We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 278 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

You have to join KA. Its our official uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Garhaluk View Post
    You have to join KA. Its our official uniform.
    I'll have to roll a defiler just to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Rogbarz View Post
    grats barrigudo, your planning to rank the burg further up or a other toon ? dont know what your goal is ^^
    My plan now is rest 2/3 weeks of burglar in etten, some pve, pvp with lore/warden. But in 3 weeks i will come back to rank the burglar at rank 9.......and maybe lost my 2k rating? or maybe i will kill again akigash

Thanks all for grats!!

C'mon,is that ur best, freepies? Even with outnumbered buff u still playing as rats.. I had thought that since u are OP.. bah nvm, if u are satisfied in get ranks quickly and at any cost, its enough.

PD.Grats on my death, after many and many attempts at the end you have only needed double our numbers and use everyone in freeprenown side.

Exclamation Re: Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin

Goldie quit the QQ, maybe u should have turned up during peak raid time to see some decent action?
    And for not zerging OC was bz didnt want creeps to log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertro View Post
    Goldie quit the QQ, maybe u should have turned up during peak raid time to see some decent action?
    It's amazing how people use this expression ... to justify their actions: "QQ" "epic whine"
    What makes you think I'm QQing? Mm? You're going to deny that you have been playing like chickens, knowing that you were more? Without the factor that you are OP nowadays?

I've been long enough in this game to distinguish a player who just wants their ranks..and one really cares about the fun of both sides..

No offense, is just an observation, I think the term "QQ" is already somewhat outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldthalion View Post
    It's amazing how people use this expression ... to justify their actions: "QQ" "epic whine"
    What makes you think I'm QQing? Mm? You're going to deny that you have been playing like chickens, knowing that you were more? Without the factor that you are OP nowadays?

I've been long enough in this game to distinguish a player who just wants their ranks..and one really cares about the fun of both sides..

No offense, is just an observation, I think the term "QQ" is already somewhat outdated.
    Again Goldie where have u been all this time? maybe u should as ur kinies in hispania whats been going on on laurelin?maybe u dont really know, palinkrik and me we both have been trying to do more organized open fights almost everysingle nights for the past month. People on laurelin, both sides creeps and freeps cannot deny that pvp here is a bit better than before.Yes freeps are masively OP atm, nobody denies it. and yes i do want my rank. But i also care about the fun on both side most importanly reviving the PVP here on laurelin.When u do not know fact even after all these years u play here dont make comment about me. There HAppy goldie?
    Last edited by Bertro; Jun 21 2011 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldthalion View Post
    You're going to deny that you have been playing like chickens,
    This is one of the main problems in the Moors. People are too afraid to die, or rather care too much about their ratings, and thus often overkill the fights in superior numbers/strength.
    Also, there's no need to ALWAYS flee and try to save your behind. Try to stay and fight it out till death sometimes, you might even get rewarded with more infamy/renown.

But i also care about the fun on both side...
    *chuckle *

Quote Originally Posted by Yilkiz View Post
    This is one of the main problems in the Moors. People are too afraid to die, or rather care too much about their ratings, and thus often overkill the fights in superior numbers/strength.
    Also, there's no need to ALWAYS flee and try to save your behind. Try to stay and fight it out till death sometimes, you might even get rewarded with more infamy/renown.
    Yeah, the same who then come brag in this thread that they got to 2000 rating.... which, depending on the class, is not only meaningless but also hilarious.

The only real solution to this would be for Turbine to completely remove rating and kill/death ratio from the game, and only keep renown/infamy rank.

But i also care about the fun on both side ...

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
    Yeah, the same who then come brag in this thread that they got to 2000 rating.... which, depending on the class, is not only meaningless but also hilarious.

The only real solution to this would be for Turbine to completely remove rating and kill/death ratio from the game, and only keep renown/infamy rank.

90% of the people who only go to the moors to get renown/infamy get bored of the game in a few months, the rating system give objetives and challenges to the players. When the stars were visible to everyone was a better time to lotro pvp.

Hunting the huggers, gaining rating was one of the funiest part of the game, if you only let the farming part of the game (the renown/infamy system) the game becomes boring and linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrimhir View Post
    90% of the people who only go to the moors to get renown/infamy get bored of the game in a few months, the rating system give objetives and challenges to the players. When the stars were visible to everyone was a better time to lotro pvp.

Hunting the huggers, gaining rating was one of the funiest part of the game, if you only let the farming part of the game (the renown/infamy system) the game becomes boring and linear.
    Really? I thought PvP was all about the fun fighting each other... well, there was a time when it was (Ultima Online, Asheron's Call). Nowadays, every aspect of a game must be a spreadsheet... kinda sad.

Or bring back them stars. Those really helped you to pick the most juicy and rewarding (both infamy/renown and personal ) target and made it much harder to hide and hug your rating.

As to the solution to being much stronger than the other side: go do stuff!!
    Don't just sit there at ec/sb or wb/oc hoping you don't scare away your rankingbots by killing them too often. Go attack a keep or outpost and give the other side the npc support they need. This way both sides fight for a purpose rather than face each other like a bunch of braindead zombies and watch the ranged/stealthed classes run around a bit.
    If you have the upper hand in the ettens you have the initiative on where the action is taking place. Allow the weaker side to come to a place where both of you can have fun and people will stick around the whole evening. Ruin it by standing still hoping for an attack you can crush too easily and people will log off in boredom.

Really? I thought PvP was all about the fun fighting each other... well, there was a time when it was (Ultima Online, Asheron's Call). Nowadays, every aspect of a game must be a spreadsheet... kinda sad.
    there are games heavily focused on pvp where you get a list of the people who has ganked you, the reputation of the players is a vital part of the game, the wartab give some kind of history of your behaviour, your style of play and your skill.

The renown/infamy while important as part of the wartab mainly reflects the time you stay at the moors.

There is people who give importance to the kills, others to the kb, having a good ratio of kb per kills is a good indicator of your style of play, for me kills/deaths is more important than renown when playing my freeps.

The rating system was better in the old times when the stars were visible to others and gaining the 2k rating was a really big challenge.

There is people who give importance to the kills, others to the kb, having a good ratio of kb per kills is a good indicator of your style of play, for me kills/deaths is more important than renown when playing my freeps.
    Oh yeah, definitely, I can only agree. It separates the fighters who will stay till the end or sacrifice to save someone else from those who will flee/sprint/HIPS/shield/god mode and run away like chicken as soon as they drop under 75% health...
    Specially on freep side, right now, considering how OP some classes are compared to the creeps, rating means... NOTHING except cowardice level. And definitely not that you are "more skilled".
    Thankfully, we have still some brave and courageous freeps left on Laurelin beside the pathetic OC farm crowd which give both sides fun and good fights. My kudos go to the freeps who don't choose easy mode, don't care about rating, you know who you are.

Again Goldie where have u been all this time? maybe u should as ur kinies in hispania whats been going on on laurelin?maybe u dont really know, palinkrik and me we both have been trying to do more organized open fights almost everysingle nights for the past month. People on laurelin, both sides creeps and freeps cannot deny that pvp here is a bit better than before.Yes freeps are masively OP atm, nobody denies it. and yes i do want my rank. But i also care about the fun on both side most importanly reviving the PVP here on laurelin.When u do not know fact even after all these years u play here dont make comment about me. There HAppy goldie?
    About u? I was speaking about ALL freeprenown side, and do constant freeps raids even when there arent enough creeps, i dont see how that way can improve OUR pvp, just your ranks. Tell ur easymode friends to join creep side time by time, that will improve our pvp for sure, there is no oneshoter classes in creep side but every KB u do against a freep will be a nice achievement.

PD.Compensate both sides is what we need, the fact u do constant raids means nothing.

achieve 2k rating demands patience, experience and skill or you aren't going to get it, only someone who has reached or tried it knows about it, in the old times was more challenging and hard to get that has no discussion.

it's not like reaching rank that you can just join the raids and leech the infamy/renown during years to get your rank up as a lot of peeps do

achieve 2k rating demands patience, experience and skill or you aren't going to get it, only someone who has reached or tried it knows about it, in the old times was more challenging and hard to get that has no discussion.

it's not like reaching rank that you can just join the raids and leech the infamy/renown during years to get your rank up as a lot of peeps do
    It only demands skill in your mind, depending of the class you play of course. It definitely takes more patience and some skill for e.g. a Warden. But for e.g. a Burglar, or a Captain, getting 2K is piece of cake which consists in only mashing the right CD button and then waiting for that CD to come back while you leech the group's kills. No skill involved there at all, unless you consider pressing the "HIPS" button as soon as your "god mode" evasion buff has expired as skill.

It only demands skill in your mind, depending of the class you play of course. It definitely takes more patience and some skill for e.g. a Warden. But for e.g. a Burglar, or a Captain, getting 2K is piece of cake which consists in only mashing the right CD button and then waiting for that CD to come back while you leech the group's kills. No skill involved there at all, unless you consider pressing the "HIPS" button as soon as your "god mode" evasion buff has expired as skill.
    every creep class has tracks, you know it, right?

Unless you(not you personally) are a stealth class who joins raids and never leaves stealth while raid gathers you rating, it is more challenging than you try to show here. You actually have to pay attention to your surroundings, you have to think through your moves with few steps ahead. It is not mindlessly following the RAT.

I can assure you , getting 992 rating as me, requires much more skill than getting 2000. You know what kind of skill? We call it "kakala" here in Sparta. Something that all these 2000 raters dont and never will, acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysamere View Post
    I can assure you , getting 992 rating as me, requires much more skill than getting 2000. You know what kind of skill? We call it "kakala" here in Sparta. Something that all these 2000 raters dont and never will, acquire.
    Not a bad description. "Kakala" and some courage too. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysamere View Post
    This. I am proud of my 800 rating!! I dont go to the moors to stare at people or run away. I want to have fun and kill things!! If i die in the process, tough.

Thankfully, we have still some brave and courageous freeps left on Laurelin beside the pathetic OC farm crowd which give both sides fun and good fights. My kudos go to the freeps who don't choose easy mode, don't care about rating, you know who you are.
    Haha, the problem with this is that most (well almost, there are exceptions) creep gangs wants revenge and thus do the same ganking as they accuse freeps of.
    So we're back at square one, so to speak.

It's not a freep/creep thing. When tide changes and freeps aren't as powerful as today, you'll have an influx of creep players, zerging/ganking and going for maximum rating and infamy...at the expense of someone else's fun. Has always been so, will always be so, with the current PvMP rules.

In stealth classes it requires none of the things you described especially if you are doing it with a group and especially on burglar it wasw always super easy .
    Geting 2k with very few deaths and only solo(or with small groups only and not running when you are not ganging ) is a bit challenging every other way of geting 2k only requires cowardism and nothing else .

That nonsense of awerness of your surroundings is just a joke ,what does it mean that you are good at turning around mouse while oyu walk ?Its not like you are actually out there or something

pd Before you say that i speak like that cause i havent got 2k ,i inform you that i have got it two times without even trying to get it one of them.

Page 11 of 278 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast