We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 102 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 7125
    Too much hype with GW2.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    Too much hype with GW2.
    Reminds me of Darkfall, Warhammer and SWTOR.
    Masticore Manusdei of Invictus
    Worlyeo - Morphling of Ombre del Bosco

Quote Originally Posted by Morphling View Post
    Reminds me of Darkfall, Warhammer and SWTOR.
    Played these games beta/trial, but none of them felt like gw... Gw really brings something new, at leas for me, pvp-focused guy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

[b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

this is ridiculous: (btw this isn't me, this is from the thread grug and faileon linked to)

Officer - Dances with Wargs
    Haldlaar R7 ba - Halgash R6 warg - Haldot R5 spider - Halkaarn R5 wl
    Edras R5 lm Haldlas R2 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Haldlas View Post
    this is ridiculous: (btw this isn't me, this is from the thread grug and faileon linked to)

I must say, that I kind of understand it. Some of us, who intend to stay in LOTRO are a bit tired of the QQ about LOTRO and the ongoing 'advertisement' of GW2, and yea - I did buy it, but I don't intend to leave LOTRO. I still love the story here, the world, and the people playing it. So I am sorry - they guy that got this, don't really have my emphaty, because he didnt really respect those who are still here.
    Aeleann, Officer of Keepers of Silmarils
    War-Lord of Frontline PvP Alliance
    Leader of Laurelin Rising Sun PvMP Event Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Joylil View Post
    I must say, that I kind of understand it. Some of us, who intend to stay in LOTRO are a bit tired of the QQ about LOTRO and the ongoing 'advertisement' of GW2, and yea - I did buy it, but I don't intend to leave LOTRO. I still love the story here, the world, and the people playing it. So I am sorry - they guy that got this, don't really have my emphaty, because he didnt really respect those who are still here.
    +1, GW2 bought, tired of all the QQ and that guy was trolling all threads with GW2 stuff.
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

It's no longer about whether the players respects others or not, there are forum rules to judge this. Closing a forum account explicitly because the said user stated he/she was leaving for Guild Wars 2 is petty.

If one where to leave LOTRO for Minecraft or WoW or Farmville even, should they also ban those users? Now that they have starting banning people for such a thing, I expect to see CONSISTENCY. Ban ALL who say they leave for GW2 or reinstating the account in question.

If the said user remains banned and no action is taken on all others who also stated they're leaving for Guild Wars 2 then that user is being VICTIMISED by Turbine.

Plenty of others have stated they are leaving for GW2, I'm quite sure I did too at some point, yet I remain untouched. It appears this user is being victimised by Turbine and do you think this victimisation is a good thing?
    Last edited by defrule; Jul 01 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Seconded. Tried GW2 out and ... meh. Bits of it I liked, bits of it I didn't. Just another game as far as I am concerned. Ironically hearing about GW2 incessantly from some quarters has actually put me right off it.

Personally I didnt like the look of GW2s PvP - more FPS and building stuff than actual hack and slash killing going on.

I have also over the years got bored to tears with the intermittent "The end of LOTRO is Nigh" and "This new game is so much better than LOTRO" monologues of people who have swapped games - often very temporarily...

Remember AoC, Darkfall, SWTOR?

However I would be extremely unhappy with the idea of Turbine censoring peoples forum posts and deleting their accounts just because they chose to compare some aspect of LOTRO unfavourably with another game.

PS - my personal favourite alternative PvP game - Mount and Blade!

If LOTRO PvP was more like this, id never leave!

http://uk.gamespot.com/war-of-the-ro...roses-6365126/
    "Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory." The Art of War by Sun Tzu
    Connall of Dunland, Warlord of [url=http://frontline.shivtr.com/]Frontline[/url] Freep PvP Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by ConnallofLaurelin View Post
    Personally I didnt like the look of GW2s PvP - more FPS and building stuff than actual hack and slash killing going on.

I have also over the years got bored to tears with the intermittent "The end of LOTRO is Nigh" and "This new game is so much better than LOTRO" monologues of people who have swapped games - often very temporarily...

Remember AoC, Darkfall, SWTOR?
    I've beta tested games like that in the past. It's interesting to see them from the inside out when those not in the beta are hyping them up. SWTOR was a great example of that ... hyped to the high heavens and yet just another MMO with its highs and lows like the rest of them.

However I would be extremely unhappy with the idea of Turbine censoring peoples forum posts and deleting their accounts just because they chose to compare some aspect of LOTRO unfavourably with another game.
    It's their forum, they can do what they like tbh. Personally I'm quite thankful that they're clamping down on the GW2 adverts some people post incessantly. I come here to read about LOTRO, if I wanted to read about GW2 I'd go to a GW2 forum.

PS - my personal favourite alternative PvP game - Mount and Blade!
    You have good taste!

Personally I`d like to see Turbine investing money into lotro and pvmp instead of banning people who highlight how bad it is. Maybe if they listened to their community rather than banning them they could improve things.

This exactly

It's their forum, they can do what they like tbh. Personally I'm quite thankful that they're clamping down on the GW2 adverts some people post incessantly. I come here to read about LOTRO, if I wanted to read about GW2 I'd go to a GW2 forum.
    A rather poor excuse, although technically correct.

Its not cool for them to put their fingers in their ears and say "nahnahnah, not listening... its our forum and we can do what we want".

I seriously doubt you would hear so much about <insert other game> if LOTRO was not so bad.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

King of the Castle

Creeps won 3-2. Grats!
    And thanks for a really fun evening.

Glad i didn't take the time to post that i will play GW2 when it's released, because lotro pvmp sucks. Otherwise i would be banned :P

Sorry - but I dont know how much that guy spammed the forum or if he didnt at all. As long I dont know that, I can't comment on it. Plain logic to me. I still find it annoying, so I will keep my focus on Middleearth.

The teamspeak channel that was used for the event tonight is here to stay. I hope we can find good use for it in the future.

/cheers Laurelin - you are the best!

Rank

Grats on Rank 10 Eawig.

Sadly I couldn't be in the event, but wish you had a good time.
    Gratz to Spain, European champion.
    Again.

Did a month worth of reading just now.
    I must say I didn't regret not-playing, hearing about the bad state Creeps are still in (since at least launch of RoI), also considering RoR is coming up (and big expansion always means OP freeps). I was and am a guy that doesn't believe in one game killing the other game and I was a guy that thought he'd stick with Lotro as first and last mmo.
    I can't say I love every bit of GW2, esp it's style (read: flashy animations, big boobies, fantasy landscapes, unrealistic looking monsters). But the WvWvW...
    I fully disagree with Connall on the FPS part btw, less than Lotro at least...
    But I agree on the building-stuff-part, that plays a large role. But I totally like siege-weapons and their uses, so that's no problem for me.
    Give me GW2 with lotro's visuals (lore-wise, both are great) and I'm a happy guy.

I agree with Joylil that's a bit weird to hype GW2 on lotro's forum. (Slightly hypocrite, I tried to keep it low.) I think people should continue qqing about lotro though, that's what the forum is for after all.
    Not sure what the guy that got banned posted, so I cant comment on that case.

I miss lotro and I might come back for a bit when I'm done studying for this year.

/Niriuf
    [URL="http://karn-aanug.mmoguildsites.com/"][CENTER][I][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Georgia"]Aurora Rubra Venit[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER][/URL]

Event was truly nice. I hope everyone enjoyed it as i did, kudos to all organizers and to those who were there!

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    Glad i didn't take the time to post that i will play GW2 when it's released, because lotro pvmp sucks. Otherwise i would be banned :P
    Like turning that flag in red TR?
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/5/4/9/0/0/5654900bzdgw.png[/img][/url]

Evaluation King of the Castle

After a good nights sleep, it is time to evaluate last nights event. This is my perspective only, feel free to comment.

Last nights event showed me, that time limited events has a few positive sides. No one last night felt zerged, tho both sides had a few hard times - and to stop, while the game is still fun, might be better for all of us, than we tend to realize in usually ettens days/nights. And the same argument come in handy, if you decide to swap sides for an hour (and already decided to make Rising Sun events time limited to). It is a lot easier to give one or two hours, than a whole night.

Another issue, that we saw last night, is, that the time limit, do make us all more focused. We need to be in time for the raid start, or we might miss the event. All of us wanted most action as possible of the time and time was not wasted arguing (not much at least).

The teamspeak support worked really fine - and it was pure luxurary to have a supervisor there to keep track and guide us when needed. I don't expect this in the future. Lets try use teamspeak more, and lets see how it works out for us.

/cheers Laurelin

PS. Posted an updated event list in the event Thread

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Joylil again.

<3 much love for Joylil, and all the hard work!
    Officer - Dances with Wargs
    Haldlaar R7 ba - Halgash R6 warg - Haldot R5 spider - Halkaarn R5 wl
    Edras R5 lm Haldlas R2 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Haldlas View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Joylil again.

<3 much love for Joylil, and all the hard work!
    How can I not add reputation for this post? Thank You But pls dont forget - that we are all a part of making it happen.

Played my reaver for the first time today since U6 (R4). Can't say it was a pleasant experience. First I got a 7k Crit Epic Conclusion from a RK (Wonder what a Dev would be like) and then I got ganked by Alexgar, Gildalin and Eolborn in a spar circle when I all I wanted was to watch Masticore and Grolmog loose some fights.

I know that many are against spars and try to break them up, and I can understand that and to a certain degree respect that. But what is pathetic is standing in a spar circle, watching spars, and then suddenly deciding to gank a R4 reaver that has stood there for like 4 minutes. That's low, but I guess some people do everything for renown.

Oh and sorry for my raging in the freep OOC earlier. I apologise for the inconvenience and I sincerely hope I won't do that again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c01000000fb6c/signature.png]Grazak[/charsig]

[i]Grazak R11 BA/Grosnehk R7 WL[/i]
    [i]Officer of Invictus[/i]

Hi Guys, Hannor here

Thanks to all freeps that allowed me to lead them in battle tonight for 1 hour.

As there was no-one else willing to lead and freeps where having issues with the creep numbers

first time leading a full raid in ettens, and i still have ALOT to learn, on that note if any freep/creep PMs me in game, or send a private message on these forums, giving any advice i would like that alot

Thanks and let it always rain Renown / Infamy
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c010000112579/signature.png]Warkill[/charsig]

Hannor, at least you tried, so thanks and /respect.

About tips, well I'm not a raidleader and won't be, but I've learned some things from people who leads me.

Yesterday's freep raid was full of newbies, so you can't expect them to follow rat, dont slack and so. We also lacked captains and good dps.

RAT: Using a hunter as rat is bad for melees, because ranged sometimes select targets so far and the melees have to move too much. Try to select nearest targets, to you or to the melee ball.
    Also is better to select easy targets at first (low rank, soloers, no audacity), so WL waste soon ress and bubbles, and people get hope and courage seeing the rat going down.

If our "·$"·~# are being kicked hard, don't hesitate asking ALL minstrels to go heals. Heals are the most OP skill in freep side, and 6 minstrels are better than 4. Same with LM and antistun. If they don't want feel free to kick'em. RL orders are God words. If RL say jump, we just ask How high.

Wargs: Someone has to take care of minstrels being eaten by wargs. Warg is the best dps now in creep side, and 3 of them can eat a minstrel in seconds. If you have guardians, they MUST SW the minstrels. OP guardian is useless and a SW can save a wipe. If no guards, maybe having a champ around minstrels can help. I use to stay with my RK next to them to try to protect, but champs do a better work with all the AoE, and they use to be alive much more time than me...

If you are loosing, and is gonna be the 4th wipe on a row, try to fight next to NPC so wargs work will be harder. No one should blame you for that. If you wipe too much you'll start seeing people who suddenly must go to bed, dinner, whatever.

Try to move captain to buff all fellows and check all the fellows are balanced. Your fellow must have the captain and the best healer, and at least try to have 2 very good fellows with best heals and dps.

And talk, talking is so important. Make greenies play better, because some of them have not very clear what they are supposed to do. And also make people feel better...

William Wallace: And if this is your army, why does it go?
    Veteran: We didnt come here to fight for them!
    Young Soldier: Home! The English are too many!
    William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
    Young Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
    William Wallace: Yes, Ive heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, hed consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his &&&&. [Scottish army laughs]
    William Wallace: I *am* William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. Youve come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
    Veteran: Fight? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.
    William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and youll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but theyll never take... OUR FREEDOM! [Scottish army cheers]
    William Wallace: Alba gu bra! ["Scotland forever!"]
    Army: ALBA GU BRA! ALBA GU BRA! ALBA GU BRA!

Last edited by TiNdA-LoS; Jul 04 2012 at 04:14 AM.

Page 102 of 285 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast