We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 82 of 150 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3750
    good fights tonight thanks to both sides for some epic action
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Quote Originally Posted by Manes View Post
    There the first kiddo, you proud now to have killed freeps who weren't even able to use skills due to heavy lag?
    Ofc Odo, ofc.

. . . at least i planned already much better ways to spend my money than feeding some not oriented to customers satisfaction company.
    Ofc Odo, ofc.
    The end is near, the ring will melt, but not if I can help it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazkanaggi View Post
    Good to see freeps heroes are back again (nothing do with freep godmodeness ^^) Full freep raid can wipe two creep raid if they know what to do.
    Looks like Turbine fails Helms deep and pvp gonna still be unbalanced. Early ror was pretty balanced, then freep QQ and turbine give their love and unbalanced again. Now they don´t like do same mistake give creep some chance. I try to say, after Helms deep we gonna see Odovocar and faildo still going with their boyfriends. Post-RoR those guys standing Gv stairs and QQ bacause they can´t kill nothing alone....

i wanna play freep, but why Turbine make it so so easy?? it´s almost clubbing right Shentynga?

Edit. i was fail again. Freeps got their godmode update(s) and still didn´t see those two nabs solo over rank 5+ creep(s).
    Lol biggest troll post of This week....

Early ror was even? Are you for real?

This just shows why etten is like it is.. People like this actually exists...

From a creep point of view early ror was great. Freeps with bad gear, bad weapons, not maxed virtues. Old Lviv 75 pvp gear.

A walk in the park for creeps..

This mentality is just lol.

Yes freeps are strong now. We will get owned first 1-3 months with HD. We will struggle a lot until we got raid and instance cluster and the gear that comes along with it..

Once people got a nice spec with new "trait" lines, first agers and jewelleries it will turn again.

Then we can just lock this thread and go back 30-40 pages here and read a little bit every day and exp the same all over again.

Just LIVE with it FFS......

When I get bored in 4-5 months I'm gonna go through old posts and start quoting creeps that qq now about how op freeps are. All the between the lines asking freeps to roll over and die from time to time to show merci to the creeps.. Everyone that now point on freeps being lame and camping, zerging etc.

Because you will do the same and tell freeps to shush and suck it up....

That will fill some hours for me at work in a dark boring February...

Gonna try that for sure, too bad there won't be hobbits there!
    Are you taking your other 23 raid babies with you? Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post

From a creep point of view early ror was great. Freeps with bad gear, bad weapons, not maxed virtues. Old Lviv 75 pvp gear.
    You know Erlo i respect your play, we talked a bit.. But.. Really? You saw sometimes Loremaster called Njegos? My kinm8, Lazareva vojska.. Back than, he was able to survive 4 creeps attacking him, and i was one of them. Ofc, he couldnt dps, he stacked water-lore, but we couldnt kill him. Wardens were even than gods, now...well, you know...Glory champs are today not far away of wardens, and for all those rks, if u ever wondered how to heal, just ask Hesai, thats just silly what is she (maybe he, idk) doing (in a pro way). For minstrels, i remember Tnu running with like..15k, even than, healing himself, only bigger group could kill him.
    +Yes, its true (high ranked) defilers were strong, and freeps had problem with power, but come on... With what dps you imagine to die from defiler? Want me to show you their parses on training dummies?
    Its tough first few days, cause no one has audacity. Biggest problem was FLIPPERS, coming with defilers and leeching for comms they spent on their freeps. So freep flipp, heals everything, his few freep comrades dont kill anything, he gets some comms, and goes back. Thats the problem!!!
    More than 50% of creeps back than was freep leechers! Stay on your side and earn it as you should and we could have balanced fights at least for the start.

I sweared to myself after deleting Eldar laughing section thread that i will not comment anymore here, apologies to myself and prob to others that would get nervous, but no one else would tell you about examples.

Cheers
    Commander Mreza, proud Leader of Kokosovo mleko

[QUOTE=BrekkaSrbenda;6929708]Are you taking your other 23 raid babies with you? Please do.

+Yes, its true (high ranked) defilers were strong, and freeps had problem with power, but come on... With what dps you imagine to die from defiler? Want me to show you their parses on training dummies?
    Its tough first few days, cause no one has audacity. Biggest problem was FLIPPERS, coming with defilers and leeching for comms they spent on their freeps. So freep flipp, heals everything, his few freep comrades dont kill anything, he gets some comms, and goes back. Thats the problem!!!
    More than 50% of creeps back than was freep leechers! Stay on your side and earn it as you should and we could have balanced fights at least for the start.

SKK,u unlocked ur burg armor by creep afternoon pve(which i use to run sometimes) back in day,what kinda nonsense is this now?!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyke View Post
    SKK,u unlocked ur burg armor by creep afternoon pve(which i use to run sometimes) back in day,what kinda nonsense is this now?!
    Well, not unlocked, but i got some amount, unfortunately with you Rimgar :P

I got RoR burglars Unseen set armour also with spiders/wls commendations, but only cause its best for LOTRO PvE side.

P.S. dont try to troll me, neighbour :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrekkaSrbenda View Post
    Well, not unlocked, but i got some amount, unfortunately with you Rimgar :P

I got RoR burglars Unseen set armour also with spiders/wls commendations, but only cause its best for LOTRO PvE side.

P.S. dont try to troll me, neighbour :P
    trolling...well again dont be hipocrit ur the guy who spam ooc all the time whit all kinda a bs!

trolling...well again dont be hipocrit ur the guy who spam ooc all the time whit all kinda a bs!
    You can always put me on ignore list if its "bs".
    "Hipocrit", i see you learning new words, nice man

You can always put me on ignore list if its "bs".
    "Hipocrit", i see you learning new words, nice man
    I belive u can discuss all night like this,its not much else u capble of...but u play like half year creep n u talking about fliping n u still play ur burg pve n pvp if it would be free(be real),had to point that out in case u forgot!

I belive u can discuss all night like this,its not much else u capble of...but u play like half year creep n u talking about fliping n u still play ur burg pve n pvp if it would be free(be real),had to point that out in case u forgot!
    We know each other, we both know what are your capabilities, dont start an argument with me.
    I am never again and i would never play freep side, not even with my burg.
    No wonder nobody from your last kin likes you, we know you much better than your new tribies/kinnies. Glad someone can put up with your attitude, 'pro'.

P.S. still sparing with ppl on that log in Enedwaith?

We know each other, we both know what are your capabilities, dont start an argument with me.
    I am never again and i would never play freep side, not even with my burg.
    No wonder nobody from your last kin likes you, we know you much better than your new tribies/kinnies. Glad someone can put up with your attitude, 'pro'.

P.S. still sparing with ppl on that log in Enedwaith?
    I just hope u didnt spy me irl n i hope all that hate n dislike come from my hunter play in ettens,since i dont remamber meeting u irl so that u can actully make that judge of like or dislike

Quote Originally Posted by Erlo View Post

A walk in the park for creeps..

This mentality is just lol.

Yes freeps are strong now. We will get owned first 1-3 months with HD. We will struggle a lot until we got raid and instance cluster and the gear that comes along with it..

Once people got a nice spec with new "trait" lines, first agers and jewelleries it will turn again.

Then we can just lock this thread and go back 30-40 pages here and read a little bit every day and exp the same all over again.

Just LIVE with it FFS......

When I get bored in 4-5 months I'm gonna go through old posts and start quoting creeps that qq now about how op freeps are. All the between the lines asking freeps to roll over and die from time to time to show merci to the creeps.. Everyone that now point on freeps being lame and camping, zerging etc.

Because you will do the same and tell freeps to shush and suck it up....

That will fill some hours for me at work in a dark boring February...
    Trolling.... ok where did you lost your 2nd age, new auda gear, virtues etc??? I had 2nd age, virtues, new auda gear. If you coming to etten with bad gear, don´t cry if you die fast. I was playing my burg more early-ror then now.

"Yes freeps are strong now. We will get owned first 1-3 months with HD". first, freeps are freaking godmode atm. It´s miracle creeps even play this game anymore. You really should try some creep classes Bob. Have you tested Beta?? i can tell freeps will not get owned. lvl 85 freeps almost can kill lvl 95 high ranks creeps... i wanna see how much lvl 95 freep can facerolled lvl 95 creeps, but that is ok right??

Did you remember glory time of Boromir?? how many uruks he soloed, how brave he was and then BOOOM ezmoder range class Ba (im pretty sure that was Ironbones) pewpew and Boromir died... nerf ba.
    So many freeps using this card. Because, creeps need number if they wanna kill FREEP. NOW the book-card is completed.

If you can´t kill few creeps with your chimp same time.... maybe it´s time to look yourself in the mirror. I wanna balanced pvp, i wanna play my burg, i wanna play my creep.

first, freeps are freaking godmode atm
    Wargs that make >1000DPS(i am sure that any freep class can't do such DPS on any creep class, cmon, on NPC i make ~1400DPS), spawning Claws without CD that make damage over 1000 per hit(which is strange, CD should be 3 seconds, but my combat analyser say different), with crit chance of over 85% (which is strange, my burg have crit rate maxed and i can't make that crit hit on NPC)

BAs with VT that hit for over 4k. Revenge that can hit to 3k.

Reavers that hit 2-3k few hits in a row.

Spider's DOT; in 10 seconds while i am under HIPS i lose 4k only from DOTs.

So i don't know what godmode you are talking about.

I've spent the last few days browsing other servers PvMp forums and one thing sets us apart from the majority of the other servers and that is the perception that freeps are overpowered. On other servers it is the opposite and Creeps are overpowered. So this leads to the assumption that either our freep players are superb at playing their class or our creep players are really poor at playing theirs. I'm not pointing fingers at all but it does seem odd that Eldar stands out as a minority with regards to this issue. anyway just a thought.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Quote Originally Posted by Shirkaster View Post
    Wargs that make >1000DPS(i am sure that any freep class can't do such DPS on any creep class, cmon, on NPC i make ~1400DPS), spawning Claws without CD that make damage over 1000 per hit(which is strange, CD should be 3 seconds, but my combat analyser say different), with crit chance of over 85% (which is strange, my burg have crit rate maxed and i can't make that crit hit on NPC)

I can play this game too...

Wargs claws has 1sec cooldown, not 3sec (funny that you have a warg too, but you didnt know that?)

Hunters can hit over 5k with heartseeker, and way over 3k with merciful shot (and not to mention the penetrating shot which for some hunters on eldar seems to be the only skill at ettens...)

Champs can hit way more than 2-3k with remorseless, ferocious strikes and merciful strike... (and the bubbles...)

lol-masters can hit easily over 4-5k with ents and sticky gourd, not bad for ranged aoe skills... (and they have lots of other nice skills, like the famous water-lol)

and rks can hit 3k+ with almost every skill they have, and then is ofc the epic conclusion which hits these days, maybe 8-10k?

and the wardens... well, everyone knows what they do, so no point for me to start explaining...

So... I know exactly what Godmode he is talking about...

Shirk, are u joking bro? Really? You cant be serious...
    First of all, you are GAMBLER burglar, you are not even DPS traited, to consider you a dps, you are support traited. So dont even speak about wargs that ARE DPS CLASS.
    Second - Runekeepers hitting with 7k on HIGH RANKED creeps, EVEN WAR LEADERS WITH 50% CRIT DEFENSE.
    Hunters are squishy class, but.. Should i speak about Eruhins (for example) dps? He can pvn everyone in mili seconds.
    Champs are maybe the strongest class in moors now, with dps, and plenty of 'oh sht' skills.
    F-in LORE MASTERS!!!!! Hitting 7k with that Ents, or whatever is called.
    Wardens bleeds are 10 times stronger than spiders, AND THEY CANT BE REMOVED, BY ANY MEANS, and there is 2 FREEP CLASSES REMOVING ALL THE POISONS FROM TARGETS, and rks and minnies now can remove all/1 every 2 seconds.
    Burglar is never and it will never be about big numbers, you should know that. And if u want to get you dps up, trait glass cannon Quiet knife, and let me see your parse. Yes, with hunters squishines, burglar is atm not so PvP appealing class, but still. One burglar, we both know him(maybe you 2 are even neighbours) is doing pretty fine in the moors. I lost yesterday 2vs2, 1vs1 against him.

Your mastery in moors with 2 ops is 35k? Right? Thats like 120%? You wanna know my mastery? Its aroun 70% with 2 ops, and i trait glass cannon (No defensive corruptions).
    Difference is not in Creep < Freep dps (even though that is true), but in SURVIVABILITY SKILLS - heals, bubbles, shields, protections, smaller-incoming damage.
    You obviously forgot how your warg is 3 times squishier (Shadow, not flayer) than freep without audacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    I've spent the last few days browsing other servers PvMp forums and one thing sets us apart from the majority of the other servers and that is the perception that freeps are overpowered. On other servers it is the opposite and Creeps are overpowered. So this leads to the assumption that either our freep players are superb at playing their class or our creep players are really poor at playing theirs. I'm not pointing fingers at all but it does seem odd that Eldar stands out as a minority with regards to this issue. anyway just a thought.
    Be serious Ellemere.. Its just getting silly. Every creep on every single server in LOTRO is QQing about imbalance, all the freeps know its like that, except one, where creeps have just one big tribe, and they are always grouped, separated all around a map and just zerging every freep that comes out of GV.

Balanced... Jesus... Spider is OP for you ppl cause its not too easy to kill it. Its not OP, we at least have a chance, along with R12+ reavers, to kill decent player in 1 vs 1...

Ba hitting 4k, hmmmmm sounds op? lol
    burg hitting 6k+?

but hunters are freep version of ba?

Seems fair.

-NufNuff

Quote Originally Posted by falzr View Post
    Ba hitting 4k, hmmmmm sounds op? lol
    burg hitting 6k+?

but hunters are freep version of ba?

Seems fair.

-NufNuff
    16,5k on r6-7 defiler!?!?! LOL

@Odo
    You keep talking about 1minute OUT OF COMBAT brands - on the side you couldnt be rooted for 1 min (we all know that stun and daze are much more efficient than roots), Stun and Daze imunity is what we did have once, also for 1 min. Now, we dont have anything similar because of freep QQs before u10, but you still have LORE MASTERS STUN IMUNITY, ALL THE TIME. Whole raid, cant be stunned never, but we can.

For the ppl that thinks creeps are gonna farm someone when HD releases.. Well, im not violating anything when i say - No.

Just another thought about the contradictory nature of people's attitudes. Tempers run high, insults and abuse are hurled around frequently, sometimes things get very personal, all of this for something which is just a game. Many people seem to react to incidents in game as though they have a real world impact on them, getting more upset about this than they might about the more serious world of reality. Yet i rarely see anyone wanting to play the game as if it was real, as though the char was actually fighting in Middle Earth rather than just pixels on a screen. I understand not everyone wants to role play but if you are going to get that worked up about some pixels, why not carry your emotions all the way through to your gameplay and play like its real.
    Actually, if you did play your character like they were at war rather than playing a game you might find you get a lot less worked up. In a game, you can use terms like 'unsporting' and get upset when people are rude. If you acted like you were in a warzone, which is most defintely not a game, then it would be bloody, brutal, and extremely unfair. But it would be entirely expected. A battalion from one army does not just leave the enemy alone because they are wandering along on their own, they kill or capture. In Ettens you can't capture so you kill. In war you do whatever you can to get an advantage over the other side, including taking enemy outposts, sending in spies etc...
    Now i am not saying that everyone should play like that, if you want to treat it as just a game rather than a war then that is up to you but perhaps there should be acceptance that some people want to treat it as a war. And just generally more calm for all.

By the way, i don't advocate one way or the other, i will play it like the people surrounding me do, i was just making some observations. Personally i don't really have strong feelings about PvP, i am only there due to it being the only thing in game i haven't completed yet.
    A little gripe about that point coming i'm afraid. I have received a lot of negativity from people regarding my reason for being in Ettens. I find it incredibly hard to believe that if there were no rank, no rewards, no buffs, no character progression of any kind on either side, there would be anything but a handful of people in the Ettens. They would be the few who are here for PvP's sake only. The majority of people i see currently though say they are interested in nothing but the PvP. It is human nature to not do something for nothing and this applies even more so in situations where being not being selfless will not harm anyone, such as in a game. People like to see the numbers go up, whichever numbers they may be. People like to see their characters get better and more items become available to them. The difference, purely in my own opinion of course, is that most people feel some guilt about it, they need to appear 'above all that' and so wouldn't tell you if they wanted rank, if they wanted the horse etc. I have no such issues. I am not a selfish person but it is not wrong to enjoy doing something which has no negative impact on anybody at all and it is a shame more people don't just admit this rather than hide behind assertions that all reward could be removed and they would still be there. The sense of guilt is probably why people are so hostile, i admit what they dare not.

Shirkaster Shirkaster, my m8 you have warg, wanna spar against my burg??

Balanced... Jesus... Spider is OP for you ppl cause its not too easy to kill it. Its not OP, we at least have a chance, along with R12+ reavers, to kill decent player in 1 vs 1...
    Spider really is hard to kill, but not OP. I know the tactic against spider, but havent try it yet. If i can´t kill you easy, you´re just OPOPOP ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Just another thought about the contradictory nature of people's attitudes. Tempers run high, insults and abuse are hurled around frequently, sometimes things get very personal, all of this for something which is just a game. Many people seem to react to incidents in game as though they have a real world impact on them, getting more upset about this than they might about the more serious world of reality. Yet i rarely see anyone wanting to play the game as if it was real, as though the char was actually fighting in Middle Earth rather than just pixels on a screen. I understand not everyone wants to role play but if you are going to get that worked up about some pixels, why not carry your emotions all the way through to your gameplay and play like its real.
    Actually, if you did play your character like they were at war rather than playing a game you might find you get a lot less worked up. In a game, you can use terms like 'unsporting' and get upset when people are rude. If you acted like you were in a warzone, which is most defintely not a game, then it would be bloody, brutal, and extremely unfair. But it would be entirely expected. A battalion from one army does not just leave the enemy alone because they are wandering along on their own, they kill or capture. In Ettens you can't capture so you kill. In war you do whatever you can to get an advantage over the other side, including taking enemy outposts, sending in spies etc...
    Now i am not saying that everyone should play like that, if you want to treat it as just a game rather than a war then that is up to you but perhaps there should be acceptance that some people want to treat it as a war. And just generally more calm for all.
    Even IF you look at it as being a war, it's still a game whether you like it or not...there are rules, both those imposed by Turbine [hard law] and general rules of etiquette which are not set in stone but are generally respected by both sides [soft law]. Hence why swearing is not allowed, neither is clubbing now and corpse-jumping while not against the rules per se is highly frowned upon. Same goes for lc3 spars, I believe Laura had made a very good post about this issue a while back so won't reiterate it. If you REALLY want to play this as if it's war, once you die, logout and never log back in... As it stands, this is a game (even if people get too worked up over it as you rightly pointed out) and like any other game it's most fun when the game is fair, who would want to play/watch a football match where one team has more players than the other? What I think you're trying to get at is that people are hypocritical sometimes in that they advocate the "it's a game so let's make it fair" ideology when it suits them and the "all's fair in love and war" mentality when that suits them. If that's what you're implying then I agree with you, people from both sides do it, yet the side which is OP at any given time tends to prefer adopting the WAR ideology, since it eases their conscience when fighting unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinmithrandir View Post
    Even IF you look at it as being a war, it's still a game whether you like it or not...there are rules, both those imposed by Turbine [hard law] and general rules of etiquette which are not set in stone but are generally respected by both sides [soft law]. Hence why swearing is not allowed, neither is clubbing now and corpse-jumping while not against the rules per se is highly frowned upon. Same goes for lc3 spars, I believe Laura had made a very good post about this issue a while back so won't reiterate it. If you REALLY want to play this as if it's war, once you die, logout and never log back in... As it stands, this is a game (even if people get too worked up over it as you rightly pointed out) and like any other game it's most fun when the game is fair, who would want to play/watch a football match where one team has more players than the other? What I think you're trying to get at is that people are hypocritical sometimes in that they advocate the "it's a game so let's make it fair" ideology when it suits them and the "all's fair in love and war" mentality when that suits them. If that's what you're implying then I agree with you, people from both sides do it, yet the side which is OP at any given time tends to prefer adopting the WAR ideology, since it eases their conscience when fighting unfairly.

That is what i was saying yes. You can't have it both ways. You can't complain about wanting fair play in a game then if you slip up and do something unfair, use the defence of it being a war in the context of the game. As i said, i will go with the majority, as i am not bothered if we treat it as a game or a war. And i am glad that you seem to agree about people getting far too worked up. If you treat it as a game, you really shouldn't let it affect you as much as many people do. If you treat it as a war, then even so, it is still a pretend war so don't get so upset in reality. And whichever way you like to think of it, be consistent in your beliefs, don't switch to make yourself look better.

Spider really is hard to kill, but not OP. I know the tactic against spider, but havent try it yet. If i can´t kill you easy, you´re just OPOPOP ^^
    Exactly! Yes, its not mashing buttons vs spiders, there are classes you are stronger against, and vs you dont stand a chance. I think every class have that, freep classes more than creep but, meh..
    I dont say im the best, neither im good, i do a good job, can kill some, often i die, but im sure its not OP- god mode.
    Tactical classes are much stronger, cause of lots of tact mitigation, and plenty of heals, mediums (not considering wardens), are mostly not attacking first, but when they do, they have a bit advantage, and heavies are alot like light armours, hard to do anything, if they dont exclude some skills in 1 vs 1.

If someone wants to test something/themselves, im glad to help
    If someone wants to try a creep side, send me a message i will help around, like i did to many creeps in last year (except if your char name is not Odovocar or Faildo).
    Come and see it from our perspective.

Cheers

P.S. I want to thank Miethil, for sparring few times, at least it was fair fight. I guess he doesnt read forums, so if u know him, please tell him that.

I'm not ashamed to say that i'm still playing just because i'm near to rank and i got a lifetime, the real fun is over by long time and precisely by few months after the game turned into f2p and the scheme behind passed from "how can we make our customers happy" to "how can we squeeze more money from our customers" and the best way to do that, unfortunately, passes from introducing items that affect the game mechanics, if it's annoying on pve go figure on a pvp area and i don't envy the devolepers of the game, what is their reference scheme to make the pvp balanced? Do they consider that all creeps buy skills? Half of them? Just a small number? Do they consider creeps and freeps use brand from store? All of them, part of them, none of them? And fall injury immunity? Store pots? What if in a server all sides use the items in store but in another server that doesn't happen or mostly one side only? Does it make sense anymore to talk about skills? In an online game who's richer starts already in advantage since they can buy a faster pc and a faster connection, but when you put in store some items that can give large advantage, then the game is dead, there's no more competition and it's all pay to win, that's why i made my compliments to Blindings, because when you see kids who come to gank you with all the benefits given by daddy's money and ruin your play, the temptation to take the credit card and give them a lesson back is high, very high, but in the end you resist and don't go down to their level, you know that making this would be exactly what developers want and would be stupid to reward those who ruined the best game in the world, we can talk about fair play for ages but in the end 90% of players are only interested in winning and everything's allowed to reach the goal.
    Captain-General Odovocar Balger, the Alluring

I'm not ashamed to say that i'm still playing just because i'm near to rank and i got a lifetime, the real fun is over by long time and precisely by few months after the game turned into f2p and the scheme behind passed from "how can we make our customers happy" to "how can we squeeze more money from our customers" and the best way to do that, unfortunately, passes from introducing items that affect the game mechanics, if it's annoying on pve go figure on a pvp area and i don't envy the devolepers of the game, what is their reference scheme to make the pvp balanced? Do they consider that all creeps buy skills? Half of them? Just a small number? Do they consider creeps and freeps use brand from store? All of them, part of them, none of them? And fall injury immunity? Store pots? What if in a server all sides use the items in store but in another server that doesn't happen or mostly one side only? Does it make sense anymore to talk about skills? In an online game who's richer starts already in advantage since they can buy a faster pc and a faster connection, but when you put in store some items that can give large advantage, then the game is dead, there's no more competition and it's all pay to win, that's why i made my compliments to Blindings, because when you see kids who come to gank you with all the benefits given by daddy's money and ruin your play, the temptation to take the credit card and give them a lesson back is high, very high, but in the end you resist and don't go down to their level, you know that making this would be exactly what developers want and would be stupid to reward those who ruined the best game in the world, we can talk about fair play for ages but in the end 90% of players are only interested in winning and everything's allowed to reach the goal.
    Agreed, on all of those points Odo, except perhaps the 90% of players thing. For what I've observed there are still a large number who resist the store, and who want to play fair, and with relatively good manners. I also fully understand what Elle said, about this being perceived as a war, or a game? Well I used to play war (toy soldiers et al) with my brother when I was a kid. It was war, but also a game. And yes if one of us didn't play fair an argument would ensue. There are always rules, hard and soft (the etiquette). And even in real war, there are rules, called 'rules of engagement', which if violated you can be tried for and court-martialed. No one's suggesting anything like that for pvp, but just a reasonable observance of hard and soft rules (which Din mentioned), by everyone involved. Of course you can't 'control' or have influence over what anyone else is doing on your side, but you do have full control over what you as an individual do - your own personal responsibility for being a fair player, and a decent human being. I don't expect everyone to understand that, or go along with that, but there you are...

As for the store which you mentioned odo, I have used the store, but only in Pve situations, like to buy a relic or for relic removal (when you couldn't get it in game etc), I think I've bought a few cosmetic items too. This sort of thing. But never in PvP have I used it to enhance my character's buffs or stats or survivability, on either side. I did recently get one of those 100% Inf buff things that was a free offer (costing 0 TPs). I've got that on my reaver I think. The biggest dilemma though, is when to use it!?

If there are any creeps that use these things, like store pots and brands, fall immunities, this kind of stuff, I don't know. Probably some do. Most, I assume, don't have the TPs for it, and would refuse to buy them anyway. I do see a fair few on freepside though who clearly are store customers. But each to the their own, I don't really care. If i have to jump from a keep and break my legs but the freep behind me doesn't because he's immune, and he catches me easily and kills me, then fine. He's getting what he/she paid for, and that's an ability to be more effective. They want that power, and for it they've put their money in turbine's purse. I don't like these extra abilities (personally I think store buffs should be banned from the moors), and I'll moan about it in the heat of the moment, but ultimately that individual will likely get flagged either in tribe chat or ooc, and there will be a number of creeps thereafter taking a special interest in targeting them. Sometimes you just end up making a rod for your own back.

Page 82 of 150 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 92 132 ... LastLast