We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-do

We are a midsize social kinship, rank ten. Or something. (Insert other boring information here.)

Sometimes we are like this.

Other times we figure out that Old Man Peterson from the Mill was actually the ghost in question, and it's more like this.

(Mostly we couldn't decide which logo we liked better.)

We have an expertly decorated kinhouse in frigid Thorin's Gate, brought to you by various drag queens and/or interiour decorators, the number 7, and the letter 'T.' Strong blackberry ale, Inn League kegs and way too much time on our hands tend to lead us to raucous and entertaining adventures. Sometimes they are chicken-related, sometimes we just end up playing 'trolololololo' continually in front of the Prancing Pony on bagpipes. Sometimes we spout nonsense on the regional/ooc channels. Kinda depends on what sort of day it is and what mood is currently taking us.

At any rate, we are all relatively sarcastic. This does not mean we are jerkfaces. Everyone in the kin is pretty darned friendly. We don't do a ton of skirmish runs or raids (in fact we've never done a raid up to this point), but we like to help one another out. This means with crafting, helping with particularly difficult quests, or just keeping one another from being too bored via irreverent kinchat.

BE WARNED: This is not a 'family friendly' kin. We all tend to joke quite a bit, and we use *gasp* ROUGH LANGUAGE. If you are at all offended by this, you might want to look elsewhere, or at the very least make sure you have your profanity filter enabled. That's what its there for, after all!

Here are some quotes directly from aforementioned kinchat, for your most casual perusal.

"Rusty da-gger, rusty da-gger. I'm gonna take off my pants."

[To Kinship] junes just said he is the happy lawyer wiener master
    [Kinship] Aenrael: aaahahahahaha
    [Kinship] Junes: See if i was a child actor i would be a greatest lawyer
    [Kinship] Junes: and they would make me the cake to saying "Happy Lawyer!" our of jams!
    [Kinship] Junes: But if you don't take the place before it boobs
    [Kinship] Junes: the cake will say sad lawyer and it will be maked outs on poop
    [Kinship] Junes: I didnint no why i sayd thats.
    [To Kinship] aaaaaaa no cheese in estildin
    [Kinship] Junes: You can bug it at the cheese stomp.
    [To Kinship] ...
    [Kinship] Junes: In criminal lake.

So uh. If this all seems like something you might be interested in, let us know (via tell to any officer, or on this post), and we will be quite happy to extend you an invite. We tend to be kinda fun I guess. Or so we've heard.

Last edited by Avarlothien; May 06 2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Chastine BaneJones, Leader of Dont Tempt Me Frodo, Silverlode/Landroval @DTMF_Chastine

Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-do

Kin Rules:
    1. There are no rules.
    1a. Rule 1 does not apply to rules 2-10.
    2. Tempting Frodo is prohibited. Being tempted by Frodo is prohibited.
    3. No shirt, no shoes, no service. For the purposes of service, Hobbit foot hair shall be considered "shoes".
    4. Please keep your hands and arms inside the kinchat at all times. In the unlikely event of a crash over water, your kinchat will expand to become a flotation device.
    5. [REDACTED]
    6. Serious kin meetings shall not be held, ever. Attendance to these meetings is mandatory. Failure to attend is punishable by revocation of Breakfast Table rights for up to but no more than one (1) half hour (15 minutes for Hobbits).
    7. If your toon has improper, lame, or ludicrous gear/outfits, do not expect to be chastised. In fact, we heartily endorse creative expression.
    8. Frozen fish duels shall be arbitrated by an impartial Pescatorial Justiciar, to be appointed with the agreement of both parties prior to the duel. Such duels shall not be used to determine any real consequences, except perhaps which one of the participants is A Cooler Dude than the other.
    9. If, whether by accident or on purpose, a kin member ingests any liquid from one of the many Sinister Kegs within the DTMF Kin House, he or she is fully responsible for relocating his/her pants. No kin member shall be pantsless for more than the required allotment of time, unless a) provoked by utter necessity or b) he or she really wants to.
    10. At no time shall rules 2 through 10 be considered legally binding, contractually applicable, socially appropriate, or professional therapeutic/relationship/gardening advice. Any resemblance to real rules, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Furthermore! Chastine, Mirineth and myself comprise a band, coincidentally also named Don't Tempt Me Frodo. Sometimes you can catch us playing the Prancing Pony, and eventually we plan on a tour of the Shire and possibly a four-way wedding of heretofore unseen proportions. When inclined, we will maybe play for events, if asked really nicely while being plied with delicious/expensive things. We reserve the right to switch to bagpipes and play Poker Face at any moment. We will not play Free Bird unless we think it would be funny.
    Last edited by Ragnaroktopus; Feb 13 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001f2cdb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-d

Additional (kinhouse) rule: Don't eat the dove.

[url=http://bit.ly/12OydR1][size=1][b][color=white]Don't Tempt Me Frodo | Kin Rules[/color][/b]
    [i]2. Tempting Frodo is prohibited. Being tempted by Frodo is prohibited.[/i][/size][/url]

Re: Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-d

DO eat the mini-tacos...
    Chastine BaneJones, Leader of Dont Tempt Me Frodo, Silverlode/Landroval @DTMF_Chastine

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnaroktopus
    7. If your toon has improper, lame, or ludicrous gear/outfits, do not expect to be chastised. In fact, we heartily endorse creative expression.
    Indeed.

[url=http://bit.ly/12OydR1][size=1][b][color=white]Don't Tempt Me Frodo | Kin Rules[/color][/b]
    [i]2. Tempting Frodo is prohibited. Being tempted by Frodo is prohibited.[/i][/size][/url]

Yes yes yes yes yes!

Come join us. There is much merriment and mischief.

Also, there is no newb hazing. We welcome all...in open...errrr...arms.
    Cesela Woodgreen - Officer of Don't Tempt Me Frodo
    Formerly of Silverlode
    Now of Crickhollow

Looking out for those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanaci View Post
    Also, there is no newb hazing.
    DISCLAIMER: Putting up with other kinmates' quirks and insanity does not count as 'hazing' or 'being hazed.'

Public entertainment.

Most entertaining thread I've read in a long while, thanks
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]"You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

[/FONT]

We try, bro.

Smile Re: Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-d

Don't Tempt Me Frodo kin,

You all sound like a load of fun to bum around middle earth with. I was wondering if i might be able to solicit an invite for a few of my tunes. Currently I am in a small group kin made up of about six players of which only about three are active. I am looking for a more active group to quest and interact with while i play. I will mention it to some of my other kin-mates as well in the case they might be interested. I have 8 toons currently:

Cosmosia 68 burg hobbit (waiting for others to quest with)
    Limerwen 57 champ elf (currently working)
    Dahlinnea 46 warden hobbit (currently working)
    Zywyn 43 lore master elf
    Jezziwyn 35 captain man
    Penelowyn 35 guardian elf
    Pyskaal 34 rune keeper dwarf
    Dylband 25 minstrel hobbit

they are all maxed in crafting up to the pre ROI lvl (except my Armorer ) and will bump them all up the next time i go VIP for a period.

also have one toon (lvl 15 hunter hobbit Tulise) on landroval I am working to lvl 20ish to attend weatherstock this year ... if anyone wanted to make a DTMF band there it could be fun.

I would probably only move one~half of them over and keep our group kin alive (Consensus of Reluctant Heroes). hit me up with a message and I can meet you in game or in some other way if you want to discuss more.

Thanks,
    Cosmo and friends
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000336707/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A more active group?

Guys are we active again? Someone? Anyone?

Honestly though- I have to warn you, a lot of us had a lot of those 'real life' things happen, so we aren't around as much. We're still down to play the odd show and toss money at the Kinhouse upkeep, but I can't really act like People Are Around All The Time in good conscience when you're seriously considering jumping servers for us.

That said, I am uh. Pretty freakin' flattered.

If you still want to join, let me know and we'll arrange for someone to shoot you an invite.
    Last edited by Avarlothien; Feb 13 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-d

Yeah, if you do decide to join, Darth - welcome aboard
    DTMF had a period of hibernation over xmas. Breaks are good though. They usually result in a resurgence in sign-ins.

The kin is made up of a great bunch of folks. I'm not the most active kin member (haha), but that doesn't stop me being cray cray about this lot.

Red face Re: Don't Tempt Me Frodo Seeking Jovial Roustabouts for Great Justice/Merry Derring-d

Ditto all of that. This group brings me so much joy, even if we aren't as active as we used to be. As soon as I get this graduate school application/acceptance process over with, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be back in-game and ready to go!

--Also, the thought of creating a DTMF band on Landroval for Weatherstock sounds awesome. The first time I heard of all of the music-ey things that happen on Landroval, I was quite jealous. I think I've actually rolled a couple of toons on that server already,...although,...with Weatherstock in mind, I could roll a *special* toon, just for the band. Hmmm,...the wheels are turning. (*peaks fingers like Mr. Burns*)
    Last edited by Atrienna; Feb 13 2012 at 11:30 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001db34a/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yeah it's kinda bullcrap that we don't have a presence there.

But gosh darn it I would have to make another toon.

And more money. And more dresses. And another kinhouse.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT MIRI DON'T MAKE ME DO IT.