We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3750
    Does the yesterdays fights and group means freeps are coming back to fight or..?
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I am impressed. Turbine has never been so closed to some balance between sides. Creeps were really the underdogs for a lot of time, especially when it comed to a group play, where freep healers could outheal anything thrown at them with one exception (coordinated double impale + double dev strike).

It is amazingly interesting to watch the game from both sides. I remember how underpowered creeps were before U13 and I remember how we were saying that those freeps look only for a "I-win" buttons and do not try to make the game fairer for both sides. Those freeps continued to not let us have 3 Outposts even though they had way more Tactical/Physical mastery than us. They wanted us to fight in the open or narrow places, while we wanted to fight in our keeps and in more wide places, so their aoe doesn't kill us that fast. And we blamed CPTs/Burgs/LMs for using all of their skills to fight in 1v1s and practically not giving us any chances to win. We qqed that freeps kill people who were questing, but still regularly ganked questers in grothum. Same freeps who instead of making some small changes and fighting in our terms kept camping grams, taking all the buffs and so on. We wanted a fair chance to win, but creeps got something way better.

The absolute same reactions now can be seen on freep side, where people would like to get some fair chance in winning and creeps, who doesn't want fair fights, they want easy infamy Absolutely the same things. Just one example from yesterday. I(on my burgler axeny) attack a r7 reaver and I don't use any big cooldowns, as this reaver is too low rank to have impale. I was six-shotted. Crit Impale + crit dev strike + wrath. Was this reaver looking for a fair chance of win or was he looking for fast infamy? I find him 15 minutes later again, jump him and use my cooldowns too, which at the end makes me win the fight, thanks to me evading his impale. The same Reaver logs a freep and blame me for using Touch and Go against him. Another one from yesterday. I attack a spider who is taking an outpost and the CG is on 15k morale. I initate the fight with a dot from stealth and first thing the spider uses is Toxic Carpace, without anything else. I hips immediately without any damaging skill on me or me doing any additional damage on his reflect and once I was out of combat I was on 3,000 morale. Without me taking any damage from that spider. Are those spiders really looking for a fair fight?

Defilers - The true defilers deserved this update. Those defilers who were there a few months ago, trying to do the impossible and outheal freeps damage. Those defilers deserved that update. The only thing is that those defilers don't play anymore. Instead there are other defilers who just switched to Creep of the Month. I am sorry, but I don't think those defilers deserved those buffs.

I have only two issues with Lotro PvMP as of now.
    1. Outposts and Auto Flips. Please, remove both. Outposts wars are boring. Autoflipping the only red(or blue) keep to blue(or red) is terrible user experience. It shouldn't happen. Flipping two outposts during fights is another bad use experience that shouldn't happen in no circumstances. Turbine, noone likes those outposts, why do you still keep them...

2. Morale Potions and 1 Min revive skill. The 25% morale potions are just too much for those creeps with that much mitigation and survival skills. They were useful before, when most of their traits were for lvl 50. Now a good spider will have 70%+ physical and tactical mitigation, while still doing some respectable damage. Capping mitigations is just too easy for most of the creep classes and this doesn't reflect that bad to their outgoing damage now. Also with those changes the 1 minute revive skill is not necessary anymore. 4 WLs can just keep spamming the revive skill and its mostly impossible to kill all the 4 WLs at the same time now, when defilers are bigger priority.

Please do your best to make it fun to the other side. Freeps didn't do a good job, when they had to. But there is a reason why the creep community is better. I am sure the creepside can do it.

P.S Some small but important thigns to note about freeps.

*Hunters please use 4 pieces of predator set which gives -50% inc healing on merciful shot. This doesn't stack with Routing cry of Cpts, but still is a great thing to have on the target that is focused. In fact anything which gives -inc healing is a must.
    *Kite the melee train. If you see you are focus fired from the creep side, move. Run through the sticky tar, each second they can't hit you gives more time to our healers to heal you.
    *Focus Fire - Anything should be dead or really close to dead in less than 5 secs. If it is not, it probably won't die.
    *Sticky Tar - There are so many spider webs nowadays and the only alternative on freep side is using sticky tar. Use it Lore Masters, use it a lot
    *Crowd control is huge, especially on defilers. Runekeepers spam the lightning stone, it has 50% slow and a stun after secs, and can be kept up almost permanently.
    *Debuff LM/Burgs - I will definitely experiment a bit with running a yellow burg. Having multiple disables and dust in the eyes on the melee train will probably be a good thing. Fire Lore on Reavers is a must too.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

I'll add something at your wall of text Axeny: flippers, go back to where you were. Not only do freeps have a hard time atm, I feel many of the ez-moders flipped to creepside now, making it even harder on freepside (less freeps, more creeps).

I know a huge amount of creeps (but also several frees) left lotro for ESO (our Eldar Guild on ESO has 20+ members active during most of the day and most of those player are former creeps on Eldar), but i still see many creeps (many new names at that) while freepside has less players nowadays.

Ofc you see a lot FOTM creeps now, thats the way lotro rolls, nothing you can do about that, but it would be good if the remaining freeps re-learned their class and their role, face-rolling times are over, up to the players to let their heads hang down or try to make the pvp better.

ps: yes, I am back on defiler also, not for the buff defilers got but I ranked my spider and as per my usual habit its time to swap classes again and I surely don't dislike the buff defilers finally got.

pps: I saw a R0 WL named Loiosh y'day, what happened?
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post

pps: I saw a R0 WL named Loiosh y'day, what happened?
    Keeping the name for myself, if I ever decide to return Loiosh from Snowbourn
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN

Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    I am impressed. Turbine has never been so closed to some balance between sides. Creeps were really the underdogs for a lot of time, especially when it comed to a group play, where freep healers could outheal anything thrown at them with one exception (coordinated double impale + double dev strike).

It is amazingly interesting to watch the game from both sides. I remember how underpowered creeps were before U13 and I remember how we were saying that those freeps look only for a "I-win" buttons and do not try to make the game fairer for both sides. Those freeps continued to not let us have 3 Outposts even though they had way more Tactical/Physical mastery than us. They wanted us to fight in the open or narrow places, while we wanted to fight in our keeps and in more wide places, so their aoe doesn't kill us that fast. And we blamed CPTs/Burgs/LMs for using all of their skills to fight in 1v1s and practically not giving us any chances to win. We qqed that freeps kill people who were questing, but still regularly ganked questers in grothum. Same freeps who instead of making some small changes and fighting in our terms kept camping grams, taking all the buffs and so on. We wanted a fair chance to win, but creeps got something way better.

The absolute same reactions now can be seen on freep side, where people would like to get some fair chance in winning and creeps, who doesn't want fair fights, they want easy infamy Absolutely the same things. Just one example from yesterday. I(on my burgler axeny) attack a r7 reaver and I don't use any big cooldowns, as this reaver is too low rank to have impale. I was six-shotted. Crit Impale + crit dev strike + wrath. Was this reaver looking for a fair chance of win or was he looking for fast infamy? I find him 15 minutes later again, jump him and use my cooldowns too, which at the end makes me win the fight, thanks to me evading his impale. The same Reaver logs a freep and blame me for using Touch and Go against him. Another one from yesterday. I attack a spider who is taking an outpost and the CG is on 15k morale. I initate the fight with a dot from stealth and first thing the spider uses is Toxic Carpace, without anything else. I hips immediately without any damaging skill on me or me doing any additional damage on his reflect and once I was out of combat I was on 3,000 morale. Without me taking any damage from that spider. Are those spiders really looking for a fair fight?

Defilers - The true defilers deserved this update. Those defilers who were there a few months ago, trying to do the impossible and outheal freeps damage. Those defilers deserved that update. The only thing is that those defilers don't play anymore. Instead there are other defilers who just switched to Creep of the Month. I am sorry, but I don't think those defilers deserved those buffs.

1. Outposts and Auto Flips. Please, remove both. Outposts wars are boring. Autoflipping the only red(or blue) keep to blue(or red) is terrible user experience. It shouldn't happen. Flipping two outposts during fights is another bad use experience that shouldn't happen in no circumstances. Turbine, noone likes those outposts, why do you still keep them...

2. Morale Potions and 1 Min revive skill. The 25% morale potions are just too much for those creeps with that much mitigation and survival skills. They were useful before, when most of their traits were for lvl 50. Now a good spider will have 70%+ physical and tactical mitigation, while still doing some respectable damage. Capping mitigations is just too easy for most of the creep classes and this doesn't reflect that bad to their outgoing damage now. Also with those changes the 1 minute revive skill is not necessary anymore. 4 WLs can just keep spamming the revive skill and its mostly impossible to kill all the 4 WLs at the same time now, when defilers are bigger priority.

Please do your best to make it fun to the other side. Freeps didn't do a good job, when they had to. But there is a reason why the creep community is better. I am sure the creepside can do it.

*Hunters please use 4 pieces of predator set which gives -50% inc healing on merciful shot. This doesn't stack with Routing cry of Cpts, but still is a great thing to have on the target that is focused. In fact anything which gives -inc healing is a must.
    *Kite the melee train. If you see you are focus fired from the creep side, move. Run through the sticky tar, each second they can't hit you gives more time to our healers to heal you.
    *Focus Fire - Anything should be dead or really close to dead in less than 5 secs. If it is not, it probably won't die.
    *Sticky Tar - There are so many spider webs nowadays and the only alternative on freep side is using sticky tar. Use it Lore Masters, use it a lot
    *Crowd control is huge, especially on defilers. Runekeepers spam the lightning stone, it has 50% slow and a stun after secs, and can be kept up almost permanently.
    *Debuff LM/Burgs - I will definitely experiment a bit with running a yellow burg. Having multiple disables and dust in the eyes on the melee train will probably be a good thing. Fire Lore on Reavers is a must too.
    Even tho i havent been in EM since U13, some friends described me how's the situation in EM nowdays....and from what i heard, i agree that EM seems to be more balanced than ever! Thats nice!

I will also agree about how it was for freeps and creeps before and how it is now....more or less! You play both sides, so you have a clearer view of situation nowdays, than some1 who plays only 1 side!

About "fair fights" with reaver and spider....well, as you said, you attacked em first...ever consider that they might didnt want to have a fight? Spider was trying to take an OP and you interrupt him...cant blame spider for using a skill to make you leave (or die)! Tho, it might be a godlike skill (as ppl like to call some skills) but i dont see something "unfair" in all this! Same for reaver...you jump on him, he used his skills! Maybe you underestimate him or you just expected from him not to use certain skills, as you might wouldnt use! Cant blame him either tbh! LOL when he logged freep to blame you...i really hate when ppl do that (pathetic losers)!

Totally agree about auto flip!!! It only screw the strategies in EM and honestly, i cant see a reason to have this ####!!!!
    OP's are not that bad imho....they are part of EM and they make tactics more complex! Weak side can get some boost...if strong side play "fair". Ofc sometimes they kill the action, when for 1-2 hours ppl only flip OP's, but you can have some nice small fights there! Maybe devs should do some changes about OP's, but not remove! They removed HS's in the past (HS wasnt that bad imho) and now if they remove OP's, there ll be only keeps to fight in...not good i think!

Good tips there...not many ppl give advises to others, to make them play better! And most of the time, if some1 do that, he might get flames in return!

P.S Considering that more than 50% of creep community are freeps, you actually expect from freeps to make the difference onve again!

In some cases, you really dont need cds with spider (esspecially when you are r12 one, with all the skills and tricks), but, i must admit good guardians are still the same as they were, where i need either Toxic C. or Burrow heal to counter their cooldowns (in some goddam r12 guard dwarf (you know who you are ) cases i maybe need even both).
    As for burgs concerns - i wouldnt attack any spiders until something gets changed, cause if you do, you are in their mercy - either they will fight you fair and WIN, or they will use everything and WIN. But wargs, reavers, BAs and WLs - piece of cake = even with level 85 audacity armour.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Ive done plenty of 12 vs 12 raid vs a raid of full high ranked creeps (read as r10+) with creeps having a better setup in update 12,
    but we couldnt kill any creeps in that group. Ive sparred loads of times on defiler in update 11-12 and have never had the feeling of being weak, so I have no clue why there was need for such a boost.
    Hell, now I can get killed by a r12+ reaver in like 5 secs with impale/ds 2x, while I doubt I can kill any decent ranked creep within 15 seconds......especially when they combat log like.... Nedars(./slap)

Freeps have had few raids with good dedicated pvpers, nowadays its more a bunch of soloers packed togheter who instead of just kiting the creeps to avoid dmg, go hiding behind trees or walls or rocks to get themselves killed due olos from healers. The amount of lms giving si to healers now is laughable, and since I cant be polygam with multiple healers with si anymore, the rest of them get stunned, blighted and zerged.
    Even power sharing seems to be a myth amongst lms and sometimes only happen when people are calling desperatly for power.
    Tar kiting seems to be rare aswell while the amount of webs on the other side makes you wonder when bugspray for spiders appears in the store.
    And this is only 1 out of 9 classes so I guess you can imagine why I cba anymore to lead public freep raids/groups.

And yes, creeps got less tact/phys mastery, but the dmg is kinda same as freeps now, so u might even be able to say that the % gain from OPs for creeps is better than freeps (why do we even have those damn things?).

Its funny to see that both sides accuse eachother for being lame and not being able to play without OP buffs while both sides take them as if they are free candy.
    I always try to spare the questing creepies in HH but when I go grothum I get ooc called and within the blink of an eye I get a full zerg train on me, often by the same people who I spared at HH.
    The % based heal pots are ridiculous aswell. While a freep pot heals like 1.7-2k the creep 1 heals like 15k (or even more on moralehoarding creeps).

I think creeps should stop comparing (good) freeps to r7 creeps and compare them with r12+ creeps instead to see the so called gap in class strenght.

On the brighter side - Congratulations to Second Marshal Mimiel and huge thanks for all the heals I received in the last few days
    Rank 14 is almost there!
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome

I don't always eat cake, but when I do, it's delicious.

I logged in again after a few months of absence. It was fun to see so many familiar names again. I'm glad to see people like Apbt, Tear and Blood are still active Angbands players. Seeing those names, and the many more familiar ones, running around is the only reason why I would bother logging in after a break. I heard they buffed the creeps and are going to add catapults in the near future, but now more than ever I truly believe only a new map would bring back more players from their LOTRO breaks. It's ridiculous that the Ettenmoors is still the only PvMP area LOTRO has ever had since its launch. Even after a few months of absence, I still know every pathetic detail of the map by heart. I've come to the point that counting the stars in the Ettenmoors night sky is the only thing I haven't done yet on my Warg.

Buffed creeps or catapults won't bring back the fun - a new map might. Until then I will still login though, even only to say hi.

PS. I'm glad to see though that Odo is still annoyed by my presence. Do you believe you will be granted a title after tracking Wardrat 10000 times?

Y heard ya missed me Ward

A new map might bring back a few but doubt that will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Reevz View Post
    Y heard ya missed me Ward
    I did

Quote Originally Posted by Reevz View Post
    A new map might bring back a few but doubt that will ever happen.
    They can't possibly keep the Ettenmoors the only PvMP region for another couple years. At some point they simply must make a new map. Better sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrat View Post
    They can't possibly keep the Ettenmoors the only PvMP region for another couple years. At some point they simply must make a new map. Better sooner than later.
    A new map won't change the players.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    A new map won't change the players.
    True, but I think when we have a new map, players who quit the game might come back, which would probably improve the action.

Well done to everyone on both sides the last couple days/nights,been some great action without having to sit at gv,unfortunately there are still some freeps who think ratings are the be all and end all and don't like to help fellow freeps incase they die,thats where the creeps get the upper hand as they tend to help each other whether grouped or not.
    Arrostorm

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322400000016ad29/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by colhelm View Post
    Well done to everyone on both sides the last couple days/nights,been some great action without having to sit at gv,unfortunately there are still some freeps who think ratings are the be all and end all and don't like to help fellow freeps incase they die,thats where the creeps get the upper hand as they tend to help each other whether grouped or not.
    Had some nice assist groups the last few days with Areya Stygian Rekkless Slatwyn Evaline and others, shame that the communication between main raid and assist group isn't always as flawless as I would like it to be. I also saw a couple of new faces on creep side yesterday. It's always good to see some new faces so let's give them a warm welcome.:-)

I'm fairly close to ranking so I will try to make some more assistance groups the next couple of days, let's try to work together a little better.

True, but I think when we have a new map, players who quit the game might come back, which would probably improve the action.
    There will never be a new PvMP map.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Not sure how, but I found this site:

http://furia-eu.webs.com/furiawhoweare.htm

Really fun to read and it also has some awesome screenshots.

Not sure how, but I found this site:

http://furia-eu.webs.com/furiawhoweare.htm

Really fun to read and it also has some awesome screenshots.
    Once upon a time a great prophet of the Lord wrote an essay on the undeserving. It is up to us to look deep inside our souls, and agree with the observations of Dihur.
    I don't always eat cake, but when I do, it's delicious.

I'm so bored that i'm thinking of logging in today. Hows moors atm?
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

At least theres not much lag issues in moors now..
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

Hilarious evening. Mud and I farmed poor little Odo until he rage quit and logged off.

Hilarious evening. Mud and I farmed poor little Odo until he rage quit and logged off.
    Sounds like a funny evening - i enjoyed the part after Scum formed a raid to counter the freeps in the open. As a non native speaker, i learned a many new vocabulary
    [COLOR=#ff0000][B] Polaris / Nazdar / Furia[/B]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]Gorgonite Captain R9/Jinzo Champion R4/Donato RK R8/Kalira Hunter R6/Tempico Minstrel R3/ Athalmir Warden R7[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffa500] ... and [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffa500]6 Creeps r10 - r11[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonites View Post
    Sounds like a funny evening - i enjoyed the part after Scum formed a raid to counter the freeps in the open. As a non native speaker, i learned a many new vocabulary
    Its pretty much one of the things I really miss nowadays! You just can't avoid following the RAT
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonites View Post
    Haha aye I could imagine m8 with gaz's(scums) south London accent,was an enjoyable evenin and hope to get more numbers next time,was made better without all the keep and ops flippin aswell
    Arrostorm

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322400000016ad29/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 ... LastLast