We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 285 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Kewan View Post
    Thanks to the 'mighty' freep leader who is a cowardly keep hugger. Just so you know, the games you play ain't interesting anymore. Moreover, logging off when you see harmonizer's raid won't resolve anything.
    Sorry to hear, you feel like this, but it is not very fun to go out not even a full raid against 1½ creep raid and warg pack - so yea - sometimes we expect you to attack! Maybe freeps are OP atm - but not that much!
    Aeleann, Officer of Keepers of Silmarils
    War-Lord of Frontline PvP Alliance
    Leader of Laurelin Rising Sun PvMP Event Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Seregdin View Post
    08/16/2011 R.I.P. Laurelin Ettenmoors
    Oh - I heard rumours, that it is 'Kill Seregdin'-day today

Quote Originally Posted by Kewan View Post
    Thanks to the 'mighty' freep leader who is a cowardly keep hugger. Just so you know, the games you play ain't interesting anymore. Moreover, logging off when you see harmonizer's raid won't resolve anything.
    Funny coming from you.3 weeks ago u was in the same raid u should know better. i tried last night, just couldnt take the creeps in the open, tried gy fight, tried Sop tried, tried tr, lots of things within the raid wasnt going well.if creeps dont want to attack with raid + extras+ wp(btw i never had a full raid last night).You should also know most of the time im attacking stuff mostly LC so dont go QQ.
    and BTW the reason i disbanded as i explain to the raid last night was i didnt want to HUG TR not my way of doing things and it was not possible to get the creeps to come fight where we could respawn and come back quicky.
    Last edited by Bertro; Aug 17 2011 at 09:54 AM.

fighting near a respawn is ok, retreating everytime and forcing the opponent to fight ON your respawn in range of oneshots is....silly =P

Quote Originally Posted by Felathurin View Post
    fighting near a respawn is ok, retreating everytime and forcing the opponent to fight ON your respawn in range of oneshots is....silly =P
    Not unless you can do ranged pew pew from the safety of those!
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/5/4/9/0/0/5654900bzdgw.png[/img][/url]

Good to see the pvp is still alive good to be back!!

Latest news on the Landroval event saturday - they are making a warg raid same night!
    We might actually get to kill something there!

I wrote this on their forum:

Your burglars will be looted!
    Your captains will be slain!
    Your champions will look like amateurs!
    Your guardians will be fleeing!
    Your hunters will be hunted!
    Your lore masters will be thrown to the past!
    Your minstrels will be silenced!
    Your rune keepers will be sleepers!
    Your wardens will be speared!

Be prepared, or suffer our wrath...
    Laurelin is coming.

Sharpen your blades!
    Let's show em, what we Laurelins are made of!

/cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MechFierce View Post
    This is very true...

But this isn't true... creeps are reforming.. and are about to attack. Only to find that all freeps have logged and all they get to do is PvE the map back to red. Yey..... zzzzzz.
    Was just browsing throught but just HAD to reply to this... Harmo you dont enjoy PVE???? :O

Cool Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoir View Post
    Was just browsing throught but just HAD to reply to this... Harmo you dont enjoy PVE???? :O
    Lets see...

I've been playing on this map since beta... duo'd every single keep, solo'd and duo'd all OPs and CPs, 3-manned all bosses in DoF....

I have 1 Main PvE character who doesn't even raid and rarely joins anything requiring anything over a 3man, but frequently solos/duos content requiring raids, fellowships or small groups.

I do things that require a challenge. If parts of PvE are challenging.. sure it will be fun. But if there isn't a challenge... such as PvEing a keep with a raid without any freeps defending... then NO... it is not "enjoyable" but I would do it anyway for the benefit of my fellow creep players who need DP for upgrades and deeds finished for maps.

Infamy is a secondary reward under 'Fun and Challenging' but if I'm not having fun or met with a challenge... then there is no reason to play.

So I turn it into the reverse... and give myself a reason.

(If I cannot find a rival, I'll force the environment to produce one)

I challenge my freep counterparts to various exercises in PvMP... to see how they perform. I can obliterate everything in sight and see if they all log, or if they 'man-up', regroup, and kick my behind. Eventually someone will rise to the occasion and attempt to 'put me in my place'.

As of now, no one can really do that without the word 'zerg' involved.. and even then sometimes I come out on top.

Sorry for sounding egotistical... I don't mean to be, but I am challenge driven and as of now freeps are extremely boring whenever I am online.
    Last edited by Ornaith; Aug 19 2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Guild Leader and General of Karn Aanug

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

Lets see...

I've been playing on this map since beta... duo'd every single keep, solo'd and duo'd all OPs and CPs, 3-manned all bosses in DoF....

I have 1 Main PvE character who doesn't even > ..........>< As of now, no one can really do that without the word 'zerg' involved.. and even then sometimes I come out on top.

Sorry for sounding egotistical... I don't mean to be, but I am challenge driven and as of now freeps are extremely boring whenever I am online.
    You need to play your warg more often

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post
    You need to play your warg more often
    Cannot lead a raid with a warg... least... not as effectively.

Otherwise, wargs are easy to play... and I'd probably just be a scouting warg for leaders like I used to be.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

Cannot lead a raid with a warg... least... not as effectively.

Otherwise, wargs are easy to play... and I'd probably just be a scouting warg for leaders like I used to be.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I didn't mean as a raid. A duo or small group of wargs is always a challenge to play. And loads of fun. At least it is at the moment.

Thumbs up Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Lets see...
    ... but frequently solos/duos content requiring raids...
    Hehe, must be tough being one of the best, if not the best, PVE'er on Laurelin.
    So, how to get adequate opposition to make it challenging?

Ofc, you already answered that question, so I'll just affirm it with a by-standers perception of an ordinary session in the Ettenmoors, featuring Harmonizer...

- Harmo logs in, to find the usual EC/OC/TA lawn pew-pew/rvr-charging/burg-warg-ganking. Dull!
    - Harmo in ooc: Raid open, join up maggots! Let's kick them back to Bree!
    - Harmo's raid slaughters the unorganized freeps
    - Harmo's raid kills everything in sight - freeps in ooc cheer, finally some good action!
    - Harmo's raid zerg EC with the soloers or duos there, a few times, until even the most thick headed freeps stop riding back.
    - Harmo in creep ooc: Ha, did you see them run like chickens! Thinking EC would stop us! On to TR maggots!
    - The freep numbers are at this moment halved. The wise and experienced have left...
    - Harmo'a raid charges TR, kills a few freeps and then continues to farm TR lawn/gate, until even the most thick headed freeps stop riding back.
    - The few freeps still in the Ettenmoors, are at GV.
    - Harmo's raid roams around searching for new, unsuspecting freeps, to teach a fun lesson.
    - Freep activity in various channels trying to form a raid.
    - 15-30 minutes pass and freeps have a raid.
    - Finally some fun fights...
    - Freep raid try to take TR, but wipe, due to being noobs.
    - Freep raid try to take LC, but wipe, due to being noobs.
    - Freep and Harmo's raid, plus wargs, fight in the open. It's a fight that can go both ways, but freeps get the upper hand. Harmo's raid flee at the slightest sign of a risk of losing.
    - Harmo's raid sits in TA, Hornblower and everything else activated.
    - Freeps try to get a fight, but Harmo's raid are waiting for a mistake.
    - Harmo in creep ooc: There, the LM pet pulled everything. Obliterate them!
    - Freeps die like flies. Harmo's raid have zero casualties.
    - Open fight again. This time Harmo's raid have the upper hand. Freep raid fight till it's a wipe.
    - Open fight again. Now freep raid get the upper hand. Harmo's raid run, I mean tactically retreat, with few casualties.
    - It's getting late and people start to drop off and leave the Ettenmoors.
    - Various creeps write in the Tree thread thanking for a fun evening.
    - Everyone is happy.

I do things that require a challenge.
    QFT!

...and as of now freeps are extremely boring whenever I am online.
    I'm positive things will change for the better...

First of all, two anonymous people... with Anti-Harmo sentiments. This response isn't for you, it is to address prevalence of Harmo Hate that some seem to be spouting non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilkiz View Post
    Hehe, must be tough being one of the best, if not the best, PVE'er on Laurelin.
    So, how to get adequate opposition to make it challenging?

Ofc, you already answered that question, so I'll just affirm it with a by-standers perception of an ordinary session in the Ettenmoors, featuring Harmonizer...

- Harmo logs in, to find the usual EC/OC/TA lawn pew-pew/rvr-charging/burg-warg-ganking. Dull!
    - Harmo in ooc: Raid open, join up maggots! Let's kick them back to Bree!
    - Harmo's raid slaughters the unorganized freeps
    - Harmo's raid kills everything in sight - freeps in ooc cheer, finally some good action!
    - Harmo's raid zerg EC with the soloers or duos there, a few times, until even the most thick headed freeps stop riding back.
    - Harmo in creep ooc: Ha, did you see them run like chickens! Thinking EC would stop us! On to TR maggots!
    - The freep numbers are at this moment halved. The wise and experienced have left...
    - Harmo'a raid charges TR, kills a few freeps and then continues to farm TR lawn/gate, until even the most thick headed freeps stop riding back.
    - The few freeps still in the Ettenmoors, are at GV.
    - Harmo's raid roams around searching for new, unsuspecting freeps, to teach a fun lesson.
    - Freep activity in various channels trying to form a raid.
    - 15-30 minutes pass and freeps have a raid.
    - Finally some fun fights...
    - Freep raid try to take TR, but wipe, due to being noobs.
    - Freep raid try to take LC, but wipe, due to being noobs.
    - Freep and Harmo's raid, plus wargs, fight in the open. It's a fight that can go both ways, but freeps get the upper hand. Harmo's raid flee at the slightest sign of a risk of losing.
    - Open fight again. This time Harmo's raid have the upper hand. Freep raid fight till it's a wipe.
    - Open fight again. Now freep raid get the upper hand. Harmo's raid run, I mean tactically retreat, with few casualties.
    - It's getting late and people start to drop off and leave the Ettenmoors.
    - Various creeps write in the Tree thread thanking for a fun evening.
    - Everyone is happy.

QFT!

I'm positive things will change for the better...

One large quote of misunderstanding due to a lack of reading comprehension.

I never said I was the best at PvE, I said I enjoy a challenge.. so I like to do some of those things over what most would consider the norm. (Ex: doing a raid skirmish at lower level, no reward.. but its fun. )

As for your "summary" of a typical pvmp session. Is this typical freep Anti-Harmo Propaganda? I'm no where near as demented as some freeps seem to think.

Perspectives: Your View Vs My View

You in a Nutshell

1. "Fleeing"
    2. Forms Raids on a whim
    3. After wiping freeps at EC... he goes to TR
    4. Ganks random loners... then on a red map Harmo raid roams around
    5. Sits in TA
    6. Harmo either never makes a mistake or waits for freeps to make mistakes
    7. Attitude
    8. The definition of 'Fun'

Harmo's Perspective

1. By allowing "Fleeing" I am not forcing others to play my way... not everyone wants to die and those who want to stay alive are free to do so after I call for people to scatter. Another thing, tactically retreating and regrouping for a push or further falling back is an ooooold strat dude. Most freeps use it every time they pvmp lol.
    2. I form a raid when I feel it is necessary, freeps are getting plenty of kills... creeps are not. So I form a raid to organize them a bit better and help them rank up. Once a raid is created, it is hard to judge when to dissolve it. One moment zero freeps, the next moment two keeps fall simultaneously. But usually I stick to tribe group/raids if nothing "big" is needed.
    3. Seriously? Complaining that I come to a more defensible freep location to fight when I can overrun freeps in EC...?
    4. Soooo I can't roam around hoping freeps get their act together and pull out with a raid nor keep an eye on keeps and check on them personally. Plus you expect me to control every single person in my raid to not gank the loner. By the time I say Do...n't the person would've already been dead mid-word. Also on occasion I do go after loners if they are RKs, high value targets (high rating), or if someone is close to rank.
    5. I sit in TA because it is The Best place to defend when being outnumbered. If I am there, I am outnumbered.
    6. This is just crazy, I make mistakes all the time and I reassure my raid every time I do make a mistake that I will try my best to correct that mistake the next time. As for freeps making mistakes.. I don't force freeps to screw up, but they do on occasion and yes I can produce opportunities of error, but I can't force it. These errors are usually due to lack of directions from the freep leader(s).
    7. Throughout the entirety of your post, it seems like I am a major ###. Yet the worst thing I say in my raids are "Move your asses!" I am extremely polite to everyone. Yet stuff like your post really pisses me off. Do not EVER put words in my mouth.
    8. "Fun" is different for everybody, just because someone likes one thing doesn't mean it is universally true. Don't be a sore loser or winner or whatever .

My summary:

A few people on freepside have a lot of things they do not like.

They see Harmonizer as an easy target to pin their issues.

For example:

"He waits for us to make a mistake!"

Many "mistakes" are easily fixed or bypassed. Freeps have an enormous amount of abilities that surpass creeps. Regarding the current state of the Ettenmoors, Freeps should be wiping the floor with us.

They want to believe I am a Villian sent to destroy their "fun times" in pvmp. Wake up people... I'm here to have fun too. I may not always take into account the "fun-ness" freeps are having, but when both sides go at it... it's hard to argue that the entire day was a bust.

Yet people do! Evidence being (Post now deleted it seems):

Originally Posted by SlapHappy
    WOW, what a **** you truly are especially after having your rear kicked tonight
    Where, after a good friday night of PvMP with both sides winning and losing.. a random dude absolutely must come on here to gloat about what? Me dying?! My attitude?! I asked for a challenge and I got it! I'm ecstatic!

I really had a fun time this Friday, big thanks to Dynna for actually bringing some real action. And yes, you guys did kick my butt a few times.

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

I really had a fun time this Friday, big thanks to Dynna for actually bringing some real action. And yes, you guys did kick my butt a few times.
    The thanks go to both sides from my perspective - was an awesome night guys!

We are all there to have fun - and we all payed to be there too.

Couldnt we try, for one week, only to post possitive feedback?

It will work 200 % better than judging each other...

I really had a fun time this Friday, big thanks to Dynna for actually bringing some real action. And yes, you guys did kick my butt a few times. [/QUOTE]

Ok...well there has been "real action" for months in the moors, with alot of fun for both sides, not just when someone you like fighting againts leads.

Bert, Brim, Teran, Gauldy, Nerfy & Celob have been doing a great job at leading and we've had some fantastic evenings.

I know that alot of people dont like the map being rolled so early during prime time .....unless theres a GY alot of people won't come in, I'm all for taking TR but later in the evenings.

"I challenge my freep counterparts to various exercises in PvMP... to see how they perform. I can obliterate everything in sight and see if they all log, or if they 'man-up', regroup, and kick my behind. Eventually someone will rise to the occasion and attempt to 'put me in my place'.

As of now, no one can really do that without the word 'zerg' involved.. and even then sometimes I come out on top.

Sorry for sounding egotistical... I don't mean to be, but I am challenge driven and as of now freeps are extremely boring whenever I am online. "

Saying stuff like this is bound to get peoples backs up because it's simply not true, you will probaily say I'm just saying it as it is or somthing like that but your statement is incorrect.

Lets just get on with the fighting
    Last edited by Palinkir; Aug 20 2011 at 04:14 AM.
    [COLOR=red]Palinkirk - RVR R12, Webey Spid R7, Swab WL R4, Rottern BA R4[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#008000]Palinkir - Hunter R10, Toroga Champ R8
    [/COLOR]

To be fair, Pal, I can say the exact same thing about your statement. I can also neglect to add aany supporting evidence as to why it is incorrect. YaY for pointless posting!

I'm not gonna get into who is right or wrong on either side, all i will say is Harmo you used to be very well respected in the moors by the creeps and the freeps but with your activities and play style over the last half a year or so you have lost most of that respect, especially mine to the point where i felt i had to remove my chars from KA cause it was kind of embarrassing being associated with you, now im sure my respect for you meant zilch and that dont matter to me but i dont think im the only one with these feelings of dissapointment in your actions, and i find it such shame you have gone so far downhill in peoples perspective, but as long as you are having fun yourself
    i guess it dont matter to you that you are wrecking it for so many others.

Where is the challenge on playing with an army of wls using bouble on you and same amount of defilers as your own dedicated healers....

its so challenging...

I haven't changed my leading style since the beginning of the game. Anyone saying differently is reaching.

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

Hope to see lots of people on Landroval tonight .

Pali, Harmo I'm actually fairly disappointed that you ended up posting AT ALL in this thread, this is pointless bickering and you should have seen it as such. I would really suggest you both stop posting here, as you set off pages and pages of bickering every time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0100001356a0/signature.png]Grukgash[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][EN-RP] Laurelin[/COLOR]
    [I][FONT=Arial Narrow]Surgite atque resurgite dum agni leones fient.[/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Garathas View Post
    Hope to see lots of people on Landroval tonight .

Pali, Harmo I'm actually fairly disappointed that you ended up posting AT ALL in this thread, this is pointless bickering and you should have seen it as such. I would really suggest you both stop posting here, as you set off pages and pages of bickering every time.
    Apologies, as I said... I was hoping to clear the air. The Harmo-Hating has gotten ridiculous and awfully old.

Guild Wars 2 - WvW Guild
    Karn Aanug Guild Website

Apologies, as I said... I was hoping to clear the air. The Harmo-Hating has gotten ridiculous and awfully old.
    If you really want to clear the air.. stop being a keep hugging potato and start actyally fight with your raids again

First of all, two anonymous people...
    Not my intention to be anonymous, just can't seem to get the signature text to show up.
    I'm Yilkiz/Zor(bin|buk|laq|kil]/Cinanduil.

with Anti-Harmo sentiments. This response isn't for you, it is to address prevalence of Harmo Hate that some seem to be spouting non-stop.
    If you're a front figure in the Moors, and a rather vocal one, you should expect to receive and be able to handle some criticism (the occasional outburst of very rude posts excluded ofc).
    What you call "Harmo Hate" - ever wondered why people have something against your playing style? Even care?
    Guess not...but there might be the explanation of people's reactions.
    As someone wrote in this thread, it's a fact there are people having issues with your (occasional) play style/reputation. Either you, as in Harmo, try to do something about it, or you could just ignore it and continue as usual...

I joined freep raid late at the evening, when the raid vs raid fighting was already high, and there were some very good fights, with freeps wiping/losing sometimes and creeps wiping/losing other times. As it should be...according to me.
    Yilk, Zorb, Cin, Zoy

oO

HAI TREE!!!!!!

Page 23 of 285 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast