We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: [EVENT] Hûd in Eledhrim (Hall of Fire Wednesday) Elf themed event

Ill try to attend.

Yes! it's
    Hall of Fire Wednesday!!!

hope to see your elves later in the Hall of Fire!!!
    we start at about:

19:00 PM British Standard Time
    20:00 PM Central European Time
    22:00 PM Moscow time
    13:00 PM Alabama time
    10:00 AM Alaska time

I bet you have been checking the timezones!

I enjoyed this afternoon's event in the Hall of Fire. (I'm in California, USA.) It seemed like an Elven version of Landroval's Ales & Tales.

Thank you very much for your warm welcome, Isilmewen. It was also nice to see a couple of familiar faces, Harperiel and Makalaure.

I had a very warm welcome and found the Hall of Fire full of elves (and a couple of adventurous hobbits)! It was a very refreshing change of pace. Of course, being the party planner that I am, (see my forum name now!) I had to organize a few group dance sets before playing a little ditty myself.

I really appreciate the welcome and help I've received on Laurelin. Thanks to Achazia and the Shadows for musical mentoring and a port to Rivendell. Thanks to Isilmewen and many elves whose names I cannot spell who invited me into their fellowship and made me feel quite welcome. No thanks go to the restaurant I camped out in with my netbook. The music was too loud to hear! I had to reconvene in the parking lot to play a bit of freestyle.

--Harperella

[edit]
    P.S. Nice to see Makalaure, Fionnuala, and Curulinde at the hall. The music was really exquisite and perfectly suited to the location.
    Last edited by Harperelle; Jun 15 2011 at 11:55 PM.
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Thank you for a wonderful Hall of Fire Wednesday, I plan on returning every week if I can. Like Curulinde I am on the West coast of the US but a bit further north in Oregon. and your event starts at noon for me. Over these last two weeks I have met many very helpful people and I give my sincere thanks to each and every one who made my transition a peaceful one.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

Had a wonderful time including one contentious elf who only relinquished her weapon after much persuading. Luckily this had no effect on the quality of the music or dancing going on and a good time was had by everyone I spoke to. Such a shame you can only post four pics. Will put more on my blog.

Dancing and music at HoF

A perian sings a song

Dancing in sync

Dancing and mingling at HoF

More here:
    http://my.lotro.com/user-1330770/hof-15-06-2011/
    Last edited by Duissane; Jun 16 2011 at 06:33 AM.

Thank you all for coming. What a pleasent atmosphere!! Amazing to realize there were people from the Philippines to Oregon *dances around*

Lovely pictures, Duissane.

Quote Originally Posted by Glingaeron View Post
    Wear weapons, you aren't welcomed. That's the gist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duissane View Post
    Had a wonderful time despite one contentious elf who only relinquished her weapon after much persuading.
    I understand that the reason we should not have our weapons equipped is to promote a friendly, casual atmosphere where we feel safe and protected from the evils of the world. Most of us understand that, and are happy to abide by this policy.

However, should this policy be enforced with browbeating and hard words? Please pardon my saying so, but to me this sort of behavior does more to spoil the joyfulness of the gathering than a spear worn upon the back.

I suggest that the leaders of the gathering gently encourage participants to put away their weapons via /tell, so there is less embarrassment, rather than to call them out in public. If the weapon-wielder declines to oblige, then I think that it would be best to let the matter rest.

Perhaps in time the weapon-wielder will feel more comfortable in his/her surroundings and be willing to lay aside their arms. Peer pressure tacitly applied from the fact that very few, if any, have their weapons equipped may also be a device of persuasion.

(All of a sudden the wedding scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail comes to mind: "Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. This is supposed to be a happy occasion!" )

Oh, I found the rp created by this particular scene quite entertaining, but if it happened -every- week that people are so adamant in bearing weapons, then it would become a chore. I quite agree tells may be more appropriate if several people are going to get involved. But I think the elf in question herself had fun rping the whole scene and it made for something different.

Have edited post so it says including
    Last edited by Duissane; Jun 16 2011 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymaru View Post
    Thank you all for coming. What a pleasent atmosphere!! Amazing to realize there were people from the Philippines to Oregon *dances around*
    I had a lovely time last night! Too bad I had to leave early because...well, it was too late...erm...already early morning for me. For sure, I'll be attending in future engagements!

~Mori

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    I understand that the reason we should not have our weapons equipped is to promote a friendly, casual atmosphere where we feel safe and protected from the evils of the world. Most of us understand that, and are happy to abide by this policy.
    Not only that, but the HoF is a place of peace and rest - weapons of warfare, that take life, aren't tools of peace and disturb the tranquility.

However, should this policy be enforced with browbeating and hard words? Please pardon my saying so, but to me this sort of behavior does more to spoil the joyfulness of the gathering than a spear worn upon the back.
    For what reason would any have to wear weapons in the Hall? The reason above, and also because the Vale is protected by Elves at every known entrance completely remove the need to.

I suggest that the leaders of the gathering gently encourage participants to put away their weapons via /tell, so there is less embarrassment, rather than to call them out in public. If the weapon-wielder declines to oblige, then I think that it would be best to let the matter rest.
    We do encourage this form, but if a person openly refuses to; then what is there to stop somebody else, with a valid in-character concern, from voicing it?

All of my own characters would feel greatly offended if a person did not remove a weapon; indeed - they have done so, in the past.

Perhaps in time the weapon-wielder will feel more comfortable in his/her surroundings and be willing to lay aside their arms. Peer pressure tacitly applied from the fact that very few, if any, have their weapons equipped may also be a device of persuasion.
    While I don't speak for Cymaru, or the HoF Event itself, it was one of the founding principles that the event be weaponless. If players cannot respect the in-character values, then they should at least respect the out-of-character values.

---

However, I have strayed from the topic!

Alas, I could not attend - I am afraid I got caught up in the editing of 'Gûr Edhellen' that I lost track of time, until it was 2AM GMT!

But I shall hope to attend soon. Mithon will be in Imladris for the time being; I may well RP him at times, around the vale.
    Last edited by Glingaeron; Jun 16 2011 at 04:52 AM.

Woo, that was a fun event \o/

I really enjoyed it too, despite the big crowd.

Let's not make a big issue out of the weapon thing? See you all next week!

Red face Re: [EVENT] Hûd in Eledhrim (Hall of Fire Wednesday) Elf themed event

A Story About a Tiny Dwarf by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

Lady Silaen telling a lovely story about a tiny dwarf...couse 'small is beautiful' (said the hobbit)

I can see...ELVES! by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

A nice evening...good thing I remembered to bring pie

Dear ladies and lords elves of The Last Homely House,

Thank you kindly for an other luvely evening. You were all kind and I even saw one of two giggles at some of my jokes and funny accent , which was really nice. I was very pleased to introduce Master Bilbo Baggins to some of you that never met him before...I know he does not talk much but he is getting old and spends most of his time writing and snoozing off on a chair by Lord Elrond's fireplace. Well, got to go now....the fields do not farm themselves, you know...but thanks again..ooh and was lovely to meet all those ellufs from far far away lands.

*gets her hat and runs to the fields*
    Last edited by Amorey; Jun 16 2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: *blush* I told you I talk funny...excuse my accent, I am from Overhill

Quote Originally Posted by Silaen View Post
    I really enjoyed it too, despite the big crowd.
    That was big? It seemed quite small to me compared to some of the Ales & Tales gatherings I've seen. If past events are any gauge, Weatherstock on Saturday will be HUGE!

Glingaeron, I completely understand the desire for no weapons. However, I have learned from real-life experience that the more you try to coerce someone the more obstinate they become. The person may not particularly object to a request, but if they feel they are being controlled, manipulated, or ordered about they may not comply simply out of principle. Furthermore, making a big fuss is disruptive, and discourteous to the performers. What's more important, enjoying a fun-filled event or enforcing your will? That's all I have to say on the subject.

That was big? It seemed quite small to me compared to some of the Ales & Tales gatherings I've seen. If past events are any gauge, Weatherstock on Saturday will be HUGE!
    We've had much bigger gatherings in the past. But you must also remember, Imladris isn't (in character) known, nor immediately available, to all folk. I cannot rightly remember the largest amount, but the lag was incredible on my end.

Glingaeron, I completely understand the desire for no weapons. However, I have learned from real-life experience that the more you try to coerce someone the more obstinate they become. The person may not particularly object to a request, but if they feel they are being controlled, manipulated, or ordered about they may not comply simply out of principle. Furthermore, making a big fuss is disruptive, and discourteous to the performers. What's more important, enjoying a fun-filled event or enforcing your will? That's all I have to say on the subject.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - there is a clear gap between forcing people to adhere to personal wishes, and keeping to the event's rules.

Middle-earth, is not 'real life' my friend. We all know that, and we all know the argument pertaining to real-world feelings in-game. This is Middle-earth, with Middle-earth values.

But yes, enough of that matter. I await to see more screenshots! Amorey, prithee upload more!

When the dispute dragged on, Amorey and Primmrose (the 'two adventurous hobbits') both left. I can't speak for Amorey, but Primmrose (IC) took the view that an elven 'family' squabble was not the place for her ...

However, I mainly feel sympathy for the poor elf whose story-telling was so disrupted by the quarrel. I feel that, regardless of whether or not it was 'good role-playing', the incident displayed a regrettable lack of common courtesy to the performer. I have been role-playing a performing bard for years, and I am pretty hardened to the adverse reactions one gets from time to time, but at the end of the day if one doesn't feel one's efforts to entertain are appreciated in a given venue, one goes away and finds somewhere else to perform. I won't speak for Primmrose, but if the performer driven away is like Amorey, who is one of the best bards in the Shire, then that is your loss .....

I feel responsible for this.

First of all, I must apologize for the Elf's behaviour (especially to the honorable Lady Silaen). The person behind this Elf is a really really nice person, however, she chooses to RP in this way. This is because she (and I included) feel that we would like to RP something different for once. We have been RPing the prospects of friendship between Avari and Eldar for a few days now.

I am sorry for the distruption caused by the Elf's distruption. The Elf in question is, a quite free and wild Elf, and does not regard protocolls and rules very high. This is why she did not remove her weapons (but she later did! :O) and had a heated argument with Lady Silaen.

Once again, I apologize if this behaviour has upset any of us gathered during the time.

Daerundros

What's more important, enjoying a fun-filled event or enforcing your will? That's all I have to say on the subject.
    The thing is, from my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, this event isn't "about" entertainment and fun the way Ales and Tales and other Landroval events are. This event is about Elven RP and the music and dancing is more like the icing on the cake than the cake its self. Therefore anything that promotes Elven RP, even if it is a bit confrontational, is probably a good thing.

Honestly, if I had been there on a different character I probably would have gotten involved because it was an interesting dispute. Kwelene, my Avari Champion, would have dived right in. Indomelya, however, is much more of a pacifist and dislikes such things. Oh how I wish it was possible to just copy all my characters over to this server!

And honestly, was that necessary? This statement just seemed to me to be a passive agressive way of saying, "Nyah, nyah. We have bigger events than you!"

I thought the gathering was perfectly lovely. I don't think I'd want it to be much bigger. I wouldn't be able to keep up! Besides, in depth RP has a harder time thriving in a huge crowd. Intimate gatherings foster more interaction.

I had much fun. Alas, I was called away suddenly and wasn't able to stay very long. One of these weeks I'll be able to enjoy it uninterrupted!
    Last edited by Fionnuala; Jun 16 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    The thing is, from my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, this event is "about" entertainment and fun the way Ales and Tales and other Landroval events are. This event is about Elven RP and the music and dancing is more like the icing on the cake than the cake its self. Therefore anything that promotes Elven RP, even if it is a bit confrontational, is probably a good thing.
    Indeed, your understanding is (as I see it) spot on.

And honestly, was that necessary? This statement just seemed to me to be a passive agressive way of saying, "Nyah, nyah. We have bigger events than you!"
    Quality over quantity has long been the say of several Laurelin oldies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarathaela View Post
    I feel responsible for this.

First of all, I must apologize for the Elf's behaviour (especially to the honorable Lady Silaen). The person behind this Elf is a really really nice person, however, she chooses to RP in this way. This is because she (and I included) feel that we would like to RP something different for once. We have been RPing the prospects of friendship between Avari and Eldar for a few days now.

I am sorry for the distruption caused by the Elf's distruption. The Elf in question is, a quite free and wild Elf, and does not regard protocolls and rules very high. This is why she did not remove her weapons (but she later did! :O) and had a heated argument with Lady Silaen.

Once again, I apologize if this behaviour has upset any of us gathered during the time.

Daerundros
    I do NOT take offence to roleplaying action, it was good rp, even if not all appreciated how it went on, arguments happen in real life too.. even in merry places. As for the elf in question we have rp'd before so dont worry. Those who took OOC offence to it might have to reconsider what rp stands for.. its all pretend.

Indeed, your understanding is (as I see it) spot on.
    I meant "isn't" about entertainment. Am I still spot on?

Quality over quantity has long been the say of several Laurelin oldies.
    That's my motto as well.
    [URL="https://sarahmccabemythopoet.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#b22222]Falling Toward Mythopoesis[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] My personal blog.

[URL="https://lotromusic.wordpress.com/"][COLOR=#008080]LOTRO Music[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#ffd700]~[/COLOR] ABCs, guides and resources for the compleat LOTRO musician.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnuala View Post
    I meant "isn't" about entertainment. Am I still spot on?
    Hmm, well - t'is a gathering where the Elves convene, talk, dance, eat and drink.

I enjoyed the time i spent at the event last night so thanks to those i managed to RP with.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast