We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Up and at it, hobbits! 's Friday, a time for feasting and merriment. And no place better to visit than the Green Dragon, where Barmy throws his doors open 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual. Welcome, hobbits!

Please note: Green Dragon Friday is a roleplaying event for hobbits. While travelling dwarves are always welcome at the inn, for lore reasons we generally ask that the Big Folk do not attend. Please roll up a hobbit instead to attend, it is grand fun!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

The Green Dragon is open again as usual tonight! Because, it is Friday after all! 7:30PM UK onwards (2:30PM servertime) for ca 2 hours, give or take. Welcome hobbits!

If yer have news, gossip, entertainment (songs, poetry, stories) or similar, please contact the hobbit trying to herd and host the evening. Preferably through /tells, since mysterious emotes tend to drown out in the crowd.

Please note: Green Dragon Friday is a roleplaying event for hobbits. While travelling dwarves are always welcome at the inn, for lore reasons we generally ask that the Big Folk do not attend. Please roll up a hobbit instead to attend, it is grand fun!

‘s the evening to be merry! Because it is Friday, and as yer know, hobbits feast and have a good time at the end of a long week of labour. And there’s been somewhere between 40 to 50 meals since last Friday evening too, so why not go to the inn for an ale to wash it all down?

Doors open at 7:30PM UK as usual. Welcome hobbits! For hobbits claiming to live across a huge hunk of water, them might arrive at 3:30PM servertime instead (due to the DST difference between UK and US this weekend).

Please note: Green Dragon Friday is a roleplaying event for hobbits. While travelling dwarves are always welcome at the inn, for lore reasons we generally ask that the Big Folk do not attend. Please roll up a hobbit character instead to attend, it is grand fun!

's Friday again, and that can only mean that it is time for a tankard or five at the Green Dragon! Whether it is ale, cider or milk in them tankards is up to you.

Doors open at 7:30PM UK as usual (2:30PM servertime). Welcome hobbits! Bring gossip and news from the Shire! Oh, and poetry, songs and stories too.

Friday = Green Dragon Friday! The doors open as usual at 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime), and the dancing, drinking and gossiping usually winds down a couple hours later. Welcome hobbits!

Entertainers are welcome as usual, but remember: There is usually no lack of music, so if there is little time, we'll prioritize poetry, stories, riddles or similar interactive entertaining. If you plan to play music, please try avoid loading up tons of alts to play yer latest masterpiece. It looks creepy when you try to interact with characters who don't respond...

Up and at it, hobbits! 's Friday, a time for feasting and merriment. And no place better to visit than the Green Dragon, where Barmy throws his doors open 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual. Welcome, hobbits! Bring news and gossip from the Shire, entertainment and yer good selves.

's Friday again! And what is better than spending the night at the inn? That's right, nothing, so do stop by for a drink, some gossiping and some entertainment. And all the latest news before yule. Welcome hobbits! Doors open 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual.

Please note: Green Dragon Friday is a roleplaying event for hobbits. While travelling dwarves are always welcome at the inn, for lore reasons we ask that the Big Folk do not attend. Please roll up a hobbit instead to attend, it is grand fun.

The Green Dragon is again open for hobbit customers this Friday, from 7:30PM UK onwards! (2:30PM servertime). Related to this, we have received the following message from miss Almi:

"Miss Pycella’s Pie Shop will launch a new Yuletide pie on December 8th. The new pie will be revealed at the Green Dragon Friday in Bywater. As the esteemed cook of the pie shop, I, Miss Almi, will host the evening and reveal the new pie at the end of the evening at the Bywater Pool banks. The launch will happen around 9:15 ((PM, UK time)). So, if you come in Nimelia or Apri time and find an empty inn, go outside and you’ll find us at the banks, near the bridge and fishing spot!

Unfortunately, Miss Pycella won’t be able to attend the important event herself. She seems to be a bit suspicious about it. “I haven’t seen any new pies nor pie recipes at our shop lately! There is somet fishy about this! Why are you organizing this at the banks?” Well, she has never trusted me, her former nanny that much, so don’t you listen to her. I have done my best to keep the Yuletide pie a secret, and it seems that I have been very successful at that! Rest assured that we nannies always have your best interests at heart!

See you at the Green Dragon Friday on December 8th, starting at seven and half bells!"

Warm Yuletide regards,
    Miss Almi
    Senior Pie Cook
    Miss Pycella’s Pie Shop, 5 Chalk Road, Songburrow

PS. The little bird told me that Master Bonkadoc will have a special turnip juice ceremony during the same evening. Many things to look forward to! "

Welcome to the Green Dragon, hobbits!

It is nearing yule, and them hobbits are likely busy preparing for that. Them got to have an ale or five at the end of the week, though! So this Friday will be Green and Dragony as usual! Hobbits all around are welcome from 7:30PM UK onwards (2:30PM servertime) for the latest news and gossip, drinking and entertainment!

Also note that next Friday, the 22nd, we'll have the Green Dragon yule party!

While we fully expect that many hobbits may be busy preparing for yule with family and close friends this Friday, other might need an ale to calm down before the festive storm. Yer are heartily welcome to the Green Dragon yule party tonight! 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual, hobbits!

Here is what is planned:

• Mulled cider! Barmy will be keeping the kettle on all night, so yer can help yerselves to soothing spicy mullied cider.
    • The yule pork feast! A festive day calls for a festive meal, and few things are as festive as pork (unless yer have a live one living in yer study or somet...). Barmy will be cooking up a pork-based meal, served all night.
    • Yule stories and poems
    • Yule songs
    • Perhaps a yule riddle or two?
    • All the latest hobbit news, of both yule and beyond!
    • Good-natured banter and gossiping with your hobbit friends, old and new!

So do come for a mug of mulled cider, good company, a story, a dance and tender pork with all the trimmings. If yer have entertainment and news to share, that's grand too! Welcome to the Green Dragon in Bywater, hobbits! And a very merry yule to everyone!

It is Green Dragon Friday! But in Brockenborings! And with a new years theme! Yay!

Date: Friday December 29
    Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
    Location: Plough and Stars inn, Brockenborings, Laurelin server

Barmy keeps the Green Dragon closed to clean up the Green Dragon after yule, so this Friday we’ll be at the Plough and Stars in Brockenboring for the new years party. And there are no better hobbits to greet the new year with than yer fellow Brockenborians!

So come greet the new year and the coming brighter days with us! Bring a tale, a song, a poem, a riddle or something similar, especially things related to the new year. If yer have fireworks that’s grand too (fer use outside)! Let’s greet the new year with a party worth remembering.

OOC details:

Same as the regular Green Dragon Friday, this is a hobbit RP event, with dwarves welcome! As usual, we request that tall folks respect the hobbit-oriented nature of the event and not attend. Do roll up a hobbit instead, though, it is marvellous fun!

We're back at the Green Dragon tonight, after a brief new years visit in Brockenborings last week. Come celebrate the new year with a mug of ale or three! 7:30PM UK onwards (2:30PM servertime) for ca 2 hours, give or take. Welcome hobbits! And if yer a new hobbit in the Shire, don't be shy, just come on over and introduce yerself.

If yer have news, gossip, entertainment (songs, poetry, stories) or similar, please contact the hobbit trying to herd and host the evening. Preferably through /tells, since mysterious emotes tend to drown out in the crowd.

The Green Dragon is open again as usual tonight! Because, after all, it is Friday! 7:30PM UK onwards (2:30PM servertime) for ca 2 hours, give or take. Welcome hobbits!

If yer have news, gossip, entertainment (songs, poetry, stories) or similar to share, please contact the hobbit trying to herd and host the evening. Preferably through /tells, since mysterious emotes tend to drown out in the crowd.

Lazy Fridays make for grand nights at the inn. So hobbits all over are welcome at the Green Dragon for the weekly hobbit inn night.

The doors open as usual at 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime), and the dancing, drinking and gossiping usually winds down a couple hours later. Welcome hobbits!

Entertainers are welcome as usual, but remember: There is usually no lack of music, so if there is little time, we'll prioritize poetry, stories, riddles, news from the Shire or similar interactive entertaining. If you plan to play music, please try avoid loading up tons of alts to play yer latest masterpiece. It looks creepy when you try to interact with characters who don't respond...

Also note: Friday February 2 will be Riddle Night at the Green Dragon, more information here:
    http://www.lostmathom.org/threads/ri...february.2765/

On 2nd February, we will have a special night at the Green Dragon: a riddle-themed evening! Does it have any riddles in it’s pocketses, precioussss? Then it should bring them to the Green Dragon and let the others make guesses!

Date: Friday February 2
    Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)

Miss Pycella will host this evening. She has also prepared a special riddle game for everyone at the inn. And there might be some pielicious awards for the winners and participants. Just bring your riddle hat and prepare yourself for some fun!

This will be a usual Green Dragon evening, where hobbits and travelling dwarves are welcome. If you want to bring riddles to the event, please make sure that these fit in the world of LOTRO, as this is a roleplaying event. We will focus on riddles, but music, songs, stories, poems and other entertainment is welcome too, as usual.

Snow and rain, cold and darkness, days too short... the winter is still here.
    What better time to bring some warmth and look forward to spring?
    None! So welcome to the Green Dragon Pre-spring party!

Date: Friday February 9
    Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime), typically lasting ca 2 hours

To raise the spring spirits of the local hobbits, Barmy has decided to throw an early spring party at the Green Dragon. Come in yer best spring clothes, bring spring-themed entertainment and enjoy the warm pre-spring mulled cider! Welcome hobbits and dwarves!

OOC:
    As always, Green Dragon Friday is an in-character roleplaying event aiming to replicate a lively hobbit night at the inn. We try to enable a healthy lively hobbit roleplayer community here on Laurelin. To help us do this, please try follow these guidelines:

• While dwarves are welcome at the inn, we ask that taller characters (elves and menfolk) do not attend the event (however, if yer have quests to do at the inn, by all means come inside to finish them)
    • Be in-character - be a hobbit! Keep player interactions (chats, emotes) and entertainment in-character, basically by talking about the things that hobbits in Middle-Earth would. Do not discuss real-life modern-day things, game mechanics, etc. Avoid using forced emotes, setting off fireworks inside, bringing pets that wouldn't belong in an inn, throwing 3000 snowballs, etc.
    • Be active and engage with the others. It is better to participate than to just stand around waiting for others to entertain you.
    • Avoid multi-boxing with lots of alts. Yes, we know that you love to pull off that fat sound of a many-musician band. However, when the room is full of similarly-clad robots marching in line (if they move at all), who don't respond when you talk to them, things get rather creepy and the immersion we look for is often ruined.
    • Entertainers are very welcome! Just sign up with the hobbit hosting the event, preferably by a /tell. Note that we absolutely love solo bards/performers - a lone lute-player is often better suited for the inn setting than a huge band. Also note that we absolutely love other kinds of entertainment than music: Poems, stories, riddles, the latest news from the Shire... lovely!
    • Gossip and news is very welcome! This helps bring life to the event and the roleplaying in the Shire. Just remember to keep things in-character. Related to events: We generally don't advertise events held on other servers, events not of hobbit interest, events not held in the Shire or events not of a roleplaying character.

Lastly, while the above may sound like a long list of rules, don't worry too much! Them hobbits are a friendly and tolerant lot, eager to welcome new visitors to the inn. See yer there!

Welcome to the pre-spring party tonight, hobbits! 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual!

We are back in Bywater tonight, for a regular Green Dragon Friday! 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual. Expect drinking, dancing, gossip and the latest of hobbit news. If you have some entertainment to offer, please don't be shy, just contact the hobbit trying to move things along. Welcome hobbits!

's Friday again, and that can only mean that it is time for a tankard or five at the Green Dragon! Whether it is ale, cider or milk in them tankards is up to you.

Doors open at 7:30PM UK as usual (2:30PM servertime). Welcome hobbits! Bring gossip and news from the Shire! Oh, and poetry, songs and stories too.

Up and at it, hobbits! 's Friday, a time for feasting and merriment. And no place better to visit than the Green Dragon, where Barmy throws his doors open 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual. Welcome, hobbits! Bring news and gossip from the Shire, entertainment and yer good selves. Come to chat, gossip, dance, drink and have a good time!

‘s the evening to be merry! Because it is Friday, and as yer know, hobbits feast and have a good time at the end of a long week of labour. And there’s been somewhere between 40 to 50 meals since last Friday evening too, so why not go to the inn for an ale to wash it all down?

Doors open at 7:30PM UK as usual, and Anerra will be hosting tonight. Welcome hobbits!

PS: Hobbits claiming to live across a huge hunk of water might arrive at 3:30PM servertime instead (due to the DST difference between UK and US this weekend).

Please note: Green Dragon Friday is a roleplaying event for hobbits. While travelling dwarves are always welcome at the inn, for lore reasons we generally ask that the Big Folk do not attend. Please roll up a hobbit character instead to attend, it is grand fun!

Friday = Green Dragon Friday! The doors open as usual at 7:30PM UK (3:30PM servertime due to the US Daylight Saving Time), and the dancing, drinking and gossiping usually winds down a couple hours later. Welcome hobbits!

Entertainers are welcome as usual, but remember: There is usually no lack of music, so if there is little time, we'll prioritize poetry, stories, riddles or similar interactive entertaining. If you plan to play music, please try avoid loading up tons of alts to play yer latest masterpiece. It looks creepy when you try to interact with characters who don't respond...

Lazy Fridays make for grand nights at the inn. So hobbits all over are welcome at the Green Dragon for the weekly hobbit inn night.

Tonight, Pycella will be hosting, so yer all in very good and pie-scented hands. There are rumours that a birthday may be celebrated too!

The doors open as usual at 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime), and the dancing, drinking and gossiping usually winds down a couple hours later. Welcome hobbits!

Entertainers are welcome as usual, but remember: There is usually no lack of music, so if there is little time, we'll prioritize poetry, stories, riddles, news from the Shire or similar interactive entertaining. If you plan to play music, please try avoid loading up tons of alts to play yer latest masterpiece. It looks creepy when you try to interact with characters who don't respond...

It has been a long winter, but the first signs of spring are here. Well in time for the end of the spring festival too. What better way to celebrate than to come to the Green Dragon for the weekly hobbit inn night? That's right, none!

It is Friday the 13th! Brr... Although, I am sure nothing bad will happen. After all, it is Friday, where you'll be grand and happy at the inn! Right?

So, us hobbits are back in Bywater tonight, for a regular Green Dragon Friday! 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime) as usual. Expect drinking, dancing, gossip and the latest of hobbit news. If you have some entertainment to offer, please don't be shy, just contact the hobbit trying to move things along. Welcome hobbits!

Also note: The 10th Anniversary of Green Dragon Friday is coming up!

May 4th, we'll host the GDF 10th anniversary roof party! Aye, we'll dance the night away on the roof!
    May 11th, we'll host the GDF 10th anniversary main party!

If you have GDF-themed entertainment (songs, poems, rhymes, tales, etc.) yer would offer for any of the nights, please be in touch as soon as possible. Happy 10th!

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast