Leave off your fussing and snorting, I'll not forget the spear!" said my son to me.

He left the next morning, sans goodbye, sans kiss for the tear - stain'd cheek of his mum, sans spear...

I intended to set out after him as soon as I discovered he'd left without his spear. But, as a inkeeper from back east known once to my grandfather's uncles third cousin - once - removed's sisters husband's nephew once said, "One thing drives out another." I'm not sure what that means, but we say it a good bit in our family. Well, we say "Oft is the earlier intent subdued by the later event, forsooth, tantivvy, alas!" but again, I translate.

So three years later, spear in hand, I've come in search of my son. Have you seen him?
    [CENTER][LEFT][HR][/HR]When I get bored, I'll let you know.[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast