We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: The Kinship of Durin's Folk (Dwarf only RP-kin)

Hi there Duinn,
    I'm planning on making a move to laurelin with my dwarven rune-keeper. I'm interested in med- heavy RP kin with a friendly community. Alot of people have pointed me your way so i'm curious to learn how you run and these campaigns you run. Now I have played other MMO's where I was mainly a trader in RP but I also played the role of a "recorder" rping the person who wrote down the events.

Seeing as the rune-keeper is quite umm un-tolkein in combat if I did join the kin in roleplay campaigns could I play a recorder and RP a historian of the kin as well as healing or dpsing? (think the dwarf who wrote the book of mazurbil of however its spelled)

Anyway thanks I look forward to the move!
    Dunthas runehand

Hi Dunthas,

And yes you are welcome to join and you are welcome if willing to become mazarbulu sigintarag. Lots of RP to be done and these campaigns will begin soon. The recorder would be most welcome and probably more appropriate for our campaigns and would even welcome for our regular weekly events.

Contact Khlosi, Norgi, Kandral or Me ingame.

Sincerely,
    Duinn

Actively recruiting and active in events! Check out previous posts for information. Contact; Duinn, Kandral, Byl, Torstig, Alhvar, Maldurin and Barkgrim in game for invite.

Hearken Dwarrows of Middle-Earth!

The Kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting! What say you will you join?

Visit our posters and notices in towns and cities around Middle-Earth for information on the Kinship.

[youtube overlay=true]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=2olojr9ikTg[/youtube]

These are some of the benefits and specialities that Durin's Folk offers to all who wish to join a proper dwarrow community;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=lY9IB6nR6bs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mx4H0Lp73MU

Join the Longbeards

Have been part of this kinship for a long time and I must say, if you are looking for a mature, fun and social RP kinship, this is it, without a doubt. Alway great fun !

Those dwarven RP-ers looking for a social heavy RP kinship on the Laurelin server, look no further.
    What can I say, Durin's Folk has everything a dwarf needs... Kinhouse, ting, stores, events, RP campaigns, khuzdul lessons, crafting aid, etc... for any level.

Thanks Durin's Folk brothers
    [URL=http://dwarrowscholar.wordpress.com][IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kandral/thedwarrowscholar11_zps6bd6013d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

A question or two! :)

Hello! Your kinship looks very nice, and was wondering if I could ask a few questions! The first question I have is would it be alright if I were to not be very active? As of right now I play with two other groups of people, and want to be able to distribute my time amongst them. Also, is it alright if I join and (very likely) stay at a low level? Thanks!

I recently made a semi-transition from Crickhollow to Laurelin, and have recreated my Dwarven Champion, Rurir. I would be honoured to place my axes at your service as we sweep the servants of the Enemy from the land and retake the halls of our fathers!

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    Last edited by Cala_Romello; Jun 27 2012 at 02:52 PM.

I_R_22, yes all your enquires are acceptable and no problem really. Regarding less activity, we have a 90 day inactivity policy with a pre written leave of absence to extend your leave, should that be needed. Be Honoured to have you!

Calla Romello, Yes I would be honoured to fight alongside you!
    You two can contact our in game officers for invites or come to an event. contact Kandral, Alhvar, Maldurin, Barkgrim, Kuinn, Duinn, Byl and Torstig for an invite in game.

Our events are Drills at Thorin's Gate on mondays, Ales, tales & Riddles on Thursdays at Thorin's Tavern at 3pm servertime.

Hope to see you soon,

Duinn

Hail Dwarves of Middle-Earth, The kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting. Issued by King Dáin to unite the dwarves of the Eriador and help fight the Enemy and help reclaim Khazad-Dum. We seek stout, hearty and loyal dwarves
    Will you join our mighty and noble cause? What say you?

Lord, Duinn Muninn's son Frerin's son of The Lonely Mountain

((OOC, RP-Kin with complicated drills, story telling nights and other events. Kinship rules and regulations to ensure mature and good role-playing. Uniforms, ranks and much more. Contact, Duinn, Kandrak, Barkgrim, Alhvar, Kuinn for invite in game. http://durinsfolk.shivtr.com/))

Recruiting

Visit our posters and notices in towns and cities around Middle-Earth for information on the Kinship.

These are some of the benefits and specialities that Durin's Folk offers to all who wish to join a proper dwarrow community;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=lY9IB6nR6bs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mx4H0Lp73MU

Fan made video!

Thanks to Lina Willowwood
    Last edited by Duinn; Jan 29 2013 at 05:44 PM.

We offer the opportunity to join our armed forces to help safeguard the dwarrow halls and trade networks abroad but at the same time we offer all dwarrows a non military life, with crafting, mining and acquiring the riches in the endless deeps. For those willing and interested in joining contact a member or a lord and the matter will be explained to you.

The kinship of Durin's Folk is divide as such, one military side divided into beard length ((level progression)) with various raids with our allies abroad and many other incursions and safe guarding our own lands. Then we have the civil side, regarding all things not military, mining, crafting, music and other dwarrow customs.

Come now and join brothers.

Contact, Hanfur, Alhvar, Barkgrim, Asudrom, Byl, Khlosi, Thorlaen and Torstig online
    Last edited by Duinn; May 08 2013 at 05:59 AM.

Oh my!!! The videos are JUST amazing.

I wish this great Kin, all the best of luck with their recruitments

Thumbs up

Really awesome videos guys! looking forward to seeing even more in the future!
    Istuir - Warden and Caun to the Mithdirith - Loth-i-Lonnath

Thank you both for your kind words *bows* and yes more to come and new events! Dwarrows never grow tired in their mountain homes. Until the morrow good friends

D

The Kinship of Durin's Folk is recruiting!

Hail, master dwarves!

I am Alhvar, Warlord of Durin's Folk. The kinship has a military side and a civil side. The civil side is run by our Civil Lord Hanfur. I am sure he can tell you more about it. I lead the military side and I intend to say a few words about it.

Military drills of Durin's Guard;
    Several times a week there are military drills. After a warm-up the guard commonly practices sparing, marching or formation fighting.

Inspection

Formation marching in Bree

Single line marching in Bree

Formation training at Thorin's Gate

Formation fighting in Barrow-Downs

Sparing

The Branches of Durin's Guard;
    Durin's Guard is devided into three branches - The Youngbeards ((lvl 0-24)), The Broadbeards ((25-49)) and The Elderbeards ((50+)). Members of kinsman rank and higher wear cloaks in branch colour. Youngbeard colour is brown, Broadbeard colour is blue and Elderbeard colour is black.

Branch leaders inspect their branches

Youngbeards in the Barrow-Downs

Broadbeards in Agaumar

Elderbeards in Annuminas

Elderbeards in Urugarth

Elderbeards in Sammath Gul

Elderbeards in Urugarth

Thráin's Guard;
    We also have a scout company - Thráin's Guard. They are easily recognized by their camouflage cloaks.

Scouts ambushing

Scouts camping

Scouts moving towards Eregion
    Last edited by Alhvar; Jun 02 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Master dwarves, please join us!

Weekly sunday kin meeting

Good day.

Returning player here and used to be in Duinn's Folk. I'll get in touch in a few days! Have you changed color on the uniform though? I recall the blue color was less saturated and cartoony than in the pictures, but it might just be hopeful memories I guess

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Targean View Post
    Good day.

Returning player here and used to be in Duinn's Folk. I'll get in touch in a few days! Have you changed color on the uniform though? I recall the blue color was less saturated and cartoony than in the pictures, but it might just be hopeful memories I guess

Regards,
    Sorry about the late reply here (I am not sure who you are?). To my knowledge the uniform colour has been the very same since the founding of the kinship - namingly evendim blue. It has a slightly different shade depending on which item is dyed to it, but yes, they are very exentric, which makes us stand out in crowds and such.

oo hi. we have a possible recruit for you. level 30 runekeeper dwarf, name of vallie if you'd have him...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast