We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3750
  1. #2576
    peeps logged and we didn't have the numbers left to fite. that's why and it was a shame.
    we all ended up at grams and freeps multiplied (creeps had ON buff at that point) had a few runs up the hill but was getting late.

  2. #2577
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    There came a creep raid and was up for a short while. Pitty. Nice fight between tir gy and AEp. and one fight at tol east. But after that fight creeps disbanned.. Wonder why.. 1:1 in wipes so why!?
    There were 2 smaller groups and some solo's, not a full craid. It was a nice fight there at Isen2 idd, took a good while before the pendulum swung into creeps favour.
    After that we tried to form a craid but it did not fill even bringing in R1's didn't help, so it disbanded.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

  3. #2578
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    There came a creep raid and was up for a short while. Pitty. Nice fight between tir gy and AEp. and one fight at tol east. But after that fight creeps disbanned.. Wonder why.. 1:1 in wipes so why!
    I've been moonlighting on creep the last week or so ("Your mighty blow topples Erlo" - take that freep scum!) and it's entertaining to see both how it is different and how it is the same.

    One way it is the same is the OOC chat. It's just identical:

    * Freeps have a raid and creeps don't = lamers who have to group to fight solos (truth=no, the freep raid was wandering about waiting for a craid to form)
    * Craid finally forms but fraid nowhere to be seen = lamers disbanded as soon as we got organised (truth= no, they got bored of having nothing to fight)
    * Craid rolls over a handful of soloers around Lug/Tir = serves them right, they do it to us (truth=we whine when they do it to us)
    * Fraid finally forms and gets wiped, then comes back with 30+ = lamers won't fight without double our numbers (truth = sometimes one side has numbers, sometimes the other side does)

    You can swap the words "fraid/freep" and "craid/creep" around there and you'd have freep OOC in place of creep OOC.

    Last night the craid up between ~9 and ~10 UK time was never full and had quite a few low (ie red) ranks in it. Support of tribe group or two wasn't enough to make up the difference vs 30-35 freeps.

    One really interesting difference is that craids are much calmer places than fraids. Leader and RAT never shout, always controlled. Banter is better, more easy-going and good-natured (like when leader maps to wrong map point and gets reminded of the fact for the entire rest of the evening). More of a community feel, presumably because creep side is, in fact, more of a community.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

  4. #2579
    Tarmass (i just came up with this muahah so proud of myself ), which one is your creep? Or you keep it quiet/secret?
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  5. #2580
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post

    One really interesting difference is that craids are much calmer places than fraids. Leader and RAT never shout, always controlled. Banter is better, more easy-going and good-natured (like when leader maps to wrong map point and gets reminded of the fact for the entire rest of the evening). More of a community feel, presumably because creep side is, in fact, more of a community.
    We still love you Matty.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

  6. #2581
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    peeps logged and we didn't have the numbers left to fite. that's why and it was a shame.
    we all ended up at grams and freeps multiplied (creeps had ON buff at that point) had a few runs up the hill but was getting late.
    I logged creep after sharn disbanded first time to tell him, and the ooc on creep side that I would remake the freep raid
    in the hope to get some more action going, it seems sharn logged like 5 min after that and no other creep had the mood
    for making a creep raid. It might have been coincidence, but as soon sharn logged there were less creeps (read flippers)
    and more freeps (read flippers).
    To avoid ganking soloers I tried to wait as long as possible and I repeated multiple times that I was in no mood to hunt soloers
    with a raid, unlike some other raids. Next time i log creep to tell i will make a raid on Haruno i will ask for any creeps willing to make a creep
    1 aswell cause im in no mood to wait 20 mins for a freep raid to fill, only to hunt some solo creeps while most of them are afk at grams waiting
    for a raid leader to make a raid (u can try to make a raid urself.... yes it is a posibility)

    I moved out with 16-17 freeps in my raid total, and the amount of creeps afk at grams could easaly make a group to hit that number... Yes you would have been outnumbered a bit but I have been outnumbered all week when i was trying to fight a creep raid, so I dont see why creeps cant do the same (sharn does, so go ahead and try aswell). Cause atm its as if 20-30 peeps flip/log creep as soon sharn/rat has or is about to make a raid and as soon they are gone they all happely flip back or log off.

    Dont get me wrong, i dont blame the creeps, nor te freeps, but I blame those inbetween
    Last edited by Haruno; Nov 07 2013 at 10:21 AM.







  7. #2582
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    One really interesting difference is that craids are much calmer places than fraids. Leader and RAT never shout, always controlled. Banter is better, more easy-going and good-natured (like when leader maps to wrong map point and gets reminded of the fact for the entire rest of the evening). More of a community feel, presumably because creep side is, in fact, more of a community.
    The main reason I'll probably never go back to freep
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

  8. #2583
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by vr00mie View Post
    The main reason I'll probably never go back to freep
    I'll echo that. It was in the beginning a distraction, a bit of fun in trying something different. It turned out to be far, far better and more fun than I had ever imagined. I could never go back.

  9. #2584
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    I've been moonlighting on creep the last week or so ("Your mighty blow topples Erlo" - take that freep scum!)


    One really interesting difference is that craids are much calmer places than fraids. Leader and RAT never shout, always controlled. Banter is better, more easy-going and good-natured (like when leader maps to wrong map point and gets reminded of the fact for the entire rest of the evening). More of a community feel, presumably because creep side is, in fact, more of a community.

    and that's exactly why I love creepside and haven't logged my freeps in pvp since going there.

  10. #2585
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    We still love you Matty.
    wasn't me I don't do things like that u all mapped to the wrong place ;p

    @ everyone afk in grams , I personally wasn't in the mood for leading a raid and was watching arsenal play brussia Dortmund instead

    on a side note this week has been really poor action wise both sides where is everyone seems dead atm
    Mrmatty- R14 defiler

  11. #2586
    Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    wasn't me I don't do things like that u all mapped to the wrong place ;p

    @ everyone afk in grams , I personally wasn't in the mood for leading a raid and was watching arsenal play brussia Dortmund instead

    on a side note this week has been really poor action wise both sides where is everyone seems dead atm

    Oh? Quite? Hmm been action every time i have been on last 2 days atleast. Last sunday as well... But fights are short. Lag, nrs or just To late, makes it 1, Max 2 Battles before one side disbann...

    @Tarmas. Enjoy it mate. Creep side is alot of fun and very different. Atleast it is on Laurelin, where i have My creeps.. No need To shout on creep side. They know what To do. Follow RAT dont stretch raid etc. Whilst freeps often believe the are solo whilst in raid... Minding their own business.. ps. Judging by your freeps i limit ur creep down to choose between 2 classes
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

  12. #2587
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Oh? Quite? Hmm been action every time i have been on last 2 days atleast. Last sunday as well... But fights are short. Lag, nrs or just To late, makes it 1, Max 2 Battles before one side disbann...

    @Tarmas. Enjoy it mate. Creep side is alot of fun and very different. Atleast it is on Laurelin, where i have My creeps.. No need To shout on creep side. They know what To do. Follow RAT dont stretch raid etc. Whilst freeps often believe the are solo whilst in raid... Minding their own business.. ps. Judging by your freeps i limit ur creep down to choose between 2 classes
    I do not agree, it's just that creeps have less skills to use and a much higher margin of error so it's very likely that a few errors on that side will not lead to a wipe/defeat, while on freep side you have to keep focus high all the time, after all those who are just mediocre players which you don't really want on your raid on freep side, they become all of a sudden good players playing on creep side, the opposite is impossible, when you see someone who keeps messing after you explain what to do you can't avoid to shout if you want to avoid a wipe, especially when numbers are limited and you can't utilize the mother of all solutions: kick and replace.

    P.S.=when numbers and lag were different and creep raids were getting several wipes in a row, i've been told the raid leaders of those days were all but calm and in control...
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

  13. #2588
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    after all those who are just mediocre players which you don't really want on your raid on freep side
    Really?

    12345

  14. #2589
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    P.S.=when numbers and lag were different and creep raids were getting several wipes in a row, i've been told the raid leaders of those days were all but calm and in control...
    Sometimes yes that happens, emotions happen. But often times creep raids can't simply 'kick and replace'. There is no global to recruit from, and we are left with having to make do what we have.

  15. #2590
    sorry am I right in thinking odo you just said the less skills we creeps have the less chance in wiping and freeps will wipe more because they have more skills to mess up on, im confused any1 elce?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000007b9ca/signature.png]Blindings[/charsig]

  16. #2591
    I believe the post above was referring to my raid: 13 creeps vs 15 freeps (iirc) at tir2/isen2. That was a really fun fight, we enjoyed it a lot. I was hoping for some more of the same as, although the raids weren't full, it was still some good fighting and I was pleased with my group for doing so well. Alas, we were told that there were 34 on track at GV. What can I do against that?

    I tried to fill the raid but there weren't enough people on or interested. I'm not Sharn/Webbs/Blinds/Ratty/Matty - I try to lead when it's needed but I'm still learning and people die. i don't know if this contributed to people not joining up (He's not a proper raid leader, I'm not joining) or whether there were just not enough online. We certainly got ON buff soon after that.

    As I couldn't fill raid and I wasn't leading 13 creeps to be farmed by 34 I had to disband. Shame really as the encounters had been fun until then.

    I'm not an established raid leader and I admit I'm not a perfect one but I do try.
    Goatz - Bringer of Milk, Lover of Mreza, Sniffer of Hairy Toes

  17. #2592
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    I do not agree, it's just that creeps have less skills to use and a much higher margin of error so it's very likely that a few errors on that side will not lead to a wipe/defeat, while on freep side you have to keep focus high all the time, after all those who are just mediocre players which you don't really want on your raid on freep side, they become all of a sudden good players playing on creep side, the opposite is impossible, when you see someone who keeps messing after you explain what to do you can't avoid to shout if you want to avoid a wipe, especially when numbers are limited and you can't utilize the mother of all solutions: kick and replace.
    This is so much the complete opposite of the truth that I had to read it a couple of times to make sure there wasn't a language breakdown.

    A wider variety of skills, greater burst dps and more survival skills can make a very average freep player look good. Fewer skills, less burst dps and fewer survival skills mean that a bad creep player is no more use to themselves or their raid than an npc. And that ignores the fact that creeps don't even have most of their best skills until rank 8 or 9. Up till at least rank 6 (maybe higher) a moderately well-geared freep is so much more powerful than a creep of the same rank, that the comparison isn't even funny.

    Seriously Odo, you need to get onto creep and widen your horizons. You are a nice guy and I think you get unfair abuse, but you are misguidedly one-sided in your views.
    Last edited by Tarmas_Eldar; Nov 08 2013 at 08:19 PM.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

  18. #2593
    But creeps are overpowered, they all have rank 15 brands...

  19. #2594
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirobelle View Post
    i don't know if this contributed to people not joining up (He's not a proper raid leader, I'm not joining) or whether there were just not enough online.
    Nah, i just didnt joined cause you are borring as $hit man. Cant stand you and that silly voice of yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    but you are just as misguidedly one-sided in your views as Mreza (and without the humour).
    Uhm, thank you?
    I really think that this level of "not_giving_a_fk"-ness needs to be practised, cause im obvious a pro now.
    And you need to speak at least once with me or just spend 2 minutes in game near me to see what do i think and speak in this game.
    Uzfang once said to Wardrat (who shares your opinion about me, as far as i can remember) something, few pages earlier, that describes the "role" i play over here.
    Still, im not offended, just dont agree with you.
    Cheers
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  20. #2595
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Uzfang once said to Wardrat (who shares your opinion about me, as far as i can remember) something, few pages earlier, that describes the "role" i play over here.
    No offence was intended. You are very one-sided in your views but I do recognise the humour and role-playing aspect to your posts.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

  21. #2596
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    No offence was intended. You are very one-sided in your views but I do recognise the humour and role-playing aspect to your posts.
    Tarmas if all you recognise is brekkas humuor and role play then that equals you as one sided as well, if you were to take his point into consideration then you would be as you say on the fence.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000007b9ca/signature.png]Blindings[/charsig]

  22. #2597
    I've edited the Mreza remark out of my post because it was intended merely as a light-hearted tease but it's not been taken as such and is detracting from the point of the post.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

  23. #2598
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    I've edited the Mreza remark out of my post because it was intended merely as a light-hearted tease but it's not been taken as such and is detracting from the point of the post.
    No need for that m8, i still expect you to invite me to group when you play your creep.
    And wanted to edit myself :
    I was offended actually. You comparing me with ODO?! FFS, whats next, you are gonna tell me i look like Razzguzz?! I mean.. That was harsh :'(

    ;D
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  24. #2599
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    I do not agree, it's just that creeps have less skills to use and a much higher margin of error so it's very likely that a few errors on that side will not lead to a wipe/defeat, while on freep side you have to keep focus high all the time, after all those who are just mediocre players which you don't really want on your raid on freep side, they become all of a sudden good players playing on creep side, the opposite is impossible, when you see someone who keeps messing after you explain what to do you can't avoid to shout if you want to avoid a wipe, especially when numbers are limited and you can't utilize the mother of all solutions: kick and replace.

    P.S.=when numbers and lag were different and creep raids were getting several wipes in a row, i've been told the raid leaders of those days were all but calm and in control...
    Doesnt matter what rank or how experienced freeps are. Many of us are just not giving a f about that They are in a raid.. I feel like a sheppard sometimes. Freeps are everywhere in the raid. If you dont shout and repeat stuff like, dont just Run around and hit random targets, stay close To skull, They would be everywhere.. Frustration builds up.

    Today as an example.. On the paper a very good raid, but almost impossible To get To work together. To many Times' it took up To 10 seconds for people To swapp To a new target... Even if target is called out by name, i inform there is a new target on the rat. I spam raidshouts With targets name...

    One reason i believe , why creeps raid better is because They have To work together... A semi disorientated freep raid could faceroll the keyboard and still stay Alive and do ok in a fight. Whilst if that happened on creep side They would get totalt owned.

    All our skills and burst Should make us win 100/100 equal nr fights. We dont. We need To improve!

    Its been what 6 years of etten. Many of us has played 100s of hours... We Should know this by now... How on earth are we To make fun tactics, improvise things and take stuff on the Run, if we cant do the basis things, like move together, following rat, regroup fast..
    A
    No wonder creeps think we disbanned as it takes us 5 min To move from gy To tir main.. Some go To ost for a quest or two... People stuck behind trees due To have been on follow the last 5 mins....
    A
    Maybe time To go back To guide of the ettenmoors raids again. Where we go rat practising, ball up etc...

    Shouldnt have To be like that after so many years.. But hey, if we want To move on To some fun stuff we need the basic sorter..

    We can burn a tyrant down in 15 secs, but we struggle To get a Warg down that run through the raid...
    Last edited by Erlo; Nov 08 2013 at 08:39 PM.
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

  25. #2600
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Doesnt matter what rank or how experienced freeps are. Many of us are just not giving a f about that They are in a raid.. I feel like a sheppard sometimes. Freeps are everywhere in the raid. If you dont shout and repeat stuff like, dont just Run around and hit random targets, stay close To skull, They would be everywhere.. Frustration builds up.

    Today as an example.. On the paper a very good raid, but almost impossible To get To work together. To many Times' it took up To 10 seconds for people To swapp To a new target... Even if target is called out by name, i inform there is a new target on the rat. I spam raidshouts With targets name...

    One reason i believe , why creeps raid better is because They have To work together... A semi disorientated freep raid could faceroll the keyboard and still stay Alive and do ok in a fight. Whilst if that happened on creep side They would get totalt owned.

    All our skills and burst Should make us win 100/100 equal nr fights. We dont. We need To improve!

    Its been what 6 years of etten. Many of us has played 100s of hours... We Should know this by now... How on earth are we To make fun tactics, improvise things and take stuff on the Run, if we cant do the basis things, like move together, following rat, regroup fast..
    A
    No wonder creeps think we disbanned as it takes us 5 min To move from gy To tir main.. Some go To ost for a quest or two... People stuck behind trees due To have been on follow the last 5 mins....
    A
    Maybe time To go back To guide of the ettenmoors raids again. Where we go rat practising, ball up etc...

    Shouldnt have To be like that after so many years.. But hey, if we want To move on To some fun stuff we need the basic sorter..

    We can burn a tyrant down in 15 secs, but we struggle To get a Warg down that run through the raid...
    Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

    Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,

    I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

    A day may come when the courage of men fails,

    when we forsake our friends

    and break all bonds of fellowship,

    but it is not this day.

    An hour of wolves and shattered shields,

    when the age of men comes crashing down,

    but it is not this day!

    This day we fight!

    By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

    I bid you stand, Men of the West!

    may b a little more inspiring

 

 
Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload