We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 27 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Re: Freeps and Creeps of Snowbourn

Great fights tonight at west norbogs, good TA/cows (thanks to whatever group equanor was riding with) we matched almost even on numbers, think i counted 9 of you (not sure about burgs) and there were about 8-9 of us. Really enjoyed it as it was a change from the huge raid fights and it was pretty much stand there and fight battles

Thumbs up to all that were involved, you made it very enjoyable

To hedvig..

1. I think like someone said above, making other parts of the map more active would be good, maybe giving inf/renoun boosts or other buffs to the faction that holds ID/LC etc...
    2. Making HH and Grothum more involved, they're just kind of "there" at the moment.
    3. I think a good feature would be for the npc's on the map to be less static. Maybe orc/elf patrols around the area in which a keep is held (if TR is held by freeps possibly putting patroling coldfell hunters throughout EC woods).
    4. Defensive equipment at keeps (not just oil and arrows), having ballistas like in the MW skirmish along Vol2 would be good, something you could trigger to dispurst the enemy.
    5. "The outpost to the south has fallen to The Delving of Fror" - really? programming something to actually attack the OP would be good (much like the Warg at Lug and Goldie at TR) - and if they can do that why not make it so DoF can attack keeps and hold them like the OP's.

.... Just a few ideas

OH!! + lightsabers and wookies!! - Good call Slug :P
    Freeps:
    -The Ancient Ones-
    Mahoney - Runekeeper lvl 65
    Diamordus - Guardian lvl 65
    Gnomes - Burg lvl 62

Creeps:
    -The Angmar Inquisition-
    Gnomepunter - Reaver Rank 6
    Gnomearrow - Blackarrow Rank 5
    Cwnannwn - Warg Rank 5

No raids should be able to form inside ettens, fellowships and small group renown/infamy should be slightly increase. They could revamp keeps and map points so there is actually places for melee classes to shine, like tunnels, maze like areas etc, where there is limited range for range classes. Would be nice to see more melee fights in ettens.

And for ranged classes if they still want the pew pew that we have most evenings, then revamp the map point with some areas that have advantages for ranged classes, open areas, above level vantage points etc.

With this, if the melee classes/ranged classes stepped into the different areas, then they can have some sort of a challenge there, or they can go enjoy fights that there class is good at. Also give melee classes more infamy/renown gained when they enter a ranged area, because they more likely to die, and the other way around with ranged classes going into melee territory. Gives them more choice over which areas they want to go to, and it will make the map a little more active.

If it was implemented, take away warg and burg stealth, but give them a little more mittigations etc, due to not being able to escape like they do. I dont want them to be overpowered at all, but the stealth on the classes are there best attribute. Wargs can be nuked down easily if they are not in stealth, ive seen that. So yeah more morale/defences, but ofc do not neglect the other classes so it seems overpowered to them.

Also give wardens invincibility buff that lasts forever (ok this is a joke but still.... )'

When one side is outnumbered, dont just give that side some defensive buffs, give them more offence too, so they can still fight and have a chance to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgrin View Post
    Might be me wrong, but you seem to misunderstood question I think. What we as players could do to make pvp better or change it? It is still sandbox pvp and players make pvp, no matter how hard devs would try, players can still **** it up.

One of problems is lack of respect for other side on both sides. All that hate towards other side is just killing fun, I know its pvp and you have to kill other side, but sometimes its just stupid how people play. It should be about having fun, not just owning/farming other side.
    It pains me to say it and means I am almost certainly wrong (not the first time), but i agree with Fel. Players make the environment (tick), lack of respect (tick), etc.

I dont think a new map would spawn a new brave era of PvP you would just have Pew Pew on a differnt textured skin. You have melee friendly areas now (DoF, Keeps, woods) and range friendly areas (open field, hills etc). I dont think anything new would change that. My concept of this game is a few well equipped "heroes" holding out against the superior numbers of inferior creatures, using the flexibility of their skillset to adapt to different environments (dps tank or mini, lone hunter /assasin etc). This asymetric challange is the life blood of LOTRO and unfortunately not suited to 1vs1 formalised willy waving. (Respect to Eth-alikes and more to Killerpaw and Ullwag and Muz who succeed against the model in the middle of the battle). In no way should a creep be the equal to a freep, they are inferior species and long may it stay so.

A glimpse of light from Enelos is nice to see, is that one less warg in the gank train?(Only 15 left to go). Maybe that would lead to one less burglar (sorry they only come in pairs or more but you know what i mean) ganking map points..... This is the only way change will happen, but entrenched opinion and the "they do it why shouldn't I" excuse to easy mode might well stand in the way, I hope it doesn't. Basically I dont think the map needs to change (although it wouldn't hurt) it is the players.
    Last edited by FingersUK; Jul 25 2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Phineous Rank 12 (Drunken) Hunter "Death to All Fanatics"
    And a Champ and a Guard and a BA and a Warg and a Reaver and er.... thats it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000006e300/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I actually agree with Invis, nice post m8 :-D

But there needs to be some way of stopping the pew pew and of course always meeting head on at the same places. For example we always fight at STAB usually, or outside OC, the rest of the map is more or less unused as it stands.

There needs to some mechanic, or hidden game design which stops the action always being at the same places, lets face it i bet a alot see the action at STAB and think not this #### again, so log out, i know i do.

I agree the map needs a rethink, tactical positions need to be designed in a better manner, and with a decent number of NPCs on both sides who actually make it interesting if pulled, but also cannot be used as a place to just sit and pew pew all day long.

It a hard design to build and trying to please the majority will also be hard.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

A new map... that would be something

To be honest we have world broadcasts about the delving of fror recapturing outposts, why not make special relic that only appear like a few times per day or something, they will have a random spawn place so it will take the action elsewhere, (gonna sound gay but bare with me), in mirkwood you have the capture the banners and hold them for a certain amount of time. Maybe have 2/3 time per day have 1 of these randomly spawn and the eventual capturer of t he relic/item get a boost to that side for a few hour until the next repawn, maybe like an extra 10% infamy/renown gain. It gives both sides something to work together for and it will make the map area more used hopefully.

Or maybe boss mobs that appear (700k morale +) and creep/freeps fight it out and try to kill the boss at the same time, whoever gets the kb, will earn items for that respective side to all players in the immediate area. Say stones/brooches for freeps and Stones/large amount of pots for the creeps, it saves the creeps having to enter DoF every now and then for pot farming when they could be pvp'ing. And will save the grind that is the ettens armour set on freep side.

None of this will be implemented anyway, but i feel it is a good idea, for all pvp'ers overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibilius View Post
    Or maybe boss mobs that appear (700k morale +) and creep/freeps fight it out and try to kill the boss at the same time, whoever gets the kb, will earn items for that respective side to all players in the immediate area. Say stones/brooches for freeps and Stones/large amount of pots for the creeps, it saves the creeps having to enter DoF every now and then for pot farming when they could be pvp'ing. And will save the grind that is the ettens armour set on freep side.
    That KB on the boss would have to give atleast some inf/renoun otherwise i can see the freeps/ creeps tunring on eachother pretty quickly... other than that is a good idea
    Freeps:
    -The Ancient Ones-
    Gnomes - Burg lvl 62

Creeps:
    -The Angmar Inquisition-
    Cwnannwn - Warg Rank 5

how about having it drop a chest where there is items for everyone who loots it, pots, money, stones etc needed for pvp items/traits. Lootable by everyone (freeps and creeps) and not just those in raids - not sure how possible it is but similar ones exist in instances right now?

I agree that a new zone wouldnt change anything, there is a big map but most people only use a small percentage of it, a reason to visit more of the map is needed imo.
    Arachas (Rank 8 Healer and giver of no infamy) - Arathas (Rank 7, Psycho Champ)
    Arachus (Rank 5, Useless Captain) - Jinx (Rank 7, Thief of killing blows)

Skaar (Rank 8 Warg)

A new map should have no NPCs aligned to either faction... How about a huge forest with very closely packed trees for avoiding LOS to mitigate ranged damage as suggested above and also lots of dips/caves for ambushes. There could be a few Capture the Flag type areas that affect infamy if you hold them.

The current map is a "safe" pvp map in as much as there are camps where you are can hide in the safety of NPCs. A map without aligned NPCs is one where you would go knowing nowhere offers anywhere for you to hug or hide.

A map without choke points would rely on there being enough people online. Maybe random magic mushrooms could spawn that allow for enhanced enemy tracking to appear on the minimap for a short time with an accompanied miss debuff.
    [FONT=Tahoma][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]

Did you miss me? Yeah, I thought so.

I'M BACK!!!

Last edited by Dorothir; Jul 25 2011 at 08:29 PM.

For my money, the quickest and easiest thing they could do to improve the moors is to add renown/inf bonuses for attacking and defending keeps. Say, attackers get 500 renown/inf each when they take a keep and they are alive. Defenders get 750 renown when the attackers are successfully pushed back.

To make this work and avoid raids simply farming keeps and going in circles taking/retaking keeps, you'd need early warnings that a keep was under attack to give time for the defenders to get there, perhaps also add a minimum time to take a keep? Keep fights are where I have 99% of my enjoyable fights in this game but they dont happen often enough. Too many times I log in to my freep, head to the moors and find a creep raid is up and is just farming the few freeps still there, or the opposite is true and there are loads of freeps farming TA lawn but dont actually push into TA. Gets boring real quick, I'd rather push into the keeps, hell, I'd even rather have creep raid take TR as I always get some nice small scale skirmishes on the slopes of GV on a red map!
    [CENTER][I]Formerly Jennifern, Rank 7 Captain and Raid Leader of Divine Retribution on Snowbourn[/I]
    -
    Currently awaiting the next best thing!
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifern View Post
    For my money, the quickest and easiest thing they could do to improve the moors is to add renown/inf bonuses for attacking and defending keeps. Say, attackers get 500 renown/inf each when they take a keep and they are alive. Defenders get 750 renown when the attackers are successfully pushed back.

To make this work and avoid raids simply farming keeps and going in circles taking/retaking keeps, you'd need early warnings that a keep was under attack to give time for the defenders to get there, perhaps also add a minimum time to take a keep? Keep fights are where I have 99% of my enjoyable fights in this game but they dont happen often enough. Too many times I log in to my freep, head to the moors and find a creep raid is up and is just farming the few freeps still there, or the opposite is true and there are loads of freeps farming TA lawn but dont actually push into TA. Gets boring real quick, I'd rather push into the keeps, hell, I'd even rather have creep raid take TR as I always get some nice small scale skirmishes on the slopes of GV on a red map!
    Some small problems with that idea.

First, having to have attackers alive to gain the ren/inf will just result in more people playing like cowards and not wanting to run into fights, only targetting lone enemies.

Second, even with a warning system for defenders to get there, what would be the point when you could just lose that keep and take it back again for easier ren/inf? Freeps would take TR, stand back and let creeps take it, creeps would stand back and let freeps take it and it just keeps happening. A cooldown will just result in going to different keeps to repeat the farming process. With that idea there'd be no need to fight each other. You'd get 25 kills worth of ren/inf in a raid just be taking a keep.

Best to keep the ren/inf boosts to who holds the keeps, not to who takes them. So +100% ren/inf for holding all keeps. Won't stop those that log either side to keep farm but it will make having keeps more useful.

Also, you could include a system which counts the amount of freeps and creeps in a certain area. It would then scale the ren/inf you gain from the kills.

For example, a freep raid of about 15 is running around and encounters a couple of creeps. The renown they'd receive for killing those creeps would be around 13% (lower number/higher number*100) of what you would have normally got had you also been a two man group. Raids usually give around 15 ren/inf so having a raid kill them will result in a mere 2 ren/inf per kill.

This also works the other way. Say a duo manages to fight off 4 enemies. They'd get a bonus of 200% to their kills, giving a total of 100 ren/inf per kill (working from the idea that a normal duo kill would be 50).

Seems like an easy way to try to spread freeps and creeps out and cut down on the zerging. In fact, it promotes fighting more numbers than yourself. I'll leave the fightclubbers to work out what this would mean to their precious 1v1 everytime they try to police it.
    Last edited by Dorothir; Jul 26 2011 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    Best to keep the ren/inf boosts to who holds the keeps, not to who takes them. So +100% ren/inf for holding all keeps. Won't stop those that log either side to keep farm but it will make having keeps more useful.
    Best Idea put forward
    Freeps:
    -The Ancient Ones-
    Gnomes - Burg lvl 62

Creeps:
    -The Angmar Inquisition-
    Cwnannwn - Warg Rank 5

Teaching master is back.
    Let's hope he will pay back in kind for what the hordes were screaming for before!

Ho ho ho
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Some decent raid fights tonight. Shame the server here sucks so much, but it was still a lot of fun.

It's allways fun to see how creep raids play. When freep raid whiped at Poor TA everyone in the freep raid stayed and fight to the end. But when the creep raid whiped at TR fields half of the creep raid run back to stab. Easymode zergers ftw.
    [COLOR=#3366cc][B]Mcyer[/B][/COLOR] - Rank 15 Hunter | [COLOR=#3366cc][B]Florombo[/B][/COLOR] - Rank 7 Burglar | [COLOR=#3366cc][B]Roccat[/B][/COLOR] - Rank 8 Reaver |
    Keepers Of Lost Tales
    [COLOR=#3366cc][B][EU][/B][/COLOR] Snowbourn

Quote Originally Posted by Mcyer-EU View Post
    Some decent raid fights tonight. Shame the server here sucks so much, but it was still a lot of fun.

It's allways fun to see how creep raids play. When freep raid whiped at Poor TA everyone in the freep raid stayed and fight to the end. But when the creep raid whiped at TR fields half of the creep raid run back to stab. Easymode zergers ftw.
    Because you could run to where from poor TA exactly? Also... how is it a wipe if half the raid is still alive. Come on Mc, must do better
    [FONT=Tahoma][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggard View Post
    Because you could run to where from poor TA exactly? Also... how is it a wipe if half the raid is still alive.
    Correct! It isn't a "wipe" just a chicken move and the usual "I don't want to feed the other side" attitude.
    [b]Nine Worlds[/b]
    Energie MNS R13 - Battlemaster (MIA)
    Internet WVR R8
    [size=1][b]Snowbourn[/b][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Mcyer-EU View Post
    It's allways fun to see how creep raids play. When freep raid whiped at Poor TA everyone in the freep raid stayed and fight to the end. But when the creep raid whiped at TR fields half of the creep raid run back to stab.
    Bravely bold Creepy rode forth from TA
    He was not afraid to die, O brave Creepy
    He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways
    Brave, brave, brave, brave Creepy
    He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp
    Or to have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken
    To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away
    And all his limbs hacked and mangled, brave Creepy
    His head smashed in and his heart cut out
    And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
    And his nostrils ##### and his bottom burnt off and his #####...
    He is brave Creepy,
    Brave Creepy who...
    To fight and...
    Brave Creepy ran away
    Bravely, ran away...away...
    When danger reared its ugly head
    He bravely turned his tail and fled
    Yes, brave Creepy turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out
    Bravely talking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat
    Bravest of the brave, Creepy

Krul*** leading maybe?
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

This is how freeps buff list looked last night
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000087d88/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Doloreth View Post

This is how freeps buff list looked last night
    good that dots have longer duration then 95% of this buffs...
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000128545/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [SIZE="1"]lm/chimp/mns/rk/cap/burg/grd[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]The Legendarium[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibilius View Post

They could revamp keeps and map points so there is actually places for melee classes to shine, like tunnels, maze like areas etc, where there is limited range for range classes. Would be nice to see more melee fights in ettens.

Totally agree with that, its no surprise to me that quickest class to rank is boring hunter/ba, just stand at the back and pew all the day long.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921c0100000a94ae/signature.png]Axrat[/charsig]

tbh spiders/runekeepers/minstrels rank faster than hunters/ba's its just most hunters/ba's have no lives and actualy play more hours.
    Last edited by Eowene; Jul 27 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowene View Post
    tbh spiders/runekeepers/minstrels rank faster than hunters/ba's its just most hunters/ba's have no lives and actualy play more hours.
    All of which use ranged attacks :P

I see a pattern here xD

Thnx to Hej last night for a nice duel (even though you LET me get close to winning) if was depressing to see you at 400hp and that i hadnt put any dots on you before i died

Ill have to lvl to 65 and give it another go
    Freeps:
    -The Ancient Ones-
    Gnomes - Burg lvl 62

Creeps:
    -The Angmar Inquisition-
    Cwnannwn - Warg Rank 5

Actually Minstrels and RKs rank fastest on freep side and are easiest to rank, burglars should be pretty close too. Reaver, Warg and Weaver can make more infamy than BA, depending on action ofc, but BA is only good at pew-pew and sometimes pew-pew is not really that good.

About creeps running, I remember some creep raid leader claming that, that freeps only play for raiting and they dont get anything from ranking, strange, why run and try to deny renown, if they dont get anything from it and creeps dont care about rating?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Axrat View Post
    Totally agree with that, its no surprise to me that quickest class to rank is boring hunter/ba, just stand at the back and pew all the day long.
    warg can rank faster than any ba. you know you get atleast 100 inf per kill if you are roaming alone. but obv you cant get that much infamy in tribe group.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadosi View Post
    good that dots have longer duration then 95% of this buffs...
    and good that ba(fire)/wvr(poison) dots can be curable.

Quote Originally Posted by Energie_EU View Post
    Correct! It isn't a "wipe" just a chicken move and the usual "I don't want to feed the other side" attitude.
    fall back to nearest station doesnt mean that creeps are cowards. its tactical movement, you can fall back to stab and wait for reinforcement from gy.
    The Black Pact
    Battalgazinintorunu R11 BA
    Nine Worlds
    Nimueh LM

Page 27 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast