We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3750
  1. #2526
    Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    lol we was 2v2 in hhop then u ran unmog was running to the into the op wen u started to sprint lol where u get 4 from is funny in it self u had a hunter we killed it then we went on u.

    fair enough u was in group already u, but felt like u called it in and it back fired so
    The Ba was just eating kindlings around the op? He was the first that came up inside the OP with you we fighting tyrant in op... We were 7 you guys were 15 at tir. u had 3 ops we had 1. We wiped one to many times so we wanted to swapp ops. Whats so hard to understand with that. If you want to fight unfair and have 3 ops for creeps with twice the numbers. Then so be it. But dont pretend your brave by doing it!

    Sigh why do i continue this.

    For the official Forum record. Mr matty was actually alone and the OP was blue and he was on 100 moral. I came in and he just closed his eyes and wished me dead and i died. I later called in 2 full raids and tried to gank him. It backfired and we all ran in to 1 shotters and Mr matty dinged rank 15!!

    Honestly. Im not trying to make me look good in any way or twist the truth! I was curious to why i got corpsejumped Where i come from, u corpsejump someone you dislike due to gameplay or because this person always runs to 1 shotters or calls for ganksquad.... I dont mind dying but ofc i run like a headless chicken to all help i can get when i am outnr.... may it be 2,4,10.. I dont got selfheals and slowimmunities and brands. If 3 charges me im dead! You are not, you can run with 10 on you from lug gy to grams if you want.....

    If you got some built up frustration from the RvR earlier or the fact that you killed me in HH and i gave back on Ugmog? For us it didnt backfire Mrmatty. we got the ba, Ugmog and 2 reavers in the process. You we didnt bother about as you ran, only to come back when the rest mapped back. 2 sides of 1 story!

    It never ever looks the same... go back to codemasters forums and read page 4 on the first thread, visit other servers pvmp forums.. Never same story!

    I dont give a damn if we wiped all night! If you had 5 in your raid earlier. Im here to fight, kill and get killed. But where i come from corpsejumping means something and i was curious to why i got jumped by you and Ugmog. I got my answer. The rest is history for me!

    New day tomorrow and new raids!

  2. #2527
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    The Ba was just eating kindlings around the op? He was the first that came up inside the OP with you we fighting tyrant in op... We were 7 you guys were 15 at tir. u had 3 ops we had 1. We wiped one to many times so we wanted to swapp ops. Whats so hard to understand with that. If you want to fight unfair and have 3 ops for creeps with twice the numbers. Then so be it. But dont pretend your brave by doing it!

    Sigh why do i continue this.

    For the official Forum record. Mr matty was actually alone and the OP was blue and he was on 100 moral. I came in and he just closed his eyes and wished me dead and i died. I later called in 2 full raids and tried to gank him. It backfired and we all ran in to 1 shotters and Mr matty dinged rank 15!!

    Honestly. Im not trying to make me look good in any way or twist the truth! I was curious to why i got corpsejumped Where i come from, u corpsejump someone you dislike due to gameplay or because this person always runs to 1 shotters or calls for ganksquad.... I dont mind dying but ofc i run like a headless chicken to all help i can get when i am outnr.... may it be 2,4,10.. I dont got selfheals and slowimmunities and brands. If 3 charges me im dead! You are not, you can run with 10 on you from lug gy to grams if you want.....

    If you got some built up frustration from the RvR earlier or the fact that you killed me in HH and i gave back on Ugmog? For us it didnt backfire Mrmatty. we got the ba, Ugmog and 2 reavers in the process. You we didnt bother about as you ran, only to come back when the rest mapped back. 2 sides of 1 story!

    It never ever looks the same... go back to codemasters forums and read page 4 on the first thread, visit other servers pvmp forums.. Never same story!

    I dont give a damn if we wiped all night! If you had 5 in your raid earlier. Im here to fight, kill and get killed. But where i come from corpsejumping means something and i was curious to why i got jumped by you and Ugmog. I got my answer. The rest is history for me!

    New day tomorrow and new raids!
    that's why I mention that we came in the op erlo 2v2 as there was a hunter in there with you lol? then wen u sprint rat walked throught the gate of the op so we chased you into hh!!

    so we had more than u all of a sudden at tir ... its only coz u all split up and had npcs on u that u died so seem a lot more lol , as I have said many time I rather leave ops 2-2 if they were like u say they were 3-1 then u go take one op back not to make it 4-0 to u like u was going to before we stopped u,

    erlo I think I speak for most we would like to no what ur on coz u live in a fantasy land m8 u really do, where did I mention I was alone lol like im the big hero to save the day ( although you be speaking near the truth there ./cheer )

    well it sure does look like your trying to make yourself look good , its funny most the night I saw u run before people were all dead around tr and then didn't come back till u had sprint and bubbles back up again so brave yourself!

    I got no frustration about the raid you guys won I said well done wasn't going to carry on whn u clearly had the advantage 3-1 for us didn't make adifference as we didn't have numbers or strength to what u had, but we had a ago regardless

    and as for what u said at the end about not getting me unmog called it in as there was only 3 of us yes 3 of us there when we saw u charge u finally killed rat the ba stayed alive as I was grouped with the ba anyways, u then ran after me so I kited u and others trying to hit me round the trees so I didn't run away I saw people coming to help us then come back and we fighted u ran to gy once it was other but u didn't quite make it `the end`
    Last edited by crockett1986; Nov 01 2013 at 06:00 AM.

  3. #2528
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    The Ba was just eating kindlings around the op? He was the first that came up inside the OP with you we fighting tyrant in op... We were 7 you guys were 15 at tir. u had 3 ops we had 1. We wiped one to many times so we wanted to swapp ops. Whats so hard to understand with that. If you want to fight unfair and have 3 ops for creeps with twice the numbers. Then so be it. But dont pretend your brave by doing it!

    Sigh why do i continue this.
    Erlo don't waste your time and your health, with 90% of the creeps who write here is impossible to have a normal human conversation, they just manipulate the facts to put their own interests first, some examples:

    1- They are 50 against freeps with buff on, and call us chicken for trying to defend a keep;
    2- Freeps can't use ANY skill but just run around (the luckiest, the unluckiest can't even move) while creeps have some lag yes, but can reach you, hit you and kill you, they say "we were lagging the same of you, it's just a pathetic justification for your wipe";
    3- That one single day they have the same lag, that doesn't lead to a wipe for them but in a draw since both sides can't hit, they storm the forum complaining how ###### are the turbine servers;
    4- They call us unfair for trying to get one more op while for the whole evening they fought with double our numbers and taking a third op and so on...

    Now a normal honest person what is supposed to do? How can i have a serious confrontation with someone who claims he abandoned the pvp and the server and you see him few days later on the same place with a different name? It's just impossible to me, this forum is mainly used to cry, qq, complain and insult other players, if someone wants to have a proper conversation about etten and pvp feel free to send me a tell/mail in game instead.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

  4. #2529
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mazauk's den
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    Erlo don't waste your time and your health, with 90% of the creeps who write here is impossible to have a normal human conversation, they just manipulate the facts to put their own interests first, some examples:

    1- They are 50 against freeps with buff on, and call us chicken for trying to defend a keep;
    2- Freeps can't use ANY skill but just run around (the luckiest, the unluckiest can't even move) while creeps have some lag yes, but can reach you, hit you and kill you, they say "we were lagging the same of you, it's just a pathetic justification for your wipe";
    3- That one single day they have the same lag, that doesn't lead to a wipe for them but in a draw since both sides can't hit, they storm the forum complaining how ###### are the turbine servers;
    4- They call us unfair for trying to get one more op while for the whole evening they fought with double our numbers and taking a third op and so on...

    Now a normal honest person what is supposed to do? How can i have a serious confrontation with someone who claims he abandoned the pvp and the server and you see him few days later on the same place with a different name? It's just impossible to me, this forum is mainly used to cry, qq, complain and insult other players, if someone wants to have a proper conversation about etten and pvp feel free to send me a tell/mail in game instead.
    Ive seen your kind before but not at your level. And you are rank 15? I'm still wondering if you are for real or if you are just trolling us all? :P
    With all respect ofc, it would be unfair of me to judge you since I only know you from fights in pvp. I agree with you about one thing tho, it's hard to have a proper conversation with people on a forum..
    Last edited by grapez; Nov 01 2013 at 10:02 AM.

  5. #2530
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    Erlo don't waste your time and your health, with 90% of the creeps who write here is impossible to have a normal human conversation, they just manipulate the facts to put their own interests first, some examples:

    1- They are 50 against freeps with buff on, and call us chicken for trying to defend a keep;
    2- Freeps can't use ANY skill but just run around (the luckiest, the unluckiest can't even move) while creeps have some lag yes, but can reach you, hit you and kill you, they say "we were lagging the same of you, it's just a pathetic justification for your wipe";
    3- That one single day they have the same lag, that doesn't lead to a wipe for them but in a draw since both sides can't hit, they storm the forum complaining how ###### are the turbine servers;
    4- They call us unfair for trying to get one more op while for the whole evening they fought with double our numbers and taking a third op and so on...

    Now a normal honest person what is supposed to do? How can i have a serious confrontation with someone who claims he abandoned the pvp and the server and you see him few days later on the same place with a different name? It's just impossible to me, this forum is mainly used to cry, qq, complain and insult other players, if someone wants to have a proper conversation about etten and pvp feel free to send me a tell/mail in game instead.
    are you for real? manipulate the facts ? u wasn't even there at lc 1 not that I saw anyways, maybe at tir but u was the one right at the back running to gv.

    1- o wait we never had on buff and tried to defend a keep against u? lol
    2- u honestly think freeps are the only ones with lag , may I suggest u come on creep and prove ur self wrong we have the same lag as u so stop using that as an excuse because u wipe etc
    3 - coz we aren't so quick to complain like u we try to get on with it just because we don't run to the forums and cry doesn't mean we havnt had the same lag as u always.
    4 - again you have never done this? u have never taken all the ops camped us at grams with ur raids? there is always soloers out who take the od op

    then why do u still write on the forums and qq and cry when its the same for everyone


    jog on

  6. #2531
    Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    are you for real? manipulate the facts ? u wasn't even there at lc 1 not that I saw anyways, maybe at tir but u was the one right at the back running to gv.

    1- o wait we never had on buff and tried to defend a keep against u? lol
    2- u honestly think freeps are the only ones with lag , may I suggest u come on creep and prove ur self wrong we have the same lag as u so stop using that as an excuse because u wipe etc
    3 - coz we aren't so quick to complain like u we try to get on with it just because we don't run to the forums and cry doesn't mean we havnt had the same lag as u always.
    4 - again you have never done this? u have never taken all the ops camped us at grams with ur raids? there is always soloers out who take the od op

    then why do u still write on the forums and qq and cry when its the same for everyone


    jog on
    Its hillarious this. We were both there at tir and later roaming around the map. Its funny how the stories are so different. The Battles freeps win, creeps come up With a story that describes it totalt different. And vice versa.

    These stories are so not matching. Reason? I have one idea and thats because people cant accept a loss. The stories are different for every fight. Winning side story and looser side story.

    Looser side story ALWAYS tries To take the glory off the winning . May it be lag, Numbers, ops. What ever.... But only a hand full of people do actually accept the defekt and say well played To the Other side... Im not always one of those.. Most are a mix of both...

    @mrmatty, im not on anything. It was irony, i made up story! Just To illustrate how different your view is from mine!

    You dont have ur facts right. At op first person i engaged was a ba. Zilinder something. Rank 9 ba, you and ugmog. Hunter died directly and ofc i Run. I try To get away.... Dont have To justify that for you.. Or anyone Else.

    Regarding My playstyle. I raid 95% of the time. Do i Run when solo from 15 creeps. Ofc i do! So do you, so whats your point? Still am To see you solo since i started To play again... Should i judge you for that? No!

    If you want your trademark To be a corpse jumper, so be it! I dont care. I pvp in ettens and i try To kill what ever i see where ever i see it! If you had any idea of My princips in ettens the last 6 years i would care of your words. But you seem To have no clue. Either you didnt play 4 years ago nor enough last months. I dont care about dof buffs, pve in general in ettens. Sure i do take keeps To have more options for rvr, To even out fights... So please dont judge My playstyle without a clue!

  7. #2532
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Its hillarious this. We were both there at tir and later roaming around the map. Its funny how the stories are so different. The Battles freeps win, creeps come up With a story that describes it totalt different. And vice versa.

    These stories are so not matching. Reason? I have one idea and thats because people cant accept a loss. The stories are different for every fight. Winning side story and looser side story.

    Looser side story ALWAYS tries To take the glory off the winning . May it be lag, Numbers, ops. What ever.... But only a hand full of people do actually accept the defekt and say well played To the Other side... Im not always one of those.. Most are a mix of both...

    @mrmatty, im not on anything. It was irony, i made up story! Just To illustrate how different your view is from mine!

    You dont have ur facts right. At op first person i engaged was a ba. Zilinder something. Rank 9 ba, you and ugmog. Hunter died directly and ofc i Run. I try To get away.... Dont have To justify that for you.. Or anyone Else.

    Regarding My playstyle. I raid 95% of the time. Do i Run when solo from 15 creeps. Ofc i do! So do you, so whats your point? Still am To see you solo since i started To play again... Should i judge you for that? No!

    If you want your trademark To be a corpse jumper, so be it! I dont care. I pvp in ettens and i try To kill what ever i see where ever i see it! If you had any idea of My princips in ettens the last 6 years i would care of your words. But you seem To have no clue. Either you didnt play 4 years ago nor enough last months. I dont care about dof buffs, pve in general in ettens. Sure i do take keeps To have more options for rvr, To even out fights... So please dont judge My playstyle without a clue!
    lol get my facts right? hang so now there isn't 4 people at hh op? can u make up ur mind up please? u keep changing ur story.......

    you havnt seen me solo well I suggest u look abit harder erlo I be solo must the time but not wen u have groups up charging tir bk door against soloers or running around in ur group like last night ,
    why am I going to stay by self and try not to fight bk?

    nah I don't normally cj at all only people who have done it to me as a lol u didn't get me this time. u it was because I thought u called it in and it didn't succeed I said I was sry if it wasn't that ^^ that was it
    i wasn't here 4 years ago on ur server so i don't no or really care wat u was like then its the present how u act now. but i will judge ur play style why u have a group up and feel the need to take 4ops when we was about the same numbers just before lc1 fight ? not really even is it?

  8. #2533
    @Erlo and @Mrmatty

    You are both nice guys, stop arguing. Fog of war and all that...

  9. #2534
    Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    Erlo don't waste your time and your health, with 90% of the creeps who write here is impossible to have a normal human conversation, they just manipulate the facts to put their own interests first, some examples:

    1- They are 50 against freeps with buff on, and call us chicken for trying to defend a keep;
    2- Freeps can't use ANY skill but just run around (the luckiest, the unluckiest can't even move) while creeps have some lag yes, but can reach you, hit you and kill you, they say "we were lagging the same of you, it's just a pathetic justification for your wipe";
    3- That one single day they have the same lag, that doesn't lead to a wipe for them but in a draw since both sides can't hit, they storm the forum complaining how ###### are the turbine servers;
    4- They call us unfair for trying to get one more op while for the whole evening they fought with double our numbers and taking a third op and so on...

    Now a normal honest person what is supposed to do? How can i have a serious confrontation with someone who claims he abandoned the pvp and the server and you see him few days later on the same place with a different name? It's just impossible to me, this forum is mainly used to cry, qq, complain and insult other players, if someone wants to have a proper conversation about etten and pvp feel free to send me a tell/mail in game instead.
    I will ansa the bullet points as u put them

    1 - no that's just u, mayb if u didn't use df/hobbit stealth, hobbit silence as much to get away from a fite u wudnt b called a chicken
    2 - play creep when theres lots about esp in rvr then u can say we don't have lag on both sides until then believe wot many many creeps tell u its server wide not side wide
    3 - its always been there not just 1 day
    4 - when ur not playing ops are usually more balanced

    its a forum wot do u expect other than cry, qq insults but quite often we have a laugh here and can converse with freeps/creeps we don't normally talk 2 ingame. And why on earth, middle or otherwise wud any1 send a tell and talk about pvp 2 some1 so biased and close minded as u odo? 2 properly appreciate ettens and wot goes on there u shud really c both sides.....u mite b surprised 2 find out they're not so dif.
    Last edited by Deniorona; Nov 01 2013 at 04:55 PM.

  10. #2535
    Ta for a some what different evening.

    Thanks for trying to get a raid going Egis, but having a full raid and ON buff for both fights is fighting uphill! Freeps did a good try and we enjoyed the OP flipping all night! Freeps need to buy new new OP credits so we can keep 2 for more then 5 mins. Seems turbine doesnt take freep coins anymore!

  11. #2536
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Ta for a some what different evening.

    Thanks for trying to get a raid going Egis, but having a full raid and ON buff for both fights is fighting uphill! Freeps did a good try and we enjoyed the OP flipping all night! Freeps need to buy new new OP credits so we can keep 2 for more then 5 mins. Seems turbine doesnt take freep coins anymore!

    turbine has been taken by sarumans army didn't u know erlo? haven't u seen the signs of evil? the store was the start and ettens map change another and now skill trees r coming! sauron is getting stronger as we speak and black days r coming and the shadow is growing

    I logged after 10 mins, found the tir- gv fite boring so shame u guys didn't have the numbers as it was the 1st nite I was able 2 log and play a while. went 2 bed with a gud dvd and some munchies instead

  12. #2537
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    turbine has been taken by sarumans army didn't u know erlo? haven't u seen the signs of evil? the store was the start and ettens map change another and now skill trees r coming! sauron is getting stronger as we speak and black days r coming and the shadow is growing

    I logged after 10 mins, found the tir- gv fite boring so shame u guys didn't have the numbers as it was the 1st nite I was able 2 log and play a while. went 2 bed with a gud dvd and some munchies instead
    sounds much more entertaining indeed lol :P

  13. #2538
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    175
    single reason why we wiped yesterday and they day(s) before was is just because there are more creeps in the big battles than freeps. I think a decent bunch of freeps swapped to creep side as soon (or before) they had the dof buffs(and no, I cant ninja dof buffs all day).

    Yes freeps lag slightly more, but when peeps wipe due lag it is often due the much larger opposite force and not just because of the lag. Hence why u see both freeps and creeps qq about lag when the other side has more players, hence why I say you should play both sides to experience both sides else you got subjective arguments, which I see too much nowadays on these forums.
    When being out numbered by a big ratio, 2:2 or 3:1 OPs wont make much difference. Fighting at keeps is most of the time not the best idea for the loosing force either, since u will have more lag, which means for freeps for example that u wont even have the chance to get out of the blight, hence why I dont think fighting at tir BD is a good idea.

    How lame it might sound, best to avoid qq of being ON and wiping because of it, is not moving out untill you have 2 raids or wait till the other side to gets bored and reduces its numbers, or just try fighting and embracing an obvious death. Dont get me wrong, I dont mind dieing, but before I die I would like to take some enemies down with me. And not 4-5 creeps in 4 RvR battles.

    I still prefer they way we did it in SoA when both sides tried to get rid of big amount of followers when either side was badly outnumbered, but since we have lot of tribe/kin groups following nowadays, most people wont like that idea, which ofcourse is quite understandable if there is not much else to fight.
    Last edited by Haruno; Nov 02 2013 at 07:15 AM.

  14. #2539
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruno View Post
    Yes freeps lag slightly more..
    But do they? Do they though? That's the question. I honestly believe this type of lag, which contributes to skill-lag etc, is simply the product of being outnumbered. So the lag would be the same for which ever side is outnumbered. I won't dispute that freeps' lag is worse if that really IS the case, but I've yet to see any evidence of it other than vague claims and generalizations.

  15. #2540
    LISTEN F-IN UP!
    The 99,99999% of lag is because of amount of dots and debuffs on target you clicked on. Freep side lag more cause you smarta$$es decided to not reveal who is your raid/group RAT. If you want to get your lag down, start targeting through the RAT, not directly on the player.
    That other part of lag is the same for both sides, Odo, either learn something about programing and how stuff works, or ####. Jesuuuus...
    We all know the game is old, and their servers are bad, but if u want to fight on that Area-borders and target directly on enemy in 40vs40 situation, shut up and stay stupid.
    Do what you CAN and than QQ. If u dont do anything to make it better, you have no right to comment.

  16. #2541
    Only thing that tells me that freeps experience more lag in huge fights is!

    In every big battle i have been in With close To 2 full raids on both sides. The outcome has always been the same. Total wipe of freep side. Been in fights With 2 full freep raids at tol beach a few Times. Its has everytime ended in 0-2,3 kills for freeps and total wipe. 48 freeps dead! Why is the outcome always this when we have lagfest?

    No matter how much you wish it To be that creeps played well that isnt entirely true. Not according To yourselves as well. Freeps are op, we have higher dps, better heals etc etc etc.

    In a 48 vs 48 fight With equal lag freeps Should wipe the floor With the creeps, no? All previous posts points towards that the outcome in huge fights With equal amount of lag is in huge favour for freeps. As this isnt the case the lag cant be the same

  17. #2542

    CJ

    So Erlo,
    you came on here a day ago looking for an explanation as to why you were CJed....

    Here I am looking for mine.
    Last nigh I run to cookie rock towards where the fight had been and see you fighting zlinder. I healed her and we fought and killed you. It happens.
    Next I'm getting twated by hesai's insane dps and you turn up. "OK" I think "Swings and roundabouts. It happens to us all". You guys killed me -fair enough-but then I get CJed by you? why? what did I do?

    In your post you said you don't like CJing as it's disrespectful and I think that too. I never do it, even to people who have annoyed me. I don't agree with it.
    So can I have an explanation please?

    Goatz

  18. #2543
    You learn while you live.

    Seems there are no codex anymore for anything. Loads of empty words and fake realities... Oh we always keep 2-2 in ops.. Bl.a. Bl.a. Bl.a..

    Yes enjoyed the "1vs1" With zil... Until you came up and turned the tide. So when it was the Other way around when My awesome dps together With the rnk.. It was just me saying. Hello, got you. See ya!

    Im just geting fedup With all hypocrits so i become one myself!

  19. #2544
    So you're saying that despite thinking that CJing is disrespectful it's ok to do it anyway as a 1vs1 got interrupted in open ground near a group fight?
    I've no idea how many good 1vs1s I've had have been ruined cos others (freeps or creeps) turned up and zerged, it but I still don't feel the need to CJ everyone that's ever done it to me.

    Ettens is a pvp area. If you 1vs1 in open terrain near a group fight and you expect that a healer running past isn't going to heal a player with less than half health then you need to re-evaluate your views mate. And if you think that CJing is an acceptable way to say "Hello, got you. See ya!" then don't come on here whining that you got CJed and demanding an explanation.

  20. #2545
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    The 99,99999% of lag is because of amount of dots and debuffs on target you clicked on. Freep side lag more cause you smarta$$es decided to not reveal who is your raid/group RAT. If you want to get your lag down, start targeting through the RAT, not directly on the player.
    No it isn't, it's because Turbine's service provider doesn't give them enough bandwidth and because Turbine's server architecture is very inefficient. The bandwidth issue might be because of ongoing power struggles between high-level ISPs which Turbine can do nothing about. Or it might be because Turbine are cutting corners on the amount of cross-Atlantic bandwidth they buy. The server architecture issue is both a legacy of a 6.5yr old game and because Turbine are tight-fisted.

    The RAT thing came about because creeps realised that freep raids always had the same RATs - Erlo, Faerdo, Sydney or me. We noticed creep healers targeting us and healing through us. Smart creepsies! So we did three things - firstly, me and Sydney just hit random stuff, which was fun, secondly some freep leaders changed RAT regularly (every fight sometimes) and thirdly people are told to target directly not through RAT. Not all freep leaders do these things and we had lag problems before, during and after all the different approaches.

    I think Gwyndor is right - the outnumbered side gets worse lag. Or at least, the outnumbered side comes out worst.

    It's not helped by people calling all sorts of things lag which aren't anything to do with the server problem. If your FPS drops to 5, that's your GFX card failing to cope. If you have loss of even 1% or 200 latency, your connection sucks. If you get rubber-banding, that's probably a server line. If you get huge skill-activation delay and everything stands still even though you can still move around, that's server lag - THIS is the problem one.

  21. #2546
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    No it isn't, it's because Turbine's service provider doesn't give them enough bandwidth and because Turbine's server architecture is very inefficient. The bandwidth issue might be because of ongoing power struggles between high-level ISPs which Turbine can do nothing about.
    Is that ISP issue a fact Tarm, and if so, do you have any links on that?

    Or it might be because Turbine are cutting corners on the amount of cross-Atlantic bandwidth they buy.
    I don't think thats the issue, when I play on Brandywine, wich is a former US based server populated with many US players, they experience the same Ettenmoors wide laggy moments as I do. If the cross-Atlantic bandwidth would be narrow I should suffer more/more often of those lag-moments.

    It's not helped by people calling all sorts of things lag which aren't anything to do with the server problem. If your FPS drops to 5, that's your GFX card failing to cope. If you have loss of even 1% or 200 latency, your connection sucks. If you get rubber-banding, that's probably a server line. If you get huge skill-activation delay and everything stands still even though you can still move around, that's server lag - THIS is the problem one.
    It doesn't really matter what the correct description of the 'lag' is, if many people experience it at the same moments I figure the problem lies with Turbine, not with the players. I feel a part of the lag is due to all kinds of special effects, buffs/debuffs/gearswapping, I think all these influences need to be calculated and recalculated to all characters in range, like the old first contact lag we had back in the old days, and the more people involved the more complex these calculations become. Without recoding the game to be more efficient this lag-effect will only get worse as Turbine keeps introducing more special effects.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

  22. #2547
    Recorded yesterday's spars, thanks to all participants.

    Last edited by Anwenil; Nov 03 2013 at 08:02 AM.

  23. #2548
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    The RAT thing came about because creeps realised that freep raids always had the same RATs - Erlo, Faerdo, Sydney or me. We noticed creep healers targeting us and healing through us. Smart creepsies! So we did three things - firstly, me and Sydney just hit random stuff, which was fun, secondly some freep leaders changed RAT regularly (every fight sometimes) and thirdly people are told to target directly not through RAT. Not all freep leaders do these things and we had lag problems before, during and after all the different approaches.
    So, *LAG* vs *Revealing who your RAT is* (and creeps healing through you), and you choose lag. OK. I do not.
    Why dont you heal through our RAT when you know it? Its too easy or..?

    As i already said, it is old game,we all know that, and before there was not this much lag, and yes Turbine should pump up their hamsters, as Emcha always like to say, but lets do our part to help ourself before they do something to improve it. If i click on raids target directly, i can go take a shower and eat something before i can get back to play. And i have one of the best PCs players here do have, with not the best, but 5mbs internet connection. Than i can say "No one lags like me, this is crazy, omg". But no, i agree with others something needs to be done, instead of crying all around as a group or quiting the game, do what we can, target through someone else, you will notice the emprovement right that second. I can guarantee that.


    P.S. For the ppl that spar often, make the thread on forums, for each of the class in game (freep or creep) and write down which skills are acceptable and which one isnt. That should clear some things up, when i dare to step over there and confront you.

  24. #2549
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    P.S. For the ppl that spar often, make the thread on forums, for each of the class in game (freep or creep) and write down which skills are acceptable and which one isnt. That should clear some things up, when i dare to step over there and confront you.
    Imo, there aren't clear rules. It's a bit subtle and differs with each person. Sometimes I use Tendon Shred, depending on the person I'm sparring. If you spar a certain player a few times, you know which skills make it unbalanced. Usually during the spar I decide which skills I use. A couple of times I started fighting - for instance - a captain in Flayer Stance, but when I noticed I barely lost any morale, I continued the spar without a Stance to make it more balanced. So I don't believe specific skills should always be unused. It really depends on the class and person you are sparring. I don't mind if a somewhat new minstrel uses heals, but I wouldn't really like it if a more experienced and well-geared minstrel would do the same. Another example: I only use Sprint against a few players of which I know it would only make the spar more fun and balanced and I'm certain they respect that decision. I'm perfectly okay if a poor burglar uses T&G on me, but it would be considered lame if he had done the same against a r4 warg.

  25. #2550
    @ward
    Yeah, you see, those skills like TnG on burglar, or reflect on spider, or minstrels own bubble, or champs bubbles and that full heal... Just whats not expected to be used, but ofc if someone arranges it, those can be changed yeah

    I came back once again to tell the Olympia guardian r4 (not sure about rank icon, like a red fort with white background) - gj on 1vs1, i enjoyed it, and sorry if i underestimated you because of rank. (:

 

 
Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload