We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 282 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Goldthalion View Post
    What are u waiting for EZmoders? we are a fellow and a bunch of soloers against 14-15 visible freeps plus noobglars, c´mon stop hugging TR and show us some nuts.
    *chuckle*
    Not only a, your favourite word here, hypocrite, but a first class muppet as well...way to go. *clap, clap*

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrimhir View Post
    if you are with a small group roaming around oc, there is some creeps around, charge, kill some of them, get back, let them come from the GY and go again during some time how do you call it?

it's for that what the new creeps are crying about farming if i am not wrong ...
    The way you describe it, I would not call that farming. Honestly.
    If it's happening about five times in a row, exactly the same way, I can see why someone would call it farming, but then like Maxxel said, it's just stupid of those Creeps for going back to OC all the time.

Yillkiz, you're right that I'm making it easy for myself by claiming it holds no meaning. But was I wrong doing that?
    I realize that the slogan of Karn Aanug (Farmers Begone!) is one of the reasons why this is brought up all the time, why we're called hypocrits.
    And if we use the definition of Yillkiz, we are. But the definition used, when the slogan was made, is different. Possibly even different from my own defintion, by my own definition Farming isn't something bad at all, it's just sometimes boring.

I see farming as something done by both sides. One side has to let themselves be farmed in order to make farming possible at all. When one side kills the other side, you can't say it's farming because it's not repetetive. Only when it happens AGAIN in the same way at the same place, one might start saying it's farming. But now you have to realize how dumb the losers of the first fight are to come back to the exact same place only to get killed (or farmed) again.
    In Celebrimhir's example, it'd be stupid for the Creeps to return to OC, they were killed there before and they will die there again. Who's making a mistake here? The offensive players, just killing what they can, or the defensive side going out of safety and dying again?
    The previous example is one of a situation that shouldn't persist, the Creeps should not return.
    Now an example of a 'farming' situation that will persist, unless either side actively stops. GY farming I call this. When the freeps are outnumbered and outgunned they'd retreat to the slopes south of TR GY, there the freeps and creeps could continue fighting. The Creeps were too strong and numerous to get wiped and the Freeps had a GY to back them up. Fights at these locations can last forever. I personally like these fights a lot, huge fights with lots of kills for both sides. The big plus for me in this is that you don't fight for 5 minutes and then run around the map for 20 minutes until the next fight starts, this fight could just last for an hour.
    The next example is (or so I believe) the reason for the slogan of KA.
    Bridge farming, Mornaro-style. When the bridges had no NPCs on them, TA was red, EC was blue (obviously). The ping pong (between EC and TA main gate) would go on for ages, both sides would get kills. These fights weren't much different from the GY farming I described above, the big difference was that the Bridge Farming happened pretty much 24/7 and the GY farming happens every odd week.

By my definition you can't say someone is skilled in farming. You can't really blame the other side for farming, because you're causing it yourself.
    I realize this won't stop people calling each other farmers, but I hope I convinced some people.

That's why I asked for other definitions, so I realize what people are really talking about.
    I feel like an often used definition goes like this:
    Repeatedly killing the other side.
    By this definition, Yillkiz, I believe Harmo is a skilled farmer. By the definition I gave, well, like I said, you can't be skilled at it, because the other side has to cooperate.

Repeatedly killing the other side.
    But, honestly, is this a bad thing? Isn't this the goal of PvP? As defender, aren't you supposed to come up with something to make sure you won't loose next time? Will it help calling the other side "farmers"?

PS Keep farming is slightly different again, but I won't go into that for the sake of too much text in one post.
    [URL="http://karn-aanug.mmoguildsites.com/"][CENTER][I][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Georgia"]Aurora Rubra Venit[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER][/URL]

I started to write a lengthy reply back, but nah. Not really needed.
    It was a good post Turu, and it enlightens that there are different views on various subjects.

I don't mind farming either, unless it's uneven in numbers/strength, e.g. a wp waiting at a strategic point and killing off soloers time after time, or a group hanging around OC and killing off a lone creep trying to get into the relative safety of OC, coming from the gy.

You write it's the farmee's fault, for letting them being farmed repeatedly (in a fashion where they do not get any kills themselves, but only die all the time - i.e. not the gy farming raid vs raid style you gave an example of, where both sides get kills)
    I'd say it's even more the farmers fault, or should I say responsibility, as they have the strength/power to dictate the odds of fights.

Let me give you a, perhaps perceived as stupid by some, example from the so called real world.

A 10 y.o. boy takes the bus to school every morning. At the stop near school, five other boys wait for him every morning and beat him up because he wears glasses and is a bit overweight.

Is it the boys fault he gets beaten up, because he doesn't get off the bus earlier and walks an extra 15 minutes to school?

With power comes responsibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Yilkiz View Post
    With power comes responsibility...
    That's a very good point, which I agree with.
    However in most situations it is in the interest of those who care only for Inf/Ren (and do not wish to take responsibility) to not over-farm the defenders so they leave/log off.

The only way to show responsibility is to venture to locations where the outnumbered defenders have the advantage. This has nothing to do with farming, but rather with passive/aggresive, cowardly/suicidal playstyles.
    I think saying a group of players is too passive is a valid accusation. Saying a group is farming doesn't quite cut it.

In the OC example, it'd be wise for the creeps to head for a safer location. Say Dar-gazag. The freeps then should take the responsibility to go there and fight, but if the Creeps don't stop returning to OC in the first place, you can hardly blame the attackers.
    [URL="http://karn-aanug.mmoguildsites.com/"][CENTER][I][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Georgia"]Aurora Rubra Venit[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Turukano View Post
    In the OC example, it'd be wise for the creeps to head for a safer location. Say Dar-gazag. The freeps then should take the responsibility to go there and fight, but if the Creeps don't stop returning to OC in the first place, you can hardly blame the attackers.
    In my OC example, there was one creep returning to OC, i.e. a very skewed balance.
    In such cases I always blame the attackers.

In my OC example, there was one creep returning to OC, i.e. a very skewed balance.
    In such cases I always blame the attackers.
    I would too, but mostly for the fact it's so close to the GY.

But still I'd say, why walk to OC again if you got killed on the same location just ago?
    The first time it happens wouldn't be farming, more like camping. Oh god, not another such word.

Quote Originally Posted by Turukano View Post
    But still I'd say, why walk to OC again if you got killed on the same location just ago?
    As an attacker, I for sure wouldn't care what reasons the other person has, I'd leave him/her alone.

But:
    Maybe he/she thinks it's safer with the npc's in OC, if he/she gets in there.
    Maybe he/she wants to hand in a quest in OC.
    Maybe he/she just wants to prove a point.

It's really beside the point - remember, with power comes responsibility.

As an attacker, I for sure wouldn't care what reasons the other person has, I'd leave him/her alone.

But:
    Maybe he/she thinks it's safer with the npc's in OC, if he/she gets in there.
    Maybe he/she wants to hand in a quest in OC.
    Maybe he/she just wants to prove a point.

It's really beside the point - remember, with power comes responsibility.
    If I'm on my Reaver and running around on TR fields trying to kill freeps that go from TR GY -> EC, I let someone be after 2 or 3 kills. But I don't expect someone to do that for me, I'd rather find a solution myself than to trust my foe to take it easy on me.
    But this is just my opinion and how I expect people to behave.

And it has nothing to do with farming anymore. More like ganking or camping.

Well, either you understand it or you don't...

The leaderboard is filling up, there is 82 pages of laurelins players, you can see there the renown/infamy and the rating of every player who has been in ettenmoors, when complete you can see too the gear of the players

here is the link
    Grishlugrat BA rank 11
    Celebrimhir rank 11 Minstrel of [URL="http://www.comunidadhispania.com"]Hispanea[/URL]

loled at Faileon 1999 rating
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c010000159585/signature.png]Schurox[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fabuloso View Post
    some of our burgs not updated got 2k, the rks are not included in the list, maybe in the weekend we got all the people in the system and the gear can be consulted
    Grishlugrat BA rank 11
    Celebrimhir rank 11 Minstrel of [URL="http://www.comunidadhispania.com"]Hispanea[/URL]

[OOC] Linolo: 'so hispanea reatrded tonight aswell'
    [OOC] Linolo: 'should be proud of your lame kinnies mongolito'

Well, your kinship must be really "nice" if they allow his pet to insult a whole kinship via occ just because hes a bad loser.

PD.Tattoo the word "loser" on your forehead and get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldthalion View Post
    Well, your kinship must be really "nice" if they allow his pet to insult a whole kinship via occ just because hes a bad loser.
    Hahaha, you of all players should perhaps keep your mouth shut regarding this kind of behaviour...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabuloso View Post
    Ya! Wtfomgbbq! They better update it to my 2k and bring back stars!

just sayin'

Hahaha, you of all players should really keep your mouth shut regarding this kind of behaviour...
    There, fixed it for you
    Lieutenant Altarias, Swift Executioner
    Warden

Master-at-arms Aristaer, the Unwise
    Rune-keeper healing

Sergeant-at-Arms Flambras, King of the Mountain
    Burglar

All fighting with his Shield Brothers on [EN-RP] Laurelin.

And from the Great Eye,

Chief Guard Lalonir Qenonac of Memento Mori

Lool , i see too much love on Hispa from the freep side too. Its not too late to change your profile as players. Just try to zerg less, and die more often. No wait. Its too late. Ahahaha. Love teasing you guys.
    Chrysamere , Warden 100lv r10 - Tanking since 2008
    Chrysamerer, Champion 97lv - AoE dpsing since 2007
    Mambra, Reaver r10 - killing freeps since 2008
    ==The only true Spartan descendant warden==

Hello all! It's Welmur the dying LM, some of you might now me, rest of you not. Good to see new tree, i mostly usually just read it and not writing anything, but it's really disappointing to see so much hate here... It's just game, take it easy and relax at moors. You're just blaming each other here and there, imo everyone plays on their own style. Playing is meant to be fun.

Except i have one suggestion, if you see "spar" in woods, wait till it's over and kill the winner after it, if he/she is opponent, everyone wins :P (defending raid/group member is different)

I think that's all for now, dunno if anyone understood my point.

See you at moors!
    -Welmur

Hey Welmur, Gwawmoth here .

You're probably referring to more than one incident when asking people to let 1v1's run (and it's something I agree with and personally try and do when I realise what's going on), but I know for a fact that you and I had a very close 'spar' in the woods near LC yesterday, and that Garhgash ran up and killed you just as you were about to pwn me .

I don't want to speak for Garhgash, but in fairness to him he was pitching in to return a favour, as I'd just helped him finish off An on SB. I imagine it was pretty frustrating as it was a hard fought and close battle, and you deserved the win.

In any event, it gave me the chance to complain in ooc about how difficult to beat in 1v1's LMs are (at least for badly played Wargs). You can ask Histar for the full list of skills I decided that you should refrain from using to give me a chance, but I believe the highlights included: Wisdom of the Council; Ents Go to War; Anti-stun; Pets; any DoTs; any Damage skills; any Healing skills.

Sorry again, and cheers for the exciting fight. To make you feel a bit better I declare to all on the Tree: Welmur > Gwawmoth (at least he was yesterday: I'll remember Rend Flesh next time and hopefully my bleeds will kill you after you splat me! ).

I also concur with the 'more love, less flaming/kinbashing' theme. To heal some of the rifts, come and fight together at Joylil's 'Rising Sun' event on Sunday! Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin Unite! All welcome, you just need a level 10 freep on Vanyar so you can roll a creep there, takes about 2 hours. For more details check out Joylil's various Rising Sun threads here on the Turbine forums.

And lastly: \o/ Altariaaaaaaaaaasssssss!!!!! (to be read like '\o/ Khaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!!'). Cheers for the close 1v1 at the river, I'll get you one of these days! (unless you were still holding back some CDs, then I guess I'll have to wait until Wargs get their 'eye lasers' buff with Isengard).

Grolmog, Rank 6 WL
    Gwawmoth, Rank 7 Warg
    Groga, Rank 5 Defiler
    Daedelith, Rank 4 Weaver
    Last edited by Grolmog; Jul 08 2011 at 03:19 AM.

So here I am. Welmur, I had no idea about 1v1, I have seen you and your bear in woods long time before you started to fight Gwaw. I decided to stay till raid finish CG to get 2k DP and look for you after. I noticed your Barlog first, and some fight going on behind tree. I had no idea how many freeps and creeps may be involved, charged in and killed you, as a my first target. Sorry.
    Garhgash - r9 Reavah, Garhaluk - r9 WL
    Garhbash - r7 BA, Garhtrana - r7 Spidey

No hard feelings Gar, it happens But I didn't talk about yesterday, but about everyday, too often happens that someone is on unblanned 1vs1 fight, it has been on for a while, then someone sees that and goes BANG, gets 1-4 ren/inf (plus possible kb). As I said, my suggestions is to just let them finish what they had started, then kill winner or /cheer for your team winner. (Also remember that accidents happens as Gar yesterday.)
    But I woulnd't call EC/OC fights 1vs1 fights when daily happening is going, or when group of soloers is running together and one gets attacked.

Gwaw, it was very nice fight, I enjoyed it! It gave really good practise for my 1vs1 skills, usually i just lose all of those fights. (Yeah, i think i used heal but nvm :P) I would say Gwawmoth = Welmur, it was so close on both ways Let's take it again someday, unblanned ofcourse

-Welmur

Thumbs up Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Sparring is for lamers anyway. They deserve to get ganked. Don't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrimhir View Post
    The leaderboard is filling up, there is 82 pages of laurelins players, you can see there the renown/infamy and the rating of every player who has been in ettenmoors, when complete you can see too the gear of the players

here is the link
    Wheres the info coming from? Theres only 11 pages of creeps....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post
    Wheres the info coming from? Theres only 11 pages of creeps....
    it's updated automatically with the information of the servers, it's a process of turbine servers, i supose it will be full the next week or so

from some post of the devs the process start with the oldest characters and go filling up from there to the newest
    Grishlugrat BA rank 11

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysamere View Post
    Lool , i see too much love on Hispa from the freep side too. Its not too late to change your profile as players. Just try to zerg less, and die more often. No wait. Its too late. Ahahaha. Love teasing you guys.
    Honestly, I prefer to be hated for my profile as a player than from my behaviour.
    And I can understand that you want us to die often and to kill less, but why we could want it?
    I always thought this was the basics of pvping.

Love for all freeps and creeps, even for this annoying burglars and wargs.
    Last edited by TiNdA-LoS; Jul 08 2011 at 07:31 AM.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Page 15 of 282 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast