We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 78 of 150 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3750
    Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    That's how pvp should be Erlo, unfortunately some your fellow raidleaders (I prefer to call them ez-mode farmers) name their game 'more efficient' . The way you discribe is seen on better pvp servers (like Brandywine) but unfortunately Eldar is home and we have to cope with the ez-moders who aren't interested in pvp.
    This is how it was before i stopped at lvl 65...

Sure there are changes made To the game since Then.

But a big BUT. In My eyes as an old raidleader its not only turbine that made changes. The people playing changed alot as well.

Turbine gave us the world we play in today. Its up To us To do something good With it!

Rodnats wise words.

"Look To what you do yourself To improve gameplay on our server before you pay attention To and complain about what everyone Else does To not improve the gameplay"!

Killing the DoF bosses for the buffs takes a few minutes every six hours and aside from the tedium it doesn't affect the actual fighting. Other than being a stick with which to beat raid leaders (on both sides) who (not unreasonably) consider +100% renown to be worth 15 minutes of PvE, I don't get why such a big deal is being made of it.

I'd rather DoF wasn't there at all and I don't understand the thinking behind giving the bosses such potent renown/infamy buffs. However, there are far worse issues in Ettenmoors, most obviously the OP buffs, which make a significant difference to the actual fighting and can be a serious impediment to the action.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    Other than being a stick with which to beat raid leaders (on both sides) who (not unreasonably) consider +100% renown to be worth 15 minutes of PvE, I don't get why such a big deal is being made of it.
    Let's think about that shall we - +100% renown bonus practically all the time over a period of time will give you greater income for renown, which in turn, means you are able to rank up faster than the opposing side which means, in turn, you become even more powerfull then you are now

If inf/ren bonus was spread evenly, then boths sides would rank up fairly equally and not feel they are fighting for absolutely no gain. Trust me when I say I see the types of infamy you get from a riad v raid fight and one side has 0%. We are talking s.h.i.t.e. return for so much effort when you know the other side is raking it in.

I'd rather DoF wasn't there at all and I don't understand the thinking behind giving the bosses such potent renown/infamy buffs. However, there are far worse issues in Ettenmoors, most obviously the OP buffs, which make a significant difference to the actual fighting and can be a serious impediment to the action.
    DOf buffs was a complete and utter shambolic idea, has created yet more PvE in a map that needs more PvMP. Brick up that area and I'll even help to do it

The OP buffs should work in reverse as well - the more OP's a side has the less help you get and the more help the opposing side gets. 2-2 means zero buffs for each side and 3-1 means the lesser OP side has the greater buff. It shouldnt be like it is now but yet again TurS.h.i.t.e. fails
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    Let's think about that shall we - +100% renown bonus practically all the time over a period of time will give you greater income for renown, which in turn, means you are able to rank up faster than the opposing side which means, in turn, you become even more powerfull then you are now
    Indeed. Which means that a raid leader on either side who ignores the DoF buffs is doing the opposition a favour.

We'd all rather they didn't exist. But while they do, it is silly to lambast raid leaders who make a point of spending 15 minutes getting the DoF buffs before a night's fighting.

There is also nothing to stop creep raids/groups taking the buffs too - many do so. Six can easily kill the Drake or Tree. Do that before around 6pm UK time and you'll have the buffs all night.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Kill the Drake or Tree. Do that before around 6pm UK time and you'll have the buffs all night.
    I may be mistaken but I thought that after an hour they respawn and the other side could then take back those buffs? If I am correct, then the fight becomes a DoF fight which is no good for anyone
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    I always find amusing when i see freeps who complain about a presumed freep opness, especially when it comes from the same freeps who, in the MONTHS prior to u11, the most unbalanced period in lotro history ever (in favor of creeps),
    DDDDDD It stopped bad freeps from facerolling and best freeps to carry on farming creeps daily, so that was not you xDDDD btw nice raids you where leading then btw....

oh wait xD
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34E4z-xOOUA]High Chieftain Nufnuff[/url]
    DE Vanyar

Do that before around 6pm UK time and you'll have the buffs all night.
    I actually think this is the main problem on Eldar. The evening action always start 1-2 hours earlier on Freepside. I usually log on around 19:00 CET, which would be 6pm UK time, and creep side is completely dead. There's a few creeps out questing or looking for freeps, and some AFKers in Grams.

I can illustrate by describing the events of yesterday. Times are not 100% accurate, but close enough

(CET summertime)
    19:00 - The Mighty Reaver Trabant (yay, that's me) logs on. Few creeps seen. Map almost completely blue and several solo/small group freeps are bouncing between Lug and Grams
    19:30 - A 12-man creep raid is created to retake Lug and give us a GY, as a result, the Freeps in between Grams and Lug is killed
    19:50 - Lug is turned red, and creep group is disbanded
    20:10 - Freep raid is up, flipping keeps and killing any soloers in their way. Newly logged on creeps wonder if there's a craid up. There isn't
    20:30 - Creep raid is created. While gathering people, and having people relogging to different classes Freeps takes keeps and DoF buffs. (I myself relogged to WL)
    21:00 - Creep raid moves out and we get a few fights
    21:30 - 57 Freeps tracked at one point, craid is having a hard time keeping the raid full. Craid disbanded
    22:00 - The Defeated and Humiliated Reaver Trabant goes to bed

This is what I've seen so many nights now. When Creeps finally have the numbers and organisation to fight back, everything is already blue and DoF buffs belong to freeps. There's not enough creeps online earlier to actually take the DoF buffs, atleast not enough creeps that have any interest to do any PvE. And going down to DoF to take buffs when there's a freep raid up is suicide. And the more time that passes, means more and more freeps in etten, while creep population stays the same...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

I agree and disagree with you Tarmas.

sure it doesnt take to long to go to DOF and get some buffs.

But one to many nights when i have logged on the map is blue part ex. LUG. Freeps got a newly created raid and we are being told Sharn or someone else has made a raid. We are on our toes for some action.

What happens? Oh we dont have DOF buffs. We charge in to dof to take tree, drake and middle boss. This is done while creeps have a raid and awaits us somewhere to fight. It take 30-45 min to get all freeps in to dof. Kill tree, wat for drake and have an attempt on middle boss. ( Always someone that gets kicked in to lava, resets so need more then 1 try). Or we get info that creeps are somewhere so we all map GV and wait for the slackers and ride out.

To often i can sit in a raid and have seen Creep raid 2 times in 2 hours. We get one open battle clash at old EC or old OC or Y-roads.

Freeps buffed to our teeth and enjoy the epic 1-2 dead freep fights...

Then what? Craid disbanns.

And this is night after night after night.

And what happens on Freep side the few nights we got our asses handed to us? 1 Wipe and the qq starts in raid. They are to many, they farm us.. Some people leave ettens, some swap side to join the farming....

Its NOT the game its the ez-mode mentality of us players that ruins it.

What people tend to forget is that it is killing the opposite side that gives you the renown/infamy.( sure u get some from quests) Not the buffs u collect! They are there to give you MORE renown, but if there is nothing to kill you will get less anyway!

Thruth in a nutshell, however the difference in OP'ness plays a big part also.

Tarm, DoF buffs are 6 hours when untouched, its open for the take after 1 hour, effectively meaning we would be fighting in DoF all the time.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post

What people tend to forget is that it is killing the opposite side that gives you the renown/infamy.( sure u get some from quests) Not the buffs u collect! They are there to give you MORE renown, but if there is nothing to kill you will get less anyway!
    Exactly what most people from both sides are trying to get over to the ones always grabbing all the buffs, all the OP's, and all the keeps. Unfortunately, easymoders will always rule and win in the end but end up with little to fight against

Keeping it even for everything will actually mean longer fights, more fun, much better renown/infamy for all in the end.

Having it all one colour or other actaully makes people want to log off, flip to other side or even move servers like many are doing. Resulting in less renown/infamy in the long run.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    [/CENTER]

So basically the same creeps who camped us for almost 6 months at gv with raid, full map red, all dof buffs, 1 min r15 brand, 1 min store brand, several immunity potions, insane dps and also usually all the ops, now come here to complain and ask us not to take a buff for us? Are you really serious when you say that or you think we are all brainless kiddos in freep side? Is the warg writing here the same warg who was mapping to kill freeps taking 1 op in those days? Is the defiler writing here the same defiler who was all the time grouped in front of gv and now he disapperead from evening fights because he can't stand a defeat? How can you call ME easy moder? You are those who i call "the widows of the brand", players that right after the wind changed moved to freep side or stopped playing in creep side and now come in forums to complain about, you deserve no respect or mercy but, despite of all that, i still keep to have fair fights more than you think, always disbanding when there's no cr anymore and trying to keep ops balanced as much as possible, which doesn't mean always 2-2 but means that if creep side needs more i let them have more and if freep side needs more i try to get more, but don't worry, one day soon i'll keep raid camping grams with all ops so you will see the difference and, finally, you will blame me for a real reason.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    What happens? Oh we dont have DOF buffs. We charge in to dof to take tree, drake and middle boss. This is done while creeps have a raid and awaits us somewhere to fight. It take 30-45 min to get all freeps in to dof. Kill tree, wat for drake and have an attempt on middle boss. ( Always someone that gets kicked in to lava, resets so need more then 1 try). Or we get info that creeps are somewhere so we all map GV and wait for the slackers and ride out.
    This is hyperbole dude . I've never spent 35-40mins in DoF ever, let alone when there was a creep raid to fight. 90% of the time I've been in a raid that goes into DoF we slam in, kill Drake or Tree and leave - 5 mins tops. We often spend more time than that riding around trying to second-guess where the creep raid is. I've also never seen Gaergoth reset and I've never fought him while there is a creep raid out there - it takes too long.

I do agree with you about the whining when creeps win a fight. It's both hilarious and sad. The counting (on both sides) has always been comical. We used to joke that when Elgorian tracked for creeps, he included NPCs. Nowadays tracks on both sides seem to include every living thing in Middle-Earth. If I could reach into my screen and throttle some people for the endless whining and exaggeration, I'd gladly do so. My recent favourite was the Hunter claiming he'd died "seven or eight times" in one fight. It was twice. The outrage! Creeps killed him twice! The dirty lamers!

As a forrmer kin-leader of mine once said, "sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield". Spending a night or two as the bug is good for the soul. It will be balanced out by time as a windshield soon enough.

So basically the same creeps who camped us for almost 6 months at gv with raid, full map red, all dof buffs, 1 min r15 brand, 1 min store brand, several immunity potions, insane dps and also usually all the ops, now come here to complain and ask us not to take a buff for us? Are you really serious when you say that or you think we are all brainless kiddos in freep side? Is the warg writing here the same warg who was mapping to kill freeps taking 1 op in those days? Is the defiler writing here the same defiler who was all the time grouped in front of gv and now he disapperead from evening fights because he can't stand a defeat? How can you call ME easy moder? You are those who i call "the widows of the brand", players that right after the wind changed moved to freep side or stopped playing in creep side and now come in forums to complain about, you deserve no respect or mercy but, despite of all that, i still keep to have fair fights more than you think, always disbanding when there's no cr anymore and trying to keep ops balanced as much as possible, which doesn't mean always 2-2 but means that if creep side needs more i let them have more and if freep side needs more i try to get more, but don't worry, one day soon i'll keep raid camping grams with all ops so you will see the difference and, finally, you will blame me for a real reason.
    It seams that i am only one that agrees with Odo's posts..
    [url=http://www.last.fm/user/Shirkaster] [img]http://chaoticlogic.net/currentlyplaying/shirkaster&textcolor=FF0011&fontsize=20.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Shirkaster View Post
    It seams that i am only one that agrees with Odo's posts..
    Actually he has a good point with that particular one.

Odo is a few days or weeks away from rank. It always seems that the higher in rank a player gets and the closer they get to the top tier, the more abuse they get. The #### dished out to Blindings was beyond belief. Before him Elgorian became a comic-book villain in a way which reflected far more on his abusers than on him; same went for Ironbones. Even Gretolas, surely the most spectacularly skilled and fair player we've ever had, got abuse as he closed in on R15 and HotE.

Once he ranks up Odo can take a well-earned break and shrug off the childish insults.

despite of all that, i still keep to have fair fights more than you think, always disbanding when there's no cr anymore and trying to keep ops balanced as much as possible, which doesn't mean always 2-2 but means that if creep side needs more i let them have more and if freep side needs more i try to get more, but don't worry, one day soon i'll keep raid camping grams with all ops so you will see the difference and, finally, you will blame me for a real reason.
    just lol........

Actually he has a good point with that particular one.

Odo is a few days or weeks away from rank. It always seems that the higher in rank a player gets and the closer they get to the top tier, the more abuse they get. The #### dished out to Blindings was beyond belief. Before him Elgorian became a comic-book villain in a way which reflected far more on his abusers than on him; same went for Ironbones. Even Gretolas, surely the most spectacularly skilled and fair player we've ever had, got abuse as he closed in on R15 and HotE.

Once he ranks up Odo can take a well-earned break and shrug off the childish insults.
    I'm sorry to contradict you but Odo will keep playing till November 17th, do you want to deprive me of the pleasure to play with the same brand all creeps use constantly?
    About the insults, it's more about skills than rank imho, i'm getting harassed by the time i was a green rank and i see some high ranks who even get compliments from the creep side, i let you guess why, now that you mentioned him i want to make my late compliments to Blindings for the great achievement, one of the few creeps who deserve respect and the only one i saw never using the store or the r15 brand, well done.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

About the insults, it's more about skills than rank imho, i'm getting harassed by the time i was a green rank
    lolol you think you're skilled? ahahahaha good joke that made my day

aw don't b 2 hard on odo ugly..df is a skill and so is hobbit stealth.....

Odo is best pvp player here!!Dont listen to them odo ur the BEAST!!

"The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

1:17 gonna teach us how to solo wargs any time soon odo?
    i n33d to l34rn.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34E4z-xOOUA]High Chieftain Nufnuff[/url]
    DE Vanyar

When map is red,
    it soon will be blue.
    Hobbit's taste good,
    and so does dworfs too.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

Not a chance he died from r5 warg,thats from photo shop!!Is it odo?!

PvMP is ALWAYS in favour for the creeps after an expension. It has been like this after every expension. No exceptions. When freeps are geared up, have their first ages and so on, the tides turn. Don't count the first 2 or 3 months after an expension.

Besides, where were you when creeps camped GV? Barely seen you in Ettens then. While I'm there through the good and bad times. I've been farmed and farmed and accepted all the nerfs thrown to my warg. Yet you are active now, when freeps have it a lot more easy. It just shows your mentality, you want to rank up easy.

About the insults, it's more about skills than rank imho, i'm getting harassed by the time i was a green rank and i see some high ranks who even get compliments from the creep side, i let you guess why, now that you mentioned him i want to make my late compliments to Blindings for the great achievement, one of the few creeps who deserve respect and the only one i saw never using the store or the r15 brand, well done.
    Let me make this clear: I can't speak for all, but majority doesn't harass you for your "skill". They harass you for your choices made as a raid leader and your mentality. Sometimes I log my LM and stay at GV (I never enter the real PvMP zone with my freep) to chat a bit with some freeps. Your OOC messages are sometimes laughable. "Join the raid, we will farm the creeps, easy renown". I've seen you write that quite a lot of times. Your mentality is to get easy ranking points, which I - and many more creeps - hate and it provokes harassment.

I wish more people would have the same mentality as me. I don't care about ranking and dying, but just want to have some fun raid fights. No PvE, no hide and seek, no waiting and waiting or getting camped - just some fun raid fights after a long day of work.

. . . Are you really serious when you say that or you think we are all brainless kiddos in freep side?
    Nono not all, just a few.

Is the defiler writing here the same defiler who was all the time grouped in front of gv and now he disapperead from evening fights because he can't stand a defeat?
    Not sure if you aim at me (as I hardly ever was in front of GV because I do not like that 'action' at all), but I did not dissapear, you see me on other toons more atm (Stickytar/Pleasewait ring a bell?)

. . . but, despite of all that, i still keep to have fair fights more than you think
    - always disbanding when there's no cr anymore
    - and trying to keep ops balanced as much as possible, which doesn't mean always 2-2 but means that if creep side needs more i let them have more and if freep side needs more i try to get more
    3 lies in a row, gj!

but don't worry, one day soon i'll keep raid camping grams with all ops so you will see the difference and, finally, you will blame me for a real reason.
    one day soon? Maybe my eyes deceived me or you have a doppelganger, but I've seen you do just that
    *shrugs*

I'm sorry to contradict you but Odo will keep playing till November 17th, do you want to deprive me of the pleasure to play with the same brand all creeps use constantly?
    Did the fear already hit home Odo?
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Page 78 of 150 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast