We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 108 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3750

A big shout out to the creeps, that should try freep in Helm's Deep ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    What are you talking about?! Fact is that i didnt saw a freep solo for 3months now, and i dont wanna comment how long there wasnt one that attacked me 1 vs 1 on open area. (Not saying anyone is afraid of me or something, just that freeps rarely or never go to ettens alone).
    Or that is the cause of - we having maps and always call for "airstrike"? Hm?

First example is your kin groups (atm just eva and slat (:* i still dont love you slat, you are ugly with that pink handbag)) but few months ago WoMendir and his army of "save my precious a$$, i must live" were zerging everything around.

In last few weeks, for some reason freeps are not leaving the safe house, leaving us all with one coloured red map, and just leaving with a raid of 12/24. To do what? Hm? "Steamroll"?

Nothing personal, i dont even know who you are, just dont tell that creep side is steamrolling something, that is absolutely not true.
    I have not seen you solo mreza so how can we attack you 1 vs 1?

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    I can tell you that if u ever see Mreza alone, i am probably either *solo* or with few, for example wargs (Scaragul, Nauuk, Sneezles, Akhlukh).. I will use this moment to ask them to tell you, how many times did i told them when we find one solo freep, to leave me fight him 1 on 1.
    Maybe that comment by you is a reason to why you dont get 1 vs 1 anymore

I wont solo ever again in ettens. No point. I never gotten in to a 1 vs 1 with a creep part from a handfull times in HH with a lowbie questing. Thats not a challenge but a crashboombang from me.... Part from that i always face 2,3,4 creeps.

If i engage a creep somewhere and think oh, a 1 vs 1 i have ALWAYS been dissapointed. Boom, a pounce by a warg that ran with the foe.... Or i engage just to see that 2 more maps in and joins the fight.. Its never a duel.. So whats the challenge? Seems like creepw wants freeps to run solo so you can group hug them because solo it never stays...

Im encuraging freeps to spam ooc with where creeps are so that they dont have to get zerged.. Creeps are sooo good at it and creep ooc goes warm on a daily basis on info about where there are freeps. We just have to do the same!

Creeps are better then freeps on many points, but there is room for improvment on freep side.

I have played full time creep at lvl 50, 60 and 65. For months, but i always endu up going back to freep. it gives me a bigger variation to play with. more skills, more possible outcomes and i can have different approaches to the fights. But you can learn alot from joining the other side for a few weeks. But then stay on creep/freep side for the entire evening and not just flippery flopp....

Think its time to go check out and make me a creep on Eldar Will probably not be welcome in raids, but i can maybe atleast solo the creep way then

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Just imagine creeps that if all of a sudden you got 4 defilers in your raid that decides they dont want to heal but they wanna dps.....
    You mean I'm not supposed to DPS on Goatz? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Mirobelle View Post
    You mean I'm not supposed to DPS on Goatz? O.o
    Sure if u got time between heals sure. But pure dps? hmmm

Think its time to go check out and make me a creep on Eldar Will probably not be welcome in raids, but i can maybe atleast solo the creep way then
    To judge by the reaction I've received, you'll be welcomed. I wasn't sure what response I'd get, but lots of people have been very nice and helpful - even Azogg!

They even cheered for me when I got my first (and only) kb on my Warg last night - some bubble-boy Champ called Elro (or something like that)

However, the roster of freep raid leaders is so thin right now that I'm not sure that freepside can afford to do without you.

There are many reasons combined to that ettens has taken the turn it has the last months...

"end-gamers" gone creep side. Flippers, Organization, development of the game in general.

But dont forget the fact that it for pve most content now days are DPS! the more the merrier. Nuke nuke nuke and you will be fine.

Abit of this situation we got in etten on freep side as well. Everyone wanna dps. People more or less frag hunt these days. Healer are dps traited, captains are. Funny thing is that many "dps" classes do not trait full dps....

Take champs as an example.. What creeps calls bubble boys... We need the damn bubbles because selfheals we cant. ( Yes dire need, trait it and its 5 min cd) but then again you choose to go trait it... A dps class that has to think defensive due to that the classes that should take care of the dps are dps traited......

Let dps be dps, let healers be healers, support be support. How the hell are we to raid if people dont have a specific job to do? And actually do it!

the biggest difference i see as an old raidleader that led raids from lvl 50-65 is that today you cant tell someone else in the raid. Dude please go specc this or that. This is your job during this fight etc. 4 years ago you did listen to the raidleader and you followed. No matter what he/her said you did it. You trusted the leader and tried your best to what he asked of you.

It was a group feeling. you were a part of something and that made it fun....

today if you tell someone could you please trait this or that they would maybe do it. Or they dont like healing so they wanna stay red traited.... 5-10 min later they have left the raid.... 5 min more you see them on creep side. ( sure Deni not all. But we got a standard 10-15 that flipp daily from side to side. Enough to make a difference)

Just imagine creeps that if all of a sudden you got 4 defilers in your raid that decides they dont want to heal but they wanna dps... What do you tell them? so logg a dps then... What do you think all creep dps would do if there was no healers around? Run full dps? or would they put on more mitigation traits etc? For me its natural u would.

What do you prefer, decent dps or dead super dps....

Loads of factors makes it Extremely hard to motivate freep leaders to actually lead..
    I totally agree with ur post Erlo and I 4 1 if asked by a raid leader wud trait however they wanted if I wasn't traited rite.
    healers shud heal, dps shud concentrate on dps and support shud always support the group.

altho that said we do have some dps defies in moors * looks at woblah, matty , goatz.........*

bring back the hour cd or even 30 mins cuz by then fites normally changed anyways.
    mayb its something we cud ask of our council members 2 reinstate?

But dont forget the fact that it for pve most content now days are DPS! the more the merrier. Nuke nuke nuke and you will be fine.
    For me this is a symptom of lotro's downfall, in that the approach to content has condensed into this one strategy: nuke, nuke, nuke and you'll be fine. There was a time when the critical component of success was very often ‘thinking’, and coordination, and a dose of savoir-faire. Alas! that these days are no more. /sadface

Take champs as an example.. What creeps calls bubble boys... We need the damn bubbles because selfheals we cant.
    For champs it's become a bit of a comfort zone though, has it not? Knowing these bubbles and sprints are there all the time – virtually all the time with such cds – has changed the behaviour of champs into a kind of gung-ho berzerker class: rush in headlong to 'horn-blast', 'shing-shing', then 'bubble' and 'sprint' away, and that's often it. It's seems to be very 1-dimensional, and pretty boring to play. Not having a dig here, as I said in another post, I've been a frontline champ many times in tough raid content (and some PvP when I used to freep), and it was very different. That is not your fault of course (I don't blame you for bubbling most of the time, but I wish Turbine gave you a more involved, more imaginative skill-set) but I just think the design of the class is flawed, it seems geared up to play knowing that there is no great risk (or little risk) to one's self because you have an easy and nearly always available exit strategy.

I would have these bubbles dialled way down, on much longer cooldowns; have sprints only available out of combat… but at the same time have a greater ability to buff one's self with say, higher mitigations based on how much dps you can put out, and have Second Wind as a big self morale heal on defeat.. Or something. I'm no dev, but I would prefer to see champs, and myself play champ, as a Champion-fighter should, with the sole intent of destroying your enemy, with less focus on cheap parlour tricks to get away when the going gets tough (like a burg), and more in rewarding the individual player based on expertise, clever play, skill-selections – perhaps something along the lines of reactive skills for Grds – that would give you a more dynamic and varied choice of rotations, based on the situation, that would totally maximise your efficiency in battle etc.

today if you tell someone could you please trait this or that they would maybe do it. Or they dont like healing so they wanna stay red traited....
    If they're not doing, or can't do, what is require of them, or what you as raid leader are telling them do to, then they have to be kicked, plain and simple!

Just imagine creeps that if all of a sudden you got 4 defilers in your raid that decides they dont want to heal but they wanna dps... What do you tell them?
    To be honest, that would actually be hilarious. A DPS Defiler, muwhahaha. You know a few weeks back Goatz made a Defiler raid just for a laugh, because we were bored and there was little happening. I think we ended up with something like 16-18 defilers. Woblah was right, it did end up being a total bust. We killed I think only 2 things (one of which was an RK healing stone). haha

What do you think all creep dps would do if there was no healers around? Run full dps? or would they put on more mitigation traits etc? For me its natural u would.
    Mitigation corruptions suck. Few (if any) actually use them, because we have only 6 slots to play with, and other more useful and desirable ones take priority. Also, few creep players ever, repeat, ever visit the class trainer to change their builds. There is so very little diversity in builds (and thus difference) on creepside, that there really is no such thing as 'retraiting'. You pick your build and stick with it. That's it. With the increased number of corruption slots available in HD that may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    For me this is a symptom of lotro's downfall, in that the approach to content has condensed into this one strategy: nuke, nuke, nuke and you'll be fine. There was a time when the critical component of success was very often ‘thinking’, and coordination, and a dose of savoir-faire. Alas! that these days are no more. /sadface

For champs it's become a bit of a comfort zone though, has it not? Knowing these bubbles and sprints are there all the time – virtually all the time with such cds – has changed the behaviour of champs into a kind of gung-ho berzerker class: rush in headlong to 'horn-blast', 'shing-shing', then 'bubble' and 'sprint' away, and that's often it. It's seems to be very 1-dimensional, and pretty boring to play. Not having a dig here, as I said in another post, I've been a frontline champ many times in tough raid content (and some PvP when I used to freep), and it was very different. That is not your fault of course (I don't blame you for bubbling most of the time, but I wish Turbine gave you a more involved, more imaginative skill-set) but I just think the design of the class is flawed, it seems geared up to play knowing that there is no great risk (or little risk) to one's self because you have an easy and nearly always available exit strategy.

I would have these bubbles dialled way down, on much longer cooldowns; have sprints only available out of combat… but at the same time have a greater ability to buff one's self with say, higher mitigations based on how much dps you can put out, and have Second Wind as a big self morale heal on defeat.. Or something. I'm no dev, but I would prefer to see champs, and myself play champ, as a Champion-fighter should, with the sole intent of destroying your enemy, with less focus on cheap parlour tricks to get away when the going gets tough (like a burg), and more in rewarding the individual player based on expertise, clever play, skill-selections – perhaps something along the lines of reactive skills for Grds – that would give you a more dynamic and varied choice of rotations, based on the situation, that would totally maximise your efficiency in battle etc.

If they're not doing, or can't do, what is require of them, or what you as raid leader are telling them do to, then they have to be kicked, plain and simple!

To be honest, that would actually be hilarious. A DPS Defiler, muwhahaha. You know a few weeks back Goatz made a Defiler raid just for a laugh, because we were bored and there was little happening. I think we ended up with something like 16-18 defilers. Woblah was right, it did end up being a total bust. We killed I think only 2 things (one of which was an RK healing stone). haha

Mitigation corruptions suck. Few (if any) actually use them, because we have only 6 slots to play with, and other more useful and desirable ones take priority. Also, few creep players ever, repeat, ever visit the class trainer to change their builds. There is so very little diversity in builds (and thus difference) on creepside, that there really is no such thing as 'retraiting'. You pick your build and stick with it. That's it. With the increased number of corruption slots available in HD that may change.
    Me personallydont have any legacies To improve bubbles. When i was the most active we didnt have the moral bubbles. If i dont remember wrong, Sudden defense was an ability To enade and parry!?

Most Champs i have seen dont traitsen full out dps. They choose gear and jewelleries With higher possible mitigation. Also trait virtues for most mitigation.. Why is this? Why arent we full out dps traited?

Me personally i changed when dots became a major part of ettens.... If i go solo, a ba and spiders dot damage are a killen for me... If i go full dps i end on a moral around 10k. One spider dot and 1 ba dot is between 150-270 each per tick. I can pot 1! Its just pointless for me To go full dps!

So many choose To go an Other way...

This is just the wrong turn for me.

Etten at lvl 50-60 compared To now... Miles apart...

On dots all freeps are relatively spoiled, freep dots hit much, much harder, some up to 1k per tick, and there are several varieties which can't be potted at all. But fair enough, in how ever people want to build their characters. Personally, and I think all creep dps classes are about the same, we go all out, no holds barred, 100% glass cannon builds. It is such on creepside that a defensive build does nothing to help you. It's the difference between dying in 3 seconds and 5 seconds. So it's glass cannon all the way. Maximum possible dps output. And tbh, that's how I would build my champ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    I totally agree with ur post Erlo and I 4 1 if asked by a raid leader wud trait however they wanted if I wasn't traited rite.
    healers shud heal, dps shud concentrate on dps and support shud always support the group.

altho that said we do have some dps defies in moors * looks at woblah, matty , goatz.........*

bring back the hour cd or even 30 mins cuz by then fites normally changed anyways.
    mayb its something we cud ask of our council members 2 reinstate?
    me dps I no those one shot ur dead skills I got are awesome :P

naughtybutnice is the one to look out for she got the moves like jagger to kill any freep on the spot ;p

Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    me dps I no those one shot ur dead skills I got are awesome :P

naughtybutnice is the one to look out for she got the moves like jagger to kill any freep on the spot ;p
    haha if I cud kiss 2 death ud all b dead rite now

Unfortunately, her mighty defiler stick does not even come close to the one held by the king of killing-blows Venomorf. A stick Venomorf found in the soil while plowing his fields around tol 3, where his cows graze peacefully within the boundaries of Veno's kingdom. Now the mighty Venomorf has left the Ettenmoors, it's just a matter of time before the cows start expending their territory southwards and occupy Hoarhallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrat View Post
    Unfortunately, her mighty defiler stick does not even come close to the one held by the king of killing-blows Venomorf. A stick Venomorf found in the soil while plowing his fields around tol 3, where his cows graze peacefully within the boundaries of Veno's kingdom. Now the mighty Venomorf has left the Ettenmoors, it's just a matter of time before the cows start expending their territory southwards and occupy Hoarhallow.
    Are you implying that Veno made efforts to protect Hobbitland? We knew you loved us all really.

Too.. much.. love..
    Must.. stay.. loyal.. to.. tooo.. Sau.. Sauro... ooohhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrat View Post
    u don't know where my stick has been

Want to appologies to Mrmatty for some, some what silly remarks.

I came to the conclution that its a never ending story discussing numbers with the enemy.

It has had the same result ever since i started playing 6 years ago.

Its an equation that doesnt add up!

I as many others get frustrated and spot out comment. its only human i guess..

@ Goatz.. Dont really know your frustration towards me. I honestly dislike someone that joins in to a discussion without any background facts and imo only tries to gain "extra points" with creep leaders. Puts you in a better situation i guess... If your comments towards me is based on a corpsejump.. Sorry then. But the comments u made about me as a person, not being intelligent... That has to stand for you...

No hard feelings towards you. just hope you next time you build up frustration towards a person base it on some facts u gathered yourself and not just jump in and point fingers as well....

/Erlo
    Last edited by Erlo; Nov 15 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Want to appologies to Mrmatty for some, some what silly remarks.

I came to the conclution that its a never ending story discussing numbers with the enemy.

It has had the same result ever since i started playing 6 years ago.

Its an equation that doesnt add up!

I as many others get frustrated and spot out comment. its only human i guess..

/Erlo
    no worry's apology accepted heat of the moment tends to happen a lot on this server and I will apology for any comments I have made that are out of order in anyway

Get a room you two!
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

I think that Mrmatty and Erlo should solve this with some spars at lc3.......best out of 5 or something, at least it would be more entertaining then reading this dreadfull forum where progress is a faint hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramadad View Post
    I think that Mrmatty and Erlo should solve this with some spars at lc3.......best out of 5 or something, at least it would be more entertaining then reading this dreadfull forum where progress is a faint hope.
    And who would you put your bet on, Rama? (need to get this thread going again).

This great question i cant answer in a sober condition, but since Mrmatty did trow me countless heals, i bet on him. No offence to Erlo.
    I did heard that Isengard bets 5g, and Master Afrohead trew in some shiny norborgs chitins which he collected around the known Tol2 area where countless of norborgs tried to fight back......but hope was gone. Afrohead was simpely too strong and fluffy.

Since im not gonna be online for the last ROR pvp day, i would still like it to be spectacular. Hope just everyone comes to ettens today, to pay respect to one of the worst foursome of all - AE op, Isen OP, HH op and our dear ROP. If the rumours are true, their buffs are going to distant lands, where, hopefully, our dark lord will have better use. I wish you ppl just flipp OPs for whole last day, cause you are not gonna have any job in next expansion. (Sakuro Haruna and other creep/freep outpost flippers).
    Kill each other, lag, get killed by missadventure, flipp, flipp ops, keeps, dof buffs and CRASH THE FKN SERVER!
    Hope all your freep clients crash and my fellow creeps can just pick all the points with no lag at all! <3

Just a thought....we had a fite going on last nite then bang! all servers went down.....creeps will b 95 when they log back in freeps ur gonna b 85........mayb time 2 map rite outta there as soon as u log

enjoy helms deep every1 when u get there!

c u on freepside 4 a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    Just a thought....we had a fite going on last nite then bang! all servers went down.....creeps will b 95 when they log back in freeps ur gonna b 85........mayb time 2 map rite outta there as soon as u log

enjoy helms deep every1 when u get there!

c u on freepside 4 a bit
    I thought of that and will be camping the fight areas while eating cookies and see lvl85 freeps log in one by one. Happy HD folks

Hehe. logged back on this morning and stood right infront of tir. Lucky me not one single person online.. Got to do all quests and managed to se 3 creeps for the 2 hours i was there

Got my last renown and finished off 23 quests, ready for handing with the expansion

See ya mid december for some more RVR.

Thanks all freeps and creeps for the good fun and nice action with RoR!

/Erlo

Page 108 of 150 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast