We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

[EVENT] Green Dragon Friday - Hobbit RP event

Every Friday in the Shire is Green Dragon Friday!

Date: Every Friday
    Time: 7:30PM UK time (usually 2:30PM servertime)

Weekly hobbit gathering at the Green Dragon inn in Bywater, running ever since May 2008. This is an event for and by hobbits, although a few visiting traveling dwarves are always welcome. It is also a 100% in-character event, so don’t go talking about things not belonging in Middle Earth! Come along for songs, dances, poetry, tales, riddles, news and much grand roleplaying! And do offer yer own entertainment, if yer like!

Sometimes, we’ll run “Lone Bard Fridays”, where we only allow solo or duo performances. This is to limit the impact of big bands at the Dragon, and allow newcomer performers a chance to show their skills.

At other times over the year, GDF will move to other inns in the Shire. The new years party is usually held at the Plough and Stars in Brockenborings, while we always escape Bywater when the mayor hosts the Farmer’s faire in the late summer.

Please note the guidelines for the event:

1) Participate! Although there are usually hosts present to move things along, this event is only monitored by persons, not run. Nobody is there to entertain you all night long. Be active and interact with the others. Don’t bring lots of dual-boxing alts who just stand there staring at each other, it is somewhat creepy. Bring your own input! Its jolly important that this never ends up being a one-hobbit show.

2) Prepare! Try to bring a riddle, a poem, a song, a short rhyme, a lecture, some juicy gossip or the likes. Let the host know that you’d like to entertain or bring something to the hobbits attention, preferably early in the night. If you don’t use it, or if it is not time to use it (sometimes its just not possible to squeeze everything into one night), there’s always next week!

3) Live the Shire! This event follows the lore in that it tries to be a lively hobbit night at the inn. Keep chat in-character and avoid forced emotes, fireworks, apple throwing/snowballs, etc. Don’t discuss events or happenings on other servers or outside of hobbit interest, we’re aiming to strengthen hobbit roleplaying in the Shire on Laurelin. Also, please try to keep entertainment (songs, stories, rhymes, poems and so on) in tune with the game world, suitable for hobbits living in the Shire. With regard to .abc music, try to steer away from well-known pop/rock songs and the latest top 10 chart contents. Less Lady Gaga! More folk music! Reels, jigs, waltzes, hornpipes and the likes are always popular and will soon have the hobbits dancing!

4) Play a hobbit (or dwarf)! This is a hobbit event. If men and elves wishes to attend this night, please roll a hobbit or ‘travelin’ dwarf. The Shire, although blessed with the ‘odd’ outsider, was not the ‘in’ place to be seen if you were a man-folk or (especially) an elf. We’d like to try keep the event as lore-appropriate as possible, based on the Middle Earth you’ll find in the books. Try out the hobbit RP for size instead, you know you want to! You will find you get MORE RP this way!

5) Enjoy yourself! Green Dragon Friday reserves the right to be as flexible, as quiet, as busy, as chaotic, as peaceful, as jubilant as it just happens to be on the night. Few things are planned, most just happen. The whole point is for you lot to meet each others’ characters, chat about whatever you’ve been up to IC’ly, have a good laugh with friends. It’s the people that make the night. If you’re the first to arrive, don’t run off! More will follow, they always do!

Questions about the event? Contact Lina, Grand Order of the Lost Mathom.

As you attend Green Dragon Friday, send your warm thoughts to the first people enjoying the event back in May 2008. Not least the creator, Mae Skeffington, who fought hard to set it up and make it last over the years. That was a mighty fine initiative!

Last edited by Linawillow; Mar 16 2017 at 01:34 PM.
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Red face Re: [EVENT] Green Dragon Friday

*waves at Lina*

Looking forward to welcome you all at the Green Dragon Inn every Friday

Green Dragon Friday by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Re: [EVENT] Green Dragon Friday

I do hope Barmy has changed that rug. It wasn't in good shape during the last party. Also I wonder if he's still mad at me for letting that firework off inside...

But anyway, please do come and join us at GDF, it's a great place to meet new friends as well as catching up with old ones. Bringing a riddle is always a good idea, I hate riddles myself, can never figure them out.

Hope to see some new faces on friday!
    [center]Jiro
    Hobbit Guardian
    Laurelin
    [url=http://www.lostmathom.org/index.php]Grand Order Of The Lost Mathom[/url][/center]

It's a grand old night!

Plenty to join in with, even if it's just a spot of dancing and a dollop of Hobbity RP.

Come join the fun

Alt of Bootsy Frogfurlong - The Songburrow Strollers - Laurelin

A few images for the very recent celebrations we held to celebrate 3 years of Green Dragon Friday

GDF Anniversary Concert (finale) by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

Home Sweet Home by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr

Green Dragon Friday 3rd Anniversary by Once Upon A Hobbit, on Flickr
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Over the vast ocean blue!
    What to expect? Not a clue!
    It's not been long, not for me, nor for you!
    We'll soon return to Hobbiton-Bywater... Phew!

I must confess, to my rhyming stupor!
    I'm no good, I know! I could be better!
    But bare with me now, for not much longer.
    Just one more thing to say, before my Supper

Welcome old friends, to lands-over-yonder!
    Do not be afraid, lie still, see the wonder!
    Things, they have changed,
    yet still, the settings the same
    In just a short while
    We'll be back to our games!

Here's to the next Green Dragon Friday!

Greetings, Laurelin, from Twirrim (People of the Shire)

I would suggest creating a Green Dragon Friday lorebook entry for permanent storage of information. The devs have stopped pinning player created threads in the last year. Its easy to do, simply go here:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Green_dragon_fridays

I've left a stub for you to edit.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Question

I was priveleged to participate last week even though I hadn't read this post or any others, but heard about it in the Pony. Hence I brought a woman along. I thoroughly enjoyed it and intend to be ther next week (RL stuff forces me to stay away this week). I now have a hobbit who is trying his best to level up (so he has his own surname). Claralyn will stay in the Pony but Gennetta and Garretd will be there and if allowed will play a reel or jig.

Garretd would love to sing: he has such a cute voice but my typing is not fast enough to put his wry Hobbit parody lyrics into the window. Is there a quick way of doing this, do you know? I've done some searching but come up with nothing. Cut and paste is so slow!

Thank you, and see you very soon.

Hullo there! Grand yer enjoyed it!

Most singers in-game use a plugin called Lyrical. That will store yer song lyrics/poems/stories, and yer can send new lines into the game by a click of the mouse in sync with yer song.

Yer can get Lyrical here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...5-Lyrical.html

Friday! Hobbits, meet at the Green Dragon in Bywater. The doors open 8PM UK time (3PM servertime). Welcome to a night of songs, dancing, drinking, news and merriment!

Them last few days, the local hobbits have relaxed a bit after the surge of events at the start of the new year. Today, though, we just might have news of some upcoming parties! So come and listen to the gossip!

Please note:
    Green Dragon Friday is an event for and by hobbits.
    - Travelling dwarves are welcome (but we surely love it if yer come as a hobbit)
    - We ask men and elves to stay away from the event (although by all means come in to do any quests yer may have in the inn).

This is not because we're mean and hate tall fellows. It is simply because we try to create a somewhat lore-relevant hobbit inn night every Friday (as we have for close to six years now). Men were a rare sight in the Shire inns, and most local hobbits in Bywater had never laid eyes upon an elf.

Should yer want to join the event, please roll up a hobbit instead - it is marvellous fun!

Friday again! Yay! Which means that the hobbit inn night is on as usual at the Green Dragon in Bywater. The doors open 8PM UK time (3PM servertime).

So, here's to a night of songs, dancing, drinking, news and merriment! Oh, and certainly all the news about the Southfarthing Gate Concert on Sunday. Welcome hobbits!

Please note:
    - Travelling dwarves are welcome (but we surely love it if yer come as a hobbit)
    - We ask men and elves to stay away from the event (although by all means come in to do any quests yer may have in the inn).

This is not because we're mean and hate tall fellows. It is simply because we try to create a somewhat lore-relevant hobbit inn night every Friday (as we have for close to six years now). Men were a rare sight in the Shire inns, and most local hobbits in Bywater had never laid eyes upon an elf.

Should yer want to join the event, please roll up a hobbit instead - it is marvellous fun!

Happy pie day, everyhobbit! Celebrate with a pie! Oh, and of course with a visit to the Green Dragon later today! The doors open at 8PM UK (4PM servertime due to the US being on Daylight Savings Time) as usual.

Songs, dancing, riddles, poems, drinking, news and whatever else we can think of! Welcome hobbits!

Please note: