We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3750
    Quote Originally Posted by Twaningira View Post

Go lick a car wheel 23.7%

Abwww did u Edit the picture. Didnt want To show WHO ur freeps was. Understand the mistake To have mumble layer in top right corner.

No secret. Ardaapol, ekla, nurt, uglyorcguy and a few others it Said did nurt rename his Warg from bonustime!? Could have figured. Aftermatch pro team
    Guess i see you guys back on freep once They nerf wargs.

Tip, captains and guardians are op so go lvl them up

Should call your kin fotm-match
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post
    Hahahaha.. Ofc, there are more lamers then deacent players around atm. Drolling of the increased nr of wargs running around now. Stop qquing about Captains. We got what, 5 more. wargs everywhere. Went from 1 odd rare in a raid and maybe a small pack of 3 on the side. Now we got 15+ wargs. Packs of 10. They are everywhere. Macroing nabs!

Love you anyway!! Creeps beat 90% of the freeps in 1 vs 1! That has never really been the case. But in groups we steamroll. So maybe time you take this comment back to creep side and start working on your teamwork again. you creeps always bragged about your teamplay. time to show it again! You used to be superior to freeps. (but guess its due to exploiters and cheaters we win now.... Sigh...)
    Maybe wargs just do alot of damage.. think about it they have a damage type that is barely mitigated plus extra damage from stealth plus skills that bypass a % of armour/mitigations PLUS skills that break the animation of other skills meaning they can be used faster and positional damage!.. now i'm not saying there isn't anyone using a macro but i mean look at that list of things... you wouldn't need one to do alot of damage in a short amount of time MAYBE! if people stopped crying over it and put some brain power into it and i mean really thought about it using brain cells they might reach a conclusion other than going cross-eyed and shouting "DURRR MACRO!"... *dims the lights and put on the overhead projector*

• The last update before HD for wargs people QQ'd because warg could do alot of damage they had quite a nice damage boost.

• Freeps later got better gear and stacked tactical mitigation that mitigated a large amount of warg dps (shadow damage).

• Most wargs then un-slotted shadow damage and used common damage then targeted light armour classes due to them having high tactical mitigation and low physical mitigation.

• Wargs now have Fell-wrought damage that is not mitigated by tactical or physical mitigation but us reduced in % based on the amount of audacity the player has HOWEVER Fell-wrought damage has a high damage output as well as orc-craft.

I have lost a friend and tribe member (a warg who i know didn't use "macro") because of people like you who are quick to mouth off and incapable of individual thinking and i find you to be a two-faced, flippant, pissant-minded fool, i hope that you can break these chains of clouded vision to become a free thinker and see that these people have done nothing but play their class so the basics; buses come in three's, 2 is more than 1 and wargs come in packs.

Now then be forever hopeful but not expectant.

Oh ok. So with 12.1 it all flipped to hell? Sorry but look to your own ranks first before judging the enemy. There is enough macroing wargs out there to compensate for 1-2 captains bugging npcs. Doubt they even know how tbh.. In the Long lc fight YOU/CREEPS managed to bug npcs somehow so they started to shoot at us!! Did we qq about that? nope. We ran the hell away from there. Did we whine when one shooters at TIR GY bugged and shot us all over and over? nope. Doubt they even know what they are doing to bug them....

Honestly, your leading... It ended when it got even. Not so hard to lead a raid of 14 vs 10 soloers. if you call that good leading, that has to stand for you. I call it, i want to steamroll soloers with a raid of 14! in my world there is nothing epic about that, just pathetic!

Most funny part was that i heard your voice and id expect a very high pitching teenage voice, not the hc Whiskey voice (That made to whole picture alot worse for me as i would have accepted you beeing a young teenager with the mind of one.. Now you just got me confused!)
    Bless you erlo, sarcasm dosent really come across well in text form for you, did you really think that running a 12 man tr/gv ping pong takes a great leader and sorry 2 say but when I formed that grp anglamar had a grp with equal numbers and we tracked 22 at back door, what would you do?

Erlo you might be ashamed about you own high pitched voice, maybe thats why you didnt talk, I'm not ashamed of mine, I have a voice, I use It, I always have and nothing I can do about It but use it, if you dont like it thats fine with me sweat heart. you do know microphones morph voices dont you!

also were talking about captains that wilfully use an exploit to change the course or outcome of the game not a random bug that occasional happens on both sides.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000007b9ca/signature.png]Blindings[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Blindings View Post
    Bless you erlo, sarcasm dosent really come across well in text form for you, did you really think that running a 12 man tr/gv ping pong takes a great leader and sorry 2 say but when I formed that grp anglamar had a grp with equal numbers and we tracked 22 at back door, what would you do?

Erlo you might be ashamed about you own high pitched voice, maybe thats why you didnt talk, I'm not ashamed of mine, I have a voice, I use It, I always have and nothing I can do about It but use it, if you dont like it thats fine with me sweat heart. you do know microphones morph voices dont you!

also were talking about captains that wilfully use an exploit to change the course or outcome of the game not a random bug that occasional happens on both sides.
    Why Should i use My voice? Whats the point in that? Wasnt anything i could have contributed With wasnt anything To fight and dont want To make you look bad and start running the show. I am but a passenger. Aint touching a mic nor gonna lead ever again.

The time when freeps knew how To raid are long gone. We get the odd nights With a good raid, like yesterday. But thats 1 a week at the most.
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s29.postimg.org/jhgasj377/image.jpg[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallystick View Post
    Maybe wargs just do alot of damage.. think about it they have a damage type that is barely mitigated plus extra damage from stealth plus skills that bypass a % of armour/mitigations PLUS skills that break the animation of other skills meaning they can be used faster and positional damage!.. now i'm not saying there isn't anyone using a macro but i mean look at that list of things... you wouldn't need one to do alot of damage in a short amount of time MAYBE! if people stopped crying over it and put some brain power into it and i mean really thought about it using brain cells they might reach a conclusion other than going cross-eyed and shouting "DURRR MACRO!"... *dims the lights and put on the overhead projector*

• The last update before HD for wargs people QQ'd because warg could do alot of damage they had quite a nice damage boost.

• Freeps later got better gear and stacked tactical mitigation that mitigated a large amount of warg dps (shadow damage).

• Most wargs then un-slotted shadow damage and used common damage then targeted light armour classes due to them having high tactical mitigation and low physical mitigation.

• Wargs now have Fell-wrought damage that is not mitigated by tactical or physical mitigation but us reduced in % based on the amount of audacity the player has HOWEVER Fell-wrought damage has a high damage output as well as orc-craft.

I have lost a friend and tribe member (a warg who i know didn't use "macro") because of people like you who are quick to mouth off and incapable of individual thinking and i find you to be a two-faced, flippant, pissant-minded fool, i hope that you can break these chains of clouded vision to become a free thinker and see that these people have done nothing but play their class so the basics; buses come in three's, 2 is more than 1 and wargs come in packs.

What you write is true about damage and bl.a. Bla, funny part is that one of your wargs do 3 Times more damage Then all the others. Neshaba, hellbiter, nesheba and a forts Warg jumper me, hellbiter did about 2000 damage over 6,5 sec, nesheba did about 4k over 6.5 sec. The one i forgot the name did 4,3 k. But Then we have Neshaba, which i bet is Ardaapol, did 14k in 4,5s... Had 10 attacks registrated in that time, and no not including ticks from dots. . This rings a Bell for me... Dont know about you.

Sure wargs are stronges but lol... In tank specc i can handle rimgar and hellbiter, even throw nesheba in To the picture and ill survive 1 vs 3 for atleast 15-20 sec. But if Neshaba jumps me im dead in 2-4 seconds..

Maybe u should dust your spider off and go kill something and try for yourself.
    I did tried and had no luck vs champ that said for himself (herself) she is not the best, esspecially at sparring.

Not you in person now, we all know you have 4-5 warg friends with you that you tell to be good dogs when you roam. They are just there in case. But in general
    FFS fu xD Its not all the time, i said it happened plenty of times, but they are not playing them now, so i cant brace myself to venture alone there. Its a scary world (map)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallystick View Post
    ...and i find you to be a two-faced, flippant, pissant-minded fool, i hope that you can break these chains of clouded vision to become a free thinker and see that these people have done nothing but play their class so the basics; buses come in three's, 2 is more than 1 and wargs come in packs.

Woblah is... so... smart.. and.. well read :O
    ILY even more now.
    Last edited by BrekkaSrbenda; Jan 03 2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Chieftain Mreza, Kokosovo mleko Chieftain (Rank 12 weaver)
    Brekka Crixus of Eldar, Potomci Numenora, Evernight (Ex Lazareva vojska)

Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Aint touching pvp until They fix macroing..

Been blown up by numerous wargs in 1 second...

21 attacks in 1 sec..

A friend showed me what he can do With penetrating shot. Macroing 40 penetrating shots With 0 sec delay. No skill animation, all Done in 2 seconds. Result? 300k damage in 2 secs.

Burglars are worse Then Hunters....

Bye bye moors!
    Well that was fast!did they ban the cheaters last night?
    What a sad display of arrogance against one of the most dedicated and recognized players in the server.The main discussion is about those exploiting captains and there comes a guy saying stop QQ,wargs do this and that....REPORT THEM.
    Deni is right....mood changes when you feel "superior"...and ofc in a perfect mood to troll by saying creeps beat freeps 1v1 90% of the time...
    Ye i know...spare me answers like "QQ","hugs","killed you so many times".I copy paste Uzfangs words,incase you MIGHT realise whats coming to your chosen pvp.
    "Night after night now I find myself just shaking my head in disbelief at the pitiful state of things. But meh. I've almost given up, and I hardly really care any more. ESO is 4 months away, and thats where a lot of us will be going, hopefully. And there are an awful lot of players I hope to God stay here in Lotro hell, and do not follow us to ESO. You're not wanted. It will be a matter of goodbye children, and good sodding riddance."
    Most of us are off,enjoy your stay.

What you write is true about damage and bl.a. Bla, funny part is that one of your wargs do 3 Times more damage Then all the others. Neshaba, hellbiter, nesheba and a forts Warg jumper me, hellbiter did about 2000 damage over 6,5 sec, nesheba did about 4k over 6.5 sec. The one i forgot the name did 4,3 k. But Then we have Neshaba, which i bet is Ardaapol, did 14k in 4,5s... Had 10 attacks registrated in that time, and no not including ticks from dots. . This rings a Bell for me... Dont know about you.

Sure wargs are stronges but lol... In tank specc i can handle rimgar and hellbiter, even throw nesheba in To the picture and ill survive 1 vs 3 for atleast 15-20 sec. But if Neshaba jumps me im dead in 2-4 seconds..
    Erlo 10 attacks in 4.5 sec is possible with just normal attacks. Don't forget wargs have the buff sundan maul with makes the attack duration -25%.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000007e62e/signature.png]Monrid[/charsig]

Is this Erlo the Champ who was QQ non stop how he would not return to the ettens etc.

I think you will find that the last week or so both Freep and Creep have won raid fights.

You really need to try and see things from both sides and that way you might stop being such an A*SE
    Last edited by HampshireMick; Jan 03 2014 at 09:29 AM.

I got hit by 19k by one freep in 1 sec, your argument fails right here!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022401000007b9ca/signature.png]Blindings[/charsig]

Right now the PvMP and even the whole game is in terrible state. Balance is very weird. Creep classes are really outdated right now and need a huge revamp and this is not just add 1 more skill. Some things that should be fixed in 12.1.1 or 12.2(whatever comes first!).

Fix all kind of macro stuff.

Overally
    Fix diminishing returns, they are broken
    Fix stun pots, they are not working right now.
    Stun and daze should go for one immunity mode, stunning and then dazing should be impossible.
    Disable all +100% renown buffs, turn them into old +20% renown buff.
    Fear immunity buff for 10 secs after a fear.
    1 hour time between logging freep/creep.
    Bring back 30 secs logout time
    PvMP stats

Creep side
    Lower the wargs crit rate in shadow and increase the damage/mitigations in flyer mode.
    75%-100% increase to HOTs of defiler.
    Increase the CDS of MT/WL Rez/Wrath/HIPS/Sprint x2(from 1 min to 2mins for example).
    Return the 1 min duration brand for r15s(not mordirith brands, not for store brands, just for rank 15s)
    Fix OOC/ICPR
    Update Consumable potions.
    Update some of the traits(230 tactical mitigation? really?)
    Give defilers two group wide bubbles with shared cd(one bubble for 15% of morale valid only for melee damage, one bubble for 15% of morale for ranged/tactical damage) and make it work like rk bubble(either max 12 people or everyone in 10 meter range).
    One non-induction heal for WLS usable on move will be great.
    Add a tail effect to the spider web.

Freep side
    Fix captain bubble, maybe lower the yellow line heals a bit.
    Buff RK HOTS, increase the cd for group bubble and make it a skill with maximum 12 targets.
    Incrase the cd of Thriump of Spirit.
    Fix the way AIM interacts with Coup de Grace.
    Mitigate Wardens DOTs.
    Increase the DPS of red-line champ.
    Update at least some of the ettenmoors jewelry/offhands.
    Increase the duration of LM antistun so you can give it to two people(Heal/Tank combo)
    Minstrels can revive max 1 person with the OOC skill, its highly exploited skill right now.
    Increase the cd of RK lighting stone, perma -50% slow + stun is just too much. Or and make it to give +30% run speed buff to the RK, so it can still be used to kite but not to slow a whole raid in RvR situations.
    Give burgs the ability to track stealthed creeps, instead giving this ability to hunters.

Those improvements will make the game way more enjoyable at least for me. Its a pretty big list and its interesting that are a lot of them worked just a year ago, but were needlessly removed. Right now the PvMP feels like an old Counter Strike 1.6 Server full of kids using speedhacks. I am sure noone wants to play a game like this.
    Last edited by Axeny; Jan 03 2014 at 12:53 PM.
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Blindings View Post
    I got hit by 19k by one freep in 1 sec, your argument fails right here!!
    37k on r11 spider with 17 audacity. Must be a record.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    Increase the duration of LM antistun.
    }
    Never ever ever ever f-in ever bring that back. Its fine as it is. Either give it to yourself or to someone more important than lm. And ofc work on it (refresh it.)
    What do i have as a counter part of that? What - mordiriths brands from 1 year ago? They last for 10 secs, 5 min cd, this is 20 sec duration 20 sec cd so permanently. And those brand thingies posses only some old players on just one char (i dont have it). So please, no. Dont change that skill.

Cool Warg dps.

Just a fast post. Erlo you said 10 skills in 4.5 sec is macroing. Well watch this video.

I'm killing an npc within 5 seconds with 15 skills. Now lets have a look at combat log and combat analysis.

Oke here we see I did 15 skills in 5 seconds with a total damage of 16,8k

Lets see what combat analysis says about the amount of attacks/skills I used.

We see 2 bestial claws, which I used 2 times as you can see in the video.
    I see 4 times eye gouge which I used 2 times, but it says 4 times because if you look in my combat log (picture below) you will see that when I use eyegouge it will appear 2 times in the combat log. The first one says if I did a hit, critical hit or a dev hit. After that one u see the hit I did on the npc. Have in mind eye gouge is an interrupt skill so it will interrupt the animation of bestial claws so u basically use 2 skills at once which is legit.(this is exactly the same as a champion using brutal strikes then clobber etc.)
    The next skill I see in combat analysis is sudden maul which I also used as u can see in the video.
    Now we see 'unarmed attack', which is the same as auto attack. So this is not a skill you can use or whatever this is how turbine/lotro made it. You can see I used it 6 times which is alot for 5 seconds. As we look in the combat log you can see warg will use 2 auto attacks after the first skill sudden pounce,bestial claws and sudden maul.
    Well the next skill is sudden pounce. This means it doesnt have any defences and can't block parry and evade because it's stunned. This then means you can hit very high and also crit very easily.
    the last you see is howl from the shadow which doesn't do dps but does silence the target. The good thing of this skill is that it interrupts the animation of the skill you use before like I used it after bestial claws.

This post is intended for the purpose of explanation and not as a guide for others.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000007e62e/signature.png]Monrid[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Twaningira View Post

This post is intended for the purpose of explanation and not as a guide for others.
    Ho ho ho.

Hello Folks,

Thought I'd pop my head in and see what was going on, I was gonna start by saying I look forward to seeing you in the moors soon, even after the bad stuff ppl have told me about it's current state, but then I saw this :

Quote Originally Posted by DrNikos View Post
    Aint touching pvp until They fix macroing..

Been blown up by numerous wargs in 1 second...

21 attacks in 1 sec..

A friend showed me what he can do With penetrating shot. Macroing 40 penetrating shots With 0 sec delay. No skill animation, all Done in 2 seconds. Result? 300k damage in 2 secs.
    I laughed from the absurdity of it tbh, if this is the true state of pvp right now, I can't quite understand why anyone bothers anymore lol. Can only hope that they remove macros from pvp and let the script kiddies run back to CoD.

That said.. Nice to see so many old folk still around and I guess we still got some epic memories of what the moors used to be, shame it's been neglected to this extent.

Catch ya IG,

Corm
    Cormaq R12 Hnt (KIA 06/07/10) / Kormaq R9 Hnt / Cormie R6 Grd / Cormy R6 Brg / Freepkilla R11 Warg (KIA 06/07/10) + Others

Quote Originally Posted by Kormaq View Post
    Hello Folks,

Thought I'd pop my head in and see what was going on, I was gonna start by saying I look forward to seeing you in the moors soon, even after the bad stuff ppl have told me about it's current state, but then I saw this :

I laughed from the absurdity of it tbh, if this is the true state of pvp right now, I can't quite understand why anyone bothers anymore lol. Can only hope that they remove macros from pvp and let the script kiddies run back to CoD.

That said.. Nice to see so many old folk still around and I guess we still got some epic memories of what the moors used to be, shame it's been neglected to this extent.

Catch ya IG,

Corm
    Just to avoid misunderstandings, it was a copy paste of Erlo's statement that he'd quit pvp.
    But that truth is that many (both sides) exploit the game my any means possible and openly,as the GMs wont do anything about it.
    TB should have declared the use of macros(or any other cheat) an exploit, and atleast start warning players.
    I am sad to say that it seems like it is too late now.An once great game became a pitiful site.TB must start pulling rabbits out of hats TODAY if they ever care of keeping the fans/players/customers.and with ESO in 4 months,they have to apply major changes in order to achieve that.
    Can they do it? I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeny View Post
    Right now the PvMP and even the whole game is in terrible state. Balance is very weird. Creep classes are really outdated right now and need a huge revamp and this is not just add 1 more skill. Some things that should be fixed in 12.1.1 or 12.2(whatever comes first!).

Fix all kind of macro stuff.

Overally
    Fix diminishing returns, they are broken
    Fix stun pots, they are not working right now.
    Stun and daze should go for one immunity mode, stunning and then dazing should be impossible.
    Disable all +100% renown buffs, turn them into old +20% renown buff.
    Fear immunity buff for 10 secs after a fear.
    1 hour time between logging freep/creep.
    Bring back 30 secs logout time
    PvMP stats

Creep side
    Lower the wargs crit rate in shadow and increase the damage/mitigations in flyer mode.
    75%-100% increase to HOTs of defiler.
    Increase the CDS of MT/WL Rez/Wrath/HIPS/Sprint x2(from 1 min to 2mins for example).
    Return the 1 min duration brand for r15s(not mordirith brands, not for store brands, just for rank 15s)
    Fix OOC/ICPR
    Update Consumable potions.
    Update some of the traits(230 tactical mitigation? really?)
    Give defilers two group wide bubbles with shared cd(one bubble for 15% of morale valid only for melee damage, one bubble for 15% of morale for ranged/tactical damage) and make it work like rk bubble(either max 12 people or everyone in 10 meter range).
    One non-induction heal for WLS usable on move will be great.
    Add a tail effect to the spider web.

Freep side
    Fix captain bubble, maybe lower the yellow line heals a bit.
    Buff RK HOTS, increase the cd for group bubble and make it a skill with maximum 12 targets.
    Incrase the cd of Thriump of Spirit.
    Fix the way AIM interacts with Coup de Grace.
    Mitigate Wardens DOTs.
    Increase the DPS of red-line champ.
    Update at least some of the ettenmoors jewelry/offhands.
    Increase the duration of LM antistun so you can give it to two people(Heal/Tank combo)
    Minstrels can revive max 1 person with the OOC skill, its highly exploited skill right now.
    Increase the cd of RK lighting stone, perma -50% slow + stun is just too much. Or and make it to give +30% run speed buff to the RK, so it can still be used to kite but not to slow a whole raid in RvR situations.
    Give burgs the ability to track stealthed creeps, instead giving this ability to hunters.

Those improvements will make the game way more enjoyable at least for me. Its a pretty big list and its interesting that are a lot of them worked just a year ago, but were needlessly removed. Right now the PvMP feels like an old Counter Strike 1.6 Server full of kids using speedhacks. I am sure noone wants to play a game like this.
    yellow line cappies are just a joke atm, si is just annoyingly short, or cooldown is too long.
    Freeps seem to farm (atleast 2 weeks ago when i still played) creep raids, I mean orders like do not kill warleaders so they can rez more peeps, or stop healing for a sec so creeps can kill something aswell, obviously show how broken the pvp atm is.
    I find lm improved BE dot a bit too OP, u can crit 3k with it, stack it 3x easaly. I prefer the longer 1 for my dear beloved warg friends^^
    I see no new etten jewels, or offhands, cloaks all got fate, I prefer the cloaks shown in beta, and 2nd age LIs for r10+?
    Give all skills atleast a short cooldown or a longer induction/ cast duration, to avoid macro spam. Oh and dont remove my 100% buffs yet, just stacked up 130 of them
    (should never have been introduced tbh, just make peeps work for their renown/infamy)
    Best would be: revamp it into a new SoA pvp thingy, without the rollbacks, and things will be fine (unless ur a current OP class....)

Meanwhile im hiding in Aion, hoping for a good revamp because the current situation is just >.<

Interesting how both sides DONT enjoy much in current pvp state, but when you come online by night there is 40+ vs 40+...

cant even have fun at the 40vs40 when the skill lag is 15sec
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/FNzskt1.jpg[/img]

Angalruk r14 BlackArrow-Eldar
    Angalmir r12 Runekeeper-Eldar

Angry

A RANT TO END ALL RANTS!!!

I'm so very sorry people. But enough is enough! The time has come to just go completely and utterly MAD, and let it all out. I really, really REALLY do not give a damn anymore . . . . !!!!!

Here comes a massive tirade, aimed mostly at turbine. If you don't like walls of text, just move along.

I had a long chat with Ekla the other day. It came as a pleasant surprise to me that his thought aligned almost totally with mine. He suggested I do a write up of what is wrong with the moors, and come up with some solutions. I laughed. What a waste a time, I said. Who cares anymore? Turbine certainly don’t. And what makes you think I can say anything that hasn’t been said a thousand times before? Besides, the troll brigade will show up in very short order and chirp-chirp away that I’m just a creep QQer. No thanks mate.

Well, I changed my mind. Here follows the last rant, the rant of all rants. It’s quite a bad tempered one, so it won’t be pretty. The opinions are my own. Some of you will no doubt strongly disagree. A few may even be offended. That is not my intent. If you want a slanging match because of it, carry on. Troll away by all means. I’m past caring.

The Ettenmoors is just a sorry, sorry mess at the moment. Turbine have totally mishandled this update. I thought it couldn’t possibly be worse than RoR. But now PvP is wrecked. The game as a whole is on its last legs. And all our concerns are met with silence, and there are SO many. They litter thread after thread after thread. No one at turbine has shown even the slightest sign of doing anything about it, or even giving a damn. When you consider the almost TOTAL lack of engaging, productive end game content at the moment, all that is really left to do is the Moors. But it is in chaos. However… one update to the Moors would make it once again a perfectly viable end-game theatre. I am quite positive that it COULD very easily be restored to functional order once again - if turbine wanted to make the effort.

I’ll put myself in their shoes for just a moment. If I was on their staff I would take my list of these ‘things to do’ to the next dev meeting, based on my observations on PvP, and cause a proper scene. I would really go to town! For God’s sake, this stuff isn’t rocket science! There are simple things YOU, TURBINE, could do to fix this! And I’m not even talking about all the bugs, or exploiting/macroing/clubbing and problems of this sort, nor the terrible laaaaag, or any of the other numerous game mechanics and policies, or even taking into account suggestions of new maps or new classes -- or any of the myriad other issues.

Right at this moment I’m just talking about the BASIC STUFF. COMBAT 1.01! But also, as you will see, the trouble far exceeds just combat and the Ettenmoors. It runs throughout every aspect of the game, and deep into its very foundations - which I believe are starting to crack. Ultimately, I wish Lotro could revisit an earlier game model, say the Shadows of Angar or Moria. Of course, if that model would yield turbine less profit than the current one, they would never consider it. That’s the sad reality of our world today, where for the large corporation profit is god, and people are nothing.

But let’s just say they did want to roll things back, or just make a few radical changes. Some may sound completely crazy to you, others totally impractical. But do not desperate problems call for desperate solutions? And could it be any worse than it is right now? With work Ettenmoors COULD be repaired and re-conditioned, and go a long way to making PvP a far better experience for everyone! I’m talking about fights that are open, fair, and above all else FUN! That’s my key word here, FUN. Where has the fun gone?

Of course everybody has their own idea of what ‘fun’ is. I understand that many players may well have a completely different viewpoint in how they define the word ‘fun’, and in how they approach the game and play it for their personal entertainment. Just look at the petty lamers, ez-moders, and exploiters that we see. They, I assume, are just doing it to have fun, not really caring about much else. Maybe these terms are a little harsh. Maybe a lot of players are just young. And that isn’t their fault. Young means inexperienced. Young means attitude: young, brash, and cocky as hell. We were all young, right? It would be wrong to judge them, and I’ve been guilty of doing so in the past. For that I apologise.

So if there really is a proliferation of young players right now, then they probably understand, identify with, and quite probably WANT a different type of game to me, and to some of you. They want to kick the #### out of everything the moment they aggro it. They want fast thrills and instant success. Quite possibly what has happened is that Turbine have been listening to these young voices, and making provision for them. Who knows? I’m just speculating.

We were all young once, even this grumpy sod, who first picked up a video game joystick in the 70’s. But these days my expectations are a lot higher. The simple games of youth don't cut it anymore, do they? And now Lotro is a simple game… ESO beckons and I wish I didn’t feel compelled to just move on. I love middle-earth and I love(d) Lotro. The game doesn’t deliver anything near what it used to in the shape of challenging, fun, and quality end-game content. But Lotro did start out great. It was superb! Lotro hit its peak with Moria. Remember the 21st Hall back in the day? It was packed. Hardly elbow room to move some nights. So many people, so busy busy busy with so many interesting end game things to do. Three raids we had (inc turtle), and eight 6-man instances (inc Forgotten treasury and HoC). Turbine, you set the bar VERY high in quality and quantity with that Exp. But you’ve continued to fall short of it, FAR short of it, year after year ever since. Do you really think we can now be in any way satisfied rebuilding ruined towns, or clicking on ladders in Big Battles??

I personally am not. People are bored, turbine! Your game is in free-fall. I want my Lotro back, where I could fight in difficult yet exciting instances and raids, and achieve hard-earned rewards based on actual skill, actual endeavour, and actual EFFORT, like it used to be! And not just the content, I want combat to be COMBAT again! I do not want everything handed to me on a plate. I don't want to auto-attack my way to victory. I DO NOT WANT TO BE OP. I have no interest in fast thrills and instant success. And I do not want to run sambrog - 7 year old content - 1,000 times just for a poxy necklace. Yes I hear what you’re saying. How can turbine possibly design a game that meets all ends, satisfies every taste? I know. But I still have a right to stand firm in my corner, and argue for what I believe in, fighting for the game that I love. I can do no more…

All this frustration translates very much into PvP as well, which is the only alternative destination for the end-game player if turbine will no longer deliver instances and raids. But Ettens is in disarray due to turbine's utter negligence! Time to sort it out, once and for all! I want to see an end to the ez-mode camping and farming and zerging night after night after night. It is endless and boring and useless. But such is our game now, which is dismantling itself before our very eyes. I want a PVP zone where freeps can fight on a par, toe-to-toe, with creeps, and creeps can fight on a par, toe-to-toe, with freeps. In Ettens I want to see creeps and freeps share a comparable level of DPS potential, CC effects, and healing output, where neither one can outshine the other with just raw numbers, but can only do so with skill and with strategy, rather than getting a free-ride because their class is so absurdly OP. I’m not calling for classes to mirror each other. I’m not even asking for parity across the board. Just a scaling down of the ‘trinity’ of DPS/CC/Heals that have on freepside rocketed to ridiculous levels. To counter it turbine simply sky-rocketed creep morale and skill cooldowns to equally ridiculous levels. This is why we have this mess.

Sadly, turbine seem no longer interested in giving us a game that promotes evenness, or fairness, or challenge worthy of our skill. Of course, it’s more about the Store now, and $$$. And gameplay itself has suffered, and combat is now a total farce. And unfortunately it has attracted too many types whose sole aim is to stamp on the credibility and principles of this game and everyone playing it, to stand above other people and exert their OP dominance, and exploit it at every turn, either because they are young and thus know no better, or because their hefty ego outweighs their integrity.

The following is what Combat in Lotro has become now. Lotro in HD in a nutshell:

-Huge DPS numbers.
    -CC overkill.
    -Massive heals.
    -Almost immortal skills on some classes.
    -Absurdly short cooldowns.
    -Bubbles everywhere.

Seriously! Somewhere along the line Lotro ran off the tracks. Now it’s completely out of control, and careering very close to the edge of a cliff. I could go on about the rest of Lotro, but this is about PvP. Ettenmoors needs a big fat reset button. THE FOLLOWING IS HOW I WOULD DO IT...

Warning** (If you WANT to be OP, or worse, think you DESERVE to be OP, or you’re just young and being OP is your preferred style of play, or you actually NEED to be OP because you SUCK - like some people we know of here - you should look away now, as you will certainly hate this list and it will make you cry.)

FREEP COMBAT IN THE MOORS, AND THE 'TRINITY'

(The traditional trinity includes tanking, but as there's no tanking in the moors I've replaced it with CC)

MASSIVE DPS! I myself could hit 13k on my BA before U12.1. Even now, with freeps having Aud, I can still hit 6k to 8k sometimes. That constitutes virtually 50% of a freep’s morale in one hit. One! Freeps can hit for a similar percentage of creep morale with 20k+ hits. I’ve heard of one 30k hit. It’s nonsense turbine. DPS on both sides needs a large scale reduction! Firstly, I would begin by vastly decreasing the magnitude of criticals to a sensible and practical level. Perhaps even place a CAP on crits (moors only). 5k would be reasonable. Of course alongside that I'm suggesting that freep and creep morale pools be brought back down to what they were in RoR.

Secondly DoTs. Turbine you need to gut out this entire system and rework it, particularly those of Wardens. I’ve seen Warden bleeds hitting regularly for 3k and 4k. I’ve seen one hit for even 8k. A DoT - next to a BA DoT for example that ticks for 150-250! After rescaling the DoTs to SANE levels turbine, please then ensure that they are going correctly through mitigation checks, which they are not right now

CAPS! Put a cap on crits, put a cap on heals, put a cap on CC. Cap it all! Caps should not and must not be overlooked. But they have been. It has been totally forgotten why we had caps IN THE FIRST PLACE: to prevent a total mess. If you take away the caps this is what happens! Reasonable caps NEED to be reintroduced for freeps and creeps alike. Everything is now so out of proportion it’s ridiculous, and cannot possibly be sustained. And let’s not stop with capping damage or healing effects… Bring back the Stats cap as well! Or maybe just apply the stats cap when freeps enter the moors. Caps work, you see? End this travesty! Keep everything within a sensible and established CAP, and we will never hear of QQ again! Never did turbine make a worse mistake when they removed the stat cap back in RoI.

CROWD CONTROL! Reduce the effects of CC durations and cooldowns, on both sides. Constant, incessant, everlasting, unremoveable CC effects are just APPALLING right now. I’m not suggesting CC is removed of course, as it’s a fundamental and important gameplay component. But what we see right now is CC on bloody steroids, and it high time it got its #### kicked! Remember Dunland, I mean, STUNland? Not fun was it. Utter ####, in fact! In PvP it’s ten times worse - for the creeps anyway. All this mega-CC does is STOP people playing. It’s like, you’re trying to get from A to B, driving down this road to reach your destination, but you’re stopped dead every 20 yards by a set of goddamn traffic lights. How is this productive? How is being stunned EVERY 3 SECONDS WITHOUT IMMUNITY TO COUNTER IT, fun?! There is no FUN in being stunned once, recovering, then being stunned immediately again… and so on and so forth, so that for 90% of the fight you are not fighting at all but standing there dazed, or knocked down, or not being able to move (ie, NOT be able to FIGHT). Let everybody fight turbine!

We are here to have FUN, which is to FIGHT, and CC is a killer of FUN, as it removes the basic concept of er, FIGHTING! Enough! CC needs a massive MASSIVE nerf across the board! Put it back to a bare minimum in the Moors! At the very least I suggest that after receiving the first daze/mez/stun/root, implement a 30 second immunity against being dazed/mezzed/stunned/rooted again. Applies obviously to both sides.

HEALING! Freeps have healing skills that can hit 15k, restoring morale pools to 100% in 1 second. Just lol. Freeps can put out big heals and bubbles in a general Aoe without even being grouped! Just lol again. And yes a WL can heal 25k+, but that’s barely 50% of a creep’s morale pool. But both of these need to be trimmed down to fall in line with new a morale scheme. Firstly, I submit outgoing heals should be capped at 5k, keeping in mind that both freeps and creeps should revert to having comparable morale pools of around 12k at the bottom end, and say 20k at the top. Secondly, assert an aggressive reduction on all freep healing skills, not just in the exaggerated numbers but in cooldowns also. No more 2 or 3 freeps out-healing the onslaught of an ENTIRE creep raid. No more god-like captains! No more absurd bubbles and fairy lights that freep raids run round with. Leave that #### to lesser MMOs, or sci-fi games. There are no deflector-shields in Prof. Tolkien’s works. They have no place in middle-earth. I mean, what the hell is Frodo wasting his time for? Just give the ring to a bloody cappy and have him or her take it to Mordor solo. FFS.

I am not anti-minstrel or anti-healer. I loved my mini. I say give me back my old minstrel turbine! I hate what Orion began in RoI with redesigning that class. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT! I was very proud of my achievement in healing all of the old raid content on level. The best though was OD hard mode. My kin was one of only 5 that achieved that at level 65. I tanked it all and healed it all. Those were epic fights! Healing Durin’s Bane HM was a very tough proposition, but I did it, and I sweated for it, with pure good old fashioned EFFORT, and INTELLIGENCE, and TIMING of skills. No 100% heals, no vast AoEs or codas or soddin bubbles and ####! Leave it out turbine! The challenge of healing is yet another element of Lotro that has been DUMBED DOWN to oblivion. And it stinks!

Another problem with bubbles: they are a further strain on an already bloated mountain of graphics effects, which is exacerbated by LMs and RKs. All this kills the action dead with lag. So lose the bloody fairy lights! And put healing back to what it was: a noble art, that required passion, dedication, and craft. Not a bloody faceroll! Also put all incoming and outgoing healing percentages and effects back to what they were in SoA.

OTHER POINTS

--Repair all freep mitigation tables, and ensure that every instance of incoming creep damage is checked against those tables.

--Give freeps PvP-specific gear, armour/jewelry/weps, that are earned along and throughout the PvP ranking curve, and maybe from deeds as well for the really epic stuff. This to be used only in PvP. Outside, open-world PvE gear should be barred from use in the moors. And why not?

--Power pools. They are so horribly broken due to the changes made to stats and how they functioned. Power used to be a game mechanic, where players could whittle away an enemy’s reserves, using its restrictions against them. One more interesting strategy removed from the toolkit. It is now very rare that a power pool falls to 0. Awesome short-sightedness on turbine’s part, again...

--No more Auto-Flips. What a bloody joke they are.

--Pets, on either side, should not any longer be summoned in combat (except I guess for the LM skill Sic ‘Em… Nuke ‘Em, Zerg ‘Em, or whatever.)

--Bring back the lock-out timer. No more flipping!

--Disallow logging out in combat. Stop the cheaters!

--No more cheap ‘get-out clauses’. Bar these skills from use in the Moors! So no more minis playing dead (yeh, it may work against dumb npcs, but it’s not logical against human players), no more cappy last stand, no more HiPS (burgs and wargs), and last but not least, no more sprinting/charging/make haste in combat! Oh wait, there’s that QQ again. All right then, give reavers a 30sec in-combat sprint to compensate. No? Do away with it all then. (including warg sprint in-combat, sorry doggies). So in summary… yes by all means keep a few panic buttons, but NO MORE cheap get out clauses. Get shot of ALL OF IT. Fight, or DIE. It’s that simple. Don’t like it? Go away then, back to pve land!

--Bubbles. Bah! I can hear the freep QQ already. Okay then. If you must have them, then ONE bubble only, employed by only one class (cappy/minstrel, whatever), and to apply to one target at a time. Mitigates/absorb 90% (not 100%) of damage for a short duration, say 15 secs. Make it the same as the Warleader bubble. This way the NPC and one-shotter bugs will be, or at least SHOULD BE, eliminated! Yes, eliminated, problem solved! Because that is what is happening right now with cappies. Shield of the dunedain alongside audacity takes damage reduction over that 100%, and this is interpreted by your own friendly NPCS as healing the target: therefore you are added to their aggro list. NO MORE bubbles or similar effects absorbing ALL damage, the same for Shield wall. Bar these skills from use in the Moors! No more 100% ANYTHING. 100% of this effect or that has no place here – no place in reality, no place in the lore. Get rid of it!

--Take a long hard look at the ON Buff turbine! It’s broken. It’s always been broken. Remove the +Ren/Inf buff it gives, and have it only grant +mitigation, and +outgoing dmg to the side that is outnumbered. And make it ‘intelligent’, so it constantly adjusts/updates itself in accordance with numbers of players on each side, whether its 3 v 7, or 30 v 50. This way a relatively stable and balanced fight can always be achieved regardless of how many players are fighting. No more farm and zerg! There will be cheaters ofc. Unfortunately Lotro is now infested by those of low (and sometimes no) integrity that will try to cheat, in this instance by probably parking freavers somewhere out of the way to fudge the numbers. So perhaps this buff would ignore players standing at Grams/GV, and count only those that are in combat, etc. (I dunno, I haven’t had time to think this one thru, but it’s something to consider. If nothing else it would sort out the zerging.)

--NPCs. No NPC should ever again stun you or disarm you. I recently pulled all of HH on my reaver. Ofc I was disarmed to high hell and back, and just stood there like a lemon with all skills greyed out. I watched a full minute pass in which I had perhaps a total of ten seconds where I could actually fight. But of course I had my super-duper OP Wrath to save me! This is garbage on both counts. As pointed out earlier, overblown CC like this KILLS THE FIGHT, and that kills the fun, which in turn kills your game turbine. Leave these CC effects to actual players! NPCs should be nothing more than background components that are barely noticeable - except for elites that guard Grams/GV/Rez circles, and Keeps.

--No more Keep buffs, no more DoF buffs, no more frackin’ OP buffs. EVER.

--No more Audacity. What a waste of time. Remind me again what it’s for? Oh yeh, I’ll tell you what it’s for. It’s just a stopgap, a band-aid turbine threw on this open wound called pvp. If you cut dps and heals down to near modest levels, as it should be, you wouldn’t bloody need this lazy, ill-conceived rubbish.

CREEPSIDE AND GENERAL STUFF

--Cut Creep morale in half, put it back to where it was in RoR, and even lower than that, so that it is on a par with freeps (and in accordance with the new morale scheme for both sides I suggested, being between 12k to 20k).

--Reduce magnitude of Creep critical damage numbers to the same cap as freeps.

--Cap and reduce creep healing in the same fashion and by the same amount. Not like for like with freeps, skill for skill, etc, I don’t mean that. I’m not talking about mirroring the classes. I’m talking about capping the values. Cap it at the SAME ceiling. No more insane 5-digit numbers filling up the combat log.

--Remove the ridiculous Creep cooldowns, restore them back to what they were before HD. What sort of game mechanism is it when I can on my BA just hit MT every 40 secs and avoid so much physical damage? Or on my reaver when I can run round with almost perma-wrath? Or on warg Sprint/Hips with almost complete impunity? These are no better than freep bubbles. In fact they are the same! It does not encourage or promote the notion of tactics, clever play, or guile to win your battles. It’s an ‘I win’ button, befitting only of tards. I’m not a tard turbine. I’m not a moron or a chimpanzee. I left freepside to get away from this s**t. I left freepside because it was boring and utterly insulting to run round in god-mode all the time. Turbine, you’ve pandered to too many whiners and moaners that don’t have it in them to WORK for their successes. No pain, no gain! You insult us and our intelligence by giving us these powers and abilities.

--Introduce some better controls for class building, customization. Give creeps trait trees, for example. Give creeps gear. Something!

There’s a million more issues. But this’ll do. It’s too much of a wall of text already…

But so many problems solved! If you are shaking your head right now, it could be that you prefer a different brand of gaming than I do. Fair enough. By no means do I believe that my opinion is the only valid one. I’m just stating my opinion here. You either agree, or you do not. And I would say my beliefs here are impartial and without bias; in favour of neither freeps nor creeps, because I play BOTH (altho not freep in the moors anymore), and I want fair fights for both! And it’s quite possible I’ve upset or offended both sides. Sorry! But above all else here I’m trying to illustrate the root of where our many problems lie. I’ll repeat what I said before: turbine seem to want EVERYONE to have ridiculously powerful abilities, damaging skills, cc, and heals. They are no longer interested in giving us a game that promotes evenness, and fairness – or challenge. And if you say ‘killing a captain is a challenge,’ then I give up. You’ve totally missed the point. Bottom line: gameplay has suffered terribly, becoming a pale ghost of what it once was.

Ettenmoors needs a big fat reset button like I said. Can’t you see how ultimately futile it is otherwise? Under this model, escalating from update to update, PvP will eventually self-destruct, like this:

Hilarious, but ultimately pointless. Get a control turbine and end the madness! If something is not done soon it will get so overblown, so far out of proportion, you will never be able to reverse it. Dial it down and get back to basics. Or you will get hit in the pocket, and hard! ESO is coming, remember?

So, flame away at these suggestions people. I don’t care. Neither should you care really, because it won’t matter. Nothing will be done by turbine anyway. They do not LISTEN! By all means put up counter arguments if you want. But you will never ever convince me that Lotro is in a better state than it once was, or combat is better now than it was in 2007, or even 2011. I heard a rumour a while back that turbine intend to release a major ettens update at some point, suggesting that the awful distortions that we see right now are only temporary, and that they will get round to sorting it out. Eventually. Yeh right, but we’ll see. But hurry turbine. ESO is coming in April. It’s a hot topic on occ every single day! People are so very tired and want to move on now for all the reasons I have given you. So hurry!! You have 4 months. The clock is ticking…

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Interesting how both sides DONT enjoy much in current pvp state, but when you come online by night there is 40+ vs 40+...
    To judge from the 30+ freeps I just saw obliterating the creep raid at LC, very few of the regulars we see posting here are playing. I only recognised a handful of the freeps and I don't think there were any there who I might have played with in MoM or SoM times, let alone SoA.

Among those freeps I did see were Erlo, discovering that CMP is playable in Ettenmoors after all, and at least four or five players who are better known for playing Creep.
    [CENTER]Tarmas Elf Champion R13 | Tarmeg Elf Guardian R6 | Tarmil 95 Elf Warden | Tarmun Elf Hunter R6 | Tarmot Elf Minstrel R6 | Tarmyr Elf Loremaster R6
    Strawn Reaver R6 | Strawz Warg R6 | Strawk Blackarrow R6 | Strawx Warleader R6 | Strawb Defiler R6 | Strawt Weaver R6[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post
    A RANT TO END ALL RANTS!!!
    While not all of your suggestions are practicable, it painfully shows that the way Turbine handles content and classes in general bad and the way how that pans out in Ettenmoors is wrong with a total lack of respect to a big chunk of their paying customers.

Turbine, if you failed at bringing interesting and challenging pve content for your long-time players you will be losing them. On top of that, when many players completely finished your poor dumbed down non-challenging content, they go pvmp in Ettenmoors and precisely that is totally screwed. Not only do you allow players to cheat and exploit without any visible sign of response (exept warning players on the forum who express their displeasure by bringing bugs/exploits to your attention), you are also ignorant to fix most bugs/exploits, you also burk any negative responses.

It all looks like you only try to rake in as much cash as possible by introducing more musthave items in the store. Helms Deep was the poorest expansion so far, released incomplete, and dropped in price very quickly after the release (great gesture to your loyal players ).

As written above, ESO will be released soon and will lure many players away from lotro. How many and will they come back? You must have figures on what happened when Conan, SWTOR, GW2, etc. were released but I do know that I lost many fellow players with each new MMO release and not many returned here.

All in all, do as you please, waste dev resources on housing, festivals and whatever side-table things you can think of, waste more dev-time on store items nobody asks for (except your financial department),

or

listen to your long-time customers and try to make this game a challenging and fun game again.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Uzfang,

That was a very well thought out posting and something I agree with in most cases.

ESO is approaching and Tur -dbine do not give a rats a*se

some very very old screenies of ettens back then, which some probably miss, some maybe hated, and most never knew;

SoA pvp, as ancient as the stars in the sky itself, when we still had star rating, good old times when a full raid chased peeps with 5 stars just for fun^^

MoM minnie raids (+ zargas:P) were always fun, shame u dont see those nowadays anymore :/

never grew tired of teasing ironbones^^ look at dps and morale, it was ok then, no 80k hp or 30k hits back then..

for peeps that are proud with their rank 10 with all the renown/infamy buffs nowadays

when ratkille was still young
    we used to get 1 to max 24 renown/infamy in a raid, with 24 being rly rly rare.... now u can get like... idk, have seen 80 renown from a single kill nowadays..yes.... in a raid..

I will not bother u with no more old screenies, though if some peeps want some others aswell, I still got a few^^
    But as I said earlier, some will miss those good old times, some might not have liked it, and others prob never knew it, and will complain when they get nerfed..
    Im afraid Lotro will only go more easymode and more downhill. lotro has neglected pvp for far too long, to give you a short example of this, go ask the old players how many peeps were needed for dof middle boss....
    Now I can solo it on lm, and no, that requires no skill, simply because the balance is completely gone. I hope lotro will become a fun and challenging game once more, not another easymode zergtrain farmfest.

And that was quite a wall of text gwyndor, but with a lot of good facts and opinions, which probably too few devs share with us:/

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post

Among those freeps I did see were Erlo, discovering that CMP is playable in Ettenmoors after all, and at least four or five players who are better known for playing Creep.
    Aye, CMP is playable in raids in ettens after all. I can solo in tank mode, but thats more, stay alive until someone might cross my path to help me kill it.

This said, atm freeps ARE SERIOUSLY OP in raid vs raid fights! I bow my head there and admit that we are seriously OP running as a raid!

Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast