We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3750
    My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphire View Post
    ....................... It could not have been more predictable. The pale orc refused to give anyone a fair fight. He had an army or a warg with him every time. (and where did Azog(g) find this white nab warg btw? Bitemarks after some work with a spray can?)
    Oh how I love this - only been online for about 15minutes in the last month and I still get a mention
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphire View Post
    Sigh, this ruined the entire movie. (didn't read the book)

It could not have been more predictable. The pale orc refused to give anyone a fair fight. He had an army or a warg with him every time. (and where did Azog(g) find this white nab warg btw? Bitemarks after some work with a spray can?)

Anyways. I have no idea why he left his bow beind when he never enters melee.. oh thats right, the one time he went for a melee 1v1 he lost his arm. Guess he had MT on cooldown.

Did anyone else do a ./facepalm when Thorin tried to attack Azog(g) at the end? It was too obvious that Bini was waiting behind a tree ready to bubble if any dmg was dealt. Some ppl never learn...

/rp off. No offence.

Newsflash!!

I have not paired with Bini for 6 weeks plus now

Happy hunting Glad you thought of me as you watched the film.

Thorin is just a noob

Bitemakrs you would make a good pet warg for Azogg

can someone please explain to me the paradox of Eldar pvp?

a creep raid for 5 freeps who just came out of GV not grouped?
    few freeps reach the TR back door,BAM,raid.
    3 people go and take an OP,BAM,10 creeps show up.
    6 man group takes LC,BAM,21 creeps show up 30 secs after.

same people who say:where are freeps?why is action so bad?why are freeps giving up?....those same people are in those raids regularly,not even giving a chance,fighting with crazy numbers and grouped for not more then 6 freeps often not grouped.
    silvergoku,webs,sharnark and the rest...mind explaining to me this?cuz i am out of logical reason that can explain this.
    is it hard to fight without group?are freeps still OP?you still letting out some steam from all the days of freep OP'ness?

action will stay as bad as it is as long as you pursue this type of fighting,don't you rather want both sides to enjoy and have nice fights then to zerg the hell out of few freeps outside GV?are you that desperate for renown?
    when was the last time freeps had a 24 man raid?i can't remember,can anyone remind me?when was the last time a freep raid won against a creep raid?when was the last time freeps didn't lagg like crazy not being able to move and being sitting ducks but still trying to put up a fight?and there is the reason why we dont have raids,lagg not allowing normal play in a raid.
    so if we cant fight creeps grouped,and all you guys seem to do is group,then.................... ..

i know people will sayh look at this QQ......but this isn't QQing,its trying to understand the mindset behind some of these playstyles which are,as we can see,destroying the pvp comepletely.try and understand the opposite side,maybe pvp gets better from that,who knows...

Thanks for reading.hopefully something good comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domaros1 View Post
    Not QQ
    Why on earth would the creeps not form raids and farm the freeps at GV?

There was not a single time during the "RoI-OP-Freeps-time" that the freeps would not farm the creeps.

Funny thing is, all those raidleaders freepside, that had no problems making raids during RoI, are now completely gone...

Haven't played my creeps for a long while now, there's just too many creeps, I'm one of the few that actually likes being the underdog in etten (regurlarly played my Reaver and defiler during the RoI days). But I do wish some raidleader would come back, so we could have a fighting chance.

Neither Freeps nor Creeps like to be the loosers in PvP, the differance is, that for the Freeps, Ettenmoors is just one of many maps, if they don't like the action, they go play PvE. For creeps, Etten is the only map, whether they win or not...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

can someone please explain to me the paradox of Eldar pvp?

a creep raid for 5 freeps who just came out of GV not grouped?
    few freeps reach the TR back door,BAM,raid.
    3 people go and take an OP,BAM,10 creeps show up.
    6 man group takes LC,BAM,21 creeps show up 30 secs after.
    Creeps are lame and freeps aren't, sounds right... oh wait.

same people who say:where are freeps?why is action so bad?why are freeps giving up?....those same people are in those raids regularly,not even giving a chance,fighting with crazy numbers and grouped for not more then 6 freeps often not grouped.
    Freeps are doing pve and scared to come to moors, because creeps can properly fight back, which some consider that creeps are op. Can't blame them, old tradition of freeps being seriously op is gone. For now at least.

I think you often see raids where there is just bunch of creeps fighting, without actually being in raid.

action will stay as bad as it is as long as you pursue this type of fighting,don't you rather want both sides to enjoy and have nice fights then to zerg the hell out of few freeps outside GV?are you that desperate for renown?
    when was the last time freeps had a 24 man raid?i can't remember,can anyone remind me?when was the last time a freep raid won against a creep raid?when was the last time freeps didn't lagg like crazy not being able to move and being sitting ducks but still trying to put up a fight?and there is the reason why we dont have raids,lagg not allowing normal play in a raid.
    so if we cant fight creeps grouped,and all you guys seem to do is group,then.................... ..
    Yes, sometimes there is just few freeps vs lots of creeps at gv, but on the other hand sometimes there is more freeps than creeps and it's still at GV. Unfortunately lots of infamy/renown equals good action, and is it raidzerg or gy pewpew matters not.

Few days ago freeps won raid vs raid, but often creeps just win with numbers, raid + leechers. Your assumption that lag only affect freeps is interesting.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000cb7d7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#FF8000]“If you believe everything you read, better not read.” [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Nipsu View Post
    I think you often see raids where there is just bunch of creeps fighting, without actually being in raid.
    This is true. But this is because creeps know, that sticking together, whether in a raid or not, is a key to victory. And also, when people see the "classic" raid leaders, Webss, Sharn, Blindings and many more, they tend to follow them. During the dark creep days of RoI, following them around was a way to reduce your risk of being zerged, and once enough people start to do this, it'll look like a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipsu View Post
    Your assumption that lag only affect freeps is interesting.
    It is true that there is quite a lot of lag on both sides, but for me personally, there is more lag on freep side. There is probably a lot of things that affects this, one being the insane amounts of buffs coming and going on freeps. In a raid v raid fight, the typical freep will probably have 4-6 rows of buffs, and constantly changing, where the creeps have fewer buffs, and also a lot more static ones. If I don't turn off other fellows buffs, playing in a raid freepside for me is almost impossible.
    The "gear-switchers" are probably a contributing factor to the lag too, although it is funny seeing those hunters constantly shifting like a prism.

Quote Originally Posted by vr00mie View Post
    Why on earth would the creeps not form raids and farm the freeps at GV?

There was not a single time during the "RoI-OP-Freeps-time" that the freeps would not farm the creeps.

Funny thing is, all those raidleaders freepside, that had no problems making raids during RoI, are now completely gone...

Haven't played my creeps for a long while now, there's just too many creeps, I'm one of the few that actually likes being the underdog in etten (regurlarly played my Reaver and defiler during the RoI days). But I do wish some raidleader would come back, so we could have a fighting chance.

Neither Freeps nor Creeps like to be the loosers in PvP, the differance is, that for the Freeps, Ettenmoors is just one of many maps, if they don't like the action, they go play PvE. For creeps, Etten is the only map, whether they win or not...
    Herr Trabant-express you should read the book and watch movies. IF creep can solo freep=nerf. If you check movies "creeps" there need more then one kill "freeps". Helm´s deep fight, even some KID (not Odo"hobbit silence"vocar) kill uruk. So, i use book and movie card

PS. for real: touché

Quote Originally Posted by vr00mie View Post
    It is true that there is quite a lot of lag on both sides, but for me personally, there is more lag on freep side. There is probably a lot of things that affects this, one being the insane amounts of buffs coming and going on freeps. In a raid v raid fight, the typical freep will probably have 4-6 rows of buffs, and constantly changing, where the creeps have fewer buffs, and also a lot more static ones. If I don't turn off other fellows buffs, playing in a raid freepside for me is almost impossible.
    The "gear-switchers" are probably a contributing factor to the lag too, although it is funny seeing those hunters constantly shifting like a prism.
    Make sure you have Only Show Dispellable Effects from Social Options on, cos it helps alot with million buffs going on in raid.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000cb7d7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

@Vr00mie
    isn't it boring,pathetic and action-breaking to be infront of GV with a raid farming freeps?if that is good pvp action then i give up.
    i don't know how this server was in the time of 'OP freeps' but if it was as you say,then its sad aswell.any type of raid to fight against small group or even soloers is pointless imo.just having a raid in pew pew is beyond me.
    as for raid leaders....well i am not one,but idd freep side needs them but then we are back to another problem,and that is insane lagg in freep raids
    as for gear switching,i completely agree.
    i have tried creep side for that reason only,and the worst thing i got was a skill delay of maybe 1-2s maximum.while same situation on freep i can't even move,and i play on worst graphics setup imaginable,every option is on low,no effects no nothing...
    and as i have been told,its not just me,half the freeps in a raid cant even move not to mention fire a skill.
    i agree on one thing with you.freeps should have more 6 man groups and stick together abit more,time of soloing is over(sadly).
    but bringing a 12-18 man raid to wipe a pew pew is....well.....quite sad imo.

@Lahna
    i can't seem to see you on freep side at all.i hear you were once a very dedicated rk but i can't seem to see you around.you playing creep maybe?
    creeps may or may not be OP,ofc they won't admit it,but neither did freeps when they were OP(apart from a few).
    i can tell if there is a raid or not,getting flanked in a pew pew with 12 creeps.....noooo that cant be a raid...they all must have been to the right and saw Sauron on the left and wanted an autograph....
    just yesterday there was around 10 freeps,preatty much same amount of creeps i think,if not more...now on our side there were your kinnies in a group and thats about it....we get to TR backdoor few times and what happens,webs comes in with about 10ish and zerges us back to GV,not letting us out....here is what i don't get:map is completely red,we only manage to get to TR backdoor and imediately a raid is there to wipe a few soloers and a 3-4 man group.i mean,what is the 10 of us gonna do,charge in TR full of creeps?turn the entire map blue and farm you?the way i see it is raids should be made to fight raids,not zerg soloers or small groups in pewpew(unless they are farming you at grams ofc)if anything,freeps should be makeing raids to push you guys away....
    as for lagg....i tried creeps side to check as i said above,lagg is not the same.....

i hope you don't see this as rageing or QQ...but cant just stay still and say nothing to this type of pvp.
    thanks for responding and lets keep it a normal discussion
    Last edited by Domaros1; Jan 04 2013 at 07:23 AM.

@Vr00mie
    isn't it boring,pathetic and action-breaking to be infront of GV with a raid farming freeps?if that is good pvp action then i give up.
    It is very boring

the way i see it is raids should be made to fight raids,not zerg soloers or small groups in pewpew(unless they are farming you at grams ofc)if anything,freeps should be makeing raids to push you guys away....
    Well, tbh, I've raided with Webss alot in the past, and I know he likes raid v raid, so when zerging soloers, I think he (and others) are probably trying to provoke a freep raid to form. Sadly it never happens, so the zerg continues...

On the other hand, I'm not sure the freeps are ready for a proper non-kin raid. There is just too much individual thinking out there, which is very obvious watching the soloers. Trying to make 24 solo-freeps into a smooth raid is gonna be hard, really hard. And since most will probably leave the raid after one or two wipes, the much needed training will never be had. (This is, as I stated above) because freeps simply leave Etten and do something else. While the creeps, well, they got nowhere else to go, so staying thru 10 wipes to get one win is still a victory in their books)

EDIT: @Hibbi: Then it shall be my god given right, as a Captain of Gondor, to be able to solo half a raid myself, then while using last stand blowing my horn (did that sound dirty to you too?) and summon my three friends that with ease finishes off the rest of the raid!
    Last edited by vr00mie; Jan 04 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Ha,ha,ha... Silver m8, do you read this?

@Domaros1

last two days I was with him in the group
    we play pvp and you freeps are on GV
    in the beginning there were only a few of us
    and we played so an hour or two, on GV you can find us "200 m or more" on the side
    and we even make a few 10 min breaks so that you can go away from GV

if it's too difficult for you...sorry!
    if you're my target, you will die...
    if you do not have a friend who will heal you, you die even faster

we creeps have only 1 map, we know each other,we know how we play,
    we are team players & we love to play together

so...my advice:
    for lag in groups/raids try to avoid external voice chat tools & use in game voice
    work on your social skills,learn how to play, make more groups & raids
    & come to etten & play!

I wish you all a happy New Year!
    Enjoy the game!

}[
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240100001c90ad/signature.png[/img]

@Lahna
    i can't seem to see you on freep side at all.i hear you were once a very dedicated rk but i can't seem to see you around.you playing creep maybe?
    Yes, I started playing creep during RoI, cos wanted try to something different and still doing that different.

creeps may or may not be OP,ofc they won't admit it,but neither did freeps when they were OP(apart from a few).
    i can tell if there is a raid or not,getting flanked in a pew pew with 12 creeps.....noooo that cant be a raid...they all must have been to the right and saw Sauron on the left and wanted an autograph....
    Yes some doesn't admit being op, during RoI it was fun to read some freep class forums, how some didn't see for example minstrel being op at all, if you guess they were minstrels themselves, you are right.

Silvergoku himself often makes groups, which basicly just keep flanking freeps. Size of his group/followers isn't constant though. Believe or not, there have been situations where freeps have been flanked by solo creeps.

just yesterday there was around 10 freeps,preatty much same amount of creeps i think,if not more...now on our side there were your kinnies in a group and thats about it....we get to TR backdoor few times and what happens,webs comes in with about 10ish and zerges us back to GV,not letting us out....
    I didn't play much yesterday, but often if someone says x number of freeps are at x, lots of creeps show up to get kills outside of pewpew. Sometimes it can be hilarious and turn numbers into 6v15. I can't blame them though, cos who really likes pewpew.

here is what i don't get:map is completely red,we only manage to get to TR backdoor and imediately a raid is there to wipe a few soloers and a 3-4 man group.i mean,what is the 10 of us gonna do,charge in TR full of creeps?turn the entire map blue and farm you?the way i see it is raids should be made to fight raids,not zerg soloers or small groups in pewpew(unless they are farming you at grams ofc)if anything,freeps should be makeing raids to push you guys away....
    as for lagg....i tried creeps side to check as i said above,lagg is not the same.....
    It's not all black and white. When freeps get their numbers, they aren't nicer than creeps. But yes that doesn't happen everyday, because of number of creeps around. Maybe in future that'll change when freeps get their 1st ages, who knows.

@vr00mie
    yes,freeps just go and do something else,i do it aswell,question is why?well just come outside gv and see, group/raid is waiting to zerg ya,not caring for pvp,only for points,trying to use the time being OP and farm ranks till they start being underpowered.
    but it has to stop somewhere doesnt it?well i like to think does.

@lahna
    thing is i dont see this action switching with freeps getting FA's.creep and freep mentality is set here:zerg while i am OP till i become an underdog and then ill switch sides.dont care about action or quality of pvp,just points....
    and i aint defending freeps who do the same btw,if freeps did the same thing(which they probably did) at grams not letting you out with a raid,its still action breaking.

@alpha
    you seem to be the perfect example of players who couse bad pvp and not even looking at a bigger picture here.
    sure you got 1 map,sure you guys are team players,pro players even,enjoy the game,you are the cream of pvp on this server....but it doesnt change the fact you care for points,and points only...not even taking into consideration the other side.
    your 10min break won't get 10 freeps back to group up.......
    either that or you are just a troll seeking attention.....lets leave people to decide of that then

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post

we creeps have only 1 map, we know each other,we know how we play,
    we are team players & we love to play together
    GV fights are so dull. Thing is, if freeps are getting bored, so are creeps with constantly fighting there. It's the new (and far less interesting) HS.

Yesterday silver's group - not a raid - consisted of what, 9 creeps? They advanced and they retreated many times, waiting for freeps to get together - to get it together, and move out of GV. They just wouldn't do it. I guess that's not really the freeps' fault though, with their lack of both numbers and leadership. But it isn't the creeps' fault either. As Alpha says, creeps have 1 map. They go where the action is. If freeps stay at GV, creeps will lurk there too. They have nothing else to do, they have no where else to go.

for lag in groups/raids try to avoid external voice chat tools & use in game voice
    work on your social skills,learn how to play, make more groups & raids
    & come to etten & play!
    Correct. Freeps need to get the old squad back together, stop farming durchest all day and group up, leave GV and venture out into the map a bit. Can any of us even remember what Tol looks like?

. . . creep and freep mentality is set here:zerg . . .
    Eldar is very much a zerg-based server for as long as I can remember, I'm afraid that if you want to change that mentality you are up for a bigger challenge than getting to mount Doom.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, I can't help it!

@alpha
    you seem to be the perfect example of players who couse bad pvp and not even looking at a bigger picture here.
    ....but it doesnt change the fact you care for points,and points only...not even taking into consideration the other side.
    my dear friend...
    can I correct you in some things?
    maybe you got the wrong idea about me
    i don't like GV & gy camping, its only fact that
    when freeps are on GV then I'll be there (maybe
    after update we are all waiting on people and some action
    and I was one of the first people who said: dont camp GV , give them space!

i don't know for others but I do not care about points & ratings
    I'm only rank 10 but I'll fight as rank 20
    i don't need BRAND, lootbox, special skin... i play just 4 fun

the only thing I need is few strong wargs in my warg pack
    or some other experienced creeps in mix group
    (and dont get me wrong I can perfectly play solo but it's fun to play in the group

btw, I'm back in the game the last two days after the three-week break

this is my last replay on this subject so...sharpen your arrows &
    have a nice day!

}[
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240100001c90ad/signature.png[/img]

Good job Haras and Stourmfita today with your group.
    I will sieze this chance to write down my opinion.
    I like to solo very much because champion is a very good solo class. OP some say. Truth being said any well played creep can beat a well played freep at the moment. Do I see any player like that left?
    For the past few days I have been looking to find solo creeps around the map for I know Eldar to be one of the last servers you can solo on. I don't lie to you, the last solo creep to have fought me amd finish the fight (not spars) was a rank 3 Reaver of Eldarius more than A WEEK ago. The rest I find packs, groups, creeps, who use al their skills to run. I dont say they do anything wrong, but after they do so dont come over and say the action is bad.
    I for one give up on trying to change whatever its left here as I do not find any creep solo or if I do its a warh that runs or reaver that calls for help etc...

Conclusion: No soloing makes both sides not know the opponent's class to they don't know how to win. Players become bad. Adding the lack of communication and teamwork, nothing will change. (I wish I was wrong)
    PS: Those who say soloing is for little girls, a good soloer always does better than any in a group.
    <<<< proof :3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000007e164/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"Today's noobs are tomorrow's pugs."

Imo most eldar players at ettens are glory hunters and change sides depending which side is the winning side. Of course there are players whom are dedicated freep or creep. But the most aren't and that changes the balance. I enjoy playing the side which have less players because of the challenge. Like ROI times mostly played warg and atm trying to rank my freeps.
    Eldar: Sigreandil Champ R9/Repolainen Stalker R11/Repolead WL R7, Snowbourn: Sigraendil RK R10

Evening guys

Just dropped by to wave my paws.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000003f828/signature.png]Buttmuncher[/charsig]

Thursday 10.1.2013

Nice fights today once again. I haven't been online all day, but from what I heard there were big active groups on both creeps and freeps most of the day, from 4:00 pm to 4:00 am. At the evening numbers reached 30+ on both sides and we had some nice, spread fights at tol area. There were random fights all over the place, Grams, lug3, lug2, inside lug, y rds, WB, WG, Tol qst room and Tyr room, tir road. There were raid vs raid fights and group vs group fights. Both sides must have enjoyed action yesterday. The whole map was red, but it turned to pure blue too. Lets not forget that our server Eldar once again get highest scores on infamy/renown among other EU servers, both on creep and freep side (check the dashboard http://dailystats.theblackappendage....shboard/all-EU)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000022a326/signature.png]Silvergoku[/charsig]

On the field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.
    Because it's all about quantity and not quality.
    [center][IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/Kwpa/alpharhochiepsilon3AF0omicronlambda3AE0psietasigmaf_zpsc8f9ce12.jpg[/IMG]
    † [i]Greatness comes to those who claim it[/i] †[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gretolas View Post
    Because it's all about quantity and not quality.
    it's all about farming ranks these days why have fun when you can mindlessly zerg back and forth.

people might as well start clobbing each other if points is all they care about.
    [IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/2637/2q6n.jpg[/IMG]

I like the texture of the TR door. I've been staring at it so much that I begin to see all kinds of forms and shapes on it. I feel the Lord is speaking to me through it.
    I don't always eat cake, but when I do, it's delicious.

Freeps look like NPC's, pull them away from GV to far and they reset.

By Bloodspill
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000022a326/signature.png]Silvergoku[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion719 View Post
    Freeps look like NPC's, pull them away from GV to far and they reset.

By Bloodspill
    Creeps at Tir backdoor is like one-shotters, come to close and it's a wipe

Page 58 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast