We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Re: PvMP on Eldar (Part 4)

Very nice raid fights again. Chargex was leading this time. He had a short, but understandable rage-quit. No one in the raid used their RAT properly. I'm not sure how that is on freepside, but from what I've noticed the past three days, following the RAT is pretty damn difficult for some creeps. I also got annoyed by the fact only few reavers/wargs actually charged when Chargex said so. So every time we moved back, I was left alone and died needlessly. Chargex is a good leader with some nice flanks and charges, it's only a shame barely anyone listened to what he said. Despite these minor things I'd a fun evening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrat View Post
    Based on today's experience I disagree. Dirty and Shar lead a good raid and on freepside Arcanaii and Elgo did the same. You can say what you want about them, but I really don't think they are that bad. Maybe Elgo runs around foolishly sometimes, but I take it he just wants to find a perfect flanking position.

Also, I'm very surprised to see so many familiar names in these two days. Apparently the game isn't that dead after all. For example, Kleftolas, Blarrluk, Dirty and Liio (his OOC nonsense was as hilarious as always) logged in today. I thought all of them had quit this game. I'm glad to see I was wrong. Same counts for freepside. It's always fun to kill familiar names (even though I've never talked to them), instead of the ones you've barely ever seen. Hard to explain why, but it always does me good seeing so many familiar freeps - especially seeing their corpses, which, unfortunately, hasn't happened enough this evening.
    I had a great laugh in them raids with both Elgo and Arcanaii although it probably was a bit one sided at some points.... and your right it is good to kill familiar names and builds a nice rivalry if the opposite applies

I heard my kinmates defied the glorious Virtual Warlord Elgorian and did not join his raid and proceeded to do what they wanted, These actions sicken me, They should be lining up to join the free people's true leader his sexy belgian accent makes raiding alone worth it.
    Making movies, Making music and Fighting round the world

Interesting pvp this evening, thanks for the renowns Elgo, log creep moar tbh
    Last edited by Neen_Eldar; Jan 06 2012 at 07:31 PM.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Neen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B][EU][/B][/SIZE] Eldar
    [URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Based on today's experience I disagree. Dirty and Shar lead a good raid and on freepside Arcanaii and Elgo did the same. You can say what you want about them, but I really don't think they are that bad. Maybe Elgo runs around foolishly sometimes, but I take it he just wants to find a perfect flanking position.

Also, I'm very surprised to see so many familiar names in these two days. Apparently the game isn't that dead after all. For example, Kleftolas, Blarrluk, Dirty and Liio (his OOC nonsense was as hilarious as always) logged in today. I thought all of them had quit this game. I'm glad to see I was wrong. Same counts for freepside. It's always fun to kill familiar names (even though I've never talked to them), instead of the ones you've barely ever seen. Hard to explain why, but it always does me good seeing so many familiar freeps - especially seeing their corpses, which, unfortunately, hasn't happened enough this evening.
    Well after reading many post's on the lotro forum about things had gotten worse i thought it cannot be that bad? or can it....

10k warg vs 8k champ and i was killed in 4 hits yeah painful.

Also i had to pay my up keep on my house <--- Gotta pay those bills

Quote Originally Posted by Blarrluk View Post
    Well after reading many post's on the lotro forum about things had gotten worse i thought it cannot be that bad? or can it....

10k warg vs 8k champ and i was killed in 4 hits yeah painful.

Also i had to pay my up keep on my house <--- Gotta pay those bills
    Mate you seems forgot how low creepish dps. How many damage can you deal for 5 sec stun? 3K, 4k? Its not enought to make somebody to run. Even light armor can easy survive, then turn back and kick ###(not speaking about heavy armor champs).

Ps anybody have laggs while fighting raid vs raid?

I must confess that, having vehemently defended Sharnarke and his raids on the forums last week, I wish he hadn't just now camped in a blue TR with a full raid farming 6-8 freeps between CG room and the GY on an otherwise red map.

Ho hum.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    I must confess that, having vehemently defended Sharnarke and his raids on the forums last week, I wish he hadn't just now camped in a blue TR with a full raid farming 6-8 freeps between CG room and the GY on an otherwise red map.

Ho hum.
    I think he disbanded it pretty quickly.

I think both sides at times does tend to farm the other.

I must admit i have been part of a raid that has farmed but I have also been solo and been farmed and then farmed again.

Quote Originally Posted by HampshireMick View Post
    I think both sides at times does tend to farm the other.
    Yeah, I don't mind him doing it - we left after a while because it was literally and metaphorically pointless. I just wish it hadn't happened so soon after I defended his raids in public: today I've been getting sneering /tells from freeps, to complement the nice ones I got from creeps yesterday
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

It's all about the raids tbh

[URL="http://themellowship.com"][COLOR=#ffff00]The Mellowship[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]

Yeah, I don't mind him doing it - we left after a while because it was literally and metaphorically pointless. I just wish it hadn't happened so soon after I defended his raids in public: today I've been getting sneering /tells from freeps, to complement the nice ones I got from creeps yesterday
    Do freeps truly complain to you because you defended Sharn's raids? I give Elgo and Arcanaii compliments for leading as well and I've never had anyone become angry to me for that. And even though it is indeed lame to farm freeps like that, it is kind of understable. I guess a lot of creeps get frustrated after getting wiped so often. It must feel like a "relieve" for some to farm the freeps for a while. I'm not saying it's okay to farm (it's painfully boring), I'm only stating that for many creeps it is a nice way to get off steam.

And Tarmas, it's a generally accepted fact that you are the Voice of Reason. I've no idea which freeps make sneering comments, but I'd say the creeps complimenting you for actually being honest, fair and objective is more important than the one-sided people.

Oh and quite often I see Mellow groups in Ettens lately. I would love to have a small group fight between Mellows and Angbands some time (arrenged or not).

Do freeps truly complain to you because you defended Sharn's raids?
    I had a few snarky comments this afternoon, which was what prompted me to make the post. It just made me /facepalm a bit that the timing was so bad

You need to spend a bit of time watching freep OOC to understand. I know both sides whine like there's no tomorrow, but the sense of entitlement and the ignorance of many (not all) freeps in OOC beggars belief.

And yes, Mellows run in kin groups 90% of the time. We get fearsome amounts of abuse for it too, from both sides. Yesterday a freep raid leader raged at us for refusing to join, then eventually logged to creep to make a raid specifically to "get Mellows". 4 obliterations later, he logged off. It was epic.

You need to spend a bit of time watching freep OOC to understand. I know both sides whine like there's no tomorrow, but the sense of entitlement and the ignorance of many (not all) freeps in OOC beggars belief.
    Creep OOC isn't that much better. Getting a KB on some specific freeps is considered to be an outstanding accomplishment. Copy-pasting it to OOC is usually followed by widespread acceptance and respect. I find this funny to see. Of course there are some freeps I'd rather kill compared to others, but I just don't understand the extreme urge to get the KB. It's almost like some creeps have hatred feelings towards some freeps. Their one-sides opinion about these freeps makes OOC both pathetic and funny to read.

Some freeps have a reputation that makes no sense but is yet believed by lots of creeps. So I guess ignorance isn't something only seen on freepside OOC.

And yes, Mellows run in kin groups 90% of the time. We get fearsome amounts of abuse for it too, from both sides. Yesterday a freep raid leader raged at us for refusing to join, then eventually logged to creep to make a raid specifically to "get Mellows". 4 obliterations later, he logged off. It was epic.
    Well to be perfectly honest, this does annoy me quite often. When we have an Angbands group, it usually turns into an open raid anyway. It only makes the fights better if many people join the raid. Seeing a couple of solo'ers following the raid bugs me. Of course every one is entitled to their own way of playing, but I see it as decency to join the raid instead of leeching off.

Edit: logging creep just to gank the Mellows group is pathetic though haha. It must have resulted in lots of laughs seeing him failing. Although I understand the annoyance of the raid leader. He spends time on trying to lead a raid and you guys just follow and make use of it.
    Last edited by Wardrat; Jan 07 2012 at 05:51 PM.

Yesterday a freep raid leader raged at us for refusing to join, then eventually logged to creep to make a raid specifically to "get Mellows". 4 obliterations later, he logged off. It was epic.
    That wasn't what actually happened.

Who was it you had on the creep side btw or do you do it on a rota basis. I would have thought they'd have told you what the 'raid leader' was doing and you'd get your facts right.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000e89b5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't know why people should "have" to join raids for either side, it oftentimes destroys what is usually some fun pvp. I admit I mostly run with kinmates now, we joke around and have fun while trying to get some nice action going. Sometimes we do well, usually we get our asses handed to us, it doesn't matter as long as it's fun but lately it feels like if raids get going that you are automatically branded a leech even though you just want to keep going with your mates without having someone high and mighty yelling around at everyone to follow their orders no matter what.

I think if more people would try running around in 3 or 6 man groups, try working together complementing each others skills and having the ability to use all skills in a fight rather than just forced to heal or follow a rat that they might find there is more to ettenmoors than just raid or die.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000923ea/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Dugghere Captain R6 - Duggadan Champion R6 - Duggli RK R6
    MooMooMoo Defiler R6 - Duggthug Black Arrow R6

On the field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.

Yesterday a freep raid leader raged at us for refusing to join, then eventually logged to creep to make a raid specifically to "get Mellows". 4 obliterations later, he logged off. It was epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiodus View Post
    It was exactly what happened nevertheless we are glad because finaly got some nice action going on.
    [center][IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/Kwpa/alpharhochiepsilon3AF0omicronlambda3AE0psietasigmaf_zpsc8f9ce12.jpg[/IMG]
    † [i]Greatness comes to those who claim it[/i] †[/center]

Edit: logging creep just to gank the Mellows group is pathetic though haha. It must have resulted in lots of laughs seeing him failing. Although I understand the annoyance of the raid leader. He spends time on trying to lead a raid and you guys just follow and make use of it.
    Difficult one, 90% of the time we are there before any raid forms and well after it. We like to roam as camping the same spot for both sides just becomes teedius. We will even purposely move, leaving freeps to be outnumbered so they can be rolled over, we like to keep you interested
    If a creep raid is formed to counter a freep raid then you can bet all of the renown will be in the same place instead of spread out, should we just afk/map until the raids have done their thing, should we stay out of the way because we do not wish to join the raid, though we were there first, hell no.

Believe me, the last thing we want to do is follow Elgorian around, it's always good to see him rant in OOC though, like he seems to be some form of authority on all things PvP, when infact it's the opposite.

Seeing a couple of solo'ers following the raid bugs me. Of course every one is entitled to their own way of playing, but I see it as decency to join the raid instead of leeching off.
    We had no intention of leeching, we were just doing our own thing, just as we had been doing for some time before the raid was formed. The raid was meanwhile sat at the GY on 18/24 or so with the leader sending /tells to us. We were perfectly willing to liaise with the raid for flanks etc but apparently it was join or raid disband.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiodus View Post
    Yes it was. That was exactly what happened. And you know it.

But as Gretolas says, it was great. We had some terrific fights (12 vs 24) and won them all - the rain of renown was beautiful.
    Last edited by Tarmas_Eldar; Jan 07 2012 at 09:11 PM.

We had no intention of leeching, we were just doing our own thing, just as we had been doing for some time before the raid was formed. The raid was meanwhile sat at the GY on 18/24 or so with the leader sending /tells to us. We were perfectly willing to liaise with the raid for flanks etc but apparently it was join or raid disband.

Yes it was. That was exactly what happened. And you know it.

But as Gretolas says, it was great. We had some terrific fights (12 vs 24) and won them all - the rain of renown was beautiful.
    I heard that though you fought mellowship V a raid you only came to fight with npcs. Thing is so often now the creeps raids is filled up with alot of low ranks and wargs which dont make a great raid group. Though they try their best

I like to roam about with my tirbe in a group of 6 or so but then we get alot of people following our tribe group due to it being Sharne. This often makes it seems like a full raid roaming around.

I heard that though you fought mellowship V a raid you only came to fight with npcs.
    Man, this made me laugh . Whoever told you that was massaging the truth to salve a battered ego. The only time there were any NPCs involved at all was outside LC, when a couple of Coldfells Hunters died even faster than Elgorian's WL.

I like to roam about with my tirbe in a group of 6 or so but then we get alot of people following our tribe group due to it being Sharne. This often makes it seems like a full raid roaming around.
    This I identify with. Any group of 5+ opponents is casually labelled "a raid" by both sides. The occasional "Raid at Hoarhallow!" OOC shouts are good for a laugh - it usually means a WL and a couple of Wargs susprising someone camped in stealth atop a building.

This I identify with. Any group of 5+ opponents is casually labelled "a raid" by both sides.
    Haha, yes THIS is completely true. Almost every time numbers are exaggerated. When we wipe, the first excuse is usually that freeps outnumbered us greatly. When I'm in a raid I often have to scout and before the battle starts I always use Sense Prey and count the tracks. It's really fun to see the difference between the estimations and the number of players I actually tracked.

On the other hand, it's also a shame. Last time a small group of freeps (a captain, tank and four minstrels) were able to make quite a few kills against a group of about 12 creeps. Of course they couldn't withstand long, but the fact they actually got renown from that fight is something creeps won't quickly see these days.

kin groups alongside a full raid really can ruin action sometimes, especially if they are as OP as a mellows group! creeps will disband and log if the numbers become overwhelming and the fight moves away from becoming kinda balanced to totally unwinnable for them. so i can understand the frustration on both sides really - that is, creeps disbanding and main freep raid leaders getting frustrated because there is nothing left to fight (and vicea versa). of course, we are sometimes guilty of this too, so i dont really have a leg to stand on.. but just sayin'

however, if many freeps didnt think with rage all the time, maybe they would play more like creeps and coordiante with each other, ala creep raid + warg pack. if we work together, fights can be a lot more interesting and rewarding. this is especially doable if, as in the aforementioned situations, the main raid is not full and there is a small kin group wishing to operate separately. go in at different times to lull into a false sense of security, crafty double flanks, surprise attacks from the rear.. that kinda thing! just takes a little communication.

and to be fair, elgo created some interesting fights this afternoon, so don't be too harsh on him now (a temporary 1 day reprieve should do it :P )
    Oryette

The game mechanics must be in great shape to have Tarmas the Train pride himself for victories like this.
    I don't always eat cake, but when I do, it's delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by pakastevihannes View Post
    The game mechanics must be in great shape to have Tarmas the Train pride himself for victories like this.
    less QQ moar CHOO CHOO
    Oryette

Quote Originally Posted by commanderjerkface View Post
    less QQ moar CHOO CHOO
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to QQ in this post. A few things annoyed me greatly the past few days. First of all, why do so many freeps burn up all their long CD skills in a spar? I don't use disappear/sprint. And when, say at tir HS, I'm sparring some random minstrel and we are both on halve morale, I often get ganked by a group of freeps passing by. Somehow, not sure why, I've noticed that overall more creeps than freeps have the ability to notice a spar and let them alone. Creeps more than freeps just stand by and watch rather than interfere and be proud with the 10 Points you get for ruining a spar.

Another example: I was in a tribe group lead by Galro. We roamed around lug/oc/grams and had lots of really fun small group fights. Our teamwork was surprisingly good and lead us to some very good times. However, we only charged into groups of freeps. When we noticed a single freep roaming around, we left him/her alone. Whenever I roam around alone, I get spam tracked and chased by whole raids for crying out loud.

Furthermore, why is that so many wargs are playing like complete moronic cowards? Leader shouts 'charge' wargs: "yeah, I'd better stay at the back and use howl after a kill made by others for an awesome, very helpful AoE heal". NO. Hit sprint, charge in, stun, interrupt healers etc. Do something worthy or just don't join the raid if you don't want to die. Most of the times I'm one of the only wargs that charges alongside reavers.

And creeps, why do you have the inability to count numbers? When I track 17 freeps, there are 17 freeps. No 17 freeps and 12 hunters in stealth. Make more charges, don't mind to die. Yes, we are the underdog at the moment, but that doesn't mean that we can't beat 17 freeps with a full raid - as long as we use proper teamwork. So in other words: use your damn RAT! Really, it makes such a big difference. We don't have AoE like freeps do, so focus on single targets and burn them down fast. Whenever I'm dead and I tab around I see so many creeps targetting something completely different than what's on the RAT. Don't do that. It isn't hard: click on RAT, pile up on RAT and hit numbers on your keyboard until said target is dead.

Freeps, why is it that you prefer to let the creeps charge? I've noticed that freeps often stand in a freepball motionless. I know that with the AoE you've a big advantage when creeps charge you instead of the other way around, but don't you think it's fair if both sides take the initiative equal times? Especially considering the fact freeps are overall stronger than creeps nowadays.

Page 15 of 150 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast