We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sorry for the later reply but yes Vallie is more than welcome to join Durin's Folk! You are welcome to look up one of our in game officers; Asudrom, Alhvar, Barkgrim, Khlosi, Odsi, Thorlaen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016ab12/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Duinn Drakenbane of The Lonely Mountain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=blue]Lord of the Kinship of [URL="http://durinsfolk.mmoguildsites.com/"]Durin's Folk[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hearken Dwarrows of Middle-Earth!

The Kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting! What say you will you join?

Visit our posters and notices in towns and cities around Middle-Earth for information on the Kinship.

We offer the opportunity to join our armed forces to help safeguard the dwarrow halls and trade networks abroad but at the same time we offer all dwarrows a non military life, with crafting, mining and acquiring the riches in the endless deeps. For those willing and interested in joining contact a member or a lord and the matter will be explained to you.

The kinship of Durin's Folk is divide as such, one military side divided into beard length ((level progression)) with various raids with our allies abroad and many other incursions and safe guarding our own lands. Then we have the civil side, regarding all things not military, mining, crafting, music and other dwarrow customs.

Come now and join brothers.

Contact Duinn, Asudrom, Barkgrim, Raggolgrimbob, Odsi, Khlosi, Thorlaen, Thogen and Oininen online
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000016ab12/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Duinn Drakenbane of The Lonely Mountain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=blue]Lord of the Kinship of [URL="http://durinsfolk.mmoguildsites.com/"]Durin's Folk[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The Kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting!

Excellent Kin! Only good things to say about this Kin
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

I joined up very recently, I'm "Skogur" ingame.

Unbelivably awesome Kinship, seriously

Cheers Skogur!

And as for an overall update:

Visit our posters and notices in towns and cities around Middle-Earth for information on the Kinship.

((We are also planning events in January Like the Dwarven Market))

Dwarven Market
    11th, 12th, 13th and 14th of January

Every day from 2PM till 4 PM

Locations:
    11th: Winterhome
    12th: Frerin's Court (Crafting Area)
    13th: Needlehole
    14th: Staddle

More details to come!

The Kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting!

Howdy. I'm looking for a Hall/Dwarf kinship to join.

Dangrom
    Dwarf Guardian
    Last edited by Moroni; Jun 27 2014 at 11:59 PM.
    - Laurelin server, Hunti (Hunter)
    "Tis time to travel these trails of trial."

This looks like a really good Dwarf kin, and my main has been searching for such a Kin. However I'm a little concerned that Durin's Folk appears to be for only hardcore dedicated RPers. While I am really getting into the RP side of things, and I always stay in character in-game, I don't think I can commit to the kind of things Durin's Folk members requires. Does this Kin have room for casual RPers? That is, someone who logs on and plays Lotro at odd times.

We are still recruiting as ever - forgive the late reply - and yes, we welcome casual players as well. Any level of commitment to the kinship is at one's own time.

Kind regards,

D

Great to hear: I am definitely interested in joining.

In-game: Konigsberg of the White Mountains

I will send through a letter of request in-game.

I received your mail in game Konigsberg, feel free to contact only, myself Duinn, Khlosi, Kandral, Kveltrild, Hroskold, Asudrom, Thorlaen, Thogen, Odsi, Oininen, and Byl to join.

And to everyone else wishing to join, the same goes for you. Many new events big and small but always very dwarven!

Join Durin's Folk now!

We offer the opportunity to join our armed forces to help safeguard the dwarrow halls and trade networks abroad but at the same time we offer all dwarrows a non military life, with crafting, mining and acquiring the riches in the endless deeps. For those willing and interested in joining contact a member or a lord and the matter will be explained to you.

The kinship of Durin's Folk is divide as such, one military side divided into beard length ((level progression)) with various raids with our allies abroad and many other incursions and safe guarding our own lands. Then we have the civil side, regarding all things not military, mining, crafting, music and other dwarrow customs.

Come now and join brothers.

Contact Duinn, Asudrom, Kandral, Kveltrild, Odsi, Khlosi, Thorlaen, Thogen, Hroskold, Byl and Oininen online

Well met!

Firstly a grand welcome to the numerous new members that joined our kin recently.
    It's been great to have so many excited new faces with brilliant ideas joining our already amazing kin.

And a reminder to every RP-er that wishes to try their hand at a dwarf character; you are always welcome under the banner of Durin's Folk.
    Our kinship includes a tremendous variety of personalities and outstanding RPers.
    From those that start out with RP (who we are eager to help as best we may) to those that are seasoned veterans and like a solid Hall to call home.
    Scroll through this thread and you'll quickly have no doubt that our members have found the Hall they had been looking for.

The events run by our kinship are recognized by many on our server and beyond for providing an outstanding RP-platform (and being grand good fun in the process).
    It is a challenge to name all the things we do and who we are as kinship, as there are just so many things to name; there honestly is never a dull moment.
    Yet seeing we Longbeards are never afraid of a challenge ... here goes:

* Rank 10, Kinhouse, Lorehouse, kintreasury and kin stores (thousands of items and recipes), extensive and indebt RP groups (scouts, story-line Traders RP at fixed locals, music, military (several chapters here, something for everyone), etc... ), regular events (kinmeetings, ales and tales, drills, neo-khuzdul lessons (yes you can actually learn Dwarvish with us , epic story line (our own RP episodicals) , raids, skirmishes and instances, lore discussion nights, dwarf camp (learn all about the dwarves and how to RP one), merit runes (earn TP by taking part in RP as a kin or in a group with other friends), dwarven dinners (join us as we raid pantries), game nights (play a game of dwarrow dice... be careful you might lose a bit of silver ), exploration events (join us on a walk through Middle Earth, get the lore background and get some TP while we are at it), develop YOUR story line (tailored events centered around the story line of various members), crafting events (help out a kinmember or let us help you get the gear you deserve), seasonal events like the Harnkegger Games (Lotro's very own Olympic-style multi-day tournament with great prizes), and many (honestly), many more things...

Interested? Come and have an ale with us!

(Contact Duinn, Asudrom, Kandral, Kveltrild, Odsi, Khlosi, Thorlaen, Thogen, Hroskold, Byl and Oininen online)

At your service,

Kandral Strongbeard

Hi there, I'm interested in this kin.
    Recently rolled a Dwarf so I could join a good kin.
    Would like to know more about the events, do you do some wandering events for instance, or is it mainly in one town etc?
    The only thing is I'd like to lvl up a bit first before any RP
    Anyway if you are still recruiting I can be found on Grimbaldorf, the Champion.
    Also if I'm not on him then I'll be on my main Burglar Meriduc.
    Cheers

Greetings and well met master Grimbaldorf,

Our events are a very broad range, all kinds of civil and military events. And we indeed have multi-week events (quests/adventures) too, in addition to weekly RP at fixed locations (like Othrikar and Zigilgund).
    In case you need more info do let me of one of the officers know.
    I'll keep an eye out for you master Grimbaldorf *bows*

Ever at your service,

Kandral, son of Kuinn.

I just made a dwarf his name is Rurthic and I would be interesting in joining this kinship

You have a home here my friend, welcome...
    *bows low* I bid you to speak to one of our officers... Khlosi, Thorlaen, Odsi, Oininen, Hlifa, Kveltrild, Byl, Hroskold, myself Kandral or perhaps the grand Lord Duinn himself.

Wink Durin's Folk is calling all Dwarves (with an interest in RP)

Hail and well met!

On behalf of the dwarves of Durin's Folk, I would personally like to extend an invitation to players with Dwarf characters, heading from one of the sunsetting servers to the Laurelin server, to come over and join our All-Dwarf Role Play kinship.

New to Role Play? Don't know where to start? Not quite sure if RP is your thing?

Relax… why not try it out and see if you like it? I'm sure you won't regret it.
    Our community is open for players for anyone with an interest in dwarf RP, whether you are a seasoned RP-veteran or just taking your first steps in the world of Role Play.

So what can you expect in Durin's Folk?

* Events: Practically every day there is an event ongoing. This may range from Tavern Games, to concerts, to crafting events, to group instances (yes, RP goes far beyond smoking a pipe at the Pony) or even dwarvish lessons. We even host such massive gaming events like The Harnkegger Games where you can win loads of TP.
    The amount of events is simply tremendously varied and we are absolutely convinced there is something for everyone's taste.

* Friends: Durin's Folk is the oldest and biggest all-dwarf kinship on Laurelin. As such we have members that have been with us for many years, forming a friendly and open community, where no one need feel alone.

* Support: Need that axe crafted, short on some ore, looking for a new set of jewelry… Our supportive community will surely aid you. Our philosophy has always been "pass on the kindness". Someone does a good deed for you, you keep a look out for another member that could use your help. We are friends after all.

* Maturity: All members of Durin's Folk are guided by the principles of respect, support and kindness, which translates in the attitudes of our members. We understand and respect that real life comes first, no matter what. We are all here to have fun, but never at the expense of our everyday lives. New members are not only welcomed, they are assisted in a mature and friendly way by our officers and members on the journey they wish to take, at the pace they wish to take it. Whether that is the journey of someone new to RP or someone eager to create an elaborate RP-campaign, or merely to join a dwarven family… we'll get you there.

* Active: One thing that can be said about Durin's Folk is that we are likely one of the most active and versatile RP kinships on the Laurelin server. Apart from the endless stream of events that you are free to join you'll also find a bustling forum that is open to all members. Even if you can't log in to lotro for a while you are welcome to join the conversations or even join the RP-forum-sessions. Durin's Folk even offers its members the possibility to complete in-game RP-quests, write forum stories or win our RP-er of the Month award and by doing so earn TP or other prizes in process.

That will do for now I'm sure
    Have we sparked your interest?

Then contact Khlosi, Thorlaen, Odsi, Kandral, Oininen, Hlifa, Kveltrild, Byl, Hroskold, or Duinn on the Laurelin server. Or check out our welcome page at http://durinsfolk.shivtr.com/pages/welcome

At your service and your family's,

Kandral Strongbeard, son of Kuinn
    Officer of Durin's Folk - Laurelin

The Kinship of Durin's Folk wishes everyone a happy Yule!

Still here!

Hail and well met! We are not gone, we have not faded, we just forgot to update this thread! Durin's Folk is active and recruiting for anyone interested in dwarf rp.

Red face sneaky dwarves....

!yadot su nioj ...esur ruo hguorht ees ot elba era sevrawd trams eht ylnO
    !uoy dniheb pu gnikaens si kloF s'niruD

Kinships come... kinships go... but there is always Durin's Folk

So what can you expect when you join Durin's Folk?

* Events: Practically every day there is an event ongoing. This may range from Tavern Games, to concerts, to crafting events, to group instances (yes, RP goes far beyond smoking a pipe at the Pony) or even dwarvish lessons. We even host such massive gaming events like The Harnkegger Games where you can win loads of TP.
    The amount of events is simply tremendously varied and we are absolutely convinced there is something for everyone's taste.

* Friends: Durin's Folk is the oldest still active all-dwarf kinship on Laurelin. As such we have members that have been with us for many years, forming a friendly and open community, where no one need feel alone.

* Support: Need that axe crafted? Short on some ore? Looking for a new set of jewelry? Our supportive community will surely aid you! Our philosophy has always been "pass on the kindness". Someone does a good deed for you, you keep a look out for another member that could use your help. We are friends after all.

* Maturity: All members of Durin's Folk are guided by the principles of respect, support and kindness, which translates in the attitudes of our members. We understand and respect that real life comes first, no matter what. We are all here to have fun, but never at the expense of our everyday lives. New members are not only welcomed, they are assisted in a mature and friendly way by our officers and members on the journey they wish to take, at the pace they wish to take it. Whether that is the journey of someone new to RP or someone eager to create an elaborate RP-campaign, or merely to join a dwarven family… we'll get you there.

* Active: One thing that can be said about Durin's Folk is that we are likely one of the most active and versatile RP kinships on the Laurelin server. Apart from the endless stream of events that you are free to join you'll also find a bustling forum that is open to all members. Even if you can't log in to lotro for a while you are welcome to join the conversations or even join the RP-forum-sessions. Durin's Folk even offers its members the possibility to complete in-game RP-quests, write forum stories or win our RP-er of the Month award and by doing so earn TP or other prizes in process.

Have we sparked your interest?

Then contact Kandral, Glorieskh, Oininen, Kveltrild, Byl, Holgi, Thalamath, Thorlaen, Hilfar or Duinn on the Laurelin server. Or check out our sit at http://durinsfolk.shivtr.com

You stand in the Mukbû Sigintarâg, the Library of the Longbeards, in the Halls of Khuzd Belkul.
    Before you a stone table is placed. Standing firm on four massive pillars, the deep blue marble surface reflects the surroundings of the room.
    The sides and edges of the table are inlayed with a fine golden knotwork pattern. Upon the top of the table a thick leather book is placed.
    The cover of the book appears to be made of gold with a blue leather inlay. In its centre the head of Durin is displayed in gold and precious gems.
    The Runes on the cover read 'Mazarbul I'gelrûk Khazâd Durinul'unâkh' roughly translated it means Chronicle of Information about the Dwarrow of Durin's Hall.
    This Chronicle was given to Duinn, son of Muninn, who is son of Frerin son of Throrin by Dáin, king under the mountain, when he commissioned the order to establish the Kinship of Durin's Folk.
    The Chronicle contains all the information about and guidelines of the Kinship of Durin's Folk.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION ABOUT DURIN'S FOLK

Durin's Folk, created in 2011 on the Laurelin [EU] is a heavy RP kinship, unique because of a variety of reasons.
    To mention a few - we have unique events that incorporate Neo-Khuzdul, we host the Dwarrow Ting, and, although we are a heavy RP kinship,
    we are also oriented towards game progression, based and even sometimes blended with RP for extra fun.

The kinship strives to come as close to Tolkien's description of the dwarves as possible, and offers players a change to indulge themselves in this legendarium.
    By offering Neo-Khuzdul and Lore lessons, we hope to broaden insight to the linguistic, cultural and societal aspects of what it means to be a dwarf in Middle-earth.

Like true Dwarrows, we are proud of our heritage, our beards, our kin, our beards, our friendly community, and our beards.
    Did we mention that we are proud of our beards?
    All Joking aside, Durin's Folk is also home to a few well-known events and initiatives on Laurelin, such as the Dwarrow Ting, the Harnkegger Games, the Tablets of Khazadgund and the famed Rolling Kegs band.

Our kinship works with a foundation based upon three important Pillars of Dwarrow society:

Lore
    -|-
    Force
    -|-
    Trade

We implemented these Pillars as subgroups in the kinship.
    You can learn more about the Pillars on the Durin's Folk Chronicles.

We have different ranks and uniforms.
    One uniform system is for ceremonial purposes only, and mandatory for events deemed ceremonial.
    The other is free for all to use, with two exceptions of color.
    Furthermore, the kinship has a military side and a civil side: being active in one side does not exclude you from taking part in the other.
    The division is simply for what kind of RP is appropriate.

If we sparked your interest and you want to learn more about us, please use our I'gelrûk links to read about more specific information about our Kinship.

I'GELRÛK OF DURIN'S FOLK

- The History of Durin's Folk -

- The Way of Durin -

- The Way of Durin: Amendments -

- The Pillars of Durin's Folk -

- Structure of the Kinship -

- Ranks -

- The Halls of Durin's Folk -

- The Durin's Folk Chronicles -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

- Durin's Folk Chronicles (our website) -

- Durin's Folk Laurelin Archives Page -

IN-GAME CONTACTS

Kandral Strongbeard
    Lord - Uzbad

Byl
    Heir - Izbad

Thorlaen
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of War - Azaghalbad)

Oininen
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of Treasury - Gabashâlbad)

Gloriesk
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of Lore - Fahnûnabad)

Hilfar
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of Trade - Asjârbad)

Holgi
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of TBC)

Duinn
    Officer - Zabad (Adad)

Khimir Oakenbraids
    Officer - Zabad (Zabad of Architecture - Matharkûnbad)

Thalamath

Azadrud Bronzebuckle

Hosgrim

Most excellent presentation and art work Speckles.

I have much appreciation for all the lore inspired/based kinships and events that this fair server has but seeing this last post, I merely wanted to share my admiration for this. As I have said and shared before many times with many players, (not only in-game and on other worlds, but also on other outside sources from which over the years people have come to the server) it just goes to show the high skill, creativity, and deep love for the setting that resides here.

Truly well done.

[Also, if I would share my counsel, then I feel that it would serve best the kinship if that post was put as the first one so that all can see it when first seeing this thread.]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast