We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Red face Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    lol you took an existing image and a screenshot, merged them and applied a filter? :P Very artistic.
    I think that photoshop by Minyelaire is really nice, I like it very much , please share more.

ALL contributions in this thread are lovely and its nice people are happy to share their work
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    lol you took an existing image and a screenshot, merged them and applied a filter? :P Very artistic.
    Yes even that is artistic.
    Everyone started out small and I only started to discover the possibilities of Photoshop. I am not feeling bad for being new on this field.

Thanks Armorey!! I am waiting actually already for your next cute picture! I love it when you paint them hobbits! *hugs*
    [i]"She is blind? Then she sees more than I ever will."[/i] - Amlarad

Let's freshen the page up a bit eh?

The original sketch was made by Tuniviel, I just inked it and coloured ^^
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001a34b0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=https://twitter.com/NalyeAsMeldar]Twitter[/url] | [URL="http://sarathaela.deviantart.com/"]Deviant Art[/URL] | [URL="http://hammadiquendi.blogspot.ch/"]Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves[/URL]
    Daerundros | Selarthil | Ruthoiel | Duinien[/center]

Gorgeous, Amorey!
    [IMG]http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/member_avatars/679762/original.gif?1384084758[/IMG]
    [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/508"][COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=3]Curugirion[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B], [FONT=palatino linotype]Hirgonui of the[/FONT] [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/3197"][COLOR=#ffff00][SIZE=3]Loth-i-Lonnath[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B]

beautilful Pictures!
    Share more!
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Absolutely amazing! Makes me wish I bothered to learn how to draw or anything. Perhaps I will draw a portrait of Tourmalien. Hmmm....

~ Tourmalien Bracegirdle
    Tourmalien Bracegirdle
    Marigold Goold
    Cirilo Shorttoe

Edstan

Another Edstan (different style)

Shrewgo

*shrug*
    Last edited by Aradriantheseer; May 27 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    [center][font=triforce]"There is a man behind that shell of a myth, aye. But I cannot tell you much more about [url=http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/1316]Edstan.[/url] In fact...I do not think he can tell you much about himself either!"

- Alyssa, Woman of Rohan[/center][/font]

So I am hardly artistic, but I can doodle and write some. I figured I'd put in my admittedly poorer two cents(If you bite them, they'll bend).

Like Some Small Dreams

This, I pray, will never end
    the love that grows greener, stronger still.
    The love for beasts and birds alike,
    and strong, dark earth well-tilled.

Come ye and drink, have a lark.
    Take thee a golden pipe
    I'll play on the silver harp

Then sing to me a never-ended song.
    I'll be playin soft and high,
    You'll play skilled and strong.

We'll burn the oil, and never rest.
    Do nae lay down your trowels,
    To claim the land, four farthings, best
    Til not a wolf there howls.

This, I pray, will never end.
    A land that is peaceful, living, forever free.
    I'll sing you the song of a Hobbit's wish
    When my throat sings no more, prithee sing to me

Ghost

There is a being, walking long
    A form of lithe build and ghostly pallored
    Walking tall and built strong
    It's face is pinched, it's color sallowed

A frozen breath lies on the lips
    A stopped dream doth lay on the mind
    A broken sword lay at the hip
    Boned and fleshless joints do grind.

I have seen this form, of which I speak
    A form that chills the soul and stops the heart
    Admit I will, I caught only a peek
    But willingly did I proceed to play my part.

He turned away, eyeless, looking west
    T'was when I dared to take my flight
    He ran hardest, but I ran best
    That's how I beat the night.

Filament

A wire, a string
    So easily cut from the tapestry
    Not fire, but sin
    All whilst failing so happily

Raising the axe and keening the sword
    while brave and honest in you
    Might warrant penance, rather scorn
    In those not honorable too

So remember while casting judgement wild
    While manning the gavel and flail
    Where you intended things most vile
    Others sought good and did fail

I know, I know, It's far from professional. But, hey, I'm a journalism student not Van Gogh!
    Last edited by Aerwydd; Jun 08 2012 at 06:21 AM.

More Edstan:

Two Hobbits in love:

[center][font=triforce]"There is a man behind that shell of a myth, aye. But I cannot tell you much more about [url=http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/1316]Edstan.[/url] In fact...I do not think he can tell you much about himself either!"

- Alyssa, Woman of Rohan[/center][/font]

Wonderful artwork!! Here's a few of mine:

the last one isn't that great, Ari looks a bit odd, but, oh well. None of these are of my characters on Laurelin. I'll add some of them later on when I draw 'em.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002b165b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Wow! Such lovely artwork here. I caught this thread by absolute chance and it makes me very happy to see such wonderful creators all in one place!

Interestingly, I posted a topic (thread now abandoned/deleted) elsewhere yesterday to get a feel for how interested the community was in LoTR Fan Art. Sadly, at this time of posting, not one person responded. I was beginning to feel every single blogger and artist moved away to some other place.

Now I'm thinking of re-working my initial art plan but I have to ask you guys - where is the archive and/or how do you view all these lovely images in one spot? So far I've been linking to an old Fan Art wiki page, also in my sig. I was hoping there would be enough interest in reviving it, but maybe I'll link your archives if it is on lotro.com and allows cross-server folks to participate.

Anyways, I have a visiting toon on this server as well so I'd like to submit my artwork one day soon. If you'll allow me, that is!
    Last edited by Eirien; Jul 03 2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Removed link since thread is no longer active.
    Uninstalled this expac. Be back later?

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    *waves and smiles*

Hullo and welcome! I just got back but I will have a proper look at your thread and Art wiki page as soon as I can

Nothing better then a nice hobbit swim on a warm summer night
    Hello, Amorey!

Alas, I snipped the thread a few days ago as it was kind of a downer. I forgot to edit my earlier post here, sorry!

I'm hoping the wiki page will pick up again, but I've discovered there's so many artists spread over the servers that I wonder if it can't just be used to link to the other (server) forums/groups instead of individual artists like it is currently. I'm not much of a wiki-er (is that a word?) myself, in fact I'd be happy if someone else would adopt it, so any ideas would be welcome.

For me personally, I decided to start up my personal blog again and then post my best LoTR-related artwork here as well. If that isn't too bold, since I'm really only a visitor to Laurelin.

Thank you for replying, Amorey.^^

As for your hobbit image, is that watercolor? It's beautiful! I love the stars as well, can I ask, is that a post-scan/digital addition or maybe wax to stay the color?

Red face

Of course you can post here ...the more the merrier , like we always say in Overhill.

Be welcome !

As for my doodle...yes it is watercolour and yes the stars are a little digital addition, they are there on the original too but after scan I could barely see them so this is why they were added
    Amorey

That is a great saying from Overhill. Thank you, Amorey. I'll see about sharing some LoTR-related artwork soon.

I understand the scanning issues. I try to 'cheat' with my camera, but that doesn't do much better. I think you did great with the digital addition. If I can add...it makes them 'pop!' in a dreamy sort of way. :D

Cheers^^

A Simbelmynë Flower growing somewhere in Rohan. Sketched by my Characters' Great-great-grandson and Brother, respectively.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001a34b0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=https://twitter.com/NalyeAsMeldar]Twitter[/url] | [URL="http://sarathaela.deviantart.com/"]Deviant Art[/URL] | [URL="http://hammadiquendi.blogspot.ch/"]Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathaela View Post
    A Simbelmynë Flower growing somewhere in Rohan. Sketched by my Characters' Great-great-grandson and Brother, respectively.
    Sara, is that charcoal? You make it look quite fluid, I can even 'see' the colors coming out. It also reminds me of an old medieval window pane with an elvish twist.

--

So, I'm a bit nervous. This will be my first contribution to the thread. I have two images for you but thought I'd only show one (silly) and link the other(landscape). Let's hope I can figure out this html for forums...here goes!

'The Grumpy Troll' on AF 140lb paper, 5.5"x8.5" + cropped

I'm a concept artist and my strength is actually in dioramas/sculpture. I've just started dabbling in watercolor paints so I thought to give it a go with Tolkien Fan Art, too. Also very new to watercolor pencils (this week, in fact) so I've been playing about with colors and value. I find it challenging to go from light to dark as I am so used to doing either mid-range first (illustration) or shades (acrylics). But what fun!

The other image is of Rushock Bog in the Shire, which I'll link here for you guys. I hope to do bunch more Arda landscapes and filter in a few monsters here and there. Thank you for viewing.^^

(Edit; nope, won't let me shrink it down - keeps enlarging it on preview. That's a huge troll!)
    Last edited by Eirien; Aug 07 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Updated links

i like that one alot great piece of art he sure looks cranky thank you for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Eirien View Post
    Sara, is that charcoal? You make it look quite fluid, I can even 'see' the colors coming out. It also reminds me of an old medieval window pane with an elvish twist.
    Yes, that IS charcoal in fact! Charcoal sticks that have been broken to bits, that is. Thank you for the kind compliment, it's not often one compliments my woozy work.

I also love that troll painting of yours! I love the perspective of the image. The colours really compliment the troll's moody expression, and I also love how the perspective immediately draws attention to the troll's feet. The toes really emphasize the troll's figure and his grumpiness.

On a side note, bought me a set of new pencils, no more using dull HB pencils, yay! Hopefully I can churn out something proper using the pencils. ^^

EDIT: So I managed to get this out in a span of 2+ Hours. I know the hair was sloppily done, and I got lazy there.

"What are you going to do about it?" Carlotta glared at the Brigand with a perculiar blank, and wide-eyed stare that showed no emotion, "Tell me off?"
    Her carrot-red hair was freely waving in the wind, and without and obscured half her face, stray strands scattered here and there. The Brigand in question just stared at her, but then swore loudly before charging at her. He fell to the ground a few moments later, sword in chest. Carlotta simply looked at him with the same, blank-eyed stare, before she burst out into laughter.

So this is an excerpt from my RP character's stories. Carlotta is an Action Girl with a mentality that's been slowly deteriorating as a result of having lived a lonely and isolated existence in the forest for 3+ months. Whatever you do though, never try to lock her in a cage. You'll be sorry if you do.

Referenced from This.
    Last edited by Sarathaela; Jul 18 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Sara, I love the new drawing. I also spotted it on dA. Thank you the group invite (#OrderofMiddleEarth) as now I have another wonderful way to view and share Middle-Earth fan art.

Amorey...yay, hobbit hugs! Sweetrose is very pretty. I am so falling in love with watercolors it's crazy. My hubby just picked up 3 small tubes of the 'student' (is that what it's called?) stuff for me so I can try them out rather than the kindergarten paints I started with. So I'll be having a new go at experimenting. (I call it kindergarten 'cause they're often glued to the back of kids coloring books, hehe) I'll confess though, I love the 'gritty' look of basic paints. A child-like freedom to it, and watercolors themselves - where it's really okay to blend lines. In fact, it's encouraged!

Anywho! I wanted to mention to you guys if you haven't visited dA today (and have an account there) that it's their 12th Anniversary. They gave everyone one day free Premium Membership. I took the liberty of prettying up my journal and using the new sub-folder feature for Premiums to tidy up my Fan Art folders. This means the links I previously posted here are borked so I've come back to edit and let you guys know about the dA treat.

I don't have any LoTR fan art to add here this time around, but will you guys accept an image of another troll type? I created him a few years ago as a test doll for miniature clothing/props. Now he's old and worn so I've decided to retire him to a shelf. I hope you guys like him. He's only 5.5" so he's a really tiny troll!

Travelling Troll (linked 'cause I can't resize it smaller here and the image is HUGE -bigger than he is!)

Also, I've been gathering a list of ideas for Tolkien fan art sculptures like the one above, so if you have any suggestions for what you'd personally love to see please Note me privately. I'll consider everything Middle-Earth related, from any Age. Even the obscure stuffs.

Cheers, all^^

I didn't personally create this, as I am no artist. But it was made for me, so I thought I'd share it. There is actually a high res version where you can see the level of detailing that the artist (Anna Rigby) has put into the work, but it's a bit too big for the forums.

The image depicts Rinni stealing Guvadans clothes as he bathed in Starmere Lake. Needless to say, he was none-too impressed. But it must have worked out in the end, as they have been business partners ever since.

[center][B]Fyxe tells you,[/B][i] 'hahah! Darling it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me!'[/I][/center]
    [center][b]In-YOUR-endo[/b][/center]

Guvadan, that's quite a scene. I can almost hear them talking, or her chuckling at least. Lots of color and subtle movement, and I just love the water effect. Oh and that shooting star, too. Out of curiosity, can I ask if the artist plays LoTRO as well? The more, the merrier!

---

So, I'm posting again 'cause I felt kinda bad for not posting fan art last time. Well, I decided to do something about that! Last night I started on a watercolor piece and finished it this afternoon. I hope you all like it. It's of the Thorin's Hall Greenhouse, now one of my favorite gardens in game.

Also, does anyone know how to properly resize these images smaller? I can resize it in the window but when it posts it goes back to full size. Hmph.

wow!!!! the recent posts on this page with art, is excellent!!! quite different techniques and expressions. But all great in their ways!!
    quite proud there is so many talented people on Laurelin!! Well done!
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

I could not hold myself from doing it. A few nights ago we (friends and me) actually talked and jested about what would happen if we'd have a Predator on the loose in Middle-Earth. Needlessly to say, Gaomee would join him on the hunt! Haha!

I took first a screenshot, then began to draw over it in Photoshop, and to re-arrange the clothes, forming it into something what a female Predator might wear with the 'smear brush' tool. A tutorial helped me to have it become a charcoal picture.

In dedication to Istuir and Curugirion.
    Get to the chopper!
    "She is blind? Then she sees more than I ever will." Amlarad, the ranger

Red face

Wonderful !

Thank you kindly for sharing with us

Laurelin is such a wonderful creative place to be that inspires us to create some incredible stories, songs, poems and of course, art. I really think we should see this thread up here more often *cheers*
    Amorey

Wow D! You have really progressed since I saw your frist works

So great to see new art pieces from you.
    I really like this one of Ilaru!

And great thread!
    Arangilas Bloodrage - Founder and Grandmaster of the order of Knights Of Eriador.
    [url]http://knightsoferiador.shivtr.com/[/url]
    - I goth-e-goth nîn vellon nîn -

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast