We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sanctuary

Sanctuary

Sanctuary is an inclusive, family-friendly kinship based on the European RP server Laurelin. We have been in existence since early 2006 and participated in the European beta for LOTRO. Our original recruitment post from the Codemasters forums can still be seen here.

We encourage a wide variety of races, classes, and professions to aid each other in our online adventures. We have members interested in role-playing and share written stories with each other as well as play their stories out in-game. We also have a growing number of members who are interested in group content and raiding, and have been able to field a 12-man raid fairly regularly on our group nights. Our events have included some utterly ridiculous Hobbit RP, horse races, foot relays, barbecues, a chicken raid, hiders and seekers, a server-wide housing decor competition, the Sanctuary Outreach and Assistance Programme (SOAP), a Party Tree conga, and generally anything else that we thought might be fun.

However, if you are looking for a heavy RP or hardcore raiding kinship we are not the ones for you - most of our activities are on a much more casual basis. Our members are not required to meet any specific requirements except that they must treat all of their fellow kinsmen and all other players with respect and courtesy.

Our existing members come from all over Europe and ages range from 7 to 77 (literally!). All of us are mature, friendly and welcoming. Because we encourage members to allow their children to play (under supervision) we have a Pledge and a no-profanity rule that we take very seriously.

If you are interested in a friendly atmosphere and experiencing the game with a wide range of allies, we welcome you to join us. We are now open to applications from both Europe and America. There are no level requirements or attendance requirements, but forum use is strongly recommended.

However, you should note that the primary language used within the kinship is English and you will need a basic understanding of it to get by. We do have native speakers of a variety of languages including Spanish, Swedish and French, so we will help out where we can! Likewise, our peak gaming hours tend to be from about 6pm to midnight GMT, although there are members who play earlier and later than this.

We are affiliated with the North American kinship Sanctuary who are resident on Elendilmir and play mainly in the EST/CST timezones of North America. Both kinships share the same website and forums but are autonomous with separate leadership.

Our website and forums

If you are interested in joining us, please review our Pledge carefully to decide whether it is something you can commit to, then make an introductory post on our forums.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hithlinel
    Last edited by Hithlinel; Aug 06 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: updated links
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Plum][SIZE=4]Hithlinel
    [URL="http://www.lotro-sanctuary.com"]Sanctuary [/URL]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=LemonChiffon][EN-RP] Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][RIGHT][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Plum][I]Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Re: Sanctuary

Hey, hey.

Repair the links for the lazy bums who don't even look at the link under.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnorel View Post
    Hey, hey.

Repair the links for the lazy bums who don't even look at the link under.
    Done and done

This forum behaves slightly differently for posting links than the Codies one did. Should be fixed now.
    [/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=LemonChiffon][EN-RP] Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][RIGHT][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Plum][I]Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/RIGHT]

What? Where am I? What is this strange land?

Oh right! Now I remember. The migration thingy.

*Clears throat and prepares best American accent*
    Wheeel, hoowdeeee pardners!
    *Winces and decides to forget the accent before a lynch mob can be formed*

Hiya kinnies. Good to see we have made it across the Atlantic without too many lost souls. I did try throwing Bochari overboard, but he was too heavy too lift on my own. To think of all the grog I wasted in knocking him unconscious. It will take my poor wallet a while to recover. Hold on a moment...

*Rummages through the pockets of the unconscious Bochari*

That's better. I'm off to the bar to get myself a well earned drink.

See you all there soon I trust.

Who's that imposter? Oh wait...Never mind. I really could do with merging these two accounts.
    [center][font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/size]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[url=http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/forums/index.php][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001b8df4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Annatars_Gift View Post
    Who's that imposter? Oh wait...Never mind. I really could do with merging these two accounts.
    I asked about getting my forum name shifted to my EU account, but that's not currently possible either. So for now I'm sticking with this one for forum access and leaving the EU accounts "unforumed". I may change my mind once I find out what my.lotro is all about.

I'm still pouting because the username I wanted was already taken :-(

But loookkkk, I logged into the forums and posted and everything- where's the cake?

I could mantain my forum name !!!!! Everything went smoothly

I here by bump this page in the name of Sanctuary!

Thumbs up Re: Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Kirswise View Post
    where's the cake?
    Making chocolate cake here tomorrow.. I shall enjoy it on your behalf

*waves to the Americans*

Yet again I have returned to this post to offer a warm welcome to all the folks who have joined us through this thread and to those yet to join.

On another totally unrelated subject...

... Bump

Thumbs up Re: Sanctuary

Another Sanctuary member, announcing his successful transition across the Atlantic, and promoting our great kinship

Hello guys. Welcome in New World
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

*waves to Giff*

So, so, guys I've done some recon- everyone else is saying serious stuff on their posts.

Hmm... think we should join in?? Although it's going to be hard, means I can't team tank fist bump people!! No, no I'd decided against the serious stuff

*TEAM TANK FISTBUMP*

(In my head that goes along the lines of 'Thundercats hooooo!' not sure why.)

This is my forum name on my EU account. I'll probably switch to it. I think. We don't seem to be hooked up to the mylotro thing that lists our characters for us - yet. Still finding out about all the forum features

On american soil at last! Here I am, good too see all of you guys here aswell.

Looks like everyone made it in the end.

Happy to hear about it.

That way Sanctuary will still be full of friends and helpful people. Come over and visit us!

Poetosi Mellonedain, Guardian
    Proud member of Sanctuary

What's this madness? We've dropped down the listings?

BE BBBUUUMMMPPPEEEDDD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016586f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Mushroom Pie!

Can I just say that Andred seems to think that it is unnatural for dwarves to eat cake. Cake does not go well with malt beer and meat jerky. He also thinks trolls are allergic to mushroom pie and has been smearing it on his daggers.

Redemption

Re: Mushroom Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilithred View Post
    Can I just say that Andred seems to think that it is unnatural for dwarves to eat cake. Cake does not go well with malt beer and meat jerky.
    What´s this?! MADNESS!!

Oh, and yeah... BUMPIDUMP!

Just to continue beating Hreo to the bumping line...

I declare this thread BUMPPPPED!

Oh and I still haven't seen even a crumb of cake, I find this very upsetting, soon I'll be too weak to even pick up my shield, let alone smack Gorothul in the face with it.. sad times. ;-)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016586f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here's the paltry choice of deserts I had to choose from just this last weekend.

[center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Hmmm, seems to be a lot of fruit on that table AG!!!! I'm not sure I approve, I'd still be willing to smaple some of it though :-D

Gosh... The table.... Well, It´s friday after all, isn´t it?
    [color=green][B]Agoram[/B], Guardian - [B]Lillan[/B], Burglar - [B]Arkhelm[/B], Hunter - [B]Rhoggy[/B], Burglar - [B]Elmarsson[/B], RK.[/color]

Still too much fruit, and everyone knows how I feel about fruit cake too!!!

(Sometimes I feel like I'm alone on here to bump *sigh*)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast