We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Minyelaire View Post
    Hihi, looks very nice! I do like this one, Amlarad being carried on Daerundros' back.
    Heh. Although Daerundros is a little bulky around the shoulders, Amlarad is still a little heavy for her. Stumbled frequently, but made it safely out of danger. Now I wanna draw the scene where Amlarad gets Silver Arrows as a gift :3 But I'm thinking of only doing a hand shot, since I have no experience with the human anatomy in drawing, seriously. When I draw body parts they end up grotesquely inproportionate >.<
    Last edited by Sarathaela; Oct 19 2011 at 11:17 AM.

Can I just say amorey, I really do like your artwork, its whimsy and has a charm of its own, looking forward to more!

Graphite Sticks are my favorite art tools now..... <3 Need a lot of practice with the arms.

Sophia, or Miss Magpie as most know her, the other identity of my Barmaid Baranes.

Last edited by Sarathaela; Oct 25 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Thank you Amorey. Love that watercolour of Amorey... she's reminiscing something... I get this sleepy feeling looking at all the cold and grey shades

Red face Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathaela View Post
    Thank you Amorey. Love that watercolour of Amorey... she's reminiscing something... I get this sleepy feeling looking at all the cold and grey shades
    *hug*

To all the Art/Tolkien lovers on Laurelin , a fantastic new book is on pre-order called 'The Art of the Hobbit' , to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the publication of The Hobbit.

The book contain the full colour complete art collection of more than 100 Hobbit sketches, drawings, paintings and maps by Professor J.R.R. Tolkien himself . I just love his style

Here is a lovely article in The Guardian about the new book

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/gall...ures?fb=native

My hunter doing Burn Hot xD

Spend 5 min on this as you can see but i have to eat :P

A drawing from me, showing the Uttermost South of the World with the realm of the Kinn-Lai, Far-Harad, Mordor, Gondor and many other regions. Some of it I have been drawing as I understood the landscape to be from Tolkien's writings, but a lot of it has merged from my imagination and other maps for inspiration.

The realm Yaquir, dominion of the Kinn-Lai elves is the jungle that reaches from the bay that devides Yaquir's peninsula from Tormag, contains the cities Kinn-Sala, Sára, Kei Urdhasa, Tie'Iamma, Melathin and Meddohâr and goes forth to the Grey Hills, which mark the eastern borders of the land.
    The isles to the south-east however, Azôn, Cêvra, Llikh, Olyad and Mulvaynn are as well part of the realm of the elves.

Amorey, your story got me nearly crying ;(
    And your drawing is beautiful!

I have here maybe something cheerful. Just a few moments work and then I actually liked it and polished it up in Photoshop.
    That's inspired by some funny chat-talk, hehe!

Cthulhu: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"
    Belkhala: "I like you too!"

A map I made for one of the RP-events I've hosted, heavily inspired by Thrór's Map. Made by dwarves during the time of the War of the Dwarves and Orcs, the crossed swords indicates where some of the battles were fought (highly speculative from my part, of course).

Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

---

Presenting: Star Wars Minyelaírë!

Bwahaha that one is awesome! XD
    She looks so bullying with those brought shoulders. I guess she'd wield one of these double-sabers like Darth Maul! ^ ^

Well here's my picture of Belkhala, the princess of the Kinn-Lai in a cute Gothic-Attire

A Portrait of Daerundros ^.^

beautiful drawings and paintings as ever !

Finally done something I feel like showing off here for a change.

"Not often do Elves come out of the forest to chat leisurely with the Men living around it..."

Drawn and inked on paper, coloured in Photoshop. I'd like to have Painter and be able to use it, but I don't

Red face Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dittany View Post
    Pretty drawings! awh *surely is wondering if someone can draw her hobbit dittany playing on a lure or dancing*
    I shall!

Give a a bit of time, though.

This will be my gift to you for a wonderful 2012

This is still the loveliest thread on the forum, by the way ♥ ♥ ♥

Alright, alright, I know that this isn't what this thread was created for... but artists of Laurelin, I'm needing your help!

Some of you no doubt know of my aspirations to become a published author, most of you probably don't. The first of my many stories is almost ready for release and, talented as I am (/sarcasm), I really do not have the skill to create the cover art that I would like. So, if any of you is willing to undertake a commission, drop me an e-mail: DEHalligan@Gmail.com

Ta, thanks, cheers and happy bit-of-the-year-that-starts-being-next-year!

Quote Originally Posted by Aearandir View Post
    A big hello and thanks to all those posters on this thread. *And a big wave to all those from the thread's previous incarnation.*

It would be great to try and get this one a sticky!

Well here is some of my input. They are, for now, focussed around our Kin, but in time I hope to do more generic artwork of places and events.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7...l1680x1050.jpg
    Patrols along the routes between Imladris and Mithlond are a key part of what we do. Oftentimes this is done in secret, but a more open show of our presence is sometimes required.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/659...nlothilonn.jpg
    This was an illustration of an assault on some goblin camps, details of which can be found here; http://laurelinarchives.org/node/5397

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/978...ilonnathae.jpg
    Echad Rond is the location where we train our scouts. More details of which (for those interested) can be found here; http://laurelinarchives.org/node/5681

I hope you enjoy the images but a big reminder to everyone to respect the rights of all the posters in this thread and seek permission before using any words or images elsewhere!
    Awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Fleez View Post
    Hee,

Guess Picasso was not much of an artist ?
    Or Dali ?
    Or Miro ?
    Or Esher ?
    Or...

I love the different STYLES of the work Laurelin artists have presented here. They are all beautiful in their own special ways... I even include music and screen-shots (photography) in this beautiful mesh of creativity. I hope you all continue to create, because it would be a great loss if you did not...
    What dictates if you're an artist or not is not the "talent" (that doesn't exist) but class and upbringing. People you mention were nurtured from early childhood and often come from upper classes. It's not a problem is everything is provided you just slide down the mountain. Miguel Pinero was the real artist, though not in graphics industry, and similar people like him who defied all adversity. You can be one of them.

Van Gogh wasn't poor either like historians would have you believe - he had a brother.

I disagree however with saying "unless your 14". Everything here is worthwhile and nobody is to judge.
    Last edited by MusicalDwarf; Jan 04 2012 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    *hugs all the wonderful artists of Laurelin*

A small tribute to the creature called Gollum

Thief, thief is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    Thank you kindly for the encouraging words, I do like doodling me...always holding a crayon and a piece of parchment in me hands as you never know what you may come across while adventuring in Middle-heart ...like that time I met some Elves just outside Woodhall which accidentally is the same place where master Frodo and his friends also met some lovely Elves

"Yes, it is Elves," said Frodo. "One can meet them sometime in the Woody End. They do not live in the Shire, but they wander into it in Spring and Autumn"

~ J.R.R. Tolkien -The Fellowship of the Ring -Three is company
    In Bethlehem?

Jking.

Thumbs up Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithiel View Post
    Alright, alright, I know that this isn't what this thread was created for... but artists of Laurelin, I'm needing your help!

Some of you no doubt know of my aspirations to become a published author, most of you probably don't. The first of my many stories is almost ready for release and, talented as I am (/sarcasm), I really do not have the skill to create the cover art that I would like. So, if any of you is willing to undertake a commission, drop me an e-mail: DEHalligan@Gmail.com

Ta, thanks, cheers and happy bit-of-the-year-that-starts-being-next-year!

I wouldnt call myself an artist, I think only I would be impressed with anything I drew, but as this topic has shown countless times there are alot of people here with talent. Fingers crossed someone steps up to the plate for you, could be an interesting project for them!!

ah what the heck, might as well throw some stuff up as well

Wow! Sweet stuff there, Alendrion!

Totally LOTRO unrelated but I know that all of you who played this epic game know what this is!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WOW Alendrion!! I do love your dragons!!
    I tried to draw such creatures a couple of times myself but they always look like they have a car as snout! XD

So I decided to work more with Photoshop. This is a Screenshot together with a background I found at Google-Pictures under "Fantasy Setting".

Quote Originally Posted by Minyelaire View Post
    WOW Alendrion!! I do love your dragons!!
    I tried to draw such creatures a couple of times myself but they always look like they have a car as snout! XD

So I decided to work more with Photoshop. This is a Screenshot together with a background I found at Google-Pictures under "Fantasy Setting".

lol you took an existing image and a screenshot, merged them and applied a filter? :P Very artistic.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast