We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 120 of 286 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 7130
    Quote Originally Posted by defrule View Post
    prefer to log out and give the wargs nothing.
    Fixed.

I don't mind to die, but I don't like feeding wargpacks.
    And check dailystats, the 15 first creeps made more infamy than the 15 first freeps, so your point is not exactly right.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

I have no doubt you can set up competitive fights with small groups and have lots of fun. But one side needing more numbers to be competitive is anything but fair and it's certainly not balanced.

Imagine if they buffed creeps so that 3 creeps can take on 10 freeps and win. Those creeps then gloat about how awesome the 3v10 fights are. It would be nauseating and to call such fights fair would be ridiculous.
    hey I never implied this game is perfect or even close to it, but insted of trying to ruin it even more with some effort you can try to make it more fun for your selves and for the enemy
    Master at Arms Darimir, Inspiration to Men, member of The Western Alliance!

Lieutenant Aldagash Vegetarian Harvester Of Sorrow, member of Invictus!

Sorry I couldn't break off the leechers Brunt. Tried several things to give the creeps a fair fighting chance, but gave up in the end lol

Anyway, I know this is probably reportable.. but i couldnt stop laughing when I realised I struck a nerve!!!

Thanks Mythosi

Mad Mythosi!

Daily business.

Looks like mummy didnt give you a hug after all and now you turn to your digital 'friends'. Must be a sad life for you, I almost feel sorry but good thing you got plenty of buddies here to back you up. Should make you feel much better.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000147e20/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[OOC] Anoir: 'Thas Dwarfcism'

Lol, epic.

/hugs to wargs fighters like Lupu, Anklebiter and Gutterat.
    I dont mind to feed them, they stay and fight.
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    /hugs to wargs fighters like Lupu, Anklebiter and Gutterat.
    I dont mind to feed them, they stay and fight.
    Agree Tinda.

Top 15 today. 8 wargs, 4 Invictus, and 3 more, it is Laurelin, only Invictus Fight ,4 soloers creeps and anothers leech them.

50% creeps play wargs, for this freeps need play in group or be ganked for wargs every min.

P.D: Sry for my english.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001506fa/signature.png]Felixuko[/charsig]

Small groups are pointless in the current state because people just add one more then one more.
    Sorry, I think we're the living proof of the opposite.

Thanks to Sneckie and co for the nice 6 vs 6 that took around 15 minutes - that was a challenging and fun fight, that took all of our skills to survive.
    Glad we proved Tinda wrong, btw :P

Thanks to all the freeps that keep on fighting. Tonight was a bit zergy from time to time on both sides - I guess it comes from having people switch sides.
    Sorry for the soloers that got zerged by our 3-6 man group - It's not easy being visibles on creepside, that's why we usually team up in our tribe. But hey, we need to eat too to be in that top 15 amongst all those wargs :P

See you all around in the field.
    Last edited by Azshakh; Aug 13 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    [B]Azshakh[/B], R12 Warleader
    [B]Memento Mori[/B], Laurelin
    [i]Glob-hai! Azshakh thrakatul azurz grush, skai![/i]
    Fool-folk! Azshakh bring them killing blow, gah!

Fixed.

I don't mind to die, but I don't like feeding wargpacks.
    And check dailystats, the 15 first creeps made more infamy than the 15 first freeps, so your point is not exactly right.
    Ask yourself this, how often are you not grouped when actively fighting? Observation tells me that you are more likely grouped than not grouped when out and about. You don't like to be ganked by wargs so prefer to wait it out at the stairs fair enough but the majority of the other times you this "non warg packs" that I presume you don't mind dying to can't kill you anyway because you are grouped.

If more freeps worry less about not feeding wargs then we would have healthier action outside of prime hours.

----------------

Those stats are interesting and nice to see a creep dominant day. But how I see it is, creeps made 252'843 infamy and there were 212 creeps online according to the server charts for 13/08/2012. For freeps it was 180'373 renown with 124 freeps online according to the same charts.

A creep online that day made an average of 1193 infamy. A freep online that day made an average of 1455 renown. And this is on a day when "the 15 first creeps made more infamy than the 15 first freeps".

I wonder what it would be like on a day when the 15 first freeps make more renown that the 15 first creeps.
    Last edited by defrule; Aug 13 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshakh View Post
    Sorry, I think we're the living proof of the opposite.
    Of course for the beneficiaries it wouldn't seem so and to illustrate this I'll use an example.

Imagine if player X forms a tactical raid (RK, LM, MNS) and happy farms all days. For them it's not pointless because they would steamroll almost everything. But is this a reasonable assessment? Now back to your case, you form your group and it's at the cost of all the solo'ers who can't survive against it.

If you formed a tribe group and the solo freeps can't kill any of you before you kill them, is it meaningful anymore?

Raids were so popular in the past and still happen in today's metagame. It gave us all the raid v raid battles that many enjoyed but the same mechanic also destroyed Ettenmoors. People became so dependent on raids and leaders that action lived and died by them. Even today you still have many players who are in Ettens when the raid is up but gone when the raid disbands.

Forming a raid essential screws the other side especially the solo'ers. You must have witnessed before what happens when one side forms a raid but the other side doesn't. So keep in mind when you form the groups, you might benefit but you also make solo'ers much more uncompetitive against you.
    Last edited by defrule; Aug 13 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Forming a raid essential screws the other side especially the solo'ers. You must have witnessed before what happens when one side forms a raid but the other side doesn't. So keep in mind when you form the groups, you might benefit but you also make solo'ers much more uncompetitive against you.
    1. Soloing usually ends up in leeching on prime time. Leeching requires less skills than a proper group fight, where everyone has to play their role to survive. It's a matter of personal taste, but I like being grouped up better.
    2. I'm playing a healing heavy armour toon that can ditch the amazing amount of 110 dps on a heavy training dummy /sarcasm mode off. Healers on creepside have not been designed with soloing in mind (I do solo about 30-40% of my time on creepside, though). There is no balance. Who benefits if I don't make a tribe group? Sadly, even though I'm toast for all high DPS classes, most "soloing freeps" don't solo me. They deploy the tactics of parallel soloing - aka 3+ freeps on one target. I'm one of he few visibles around with no escape skills - after 10 deaths and 150 infamy gained, I'm done with that.
    3. We actively look for group fights, even if a group of freeps outnumbers us. We do not make big raids; usually it's a 3-6 man group, which we sometimes expand to 12 when freeps have a large group that requires numbers. Most of the times, we will disband the 6+ group after 15-30 minutes of encountering soloers only.
    4. I died 30+ times tonight, and with my 2k death count I'm still a wuss compared to most of my tribies. We try not to run from fights. I reckon we give enough renown back, also to soloers.
    5. I'm in a tribe to experience PvP in small group play. That's what we are about. We try not to steamroll, though not all zerging can be avoided.

As I said in previous posts - we are adapting to the lack of balance in PvMP in Invictus. Groups are the key to that. We're trying to keep PvMP attractive for high ranked creeps. If we keep more high ranked players active in PvMP, that should improve the quality of the fights. There is no joy playing sitting duck because someone necessarily needs to play the solo freep. As long as we adapt numbers to the situation, there is nothing wrong with making small groups, and keeping the high ranked players interested in LOTRO PvMP will benefit most of us, even if the price is that you have to die now and then.
    Last edited by Azshakh; Aug 13 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added some arguements to focus the discussion on te benefits of group play

1. Soloing usually ends up in leeching on prime time. Leeching requires less skills than a proper group fight, where everyone has to play their role to survive. It's a matter of personal taste, but I like being grouped up better.
    2. I'm playing a healing heavy armour toon that can ditch the amazing amount of 110 dps on a heavy training dummy /sarcasm mode off. Healers on creepside have not been designed with soloing in mind (I do solo about 30-40% of my time on creepside, though). There is no balance. Who benefits if I don't make a tribe group? Sadly, even though I'm toast for all high DPS classes, most "soloing freeps" don't solo me. They deploy the tactics of parallel soloing - aka 3+ freeps on one target. I'm one of he few visibles around with no escape skills - after 10 deaths and 150 infamy gained, I'm done with that.
    3. We actively look for group fights, even if a group of freeps outnumbers us. We do not make big raids; usually it's a 3-6 man group, which we sometimes expand to 12 when freeps have a large group that requires numbers. Most of the times, we will disband the 6+ group after 15-30 minutes of encountering soloers only.
    4. I died 30+ times tonight, and with my 2k death count I'm still a wuss compared to most of my tribies. We try not to run from fights. I reckon we give enough renown back, also to soloers.
    5. I'm in a tribe to experience PvP in small group play. That's what we are about. We try not to steamroll, though not all zerging can be avoided.

As I said in previous posts - we are adapting to the lack of balance in PvMP in Invictus. Groups are the key to that. There is no joy playing sitting duck because someone necessarily needs to play the solo freep. As long as we adapt numbers to the situation, there is nothing wrong with making small groups.
    Creep healers are not the best classes to run around by themselves I agree and I am softer for them. But what I find folly is when many of the freep classes ARE capable of doing great damage and yet decide to form group. I have nothing against farming but doing so with groups is taking the piss and strikes me as trying to make the farming as one sided as possible.

I said long ago even back when were we with Codemasters, the danger is when people become over-reliant on one form of gameplay most notably raid-centric gameplay. Back then all was fine when we had raid leaders on both sides everyday but what about when they're gone with no one to fill the shoes? You can't have a game that is dependent having certain people online, it places too much burden on them and is unsustainable. By the same reason we can't develop the same dependency on small groups. Otherwise you find groups running around steamrolling with no competition just the same way the raid zergs the map today.

This concept is what made Harmo and I propose the new map ages ago, which focused on centralising the battle and de-emphasizing the role of groups and raids. Cooperative play over group play, attrition battles over boxing-ring battles, continuous and flowing battles rather than sporadic fights over the map and one central battlefront.

This game is going precisely the opposite way, favouring raids over groups, groups over solo'ers, alienating the players forcing them to adapt by conforming to the group-based metagame or be farmed by those who have conformed. This isn't the game how I want the game and I see no longevity in it.

This game is going precisely the opposite way, favouring raids over groups, groups over solo'ers, alienating the players forcing them to adapt by conforming to the group-based metagame or be farmed by those who have conformed. This isn't the game how I want the game and I see no longevity in it.
    The initial point I made to your comment was that Invictus is proof that raids do not favour over small groups. I make more infamy being in a tribe group, compared to a raid. It's the quality over quantity effect. And you know what? I have more fun too.

Those stats are interesting and nice to see a creep dominant day. But how I see it is, creeps made 252'843 infamy and there were 212 creeps online according to the server charts for 13/08/2012. For freeps it was 180'373 renown with 124 freeps online according to the same charts.

A creep online that day made an average of 1193 infamy. A freep online that day made an average of 1455 renown. And this is on a day when "the 15 first creeps made more infamy than the 15 first freeps".

I wonder what it would be like on a day when the 15 first freeps make more renown that the 15 first creeps.
    124 Freeps versus 212 Creeps,... Thats part of the problem too. If you do not group, then you are zerged within EC even without Creeps having a group, soloers with those numbers steam roll you within the range/defence of your own NPCs.

And when ever you leave the defence of EC you are pounced and dead before the stun runs out by the 25 wargs online.

Its not only when Freeps have a group, its always like that. (Last few days being a surprising change,...)

Oh and the numbers do not show the balance. Look at it this way, when you are on Creep, you mostly have nothing to fight at all, since only 5 Freeps online in Ettenmoors, on Freep that is never the occasion, you may die more but you always have targets to go for...

As long as we adapt numbers to the situation, there is nothing wrong with making small groups, and keeping the high ranked players interested in LOTRO PvMP will benefit most of us, even if the price is that you have to die now and then.
    Quoted for truth!

Ask yourself this, how often are you not grouped when actively fighting?
    I play solo a couple of hours everyday, but not because I like it, mostly because there is noone to group that I feel confortable with. And I can tell you I have found plenty of time creeps in duo WL+DPS and they kill me and I don't kill anything. But I don't blame them for grouping, even when they know soloers don't have a chance against them.

But what I find folly is when many of the freep classes ARE capable of doing great damage and yet decide to form group.
    Well, if you go solo in prime time you won't have many chances of getting a 1vs1, and leeching main raid on a freep class capable of doing great damage is not my style.

This concept is what made Harmo and I propose the new map ages ago, which focused on centralising the battle and de-emphasizing the role of groups and raids.
    I spent my first PvP year on creep, and mostly in Harmonizer raids.
    He was the best creep leader I've ever seen, I've been healing him when he wiped 2 freep raids in TA, he was an absolute pain for freep leaders, but he always played with raid and I don't remember him promoting anything but RvR fights.

This game is going precisely the opposite way, favouring raids over groups, groups over solo'ers, alienating the players forcing them to adapt by conforming to the group-based metagame or be farmed by those who have conformed.
    This game is what players make of it. PvP style has several diferences from a server to another. But one of the biggest zerg atm is not coming from players grouped but for soloers.

I respect you like to play solo or you like the others to play solo, but some people like me prefer to play in group.
    I don't like OC farm or bridge fights, I prefer to have a nice fight in OC slope, knowing that I eventually die, but trying to take as many as possible with me.

I wish I could play small groups everyday, but my kinnies are not playing freepside, there are not too many people interested in leading one, and I dont feel confortable leading on voice in english.
    The fun for me is not zerging the other side or making tons of renown. I would play in an Invictus group anytime on my BA, defiler or weaver, is not about playing an OP freep, is only about the fun, and I'm sure the Invictus crew is having a lot of that.

Solo play is boring, you dont have a chance to use more than a half of your skills, and you miss the social side of the game. And the social side is the best side of LoTRO's PvP.

Thanks to Sneckie and co for the nice 6 vs 6 that took around 15 minutes - that was a challenging and fun fight, that took all of our skills to survive.
    Glad we proved Tinda wrong, btw :P
    So you proved too that freeps are not OP....

Seriously now, ofc a nice 6 creep can beat a 6 freep, and if anyone can do it in this server are Invictus. I've done it with my kinnies against a balanced freep group, but the odds are against you.
    You see, these are the kind of fights I would like to have everyday, shame we don't have arenas or similar here.
    Last edited by TiNdA-LoS; Aug 14 2012 at 03:24 AM.

Small groups can work. Couple last days in a row we are in 3-6 person group. Invictus proving that on each step, becouse I found much more fun and challenging fight with them and dying, than gy gank packs. Problem are, mentioned before, leechers. Same as you, guys from Invictus, always have 6-7 wargs following you, same whatever you will do on freep side there will be always some "rune keepers" following you. That eliminate chance of fair fight.

I like grouping, and always try to group. In solo I am just bored, I need to talk to somebody, for lolz, and QQ. Thats why I play MMO. Unfortunetly more and more content is solo content, and learnig/forcing ppl to play in only that way. At least do not force ppl to solo in Ettens. Just make fair chances.

Becouse of noobargity we are witness last days/months I feel I need to thank last ones I still when passing I am happy to see in ettens. Anklebitter, Lupu, Guterat, you are last good representatns of yuor species, and I can only regret that others so strongly destroy image of wargs, and you are getting hits becouse of that.
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

Bah...seems i missed a good weekend :/

Gil/Tom/Arp
    Shield Brothers

Gilanakh/Gilarllug
    Memento Mori
    Tom/Gil/Arp - Shield Brothers
    Gilanakh/Gilarllug - Memento Mori

I play solo a couple of hours everyday, but not because I like it, mostly because there is noone to group that I feel confortable with. And I can tell you I have found plenty of time creeps in duo WL+DPS and they kill me and I don't kill anything. But I don't blame them for grouping, even when they know soloers don't have a chance against them.

Well, if you go solo in prime time you won't have many chances of getting a 1vs1, and leeching main raid on a freep class capable of doing great damage is not my style.

I spent my first PvP year on creep, and mostly in Harmonizer raids.
    He was the best creep leader I've ever seen, I've been healing him when he wiped 2 freep raids in TA, he was an absolute pain for freep leaders, but he always played with raid and I don't remember him promoting anything but RvR fights.

This game is what players make of it. PvP style has several diferences from a server to another. But one of the biggest zerg atm is not coming from players grouped but for soloers.

I respect you like to play solo or you like the others to play solo, but some people like me prefer to play in group.
    I don't like OC farm or bridge fights, I prefer to have a nice fight in OC slope, knowing that I eventually die, but trying to take as many as possible with me.

I wish I could play small groups everyday, but my kinnies are not playing freepside, there are not too many people interested in leading one, and I dont feel confortable leading on voice in english.
    The fun for me is not zerging the other side or making tons of renown. I would play in an Invictus group anytime on my BA, defiler or weaver, is not about playing an OP freep, is only about the fun, and I'm sure the Invictus crew is having a lot of that.

Solo play is boring, you dont have a chance to use more than a half of your skills, and you miss the social side of the game. And the social side is the best side of LoTRO's PvP.

So you proved too that freeps are not OP....

Seriously now, ofc a nice 6 creep can beat a 6 freep, and if anyone can do it in this server are Invictus. I've done it with my kinnies against a balanced freep group, but the odds are against you.
    You see, these are the kind of fights I would like to have everyday, shame we don't have arenas or similar here.
    You only have to look at Harmo's blog to realise even he was an advocate of a raid-less future. To quote part of it:

Things we DON’T want on the new map:
    Rivers, large bodies of water.
    No Bridges to compliment the large bodies of water
    Disable raids, RAT window, and skill target forwarding.
    Disable enemies nametags altogether.
    Disable target marking (skull, shield, …) for enemies only if possible, otherwise altogether.
    As much as he lead raids, he agreed Ettens needed to give power to the masses rather than the raids. Ettenmoors becoming to raid-centric meant solo player have nothing to do but to farm. You can't take keeps with a mob of solo'ers, you need groups/raids for them and it's really no fun when you need raids to do just about everything. We need more people who PvP for the sake of PvP rather than just coming in for raid and this is especially true for freeps. Raids don't form as often as they used to and more and more the raids find they have nothing to fight. The last thing I want is for the same to happen with small groups. Ettenmoors becoming some place where you have to group to stand a chance because everyone else you fight against is a small group looking battles.

From an ungrouped player's perspective, it can be much more annoying to die to a group than to a mob of players. When fighting a solo mob at the very least you have a higher chance of making a kill and gaining something. When fighting against people in groups, it just seems like they want to low risk farm.

I know this LM who told me she doesn't like to die to farmers but doesn't mind dying in group battles. Now interestingly, the said LM farms wb-oc in small groups and almost never dies. She's happy to be killing creeps 100 times but not happy to be killed by creeps because they're just farmers, that's just taking the piss. People are free to form groups and arrange fights, no one is stopping them but if they use them to low risk farm at wb-oc I have quarrels. As I said before, I don't mind farming but I do mind people trying to make farms as one-sided as possible through the means of grouping.
    Last edited by defrule; Aug 14 2012 at 10:27 AM.

People are free to form groups and arrange fights, no one is stopping them but if they use them to low risk farm at wb-oc I have quarrels.
    I agree on that, OC farm is meh and grouping to farm OC is just ridiculous. The only nice thing in OC/Bridge fights is that sometimes someone dies and pple get some points. If heals and bubbles are used, then the whole fight is pointless.

I agree on that, OC farm is meh and grouping to farm OC is just ridiculous. The only nice thing in OC/Bridge fights is that sometimes someone dies and pple get some points. If heals and bubbles are used, then the whole fight is pointless.
    Completely disagree. There's no better feeling than saving a greenie with "heals and bubbles" from hungry R8-10 freeps during a bridge/oc farm. Doesn't net any points, but gives a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"][b][EN-RP] Laurelin:[/b] [COLOR="Cyan"]Trufflewise[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Burglar) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Uthrek[/COLOR] Wintermane (Dwarf Champion) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Berthon[/COLOR] Pilchard (Man Captain) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Finglan[/COLOR] (Elf Warden) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Boggeric[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Minstrel)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishbone[/COLOR] (Clueless Warg) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishburz[/COLOR] (Warleader)[/COLOR]
    [url=http://blog.rebma.net/2011/02/08/lotro-the-ganking-of-boromir/]I ganked Boromir[/url].[/SIZE]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflewise View Post
    Completely disagree. There's no better feeling than saving a greenie with "heals and bubbles" from hungry R8-10 freeps during a bridge/oc farm. Doesn't net any points, but gives a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
    Second time today I am quoting for the truth! I always heal out of group and bubble on Creep just to plain wipe the smirk of their faces when they fail ganking a poor harmless low rank

Quote Originally Posted by Torli View Post
    Second time today I am quoting for the truth! I always heal out of group and bubble on Creep just to plain wipe the smirk of their faces when they fail ganking a poor harmless low rank
    It's teh lulz isn't it?

For challenge and more lulz, there's the "save the greenie from himself" healing challenge too.

1. find a farm, either side farming the other will do (OC/EC the obvious places).
    2. spot a low rank greenie reaver with a stupid tendency to charge and think he can kill something (0-3 for best results, 4 can do if needed).
    3. time heals/bubbles, diversion with your own body if needed, so that he lives through several stupid charges in a row.
    4. if you managed it, laugh at the frustrated high rank DPSers on the other side. If not, go back to 2.
    5. now, since you're a creep in game and a horrible person irl, wait for the greenie's next deluded charge, full-of-confidence.
    6. don't heal.
    7. lulz.
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"][b][EN-RP] Laurelin:[/b] [COLOR="Cyan"]Trufflewise[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Burglar) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Uthrek[/COLOR] Wintermane (Dwarf Champion) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Berthon[/COLOR] Pilchard (Man Captain) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Finglan[/COLOR] (Elf Warden) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Boggeric[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Minstrel)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishbone[/COLOR] (Clueless Warg) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishburz[/COLOR] (Warleader)[/COLOR]
    [url=http://blog.rebma.net/2011/02/08/lotro-the-ganking-of-boromir/]I ganked Boromir[/url].[/SIZE]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflewise View Post
    5. now, since you're a creep in game and a horrible person irl, wait for the greenie's next deluded charge, full-of-confidence.

6. don't heal.

7. lulz.
    Hahahahahaha lmao! Made my evening

May I repeat myself:

Nothing wrong with groups if you adjust numbers.

Thanks for the zerg tonight, freeps

HEALS! DPS! ZERG! FARM! By your powers combined.. I am Captain Bertro!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c010000042241/signature.png]Raviga[/charsig]
    | r10 wl | r9 rvr | r8 ba | r7 wvr |
    | r7 champion | r5 burglar |

Dwo, raid became in response of raid. We started from small group.

Edit: Well, must admit with Cyed and Marielle we was hunting a little for Radviga. Mari won with numbers of kbs
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

Page 120 of 286 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 170 220 ... LastLast