We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 119 of 281 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 7002
    I was fairly disappointed at the first read through of the guardians developer diary, not very impressed with guardian getting more focus on damage rather then tanking. On a second read through anyhow, perhaps it won't be that bad. They are allowing guardians to play overpower even with a shield and a one handed wepon which was the main reason I diden't bring my guardian to Ettenmoors often - Diden't really feel tankish enough with a 2 handed wepon. Perhaps it does come out well,... Time will tell,... Looking forward to HNT/LM Dev diaries now.

Also looking forward seeing Raori charge and wipe raids solo! *hugs Raori*

Quote Originally Posted by Gilarianen View Post
    Ahhh...Lupu you just let me and Culler down....we thought it was 2v2 for a minute :P
    Was that a minute ?! If I remember corectly you both was down in few seconds heheh *giggles lots*

I think you all noticed that I love to have 1vs1 any time with anyone but got bored to do the same stuff for months which includes ganking, camping, picking easy targets while soloing, etc.
    In last time/days/weeks I used to rage quit lotro on this server under the reason: whats with this &&&& action!? bah...alt+F4. So instead of doing the same everytime I log on I'll try to make you realize that wargs are not such cowards/hipsers or what ever you call them (at least one of them ).

I noticed a bad thing on this server, that every time when freeps are farming/owning the whole map, there are lots of new creeps who are looking for groups on OOC...they just simply get ignored by the others by not answering or they simply don't care about them ( one of the facts that makes me very sad )
    From time to time we see some creeps running in tribe groups, but as far as I noticed they don't care about the newcomers.

How we can grab new players to creep side if we just simply ignore them and let 'em be farmed ?
    I'm sure they gonna rage quit if this happens several times and it's a low chance for them to come back.

Feel free to form your group when you'll see me with a bunch of creepsies , we'd love to give you a bit of renown but don't get 24 if we're 12 weaklings , c'mon, be resonable *giggle lots*

PS: You should simply excuse my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarus View Post
    Feel free to form your group when you'll see me with a bunch of creepsies , we'd love to give you a bit of renown but don't get 24 if we're 12 weaklings , c'mon, be resonable *giggle lots*.
    Good proportion would be like 6 freeps against 10-12 creeps to have a nice fight.
    If freeps are good and not all creeps are high ranked, ofc.
    Playing a 6 man is for me the most entertaining face of PvP.

I hope with RoR we play more small groups.

Just wanted to post on the thread for the first time and say hello to all the creeps and freeps.

Hello!

Culler the dwarf

Greetings and salutations, Culler!

You might be more cooler if you'll play more often in Ettens *giggles lots*

it'd be really interesting to see what happened if turbine disabled the 'convert to raid' function in the moors for a week or so...

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    Good proportion would be like 6 freeps against 10-12 creeps to have a nice fight.
    If freeps are good and not all creeps are high ranked, ofc.
    Playing a 6 man is for me the most entertaining face of PvP.

I hope with RoR we play more small groups.
    Small groups are pointless in the current state because people just add one more then one more.

It is also contradictory because people make them so they small enough to not be a raid but big enough to keep winning any fight and in the current state, it's an excuse to farm with RAT.

Quote Originally Posted by defrule View Post
    Small groups are pointless in the current state because people just add one more then one more.
    Well, if you add more people the group is not small anymore.

Well, if you add more people the group is not small anymore.
    We tried a small group day (ie no raids) event a while back. It was a dismal failure. 90% of the time, a group of 6 freeps will zerg a sixpack of creeps.

I had a 6man group yesterday and it was really fun!

We were 2 captains, guardian, ministrel, Lore master, and me. Still when I logged creep to talk with ketth, I saw someone blamming me for zerging, well ok! I don't care.

The funniest part here is that, as soon as Brunt was not able to kill us, he logged off :P
    Last edited by Gorgilh; Aug 13 2012 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post
    We tried a small group day (ie no raids) event a while back. It was a dismal failure. 90% of the time, a group of 6 freeps will zerg a sixpack of creeps.
    Of course, creeps usually needs more numbers if freep group is balanced. A SWed minstrel/RK will outheal dps from 4-5 creeps easy.

6 freeps VS 8-12 creeps seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgilh View Post
    The funniest part here is that, as soon as Brunt was not able to kill us, he logged off :P
    Not entirely true.

When Brunt came on he said he had an hour before he had to go out. he tried to get a raid together to take Keeps, but we had 1-2 healers and 12-16 in the raid at the time.

After 30 minutes of idling (fighting outside OC ) we still did not have what was required. 10 minutes later he said he would have to go anyway so no point in trying to take a keep.

He did not run from a fight, simply we could not get a raid at that time that would work in favour of taking a keep

That would not be a surprise anyway mate, we all know how brunt plays, whever we like or dislike.

Anyway we had some fun fights, I hope we have more soon, RoR is comming, I can't wait! see you there peeps, epic fights awaits!

Aww.. shame to see you go Grazak! GL and don't get shot out there. RL morale pots and revives don't always work you know

Of course, creeps usually needs more numbers if freep group is balanced. A SWed minstrel/RK will outheal dps from 4-5 creeps easy.

6 freeps VS 8-12 creeps seems fair to me.
    That highlights imbalance more then anything.

That highlights imbalance more then anything.
    Noone said that Freeps are not overpowered, point here is that when you get wiped with 4-5 enemies you don't form a 24 man raid and zerg them but try to catch a good fight, rather then inviting 5 more you invite 1 or 2, if still lacking invite another. In the end even with 6 vs 10 both sides can get a good fight, a few Freeps will certanly die if the Creeps do their jobs and so will a few Creeps. The end outcome depends on some luck I guess, but mostly in a fight like that player skill - unlike in a 24 vs 24 raid zerg where the entire focus of the game is on DPS.

People who play their class well (i.e WLs who don't forget banners, spiders that WtE also to save another kitting Creep not just them selves, wargs interupting enemy healing rather then wait in stealth and not pop up unless a squishy target gets too far away from the group), effect this type of fighting a lot. For a raid fight this game is just too DPS centered, from both playing a WL and playing a CPT in the Ettens I can tell you its impossible to save which ever player if the enemy has 18 DPS units who follow RAT well, by the time the bubbles even kicks in the player is dead and sometimes in the first 10 seconds of the fight 4-5 players are dead. If the enemy has a good RAT and kills the vital targets first (MNS/DEF/WL) then the outcome of the fight is decided within those 10 seconds, thus making the fights short and less fun for everyone (I doubt that the player who was killed first at the initial charge with 0 chance to use any skills at all our effect his fate had any fun... really...)

The solution would be for both sides to stop expanding to groups for zergs bur rather look for a balanced fight and even after a wipe not go into hug mode but keep roaming and trying to look for other small groups to fight not the one that just wiped them - or try the same again maybe trying to get the first hit via flank or just plain encourage players to focus more on their class jobs and giving them tips.

Anyhow, the mentality of players on this server is either farm solo or if you can't - make a raid and zerg the living &&&& out of them.

Both sides would need to do that, not pointing fingers at any specific person or side though!

P.S MOOOAR Wargs needed! Ain't nothing as fun as trying to kill something that you cant see! /sarcasm_off

Cool

Oh and by the way, cudos to Invictus, what ever flame Freeps may have for them, rather then crying you should form a 3-4 man group and try to fight like they do. If they wanted with all their high ranks they could zerg the map 24/7 but insted they almost always play in small groups looking for an enemy worth fighting with. If it ends in zerg it never lasts more then 15 minutes before disbanding and making several smaller groups.

And a tip to Freeps; Employ classic setup from raids. The classes that die the least are not plain the most usefull(Think of squishy HNTs like Cazikee, Beolagar, Indaril or RKs like Tindalas, Anoir or Mythosi - with a focused target they get steam rolled but in a small group fight where their group protects them their add to the group is priceless). A captain in 3-4 man is great, in a 6 man two of them are even better. A lore master for anti stun, tar, power share, drain power, debuffs on BAs for less ranged damage, WLs for less healing and more inductions, reavers for less melee damage, off healing,...

For crying out loud stop traiting bloody DMG trait lines on every class you roll, let HNTs/RKs/CHPs do their job and do your own bloody job. Trait debuffing on LM, HoH on CPT, interupts on WDN (WLs), BRG debuffs as well. Do your class role and add your part for the team on all classes and all will become usefull and wanted! GRD Is epic with 5 sec kick and mega surviving skills, so is BRG and WDN, yet all I see is people following RAT and DPSing their arses off...

I guess thats part of the reasons Creep group of high ranks (8+) in 6 vs 6 has as much chance of winning,... Amagine defilers going DPS,... Who's gone heal??

CHP/HNT/MNS/LM/CPT Is a great team that can survive a lot if the classes do their jobs.

Love to everyone, and if what ever goes wrong, you dont enjoy the game,.... Just blame DoMEStore! We are here to make you feel better!
    Last edited by Torli; Aug 13 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torli View Post
    point here is that when you get wiped with 4-5 enemies you don't form a 24 man raid and zerg them but try to catch a good fight, rather then inviting 5 more you invite 1 or 2, if still lacking invite another.
    Depends. You're probably a better person than me. Sometimes, one really feels like rolling 24 to wipe that smug smile off their faces. Then once it's done (by a bigger person than me, once again, since i cba leading), you feel guilty, yet curiously blissful. Ganking/zerging/farming is an integral part of the PvP feeling. The slow buildup of frustration, the tipping point, the overreaction, the reversal of roles, aaah good times! It's sad in a way, i'll admit, and i'm not sure how to explain it so let's make it a minigame:

Your adventure starts at (1) my friend. Enter the CHOOSE YOUR OWN MOORS ADVENTURE:

(1) You just left the rez circle solo because grouped people are scum. If you want to go collect some wood near LC, go to (2). If you prefer to quest in HH, go to (3). If you want to hunt down freeps in TR fields, go to (4).
    (2) A nice and fair "small group" of 6 freeps notices you. Go to (5) to try and spar one of them 1v1.
    (3) As the mayor is on 10% morale, a "small group" of 6 freeps passes by. Go to (5) to try and complete the quest before they notice you.
    (4) You find a "small group" of 6 freeps. Go to (5) to engage them!
    (5) You are stunned, mezzed, dead, debuffed, feared, dead, rooted, bleeding, your inductions time is +243%, and you are dead. Go to (6).
    (6) You reappear at Lug GY for the 3467th time (approx). If you say "Ah well, better luck next time!" go to (1). If you decide to warn OOC about the group, go to (7).
    (7) Apparently this is old news. They have been reported by 79 other soloers in the last 5 minutes (72 of them greenies). Patrat also tells you to "DRINK MORE MILK AND CORPSJUMP MORE NOOB". If you happen to be Mahatma Gandhi, go to (1). If not, go to (8).
    (8) Your vision is suddenly clouded by a red haze. Before you know it, your chat log reads: "[to OOC] open raid for ganking the farmers, 1/24." THE END

To play the adventure freepside, replace 'freeps' by 'wargs', Lug by TR, HH by Grothum, the mayor by Bok, and Patrat by... Ah, just remove Patrat. He has no equivalent whatsoever.
    Last edited by Trufflewise; Aug 13 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgilh View Post

Right, so creeps arent allowed to log when losing, ok. We keep feeding you guys from now on non stop when youre feeling the need to zerg around.

And clearly freeps never log when they cant win.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhol View Post
    they don't log, they are hours at GV stairs waiting for creeps log out of boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhol View Post
    Right, so creeps arent allowed to log when losing, ok. We keep feeding you guys from now on non stop when youre feeling the need to zerg around.

Freeps log creep if they lose. But you would never do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flopzie View Post
    Freeps log creep
    And creeps log wargs.

But Tindalas hug stairs.
    You know, someone has to keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Torli View Post
    Noone said that Freeps are not overpowered, point here is that when you get wiped with 4-5 enemies you don't form a 24 man raid and zerg them but try to catch a good fight, rather then inviting 5 more you invite 1 or 2, if still lacking invite another. In the end even with 6 vs 10 both sides can get a good fight, a few Freeps will certanly die if the Creeps do their jobs and so will a few Creeps. The end outcome depends on some luck I guess, but mostly in a fight like that player skill - unlike in a 24 vs 24 raid zerg where the entire focus of the game is on DPS.

People who play their class well (i.e WLs who don't forget banners, spiders that WtE also to save another kitting Creep not just them selves, wargs interupting enemy healing rather then wait in stealth and not pop up unless a squishy target gets too far away from the group), effect this type of fighting a lot. For a raid fight this game is just too DPS centered, from both playing a WL and playing a CPT in the Ettens I can tell you its impossible to save which ever player if the enemy has 18 DPS units who follow RAT well, by the time the bubbles even kicks in the player is dead and sometimes in the first 10 seconds of the fight 4-5 players are dead. If the enemy has a good RAT and kills the vital targets first (MNS/DEF/WL) then the outcome of the fight is decided within those 10 seconds, thus making the fights short and less fun for everyone (I doubt that the player who was killed first at the initial charge with 0 chance to use any skills at all our effect his fate had any fun... really...)

The solution would be for both sides to stop expanding to groups for zergs bur rather look for a balanced fight and even after a wipe not go into hug mode but keep roaming and trying to look for other small groups to fight not the one that just wiped them - or try the same again maybe trying to get the first hit via flank or just plain encourage players to focus more on their class jobs and giving them tips.

Anyhow, the mentality of players on this server is either farm solo or if you can't - make a raid and zerg the living &&&& out of them.

Both sides would need to do that, not pointing fingers at any specific person or side though!

P.S MOOOAR Wargs needed! Ain't nothing as fun as trying to kill something that you cant see! /sarcasm_off
    I have no doubt you can set up competitive fights with small groups and have lots of fun. But one side needing more numbers to be competitive is anything but fair and it's certainly not balanced.

Imagine if they buffed creeps so that 3 creeps can take on 10 freeps and win. Those creeps then gloat about how awesome the 3v10 fights are. It would be nauseating and to call such fights fair would be ridiculous.

And creeps log wargs.

But Tindalas hug stairs.
    You know, someone has to keep it clean.
    The very mindset that killed Ettenmoors outside of prime hours. Freeps who only come in to ride the "win" wave and when the tide turns, they log. There is no surprise freeps gain on average significantly more reknown than creeps, there are always a good number of creeps who stick around to get farmed. On the contrary, the freeps who farmed creeps religiously prefer to log out and give the creeps nothing.

The very mindset that killed Ettenmoors outside of prime hours. Freeps who only come in to ride the "win" wave and when the tide turns, they log. There is no surprise freeps gain on average significantly more reknown than creeps, there are always a good number of creeps who stick around to get farmed. On the contrary, the freeps who farmed creeps religiously prefer to log out and give the creeps nothing.
    We must be on diffrent servers. Look at this.

http://dailystats.theblackappendage....=laurelin&d=30

Page 119 of 281 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 219 ... LastLast