We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: The Laurelin Art Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Merilda View Post
    There is so much talent in this thread, I'm in awe!

I would love to be able to write, draw, paint and use graphic programs to such great effect.
    That is the most important part Merilda. It is often said and believed that you must have talent to do any of those things. That is false. We all have the potential to do anything within us. It comes down to what we choose to nurture.

The skills to draw and paint are like any other, they require practice and time to develop. Frustration at not achieving on paper/canvas/screen what you have in your mind's eye is natural and is often what spurs you on or makes you give up. This is as true for painting as it is for trying to do a 20mile Marathon. Each step along the way improves your ability. It is your choice to go on or give up that makes the difference. Just like Frodo and Sam.

I continue to be amazed by the sheer talent of you folks in this thread. If only I had such talent. Now... if only I could get one of you guys to draw my character. Hehe.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aearandir View Post
    That is the most important part Merilda. It is often said and believed that you must have talent to do any of those things. That is false. We all have the potential to do anything within us. It comes down to what we choose to nurture.

The skills to draw and paint are like any other, they require practice and time to develop. Frustration at not achieving on paper/canvas/screen what you have in your mind's eye is natural and is often what spurs you on or makes you give up. This is as true for painting as it is for trying to do a 20mile Marathon. Each step along the way improves your ability. It is your choice to go on or give up that makes the difference. Just like Frodo and Sam.
    Thank you for those encouraging words! Next time I have a try at drawing something, instead of getting frustrated at my feeble efforts I'll try and view it in a more positive light.

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    is it aquarell you use as painting method?
    No it is gimp i only paint with gimp and a wacom nowadays <3

Oh, and Merilda, there's no talent, at start, there is DESIRE then comes the work and then the talent, step by step. But first of all, desire. Art is emotion !
    So start !
    Last edited by Taogan; Jul 25 2011 at 11:56 AM.

Great stuff in here, it's wonderful seeing how the regulars have developed over the course of a year

Offie says hi

So many fine artists here on Laurelin! Beautiful work, all of you.
    ~Player of Celothor Orelion and Branfrith of Rohan~

lovely picture Ofelie. She is very sweet. Love the colors/details and I love how you are able to bring out personalities on the people around you, seems you put a lot of soul in your work.
    Keep up the good work
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

I love your work, Ofelie. I wish the characters ingame looked more like your work.

Keep it coming, everyone!
    Bregir

“That’s right proper!” As Ofelie would say, fantastic work!
    [color=yellow][b][EN-RP] Laurelin[/b]
    [size=1][b]Remis Locke:[/b] Level 65 Burglar
    [b]Drevorin:[/b] Level 65 Guardian
    [b]Traegain Lowesmore:[/b] Level 40 Champion[/color][/size]

Heh heh I remember seeing the lineart for this a while back Ofelie. She is looking great! I like the glint in her eyes.

Another super couple of images there Amorey!

Quote Originally Posted by Aearandir View Post
    Heh heh I remember seeing the lineart for this a while back Ofelie. She is looking great! I like the glint in her eyes.

Another super couple of images there Amorey!
    You haven't actually, this one was made from scratch without lineart on one quiet workday, but thank you

Oh really? I was sure I had seen a similar image on the old incarnation of the art thread...my mistake then. Still great though!

Quote Originally Posted by Merilda View Post
    There is so much talent in this thread, I'm in awe!

I would love to be able to write, draw, paint and use graphic programs to such great effect.
    I was the same as you Marilda, I used to see fabulous pieces of art all over the internet.
    Some people are visual artists, they create pictures that inspire the soul.

I can't, I have trouble drawing stick men. So a while back I wrote a poem about it.

This is for all of us who can't draw:

Me, I'm not an artist

Me, I'm not an artist,
    I can't paint in oils.
    The last time I tried acrylics,
    I broke out in spots and boils.
    Charcoal makes me wheezy,
    pencils cause a rash.
    No wonder artists are so poor
    and cannot make much cash.

Now words for me are different,
    I can twist and bend their form.
    They can be cold with anguish,
    with humour they are warm.
    With them I can replicate
    the beauty in the flowers,
    or how the seconds drag slowly past,
    when I have to wait for hours.

Me, I'm not an artist,
    I cannot paint a tree
    but, with a few well chosen words,
    you'll see the same as me.

Copyright © 2011 all rights reserved
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000144989/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

GAH! I feel extremely weird with this pic, but proud of it at the same time Don't look at the nose! :O

Ta da! Daerundros' eyes handpainted Anime style. The blush is the kinda "im-so-cute" thing you find with Chibi characters :P ^^

[center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001a34b0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=https://twitter.com/NalyeAsMeldar]Twitter[/url] | [URL="http://sarathaela.deviantart.com/"]Deviant Art[/URL] | [URL="http://hammadiquendi.blogspot.ch/"]Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves[/URL]
    Daerundros | Selarthil | Ruthoiel | Duinien[/center]

Ellnora, the Bree-land minx

Very nicely done Ofelie! You’ve almost outdone yourself this time.
    [color=yellow][b][EN-RP] Laurelin[/b]
    [size=1][b]Remis Locke:[/b] Level 65 Burglar
    [b]Drevorin:[/b] Level 65 Guardian
    [b]Traegain Lowesmore:[/b] Level 40 Champion[/color][/size]

Stunning work everyone!

Lovely, Ofelie! As always!

And same to all the others

Bregir

Very very impressive artwork here, but sadly all are Elves and Men! Perhaps one of you can draw some Dwarves? Id like to see what you can come up with.
    [CENTER][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkolivegreen][B]Thurban of the Blue Mountains[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkolivegreen][URL="http://durinsfolk.shivtr.com/"]Durins Folk[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Times New Roman][size=1][COLOR=#a0522d][I]"Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old we must away, ere break of day, to seek our pale enchanted gold."[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER][/size]

That is just amazing
    *wonder how she can bribe Amorey to paint a portrait*
    “May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit.

Wonderful line drawings and watercolours (I assume).
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Trulie Greenfinch[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#00ff00]Minstrel[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#daa520]Seaverse [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#ffd700]Laurelin
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#4b0082]Ailys Goldenacre[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]-[/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Seaverse[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I really love your watercolours, Amorey. Please keep them coming!
    [CENTER][SIZE="1"][B][URL="mailto:nimlith@eldariant.org"]Nimlith[/URL][/B] of Greenwood, Spirit-talker
    [I]Singer to trees and leader of the [color="#9ACD32"][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/en-rp-laurelin-general-discussion-727/413262-wilderness-appreciation-day-biweekly-event.html"]Wilderness Appreciation Events[/URL][/color][/I]
    [B][color="#9ACD32"][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/713"]Linna Na Gelaidh[/URL][/color][/B]
    [B]~Dartha min calar a elen : darthar min dúath a calad~[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Nimlith View Post
    I really love your watercolours, Amorey. Please keep them coming!
    I second that
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Great job Amorey! Very good drawings and vivid colours! Keep up!

Lovely work!
    Bregir

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast