We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3750
    still best place to fight is probably the space 300m+ south of dg, and everthing 250m+ from lug gy, and 200m + from ROP.
    I dont see any reason why I would bother fighting at a map spot at all unless a blue gy is nearby or the creeps are awefully outnumbered,
    its like filling a bucket with water while its full of holes...
    mid grams might be ok too, but it turns out too fast in either a chase to lug or a shase to grams,
    so would only work if peeps stand their ground and fight ( and prolly too close to lug 1, though due its long cd its less IMBA than lc3).

U Dont want to forget that lc3 is the only map point close, that's easy accesable by both freeps and creeps,
    which isnt close, or in line between raid routes. Also, though NDA on details, there should be less reason to pve in HD in the moors
    (I hope we can rid once and for all of the tiresome OP and % drama) so the chances a creep raid mapping to lc3
    (though they often map lc2) for taking lc or preventing to get it taken by freeps, or to chase freeps that were lingering at HHOP/SOP,
    which was the case last time.
    So changing the sparring spot to a different location might make it either too far for one side to get to,
    or very vulnerable to (un)intended ganking, especially when there is action like raid vs raid.

So I can say partly yes to the idea, for when there is no sparring going at lc3,
    for we all dont wanna get another dg raid vs raid experience,
    but this shouldnt become a future excuse for spar hating raid leaders,
    to steamroll the place when they think sparring killed the action.

Let's all hope that Turbine has done its job in HD in terms of lag, or that they will buy a new(better) server,
    but since this is a problem we have for quite some years,
    I think its a good idea for eldar to dicuss new possibilities with raid vs raid action,
    because we all want to have a propper fight that isnt ruined because of the lag.

So I say come with as many ideas and feedback as possible to work on a brighter and less laggy pvp future for eldar^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rattkille View Post
    Now some of you know but at Tol 3 is the map cross over point this = to hell lots of lag, but people keep fighting there, this is also a good thing to fight at LC 3 no cross over point, most of the time when we fight raid vs raid it's allways lag well 9/10 your fighting on a cross over point, this is good the flight in not the same places. Last night i waited 2 mins at old Plans Op, but you want to PVE, this shows PVE come 1st but you had lug there was no need for that (but you didn't take it) Some good places to fight are

• HH (near big troll)
    • Old Planes op
    • LC 3
    • Isen
    • Drakes(Doesn't matter if about the GY)

I have seen lots of people trying there best to tell people about the cross over piont but they just get s**t in ooc, they 5mins latter people saying "why is there so much lag" it's a cross over point!
    Ive been mentioning for ages in Fraid chat about the cross-over points causing lag, the ones where u cross between Hithlad / Coldfells etc, and they cause bad lag for me. (Old EC has THREE cross over points, Coldfells, Hithlad, and Hoardale) but no one listens to me, like they dont believe xD. U MUST BELIEVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Areya121 View Post
    Ive been mentioning for ages in Fraid chat about the cross-over points causing lag, the ones where u cross between Hithlad / Coldfells etc, and they cause bad lag for me. (Old EC has THREE cross over points, Coldfells, Hithlad, and Hoardale) but no one listens to me, like they dont believe xD. U MUST BELIEVE.
    well it's good someone is thinking the same, Yer EC very bad but i don't understand why fraid keep staying there, lets just hope people will understand this now, been some time now people need to know

I don't understand why you keep talking about server lines or better fighting point while it's clear that it's not that the problem, how can you explain lag that comes all of a sudden in the same place where you had a huge fight with same numbers on the fields only 5 mins before without problems? In most cases (99%) it's a mere problem of limited bandwidth and you have only to hope that someone logs off, in Eldar or any other european servers (assuming bw is shared equally among all the servers...).

@ Areya: if you remember, i listened to your advice once to clear any doubt and we moved fight in the old plans between rop and dg, nothing changed and we had the same horrible lag as in any other place, what other proof do you need?

p.s.=i really find amusing to see those creeps who said we were qqing when we complained about lag, come here to qq and yell at the turbine servers when they had the same lag for a couple of days, priceless.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

i like to say thank you for a good night, didn't have the best start, but it ended in a good one. At last we are having some good fight in open places thanks to Eklabond for leading the freeps, also a big thanks to ALL the creeps that joined and help aswell thanks to people that helped and being on the Rat, no lag at all (only in 1st fights) at planes op, lets hope it stay like it

thanks Ug

Some good places to fight are

• HH (near big troll)
    • Old Planes op
    • LC 3
    • Isen
    • Drakes(Doesn't matter if about the GY)
    Also old AE OP beneath dwarf camp is fairly lag free and almost totally unused :P

PS @ odo, no fighting away from server lines is not a 100% fix/cure to the lag we get, but it sure as hell does help from what I've noticed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    I don't understand why you keep talking about server lines or better fighting point while it's clear that it's not that the problem, how can you explain lag that comes all of a sudden in the same place where you had a huge fight with same numbers on the fields only 5 mins before without problems? In most cases (99%) it's a mere problem of limited bandwidth and you have only to hope that someone logs off, in Eldar or any other european servers (assuming bw is shared equally among all the servers...).

@ Areya: if you remember, i listened to your advice once to clear any doubt and we moved fight in the old plans between rop and dg, nothing changed and we had the same horrible lag as in any other place, what other proof do you need?
    I still agree with Areya's theory - fighting away from these boundaries does help. It doesn't eliminate lag, but from what I've observed it does seem to be a bit more manageable. You also have to consider there are different types of lag. I'm not an expert on this, but there seems to be I think 4 different types of lag:

-You can have a 'local awareness' lag, where many characters are all assembled at the same place. This type of lag is unavoidable. It is also responsible for 'skill lag'.
    -There is the 'rubber-banding' type of lag, possibly the initial symptom of a connection issue. It feels a bit like reduced awareness due to high local population, but I don't think it's the same, for it can be experienced solo when nowhere near anyone else, can happen at any time, and can be felt anywhere in Middle-earth.
    -A lag caused by bandwidth bottleneck, (the same cause as rubber-banding, but worse) resulting in packet loss and broken connections. Can happen on an individual basis, or sometimes server-wide, depending on whether the problem is server side or client side. You will notice your character running on the spot, and then usually the server will boot you.
    -Combat lag, with a severe reduction of FPS. This is found within the combat system, which has to compute through a target that has multiple rows of buffs and effects , like bubbled champs, healing RKs, last-stand captains, shield wardens etc. Also can happen with sudden stance changes, gear-swapping.

I think the lag we're talking about is the first type. The awareness lag, resulting in skill lag etc. I think it is less noticeable when fighting away from these boundaries. The other types can hit wherever you fight.

p.s.=i really find amusing to see those creeps who said we were qqing when we complained about lag, come here to qq and yell at the turbine servers when they had the same lag for a couple of days, priceless.
    There may have been a few giggles when creeps heard the freeps were having lag problems, only because you were getting a taste of what creeps had experienced on a daily basis for a long while. It has only recently seemed bad to you because only recently have creep numbers been up - you've even had the ON buff. It happens to both sides, but usually (most of the time) to the side that is outnumbered.

Yes Odo you still get lag away from the lines, but you get MORE from crossing said lines. So moving away wont cure it, but it will HELP it. and every little helps at the mo.

Areya is right. The server lines are shown on the image below (taken from an old thread on this very topic). Fighting near the lines has always been problematic and in the current state of the Ettenmoors servers/connection it's even worse. Old EC - TR HS is probably the worst place on the whole map to try to fight. It always has been.

Notice that there is a point on the straight route between TR and LC which crosses three server lines. A raid *always* lags crossing there, always. It's close to the X-roads, another horrible spot for a big RvR fight.

Ideal place is probably the big open plain the other side of the river from HH.

And as usual it's a waste of time to write in forum, i feel like an alien here, in the last months we had dozens if not hundreds of fights in places like old ec, tol and x road with a reasonable lag and now they suddenly become bad places, yesterday in example after fighting for almost 30 mins in lug, we had to give up in tol because lag became insane, though i remember fights in tol with way more players online that gave less troubles, so what is the problem? Anyway, feel free to feed them and feel free to believe them when they say they lag as we do, who played for more than 1 week is able to recognize when someone around him is lagging or not but 90% of those who are writing here are just playing their own games for their own ends.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    Areya is right. The server lines are shown on the image below (taken from an old thread on this very topic). Fighting near the lines has always been problematic and in the current state of the Ettenmoors servers/connection it's even worse. Old EC - TR HS is probably the worst place on the whole map to try to fight. It always has been.

Notice that there is a point on the straight route between TR and LC which crosses three server lines. A raid *always* lags crossing there, always. It's close to the X-roads, another horrible spot for a big RvR fight.

Thank you very much for this, lets see if freep/creep leaders will look at this too and think where they fight if they don't want any lag to make them wipe

Anyway, feel free to feed them and feel free to believe them when they say they lag as we do
    You don't believe Creeps lag? Seriously? I'll prove it then. I've got plenty of frapsed fights that shows the lag.

Except that raids tend to flank each other. It's impossible to flank when one raid is waiting for the other at the big open plain near HH. I agree that fighting there would be ideal to reduce lag, but some "strategic movement" improves the fun, suddenness of fights and overall feeling of "danger". If two raids roam the map and strategically try to start a charge, battles are far more fun than just brainlessly running into each other at an open plain. Fighting in old EC woods, up the hill near old OC, around the rocks of tir HS, among the cows of Tol3, near the river of Tol Beach and so on - those are the interesting locations. Not a boring open plain that is only ideal to reduce lag.

Anyway, feel free to feed them and feel free to believe them when they say they lag as we do
    Ok you think we don't lag, think again! may be better if you think befor you post! On sunday night there was a fight at DG door, both side had big lag, you think i lie, well ask them!

Odo you are funny with this s&&t

On the field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.
    i feel like an alien here
    You've been an alien since the first step you took beyond Glan-Vraig,

And as usual it's a waste of time to write in forum
    It is, everything you ever write here is nonsense.

It's widely known that when going from one location to another or entering different regions, people tend to lag out for few secs.

Areya is right. The server lines are shown on the image below
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretolas View Post
    It's widely known that when going from one location to another or entering different regions, people tend to lag out for few secs.

Thanks for the image Tarmas, very useful. You know when you cross one of these lines into a different region, your character does a little skip/jump for a second. If you think about it there are actually more lines that delineate regions - those surrounding the keeps themselves. The lag is always bad when fighting raid on raid inside a keep, even if all the npcs have been cleared.

Short but Sweet Rvr after 22.00..

Pitty creeps disbanned.

Thanks to Ugmog and mrmatty for your love

Good feeling to kill me atleast 2 times during the night i bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post

Pitty creeps disbanned.

your only saying that you wiped us lol, and nice to call back up but will die!

your only saying that you wiped us lol, and nice to call back up but will die!
    dont understand ur anger nor reason to corpsejump. But take it as a good sign really.

I know its frustrating to wipe and wipe and wipe. done it many times myself! But corpsejump? Well thats up to you. I take it as a complement

Pitty creeps disbanned.

lol was short but sweet but what can u do we got what we could to give u a fight. u had more than us we tried not really much to say well done to u guys ? lol

you expected us to carry on , we tried 3 times with a not a strong raid tbh but not going to continue when we was out numbered

yer it was when u came back after being killed at hhop to make it 4-0 in ops to ur favour u brought ur friends to try revenge funny that there was more of u all of a sudden, better luck next time hey

and well its bit hard to kill u when u run of everytime and wait for sprint to be up leaving ur friends behind

dont understand ur anger nor reason to corpsejump. But take it as a good sign really.

I know its frustrating to wipe and wipe and wipe. done it many times myself! But corpsejump? Well thats up to you. I take it as a complement
    the cj was coz u failed to kill us after u got killed in hh and then u brought friends to find us , not coz of the raid v raid! , if it wasn't like that then sorry for the jump

Quote Originally Posted by crockett1986 View Post
    the cj was coz u failed to kill us after u got killed in hh and then u brought friends to find us , if it wasn't like that then sorry for the jump

hehe.. This is abit funny. You, ugmog a ba and one more followed me in to HH. 4 vs 1.... U killed me.. 4 vs 1. or 3 vs 1. Bad at counting. does it matter? I was i a group and they came to my location after i died? Whats the strange thing in that?

I thank you for thinking so high of me that you see 3-4 vs 1 is a fair fight but fail to see that as true really.. We are op but not that op. Ofc i want to kill you back. i want to kill everything i see in ettens Thats why im there

Is this the time i should cry and say ubb but u were many more then us at Lug BD and lug main?

All i was really interested in was to know why i got corpsejumped..

Now i know. So cheers for sharing

Regarding the RVR.

We left you 3 ops the entire time. sure you might not have had a full raid. We were 24 and nice dps and awesome heals. But still we didnt touch OP:s. You needed 3 if not 4. 3 ops were red almost entire night until the tir-gv pew pew ping pong. After wiping 2-3 times there we went for ops to even out the odds.

Please remember that OPs goes both ways. Atleast in my world. I leave ops in RvR and dont mind creeps having 3 or 4 if you need them. But then if you outnr us then dont qq if we take 3.. (Rarely happens but when we actually need 3 ops the qq here is mental

Anyway.

Good fun night! Sleep tight and enjoy tomorrow

hehe.. This is abit funny. You, ugmog a ba and one more followed me in to HH. 4 vs 1.... U killed me.. 4 vs 1. or 3 vs 1. Bad at counting. does it matter? I was i a group and they came to my location after i died? Whats the strange thing in that?

I thank you for thinking so high of me that you see 3-4 vs 1 is a fair fight but fail to see that as true really.. We are op but not that op. Ofc i want to kill you back. i want to kill everything i see in ettens Thats why im there

Is this the time i should cry and say ubb but u were many more then us at Lug BD and lug main?

All i was really interested in was to know why i got corpsejumped..

Now i know. So cheers for sharing
    lol we was 2v2 in hhop then u ran unmog was running to the into the op wen u started to sprint lol where u get 4 from is funny in it self u had a hunter we killed it then we went on u.

fair enough u was in group already u, but felt like u called it in and it back fired so

Regarding the RVR.

We left you 3 ops the entire time. sure you might not have had a full raid. We were 24 and nice dps and awesome heals. But still we didnt touch OP:s. You needed 3 if not 4. 3 ops were red almost entire night until the tir-gv pew pew ping pong. After wiping 2-3 times there we went for ops to even out the odds.

Please remember that OPs goes both ways. Atleast in my world. I leave ops in RvR and dont mind creeps having 3 or 4 if you need them. But then if you outnr us then dont qq if we take 3.. (Rarely happens but when we actually need 3 ops the qq here is mental

Anyway.

Good fun night! Sleep tight and enjoy tomorrow
    so u went to take hhop to make it 4-0 to u guys later on , wen u prefer it to be fair mmm makes sense lol,

for the recored I don't qq about ops I try to leave it even in ops and let u have blue tir all the time when I leade a raid, but its the same everyside solo people will take the op to swing it in ones favour

Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast