We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Yilkiz View Post
    This is one of the main problems in the Moors. People are too afraid to die, or rather care too much about their ratings, and thus often overkill the fights in superior numbers/strength.
    Also, there's no need to ALWAYS flee and try to save your behind. Try to stay and fight it out till death sometimes, you might even get rewarded with more infamy/renown.
    Not sure I agree, although my experience of the Moors is limited to the odd time I seek out some mindless mayhem, but for me, popping an arrow into a kinnies warg hide, or being ganked by people who know me , is remarkably amusing and fun.

Remember, the Moors is a bit like sending your toons paintballing, it means absolutely nothing and has no impact on your toon whatsoever! Of course, this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by otis56 View Post
    In stealth classes it requires none of the things you described especially if you are doing it with a group and especially on burglar it wasw always super easy .
    Geting 2k with very few deaths and only solo(or with small groups only and not running when you are not ganging ) is a bit challenging every other way of geting 2k only requires cowardism and nothing else .

That nonsense of awerness of your surroundings is just a joke ,what does it mean that you are good at turning around mouse while oyu walk ?Its not like you are actually out there or something

pd Before you say that i speak like that cause i havent got 2k ,i inform you that i have got it two times without even trying to get it one of them.
    lololololololololololololololo lololo cmon man you never go out of stealth lol! you attack only with 5+ creeps with you and if someone hit you--->sprint---->disappear lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by GiottoBurglar View Post
    lololololololololololololololo lololo cmon man you never go out of stealth lol! you attack only with 5+ creeps with you and if someone hit you--->sprint---->disappear lolololol
    Is it really a burglar trying to mock a warg here? Having no shame, heh?

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
    Is it really a burglar trying to mock a warg here? Having no shame, heh?

no shame lol i've more deaths than all his characters on my burg even if i got 2k rating 2 times soooooo no shame!

no shame lol i've more deaths than all his characters on my burg even if i got 2k rating 2 times soooooo no shame!
    the more fun part is they criticize our style of play and they play as we do, the usual hypocrisy of some members of KA

the true is that a 90% of the players look his stats and feel good when rating is high and they have been killing without die ...

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrimhir View Post
    the more fun part is they criticize our style of play and they play as we do, the usual hypocrisy of some members of KA
    Excuse me, but I do not see how this is related at all? Let's not start off flaming kins/tribes already, on a new tree. I don't come on here insulting your kin because one of your members may say something I disagree with.

the true is that a 90% of the players look his stats and feel good when rating is high and they have been killing without die ...
    Hmm I must admit I am always checking out my stats, and if I see my rating go up I am pleased by this fact, but it doesn't alter my play style at all, and I quickly end up losing it again lol.

of some members of KA
    Not picking sides but he did say some and not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainor View Post
    Not picking sides but he did say some and not all.
    I know I just didn't feel it needed to be said at all, but it's not a big issue.

Yea ofc ,ask felixuko how many times i attacked him solo....

Just because i dont engage god mode classes when there are ppl behind them who know how to play them like you it doesnt mean i play like you say.If they balanced things out you would have seen me attacking you too .In fact why dont you come on warg and tell me how you would bit a good burg and show me as well(same goes for guardians too ) anything else i attack it sometimes to the death .As a burglar you cant ofc realize that cause you can bit anything that comes your way with ease thats not the case with wargs .
    Against good freeps you will need either sprint or dissapear to win(but hunters ofc).

Champ and wl at 1k deaths ,so you have more than 2,5k deaths on your burg?..Yea dont think so again.But ofc you cant know that cause your wherent there when i played my champ and wl yet you do criticize me like you are around me all the time

No we dont have the same playstyle .I dont group at all on my warg ,i play solo only .Get the difference ?Sy i meant played since as i said i barely play anymore .
    Also show me wherei criticize your playstyle by saying it means no skill but cowardism to get 2k rating on a stealth class espeecialy on groups ?

There are days i might not die at all and days i might die 5-6 times in two hours and i totally agree with your last comment but it has nothing to do with what i said about geting 2k rating

Grolmog/Gwawmoth/Groga signing in here, to thank all, both creep- and freep-side, for making the group-on-group fights possible today.

Special thanks to Berty for organising it, and for bearing with me when it was taking a while for me to gather some creeps together.

Thanks to the freeps for some excellent fights, and for being willing to fight at a numbers disadvantage to make things more even.

Thanks to the creeps for giving some 'even numbers' fights a go and acquitting themselves admirably in general. We managed to win at least one of the fights we thought we'd get hammered in, so gz all. Thanks also for putting up with me trying to organise things without a mic.

All the creeps seemed to have fun, so perhaps it's something we can do again when the afternoon action is getting a bit stale.

[For the record, I don't really mind the wb/oc action, as long as it's not too one-sided. Tough to find a balance when there's far more freeps online though, so thanks again freeps, for offering us an alternative].

Thanks to Aklor too, for the part he played. Still not sure if Ak=Bert, but thanks anyway .

I created an account on the euro-forums to say thanks for a fun time, and it only took me 1 post until I was moaning about the freeps. Here's hoping I can hold out longer this time.

Thanks again all

Grolmog, WL Rank 6
    Gwawmoth, Wargie Rank 7
    Groga, Defiler Rank 4
    Daedelith, Weaver Rank 4

Quote Originally Posted by otis56 View Post
    Yea ofc ,ask felixuko how many times i attacked him solo....

Just because i dont engage god mode classes when there are ppl behind them who know how to play them like you it doesnt mean i play like you say.If they balanced things out you would have seen me attacking you too .In fact why dont you come on warg and tell me how you would bit a good burg and show me as well(same goes for guardians too ) anything else i attack it sometimes to the death .As a burglar you cant ofc realize that cause you can bit anything that comes your way with ease thats not the case with wargs .
    Against good freeps you will need either sprint or dissapear to win(but hunters ofc).

Champ and wl at 1k deaths ,so you have more than 2,5k deaths on your burg?..Yea dont think so again.But ofc you cant know that cause your wherent there when i played my champ and wl yet you do criticize me like you are around me all the time
    i wasn't criticize you ! just said that you play for rating and you can't deny it ! i think it is a good thing and shouldn't be a shame! hispanea do the same, i can't see the problem lol! btw i've a r5 warg and is more coward than you !
    Giotto Burglar Rank 10
    Crepy Weaver Rank 10

http://my.lotro.com/user-1327162/

Hugs and kisses to all my friends, you know who you are...

Thumbs up Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Parmur View Post

Sad to see you go, best of luck wherever you end up!

Heed the words of Parmur! Douse the flames of the Burning Tree! An end to Kin-bashing. An end to personal flame wars. Every good warrior that we turn away is one we'll never get back, and that lessens Laurelin.

I didn't know you very well Parm, but I (almost) always enjoyed being blasted to bits in one of your bridge charges. Cheers for your first/last creep raid the other day too .

Fare thee well, and may your inf and renown flow freely.

Grolmog/Gwawmoth

Hope I could consider me at least a little as friend, loved your playstyle... Too bad to see another good player leaving.

Goodbye man!
    Lieutenant Altarias, Swift Executioner
    Warden

Master-at-arms Aristaer, the Unwise
    Rune-keeper healing

Sergeant-at-Arms Flambras, King of the Mountain
    Burglar

All fighting with his Shield Brothers on [EN-RP] Laurelin.

And from the Great Eye,

Chief Guard Lalonir Qenonac of Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Grolmog View Post
    Grolmog/Gwawmoth/Groga signing in here, to thank all, both creep- and freep-side, for making the group-on-group fights possible today.

Special thanks to Berty for organising it, and for bearing with me when it was taking a while for me to gather some creeps together.

All the creeps seemed to have fun, so perhaps it's something we can do again when the afternoon action is getting a bit stale.
    LOL - I would like to say thanks too - was great fun. Thanks Bert for ninja inv to this session.

Was fun even to sit over and watch the fight, so it would be fair 6 v. 6 - and sure - I am up for it again. A different kind of spar really. More my style.

Sorry to see you go, Parmur. Was nice fighting with you and against you; all the best!

It's been a pleasure to fight with and against you Parmur.

I hope one day we gonna see you at Laurelin again, charging madly into forces of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyypio View Post
    Sorry to see you go, Parmur. Was nice fighting with you and against you; all the best!
    aye sorry to see you parmaur and kinnie.

Can the thread move on from the pointless and very boring topic of ratings please

i agree with jackdir, a x amount of pages discussion about rating is rather boring.
    anyway guys, what did ya have for breakfast ? ^^

i had cornflakes with 2x sandwiches and some pineapple juice ^^

Bah, this thread is NOT Laurelin PvMP. Many nice people in game, specially creep side. You shouldn't leave.
    I for one am sad to see one of my favorite freeps go. One who wasn't playing for rating, who wasn't afraid to die. Who had balls of steel, like a dwarf should have.
    Last edited by Korrigan; Jun 23 2011 at 05:04 AM.

I am very sad to see you leave Parmur - was fun to develop madrage style with you - and making the idea of Rising Sun - if we dont meet on Laurelin, then we might get the chance to fight either with you or against you sometime in the future.

And guys - you are absolutely right, there is a lot of nice pvmp players on Laurelin - I hope to get to know some more of you, during some Rising Sun event very soon. Join the meeting on sunday - I would love to have you all around - maybe you have some good ideas, that we can bring to life, and an eye for details, I didnt think of - I need you there.

Merriment Inn, 18.00 GMT, ingame chatchannel: /joinchannel risingsun
    More details on the Rising Sun Thread.

Best Regards
    Joylil

Thanks everyone for your words, it makes my decision even harder

It was never my intention to generalize all freeps and creeps of Laurelin to one denominator, I know that there are a lot of cool people out there, and though I stated it differently, I had loads of fun on the server. Just not in PvP anymore since a longer period of time.

I will stay in contact with Joylil and we shall definitely meet again in the rising sun events, events that are meant to bring everyone together, to laugh and die as the R0 toons we will be

It is a problem of pvp-mentality that made me move to E and I really hope you guys prove me wrong in my decision, make it a charging madness out there and make me beg for a comeback one day!

My toons stay there, I started from scratch on Elendilmir and already reached R5 *flex*. I wish everyone good luck!

Parm

Are you sure the mentality on Elendilmir will be better on the long term?
    It's new, it's shiny...

Actually, on Laurelin, after a short time, you know the people who are obsessed by their rating and running as soon as their health drops below 75%. That doubles the fun when you kill them...

We are all a bit culprit of the "farm" mentality that too often happens in the Moors. Creep side, my advice would be, if you have 15 freeps camping you in OC, farming you and killing you over and over while you barely get one kill once in a blue moon, then just do something else. Go quest for maps, get some stones in DoF, start an OP group, or simply log out or maybe play your freep. When the farmers have nothing to farm, they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
    We are all a bit culprit of the "farm" mentality that too often happens in the Moors. Creep side, my advice would be, if you have 15 freeps camping you in OC, farming you and killing you over and over while you barely get one kill once in a blue moon, then just do something else. Go quest for maps, get some stones in DoF, start an OP group, or simply log out or maybe play your freep. When the farmers have nothing to farm, they leave.
    and you talk about cowards?

if your side is getting farmed, form a group, pick the newbies, push up the farmers to his keeps and change the situation ...

Page 12 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast