We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Melian was a Maia, of the race of the Valar. She dwelt in the gardens of Lórien, and among all his people there were none more beautiful than Melian, nor more wise, nor more skilled in songs of enchantment. It is told that the Valar would leave their works, and the birds of Valinor their mirth, that the bells of Valmar were silent and the fountains ceased to flow, when at the mingling of the lights Melian sang in Lórien. Nightingales went always with her, and she taught them their song; and she loved the deep shadows of the great trees. She was akin before the World was made to Yavanna herself; and in that time when the Quendi awoke beside the waters of Cuiviénen she departed from Valinor and came to the Hither Lands, and there she filled the silence of Middle-earth before the dawn with her voice and the voices of her birds.

Inspired by the heraldry image of Melian the Maia.
    Quitely you crept in and changed us all...

Quote Originally Posted by Arangilas View Post
    Wow D! You have really progressed since I saw your frist works

So great to see new art pieces from you.
    I really like this one of Ilaru!

And great thread!
    If you like the Ila pieces, Aran, then you'd probably love my latest work. It's not LotRO related, though, so I'll refrain from posting it here

If I can find someone willing to fiddle with photoshop and add some decent scars to a skin for me, I'd update Ila and Blaec with a new base figure. Alas, I'm terrible with photoshop myself, so any new lotro related character pictures are on hold for the time being.
    Last edited by Mithithiel; Nov 26 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Larger image

Boatmen of the Lhun

The year has waned and the chill winds blow. Wandering Companies have returned to warm and welcoming hearths. A time of cheer, joy and laughter with family and friends.. But harsh weather does little to prevent the boatmen of the Lhun from plying the river and delivering supplies where they are needed, singing their songs as they travel to and from Mithlond. If the river should freeze? Then expect them to take to horse and sleigh with bells a jingling and lots of merry laughter!

May each and every one of you have a warm fire and well stocked pantry this winter season.
    (Just be sure to leave out a little wine or cake for the delivery man!)

On behalf of everyone in Loth-i-Lonnath, we wish the whole community a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by Aearandir; Dec 23 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Aear,
    I love the image you posted, I first saw it on the LAs before you made it into an news banner. I really like the LOTR border.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Aearandir!!
    This represent all the things I love. Fjords and mountains. + Middle-Earth. I also love the colors! It reminds me of a Norwegian painting that I truly like. (brudeferden i Hardanger)
    This picture truly awake lots of emotions in me(never get tired of looking at it), and I definetly wanna try make a picture of it, that I can put on my wall home..

Thanks for sharing, a great gift!! you area a true artist, very proud to know you.

Merry Christmas indeed!!!

Hugs from Achy
    Last edited by Achy; Dec 24 2012 at 12:26 PM.

The artists of this thread continue to blow me away with their work. Thank you for continuing to share with us.

Long time i have not posted here. Great pictures as always, but i'd love to see more new names ! Come on people, don't be shy and show us what you do !
    I've just finished this, it's not especially related to Lotro but it's a bit "fantasy" like i suppose :

http://lhak.bplaced.net/Site/shell1.jpg

I used Gimp and a Wacom pen tablet.

*bowing to all authors* A great collection of beautiful pictures was gathered in this thread. I am not sure, whether I should dare...
    A map I prepared for the residents of the hobbit town Songburrow (not yet finished though)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000029a143/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by katee13 View Post
    *bowing to all authors* A great collection of beautiful pictures was gathered in this thread. I am not sure, whether I should dare...
    A map I prepared for the residents of the hobbit town Songburrow (not yet finished though)
    Art is so many things and this map is absolutely lovely! very well done. Love the details!

Good job

On the premise that, I know, I know, necro thread... but I think that rather than creating a new one for the same thing, is better to re utilize an already existent one! Besides, this thread has so many nice artworks, that it is a shame to let it sink in the depths of the forum.

So I want to add my contribution, a couple portraits I made for my two sea elf ladies

miridial

gwaeweth
    Last edited by miriadel; Apr 03 2016 at 11:43 AM.
    ~Wandering around Arda~ my Lotro blog :)

Red face

Those are very beautiful, miriadel , well done

This is the original Laurelin Art thread that was started by the lovely artists of Laurelin many years ago. Here the artists themselves enjoy sharing their work that is inspired my their characters in game and by Middle-earth.

It is important to know many people on our server ( and on other servers too ) enjoy been truly creative and so here is a wonderful place where you the artist or creator of such pieces , can share your work.

So welcome to the Laurelin Art thread on the Laurelin forum, if you enjoy drawing or painting, using digital art or any creative form, feel free to share here

Last edited by Amorey; Sep 04 2015 at 05:46 AM.

Beautiful as usual, Amorey.

I do enjoy browsing this thread. I don't feel confident enough to submit my own works, but it's good to see others can.

Red face

Here are some few more sketches and doodles

Following The River Anduin
    by Leilani Amorey, on Flickr

Rivendell
    by Leilani Amorey, on Flickr

Really wanted to share this one, my selfmade portrait of Aetheleon stringing his bow:

?-?-? Khimir Oakenbraids of Durin's Folk ?-?-?

Red face

Very lovely indeed Master Speckles...thanks for sharing

And here and some more doodles from me...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7