We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 124 of 150 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3750
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    With Update 13 we're getting new 'Hobnangians', whatever that is. I can hardly contain myself....

The attention they give to Ettens continues to be pitiful, and the action on Eldar right now is garbage. Tbh a fair few of us are only still playing (if standing at grams being camped by a raid, sometimes 2 raids, can be called 'playing') simply because ESO hasn't yet come out.
    Hobnanigans is the much loved short lived chicken football back from 2007. Played on the pitch near the Bree Festival grounds.. But i think everyone can agree the action has been poor for everyone.
    Last edited by Ellemere; Feb 27 2014 at 11:02 AM.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Hobnanigans is the much loved short lived chicken football back from 2007. Played on the pitch near the Bree Festival grounds.. But i think everyone can agree the action has been poor for everyone.
    Chicken football. \O/

Unbelievable. Are they mental? The devs are having a jolly at the bar while the ship is slowly sinking. Stop throwing fluff at us, turbine, and throw us a bloody life-jacket before its too late! Oh who am I kidding, it's like talking to a brick wall with them...

Chicken football. \O/

Unbelievable. Are they mental? The devs are having a jolly at the bar while the ship is slowly sinking. Stop throwing fluff at us, turbine, and throw us a bloody life-jacket before its too late! Oh who am I kidding, it's like talking to a brick wall with them...
    Maybe the upcoming changes to spiders and the ettens time passes for freebies and permiums will inject some new blood. some other new stuff

- The new PVMP damage types are now properly passing through physical mitigation. This means that the additional mitigation tacked onto audacity has been removed.
    - We did some tweaks some things within the Ettenmoors like increasing the damage from the murder holes in TA from 500 common damage to % health.
    - We did some stat adjustments to the Creep core virtues (on the character panel, the categories with squares next to them). Most of these have never been updated since Monsterplay came into existence, which was part of what caused such a discrepancy in stats between freeps and creeps.
    - Trying to clear out a lot of bugs that have been lingering for far too long on the creep side.
    Last edited by Ellemere; Feb 27 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Chicken football,BRILLIANT!!! that's exactly what a sinking ship needs, an orchestra to mourn at our funeral.
    I can't decide whether I should laugh or cry.If this is what they think it's gonna help the game,then I say no more.There is your explanation Ugly mate ( with all respect).
    ESO beta in 3 hours and it comes live in a month.

Looks like people are finding all kinds of reasons as to why we shouldn't play. If you don't want to play this game anymore that's fair enough you can quit anytime you want.
    I won't deny that this game has become sh*t, especially since HD. But I think that part of the reason why pvp is so poor is because people are not playing. I've found playing
    in the moors can be still enjoyable if the numbers are more or less even. How do you expect to do anything if it's 40v20?
    That was why I posted, because I know that ettens can still be enjoyable provided that both sides have the numbers to fight
    Isn't that how it's always been?
    Uglyorcguy r14 Reaver - Reign of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyorcguy View Post
    Looks like people are finding all kinds of reasons as to why we shouldn't play. If you don't want to play this game anymore that's fair enough you can quit anytime you want.
    I won't deny that this game has become sh*t, especially since HD. But I think that part of the reason why pvp is so poor is because people are not playing. I've found playing
    in the moors can be still enjoyable if the numbers are more or less even. How do you expect to do anything if it's 40v20?
    That was why I posted, because I know that ettens can still be enjoyable provided that both sides have the numbers to fight
    Shush don't let on people can still have fun they wont have anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyorcguy View Post
    I agree, but unfortunately too much neglect has left a lot of people in a constant misery loop, where the only view they have is a jaded, pessimistic one which they need to share with everyone.
    It can be real drag to listen to all the freaking time.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t4cmgLW.jpg[/img]

Gratz Galburga on your "well deserved" rank(s).

Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

More action on HelloKittyOnline atm than Eldar...seems ESO beta took all the players away...cant think what will happen when it goes live!and all we get is a chicken-football festival....GJ turbine once again Whould like to see server population after april
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/FNzskt1.jpg[/img]

Angalruk r14 BlackArrow-Eldar
    Angalmir r12 Runekeeper-Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by bagasakos View Post
    More action on HelloKittyOnline atm than Eldar...
    That's like saying a cheetah is faster than a turtle. Don't think you can even compare the population on these games. (Check the amount of likes on FB to get an idea)

Quote Originally Posted by bagasakos View Post
    seems ESO beta took all the players away...cant think what will happen when it goes live!and all we get is a chicken-football festival....GJ turbine once again Whould like to see server population after april
    Ah yes, PvP with battles x10 the size of Lotro's RvR and still less lag. And keeps that actually works as protection. And Siege weapons done right. Oh, and balance of course, let's not forget that small thing...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Suggestion :
    I would like to make a video of 30 creeps fighting guardian and captain while - guardian shield walls the cappy and cappy uses guardian as a brother, while healing both of them.
    Would be so cool looking at Turbine's face while they watch that.

All these years we have been watching various combinations, but i think this one is perfect.

Call out - level the true lethal combination and join the extraordinary fights we experience these days!
    Cheerio
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Suggestion :
    I would like to make a video of 30 creeps fighting guardian and captain while - guardian shield walls the cappy and cappy uses guardian as a brother, while healing both of them.
    Would be so cool looking at Turbine's face while they watch that.

All these years we have been watching various combinations, but i think this one is perfect.

Call out - level the true lethal combination and join the extraordinary fights we experience these days!
    Cheerio
    Tb's reply will be:
    "Thats exactly what we had in mind when we were preparing Helms Deep:Heroic warriors who can win against the superior numbers of the forces of evil."
    ESO beta was a big success,but from what I've heard the usual suspects were camping Grams with raids.
    They dont get it,do they...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNikos View Post
    from what I've heard the usual suspects were camping Grams with raids.
    They dont get it,do they...
    no they don't its just easy points for them and some creeps just feed them. and that's why they stay. mass clubbing at grams. shud log off for an hour or so go do/play summit else then they'd b disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    no they don't its just easy points for them and some creeps just feed them. and that's why they stay. mass clubbing at grams. shud log off for an hour or so go do/play summit else then they'd b disappointed.
    Nah then we would spend the hour doing pve quests, which i know you know we love. then we would come sit bakc at grams and wait for you.

Nah then we would spend the hour doing pve quests, which i know you know we love. then we would come sit bakc at grams and wait for you.
    ud have a long wait then with tranfers now only taking 5 mins with a token instore a lot have already transferred 2 a dif server. and with eso in a month it will b even emptier of creeps. well done 4 making pvp unbearable on eldar.

as u love pve so much mayb u can get that horse thru qsting ur way thru ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    ud have a long wait then with tranfers now only taking 5 mins with a token instore a lot have already transferred 2 a dif server. and with eso in a month it will b even emptier of creeps. well done 4 making pvp unbearable on eldar.

as u love pve so much mayb u can get that horse thru qsting ur way thru ranks.
    Thanks, thats what i have been trying to do hun, only 200k to go which at 2k a day from pve renown is only 100 days.

Nah then we would spend the hour doing pve quests, which i know you know we love.
    You are the most devoted and meticulous completionist I've ever known Elle, but tbh I'm amazed that even you haven't got a bit bored with it by now. PvE is nothing like it used to be, nowhere near as rich, challenging, or diverse as it was in SoA or Moria for example. So far for me HD has been completing tasks rather than quests, eg: go kill 5 of these, go collect 7 of that, help that dumb farmer with his field of crops or whatever. And I'll tell you what, if I see just one more Mead Hall I think I will scream! I looked forward to Rohan for years, and it may look lovely, but the questing content is so very, very repetitive, predicable, and tedious

What would make it all bearable would be if there was a cluster of instances to look forward to at the end, and to motivate me to work towards - and after that, a full on multi-boss raid. But there is not. This pretty much makes it all pointless to me [my opinion only, we all have our own definitions of fun and our own reasons for playing, etc. Some people like chicken-football, or so i hear...]

I won't harp on about ESO as it will probably get me an infraction, not that this would matter for much longer, but the PvE there is infinitely deeper and more fascinating than what turbine has served up over the past few years. And the PvP... well what can I say? Alongside ettens atm there is no comparison.

then we would come sit bakc at grams and wait for you.
    I'm not sniping here at freeps - because in many ways the freeps, being so heavily pampered by the devs over several updates now, have suffered pretty much the same disservice as the creeps who have been wholly neglected. But something had to give, and many creep players are simply giving up. Conduct by a few fraid leaders who feel disposed to implement full raids or even multiple raids just to hunt and camp a handful of creeps is probably little more than a knee-jerk 'I don't care anymore' attitude to the Moors (really, I getcha - we don't much care anymore either) - but this definitely is not helping matters. I mean, what is the point in driving your one source of Renown Points into extinction?

Well, soon we'll be gone won't we. And sure, new creeps will take our place, so there'll be plenty of unskilled, 0 Aud lowbies for you to farm... at least for a while. But then what? How long before the futility of it hits home, and you just get sick of it all?

Unless a major revamp to Lotro and PvP comes to save the situation, I predict in all your futures an awful, awful, lot of time spent solely at Gramsfoot. Enjoy.

You are the most devoted and meticulous completionist I've ever known Elle, but tbh I'm amazed that even you haven't got a bit bored with it by now. PvE is nothing like it used to be, nowhere near as rich, challenging, or diverse as it was in SoA or Moria for example. So far for me HD has been completing tasks rather than quests, eg: go kill 5 of these, go collect 7 of that, help that dumb farmer with his field of crops or whatever. And I'll tell you what, if I see just one more Mead Hall I think I will scream! I looked forward to Rohan for years, and it may look lovely, but the questing content is so very, very repetitive, predicable, and tedious

What would make it all bearable would be if there was a cluster of instances to look forward to at the end, and to motivate me to work towards - and after that, a full on multi-boss raid. But there is not. This pretty much makes it all pointless to me [my opinion only, we all have our own definitions of fun and our own reasons for playing, etc. Some people like chicken-football, or so i hear...]

I won't harp on about ESO as it will probably get me an infraction, not that this would matter for much longer, but the PvE there is infinitely deeper and more fascinating than what turbine has served up over the past few years. And the PvP... well what can I say? Alongside ettens atm there is no comparison.

I'm not sniping here at freeps - because in many ways the freeps, being so heavily pampered by the devs over several updates now, have suffered pretty much the same disservice as the creeps who have been wholly neglected. But something had to give, and many creep players are simply giving up. Conduct by a few fraid leaders who feel disposed to implement full raids or even multiple raids just to hunt and camp a handful of creeps is probably little more than a knee-jerk 'I don't care anymore' attitude to the Moors (really, I getcha - we don't much care anymore either) - but this definitely is not helping matters. I mean, what is the point in driving your one source of Renown Points into extinction?

Well, soon we'll be gone won't we. And sure, new creeps will take our place, so there'll be plenty of unskilled, 0 Aud lowbies for you to farm... at least for a while. But then what? How long before the futility of it hits home, and you just get sick of it all?

Unless a major revamp to Lotro and PvP comes to save the situation, I predict in all your futures an awful, awful, lot of time spent solely at Gramsfoot. Enjoy.
    Nothing to argue with you in there Gordi, as yes of course i get bored but thats when i have to step away from the game i dont play half as often i used to. Many have left and the people i used to know gone. But for me i'll still be here till they turn the lights off. Ettens does need a boost if only to keep people there. I know a lot of creeps dont think much of Odo and Faerdo but they do both realise that their are issues for creeps and that turbine do little to instill any reasons for the high ranks to keep playing and the low ranks to take over the leading.

Thumbs up

I know a lot of creeps dont think much of Odo and Faerdo but they do both realise that their are issues for creeps and that turbine do little to instill any reasons for the high ranks to keep playing and the low ranks to take over the leading.
    Really.
    well i think that's bullsh..OOooOOo but i'll remember those kind words as members of their raids corpse jump my dead solo defiler.. my dead solo rank 14 defiler that can be killed by a rank 1 burg with no aud in 3 seconds.

and when ettens passes come into the game it will kill the ettenmoors on eldar anyway if not every server.
    every night i seem to sit at grams with the outnumbered buff watching freeps jump up and down infront of me it's this simple people will play creep run out of grams with no aud and burg will 2-shot them or a mini will pop up and they'll see -30,000, -15,000, -15,000 and die in seconds log off saying that's a load of #### then try freep and hit a creep for 10k and go "OH F YEAH IM GOOD AT THIS!" won't be long before creeps have outnumber buff 24/7...

if they don't put some very serious thought into this they will kill it.
    I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
    I crashed my warg into south bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
    I threw odo into a bag and pushed him down tol stairs.
    I don't care, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallystick View Post
    Really.
    well i think that's bullsh..OOooOOo but i'll remember those kind words as members of their raids corpse jump my dead solo defiler.. my dead solo rank 14 defiler that can be killed by a rank 1 burg with no aud in 3 seconds.

and when ettens passes come into the game it will kill the ettenmoors on eldar anyway if not every server.
    every night i seem to sit at grams with the outnumbered buff watching freeps jump up and down infront of me it's this simple people will play creep run out of grams with no aud and burg will 2-shot them or a mini will pop up and they'll see -30,000, -15,000, -15,000 and die in seconds log off saying that's a load of #### then try freep and hit a creep for 10k and go "OH F YEAH IM GOOD AT THIS!" won't be long before creeps have outnumber buff 24/7...

if they don't put some very serious thought into this they will kill it.
    ye when the passes come in we will be outnumbered and killed by free 2 play freeps might aswell be killed by grams slugs

Quote Originally Posted by ZashWelshGuy View Post
    ye when the passes come in we will be outnumbered and killed by free 2 play freeps might aswell be killed by grams slugs
    surely all the free pass people will roll wargs. On a more serious note i thought having the freemiums join in was something a lot of people hade been clamouring for, the arguement being that more people allowed in the better it would be for everyone. I'll certainly be looking to welcome as many new faces as possible both freep and creep.

I'm all out of quest items to hand in.

If I promise not to fight any creep until some semblance of balance returns, can I farm Grothum goblins please? No? Darn :/

What's an Elf to do? Trying to rank Defiler makes me want to slit my wrists. Being part of daily freep massacre-farm raids of appallingly out-gunned creeps is just sad. Handing in food sacks and ale is all I have left...
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

surely all the free pass people will roll wargs. On a more serious note i thought having the freemiums join in was something a lot of people hade been clamouring for, the arguement being that more people allowed in the better it would be for everyone. I'll certainly be looking to welcome as many new faces as possible both freep and creep.
    The 'free passes' are, as far as i can understand it, to enable f2p/premium ppl to play FREEPSIDE. They can already play creepside by spending TPs on 5 creep classes, and can ofc roll a reaver for free. I really don't think you understand things here...

And as for Odo and Faildo understanding there are issues on creepside, I nearly spilt my beer... Maybe that's why they come into the 'moors, because they know it is so easy to make points/complete those Ettenmoor deeds as creeps are generally so UP. You never see either of them in the 'moors when there is something near balance, such as between launch of RoR and U10. If faildo is so concerned about creepside, then why does he multi-box in the 'moors with a warg sitting in stealth in DoF so that he can see if any creeps are trying to stealth his preciousssss DoF buffs (It's mine, preciousss, all mine). Cheating imo.

Short term greed for points by freeps is driving away many creeps. It's no fun to play when you are outnumbered, outgunned, outhealed and the other side has most/all of the buffs and tries to keep it that way. As has been mentioned, many creeps are transferring off Eldar and others will be gone when ESO launches. Speaking of ESO, most of Angbands played in the last beta and we had a blast in the PvP there. A few Abs will stay in LotRO, but many of us will be gone at the end of this month (We already have over 30 players from Eldar in our ESO guild - most coming from creepside - so how many creeps do you think will be left?). Definitely skill needed by individual players to do well in PvP in ESO. No RAT etc like in lotro, it means you can't just make a group and get 23+ other players to do your dirty work for you like some fail freep raid leaders here...

So to all of you freeps, enjoy your 2k PvE renown a day - you'll surely make r15 very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SongSinger View Post
    words
    If Faerdo was multi-boxing a warg in DoF why on earth would our raids need to send a scout periodically into there to check if they are being taken? Unless i have magically been turned into Faerdo ... as its usually me who goes to check. I also cannnot make up my mind if you are trying to have a dig at freeps and Faerdo or just trying to highlight how great ESO is going to be.

ESO will take who it takes, believe it or not some folks manage to play a few games at the same time. I never have understood this notion of people waiting around till the next thing comes along. Gordi rightly pointed out a few posts back that sometimes it gets boring, the way some people go on here they have been self-inflicting this onto themselves then coming here and complaining about it. One doesn't punch themselves in the face then complain about it so why sumbit yourself to something you are clearly tired of. Bottom line those that go will go those that stay will stay and the game and life will move on. If that means Eldar and in a wider scheme LOTRO as a whole suffers is yet to be seen. We are here for fun if it ever stops being fun the best thing to do is go or take a break.

Bit of a rant and not aimed specifically at you but there just seems to be a lot of uneeded vitirol in your post. Everyone can agree the moors has issues but blaming eitherside for the way it plays is never going to solve anything - only balance can do that and i'll die a spinster before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    I'm all out of quest items to hand in.

If I promise not to fight any creep until some semblance of balance returns, can I farm Grothum goblins please? No? Darn :/

What's an Elf to do? Trying to rank Defiler makes me want to slit my wrists. Being part of daily freep massacre-farm raids of appallingly out-gunned creeps is just sad. Handing in food sacks and ale is all I have left...
    Theres always Big Battles.... lol ... /cry

Page 124 of 150 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast