We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 236 of 282 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 7026
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadhol View Post
    Has any creep ever wondered why do they still linger in this game? Things are terrible and with current planned updates it'll only get worse as it always does.
    Where else do you find a bug free game of such high quality? With a healthy breeding ground for the elitists, since this game is unplayable for none but the best. If you're not on top of your game for just a fraction of a second, you're toast! There's no fotm classes to hide behind, no I-win-buttons, no ezmoding, all is perfectly balanced in the rock-paper-scissor way all good pvp games are centered around. Nay my good man, if it gets worse it's only because it couldn't get any better! *nods sagely*

or...

It's free of charge, there's some nice people to chat with, the OOC banter can be quite fun when it peaks. If nothing else happens you can use the opponents spies to mock and taunt them until they log a creep and QQ at you. The latter can be pretty dang entertaining, if it gets really good it almost brings me back to PK'ing in UO <3
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglaf View Post
    Agreed Goblinking

Although I expected some freeps to come and QQ at creepside,I never expected that this would happen:

In the end,everyone succumbs to the Princess' will.
    Hahahahh, what have I just read?! A 15y old had no idea he was FC'ing? I don't know who you were talking about in this little chat, but I wouldn't have believed "he had no idea" even if he was a 7 years old. Even he would know it's a big NONO thing. It's funny though, it seems you can find all sorts of FC'ers in these raids that you were talking about. Kind of a gotta catch 'em all attitude, innit? Because in the end every FC'er is somewhat innocent. There will always be a reason to give "another chance", right?) "He was too young, let's give him a second chance!" "He is too dumb, let's give him another chance!" "Rolling on freep ain't easy enough yet, he had to do it for his ranks, let's give him one more chance!"

But to not sound only negatively, I got your back with the statement about commenting on other people's personal lives in a game, Cal. I think you are right. There are quite regularly no personal lives you could comment on so why bother, right?

P.S: Absolutely loved how among the named values was playing computer games :')

If you let your kinnies FC and get away with it you're to sorriest excuse for a kinleader I can think of.

But then it comes down to having standards and principles, never a high priority on freep side
    Proud leader of [url]www.thewesternalliance.org[/url] On [EN-RP] Laurelin

Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker
    - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#### war tab i know, but r10!
    [Center] [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/87113131175lotro_lotro11.png[/img][/url]
    ll Flicky - r10 Stalker ll Hispanabs Raidbabys - Rank 2 Black arrow ll
    ll Aiumdurr - r9 Hunter ll Auria - r6 Captain ll [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronthor View Post
    If you let your kinnies FC and get away with it you're to sorriest excuse for a kinleader I can think of.

But then it comes down to having standards and principles, never a high priority on freep side
    While I frown deeply upon FC-ers, I also frown upon generalizations, in general. Call it a ... matter of standards and principle.

Okay enough silly jest. This is a serious matter. Let's get back to the matter of the kinleader that chose to be lenient with a FC-er, because the accused is a teen.

Let's start with 'The Rules' as of August 2013, so we have a level playingfield as a vantage point:
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    So there we have it. Personally I think anyone who enters the Moors for the first time should get these rules in their mail. So we can no longer say 'We could not have known'. That's a too easy escape. I hate it when a system enables someone to play 'stoopid' and evade punishment.

The teen is accused of something, and he should just have been reported to Customer Service and recieved the appropiate penalty if indeed proven guilty. Did that happen? Can we verify that? Because if that did happen, he served his punishment and he gets to start again with a clean slate if the punishment wasn't a permaban. That would mean it's really up to the liberty of the kinleader to keep/take him back in the kin. Undergo the punishment, get another chance, don't repeat it as at some point you will be permabanned.

Things get murky if the accused teen somehow evaded investigation and (possible) disciplinairy action because noone reported him. You could still report him now, the section of 'retroactive' in the rules above only refer to violations before August 2013, but the longer ago this happened, the bigger the chance logs can't be traced anymore or the GM let's bygones be bygones.

Let us assume the accused teen did not undergo GM investigation and evaded the disciplinairy action he should likely have recieved. Is it then up to us, the players, his peers, to punish him instead?

This is indeed a matter of principles and standards. It is NOT up to us to hand out punishment. We may hold our own personal opinions and "forever" keep disgust for the accused teen. We may hold our opinions and think of his kinleader as someone with a weak, soft spine or as 'turning a blind eye to FC-ing' (it's your opinion after all, I'm not telling you what to think). But that's where it ends. It's not up to us to extend punishment by publicly painting the blazoons of persons involved with tar and feather.

It is up to us to instareport FC-ers and have our opinions about them. Keep tar and feathers at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    While I frown deeply upon FC-ers, I also frown upon generalizations, in general. Call it a ... matter of standards and principle.

Okay enough silly jest. This is a serious matter. Let's get back to the matter of the kinleader that chose to be lenient with a FC-er, because the accused is a teen.

Let's start with 'The Rules' as of August 2013, so we have a level playingfield as a vantage point:

So there we have it. Personally I think anyone who enters the Moors for the first time should get these rules in their mail. So we can no longer say 'We could not have known'. That's a too easy escape. I hate it when a system enables someone to play 'stoopid' and evade punishment.

The teen is accused of something, and he should just have been reported to Customer Service and recieved the appropiate penalty if indeed proven guilty. Did that happen? Can we verify that? Because if that did happen, he served his punishment and he gets to start again with a clean slate if the punishment wasn't a permaban. That would mean it's really up to the liberty of the kinleader to keep/take him back in the kin. Undergo the punishment, get another chance, don't repeat it as at some point you will be permabanned.

Things get murky if the accused teen somehow evaded investigation and (possible) disciplinairy action because noone reported him. You could still report him now, the section of 'retroactive' in the rules above only refer to violations before August 2013, but the longer ago this happened, the bigger the chance logs can't be traced anymore or the GM let's bygones be bygones.

Let us assume the accused teen did not undergo GM investigation and evaded the disciplinairy action he should likely have recieved. Is it then up to us, the players, his peers, to punish him instead?

This is indeed a matter of principles and standards. It is NOT up to us to hand out punishment. We may hold our own personal opinions and "forever" keep disgust for the accused teen. We may hold our opinions and think of his kinleader as someone with a weak, soft spine or as 'turning a blind eye to FC-ing' (it's your opinion after all, I'm not telling you what to think). But that's where it ends. It's not up to us to extend punishment by publicly painting the blazoons of persons involved with tar and feather.

It is up to us to instareport FC-ers and have our opinions about them. Keep tar and feathers at home.
    If GMs do nothing about it,then it IS our duty to punish the Rank Farmer.There are a lot of ways to do so (e.g. kick him from kinship,ban him from groups/raids).People have the feeling of justice inside them,no matter if they belong to freepside or creepside,until someone throws tons of dust in their eyes(Dunno if that's the correct expression in English).Tar and feathers are an exellent idea though!
    My example to support this is the case of Glitcho,a minstrel who fced till r14.Almost all the creeps (not these who were way too forgiving) and tons of freeps strongly disliked him from doing that,and I think (without being sure) that he was banned from raids.

In addition,that excuse of "not knowing it is not allowed" is just ridiculous.I doubt there is anyone (although some are really close) that brainless to understand that Rank Farming is cheating.

"Bad words" avoided in order to avoid another infraction for "calling names and players' actions ingame"

P.S. I know that the words I post here enter Cal's one ear and leave the other,although he QQs when something is targetted
    at him.I dont expect freep mentality to change because of me.But you know,that's how rebellions start.The more people shout about something,the stronger they become.

Also,something which will burden me with a bonus infraction or ban (I dont really know),but we gotta say some things out loud : I have lost all my faith to the game and all the people who work for it.The only good thing about this game is the Player Council (and its members of course!) I only expect from this people to carry the game on,with all the things they are doing for it.Kepp doing the best possible people!

In the end,you will all succumb to the Princess' will.

Cheers for all the (real) creeps out there,
    ~Arachnathel~
    ~Arachnathel Le Goddess~
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff6666]Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked for, is mine. ~Nikola Tesla~[/COLOR][/SIZE]

We're all allowed to have our opinions, we're equally allowed to voice our opinions as well. What tar and feathers is there in a MMO like LotrO anyways?

They moan at you and you cba with it? Hit /ignore. They CJ you? Hit /rofl. People refuse to group with you? Hit /haha-yea-right-phat-chance.
    They call you out and zerg you? Hit...oh wait, that's every day life.

If any of these examples prove too difficult for you to cope with, chances are the internet is not for you and you should probably just Hit /delete.

Trust me, if there was any tar and feather to be found I'd liberally apply it to whoever I deemed 'worthy' of it, which would be around 86.66% of the moors. Yus. I'm looking at you you handholding ballcupping win-switching free-loading ezmoding fotm skilled no-good-for-nothing-key-turning-button-mashing clubbing spineless zerglodyte of a sorry excuse for a pvp'er. If I had my way you guys would not only act like the poultry you are, you'd look like it as well.
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.

It's still the same story really. As long as there is a benefit in supporting fightclubbers, majority of the people on freepside won't be against them and most the people won't be reporting it. And since most of the fightclubbers are nolifers with the top gear (why would casuals care about ranks after all) and since they give the freepside its numbers and a significant firepower, they will be always welcome in raids. Therefore it's probably not fair to call Cal a "pathetic and spineless piece of ****" or how someone called him in one of the previous posts (cba looking it up). He simply had no choice. If he won't take clubbers into his raids, someone else will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post

Trust me, if there was any tar and feather to be found I'd liberally apply it to whoever I deemed 'worthy' of it, which would be around 86.66% of the moors. Yus. I'm looking at you you handholding ballcupping win-switching free-loading ezmoding fotm skilled no-good-for-nothing-key-turning-button-mashing clubbing spineless zerglodyte of a sorry excuse for a pvp'er. If I had my way you guys would not only act like the poultry you are, you'd look like it as well.
    Heh,gotta love that controlled rage/fury/anger.
    ~Arachnathel Le Goddess~
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff6666]Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked for, is mine. ~Nikola Tesla~[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ketth View Post
    It's still the same story really. As long as there is a benefit in supporting fightclubbers, majority of the people on freepside won't be against them and most the people won't be reporting it. And since most of the fightclubbers are nolifers with the top gear (why would casuals care about ranks after all) and since they give the freepside its numbers and a significant firepower, they will be always welcome in raids. Therefore it's probably not fair to call Cal a "pathetic and spineless piece of ****" or how someone called him in one of the previous posts (cba looking it up). He simply had no choice. If he won't take clubbers into his raids, someone else will anyway.

The weird thing is,that ALL the freepleaders atm come from the gang...erm I meant kinship Cal owns.Since he is the leader of that gang...ermmm kinship (dammit,my keyboard makes mistakes),he could prevent his gangsters...ermmmm KINNIES I mean (ffs keyboard) from taking fcers into their raids
    ~Arachnathel Le Goddess~

The weird thing is,that ALL the freepleaders atm come from the gang...erm I meant kinship Cal owns.Since he is the leader of that gang...ermmm kinship (dammit,my keyboard makes mistakes),he could prevent his gangsters...ermmmm KINNIES I mean (ffs keyboard) from taking fcers into their raids
    Yeah well, but this is already an issue of the personal attitude and one's own conscience. Where there is none... I mean, sure, Cal has the power to influence what's going on on freepside. But why would he do it? Fightclubbers in a raid usually mean more renown and higher facerolling capabilities of the group. I noticed he often gets quite angry about the game so you probably also cannot expect him he would pass on the chance to roflstomp someone who argues with him on forums. And for that he needs fightclubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketth View Post
    Yeah well, but this is already an issue of the personal attitude and one's own conscience. Where there is none... I mean, sure, Cal has the power to influence what's going on on freepside. But why would he do it? Fightclubbers in a raid usually mean more renown and higher facerolling capabilities of the group. I noticed he often gets quite angry about the game so you probably also cannot expect him he would pass on the chance to roflstomp someone who argues with him on forums. And for that he needs fightclubbers.
    That is true,but you know what?He had never roflstoped me on forums,and he only roflstomped me ingame by using 20 more puppets.
    Am I not worthy enough to be your opponent Cal?Then,I guess I will have to challenge you...you cant say no to a challenge,can you?
    ~Arachnathel Le Goddess~

Speaking as a kinleader, the job comes with a lot of perks, and one big unspoken duty, to do what's right for the entire group. My comment wasn't about punishing the kid, it's about doing what's right for the kin and making a statement to the rest of the world "this is not what we are about", "this is not okay".

Having done nothing but make excuses after a member clearly breaks the games' rules (and admits it) you send the wrong message out and now everyone in your kinship is marked by it.
    But hey fair enough if nobody in this particular kinship cares then that's fine.

What you cannot do after that though is try to take the moral highground in any other argument, because you have condoned cheating.

I come from an FPS background where cheating is a real problem and I spent several years actively fighting them, cheaters are a real problem in the gaming world and can seriously harm a game. And anybody who doesn't take it seriously as a problem has clearly not tried to play against someone with an aimbot.

My comment is not about punishing some 15 year old, it's about someone claiming to have the moral highground when they have already demonstrated publicly that they have let those values go.

To me, you have then lost all believability. Heck, this is exactly why Patrat is so popular on creep side....he's an unapologetic troll, no two faced posturing, no hypocrisy, you see what you get and you get what you see.

If some freeps would just stop acting like they are doing things out of a sense of mutual fun or challenge and just admit they play to farm and nothing else...well they'd probably get a lot less flack from the opposite side.

Because you know....we may be crazy for playing such a woefully unbalanced side, but we are not in fact, stupid.

Have the balls to stand up and say "we don't care if people FC" and you get a lot more respect then pretending you do.
    Proud leader of [url]www.thewesternalliance.org[/url] On [EN-RP] Laurelin

Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker
    - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

I don't care if people fc, for 1st time.
    Ofcourse I would report that person if I caught him/her, but I wouldn't ban him/her from kin/groups, yet.
    I've said this before, I value 2nd chance, so if I hear that person does it again, I will ignore him and will let other freeps know that this person cheats and clearly knows it.

Sometimes I might have to fight on their side, I don't enjoy it, but I will take advantage of it against higher numbers, since you will kill me after him/her anyways, or leech if I see him/her having easy kill <--this latter one I enjoy :P

You might not agree with me, but this is how I play.

ps. Grats Flicky (edit: for rank I mean!), you're first warg for a while who was able to kill me solo, I was like "### DID HE DO!?" when that happened :P (brgs are ridiculous atm, but only ~80k and it's champs turn)

pps. I hope Cal gets your challenge, Arach. And freeps do have atleast ONE non-keeper leader! can't get any others in mind now...
    Last edited by Welmur; Mar 13 2014 at 05:11 PM.
    Welmur - LM 85
    Willion - Burger 95

Congrats on r14 to Zpykee, one of our best and most dedicated healers and also a great person! <3
    Woofi, the pacifist dwarf [COLOR=#008000]R11[/COLOR] | Gnaw, the happy warg pup [COLOR=#b22222]R10[/COLOR] | Bobblie, Orcs sans Frontières [COLOR=#b22222]R10[/COLOR]

ahha gratz zpykee. well done and respect for playing defiler in the state the class is atm:-). prolly highest ranked defiler ever on laurelin:-).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Welmur View Post
    ps. Grats Flicky, you're first warg for a while who was able to kill me solo, I was like "### DID HE DO!?" when that happened :P (brgs are ridiculous atm, but only ~80k and it's champs turn)
    Cheers, xD It's down to movement most of the time ^^ I find anyway.

Grats Alinubza for rank 14 on Defiler.

Wish Grofv would upload these pics of that Hispanab fcing!
    As for Fcing - All people who FC should either - Be stripped of their rank and have ettens access removed from their account and be given a new badge of ''Cheating wánker'' which isn't an option to show, it's always there. instead of ''Insert rank here''
    Or perma banned.
    Either would be fine with me.
    Crixonab/Aronab/That other loremaster.... Ermm... Langone? Well he should be gone anyway! should all suffer one of the above fates imo.
    [Center] [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/87113131175lotro_lotro11.png[/img][/url]
    ll Flicky - r10 Stalker ll Hispanabs Raidbabys - Rank 2 Black arrow ll
    ll Aiumdurr - r9 Hunter ll Auria - r6 Captain ll [/center]

Dear friends,

We are gathered here today, in the sight of the admins, to discuss this nasty thing called fightclubbing.
    We will not discuss other nasty things, like multiboxing, name calling, hypocrit behaviour and personal insults, as that is all a fair and square part of the game and very much accepted by atleast a decent part of the community on the other side.

The person in question is still in our kin, and will remain to be in our kin. As honoured as I am by the power creeps seem to give me, let me tell you that the decision that has been made on this matter has been made with my team of officers, and isn't just my decision. I am more than willing to take credit though. As am I willing to take credit for all the zerg raids I have been accounted for, whilst ignoring the fact that I usually lead 2 groups per week, no more. Freep leadership consists out of alot more people than just humble me. But hey, blame me, it's the easiest thing to do. Is it weird that I'd lead a raid in healmode, standing at the back of the raid? Yes, but not impossible. Is it weird that I have lead raids whille I wasn't even online? Yes, but not impossible. Galadriel could pull some telepathic trick, why wouldn't Cal be able to do the same.

Back to business, as I explained to my little princess, the person in question is very young (15), and admits to have FC'd a whopping 2k renown. Well, FC.. he leeched someone who actually did it. Still, not ok. What starts with 2k can grow to become an El.. oh wait, no names. Can grow to become a notorious fightclubber. And I agree, as leader of one of the bigger PvP kins on this server I would do well to set an example, and atleast (temporarily) ban this person from my raids, as I have done with so many others. Again, this is so easy to forget. I'd never hold that against anyone.

Fact is, this person made his mistake long before he joined my kin. I believe it were 6 or 7 months (now: 8-9). Would it make sense to ban someone from my kin for a very minor offence he committed 7 months ago? I think not. Did we have a chat about it? Ofcourse we did. did he learn, he sure did. Is the matter resolved? Yes it is.

Now, I understand that some creeps in all their frustration about unbalanced fights, smelly Dwarves and mean Elves need to aim their anger at something or someone. And with the kid not really being able to defend himself and me as the embodyment of all that is wrong with these naughty freeps, we make a juicy target. But maybe you should try and find something to discuss which is a bit more important.

To cut my ever growing story a bit shorter: I strongly believe in second chances. Especially when there's such a minor offence involved. It was 2k renown, leeched from a fightclubber by a 15 y.o. boy 7 months ago who wsn't in my kin and recently discovered Ettenmoors. The fact that this has grown to be a major cause of creepside QQ is beyond me. Surely you can think of more important/interesting topics to flame about. And I won't even discuss the fact that when the offence took place, Turbine did not have an official policy about fightclubbing yet. We've had a chat, as a leader would with a kinsman. The person admitted it was a silly thing to do, and has been a solid and clean player ever since. I am 100% sure that he will not make such a mistake again, and the Moors is a happier place (well, in theory).

This matter is closed to me. You are now free to quote (parts) of my text, read it carefully, think about it for an hour and try and twist my words. If you work hard, there's a good chance you'll succeed. Cya in a month or three when I feel like reading/posting in the snakepit again.

May the buffs be ever in your favour,
    Calthoras
    Calthoras. R14 Runekeeper - R11 Champion - R8 Captain - R8 Loremaster - R7 Minstrel - R6 Hunter - R6 Guardian - R6 Burglar - R6 Warden
    R8 Warleader - R7 Warg - R7 Reaver - R6 Blackarrow - R6 Weaver - R6 Defiler
    Leader of the Keepers of Silmarils

Quote Originally Posted by Calminayon View Post
    Dear friends,

We are gathered here today...
    Who is getting married?
    *Morgothel - r13 Weaver* *Bushum - r10 Stalker* - *Elastoplasto - r10 Warleader* - *Demarael - r10 Hunter*

Quote Originally Posted by Esondall View Post
    Who is getting married?

Cal is getting married with his pixels.

On another topic,I think I received about 5 infraction in less than 30 minutes.Sorry (not really) for being so rude towards you freeps (and Cal)
    I kinda forgot that you're cryharders when it comes to real life.Continue living on this iconic life.Dont worry,it can only make you less intelligent

In the end,you will all succumb to the Princess' will
    ~Arachnathel Le Goddess~

Talk about a drama bomb!

Now the 7 month old, dusty, retired issue has been dealt with and is now allowed to sink to the bottom of the cyber-geek-rage pool...

Who is up for ###-kicking / licking / bonding (of sorts) this evening? You know.. the general decapitation, bloodletting and mutilation kind that us freepsies bestow upon our beloved creepsies...

Hope to see many creeps on the field.

This noob will be dusting off his leading skills if there is no freep leader active when I log in

Much love,
    Khan
    For you, the day I rolled into your keeps and slaughtered your elite.. was a memorable day. For me.. it was Tuesday.

Gratz on rank Zpykee, respect indeed that you still play the class in bad times not like every other creep nablet that only play classes whenever its OP *cough* reavers
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/94213163103lotro_lotro09.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronthor View Post
    Speaking as a kinleader, the job comes with a lot of perks, and one big unspoken duty, to do what's right for the entire group. My comment wasn't about punishing the kid, it's about doing what's right for the kin and making a statement to the rest of the world "this is not what we are about", "this is not okay".

Having done nothing but make excuses after a member clearly breaks the games' rules (and admits it) you send the wrong message out and now everyone in your kinship is marked by it.
    But hey fair enough if nobody in this particular kinship cares then that's fine.

What you cannot do after that though is try to take the moral highground in any other argument, because you have condoned cheating.

I come from an FPS background where cheating is a real problem and I spent several years actively fighting them, cheaters are a real problem in the gaming world and can seriously harm a game. And anybody who doesn't take it seriously as a problem has clearly not tried to play against someone with an aimbot.

My comment is not about punishing some 15 year old, it's about someone claiming to have the moral highground when they have already demonstrated publicly that they have let those values go.

To me, you have then lost all believability. Heck, this is exactly why Patrat is so popular on creep side....he's an unapologetic troll, no two faced posturing, no hypocrisy, you see what you get and you get what you see.

If some freeps would just stop acting like they are doing things out of a sense of mutual fun or challenge and just admit they play to farm and nothing else...well they'd probably get a lot less flack from the opposite side.

Because you know....we may be crazy for playing such a woefully unbalanced side, but we are not in fact, stupid.

Have the balls to stand up and say "we don't care if people FC" and you get a lot more respect then pretending you do.
    I have the balls to stand up and say "I loathe FC-ing" and I have the balls to stand up and say a kin-leader who is willing to forgive a young player who did (as I read and assume it's true) nothing that compares to FC-ing for ranks on end, a minor offender, under the strict condition of NEVER EVER doing that again, is a good kin-leader with quite some balls of his own. Because he could have seen coming that many would indeed react as angry as some here.

That said, I do wonder if the player in question has been reported in the past, because he did get caught redhanded it seems? I also do wonder where Cal then does draw the line?

Because the rule is there, it is hard fought for (and I was one of many that fought for it on this forum!), and it is up to us the players to enable the GM's to enforce it, and up to Turbine to indeed put the smack down where it is due.

He, don't get me wrong. I do get your frustration. I HATE it that FC-ers get ranks and commies at no effort in like what, a day? that will take me months as a rather casual player. And I am indeed somewhat crazy as well, as I play a quite unbalanced game of my own: I don't have nearly as much time to play as some of you, which means I'm behind in aud, rank, gear, routine, skill and in being among the regulars that have somewhat fixed spots in raids. I actually find it fun (!!) and deliberately set my self up glass cannon, but knowing that some falsely cheatfully gained what takes me a lot of time and effort just by FC-ing is indeed something I object to strongly.

Anyone new to the Moors should get the rule against FC-ing in their face, sign it so they can't say they've never seen it, and face a ban if found breaking it.

I'm putting my feet where my mouth is and am posting that suggestion in the BR forum. Because I think that with an influx of scaled low level freeps, it might be needed. Feel free to show some support here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...94#post7120794

Palinkirk!

Was good to see you on the field again old friend!

Sorry that the fighting was unbalanced. Wish the creeps had more numbers. Hope to see you soon on a more even battlefront!

*salutes*

Khan
    For you, the day I rolled into your keeps and slaughtered your elite.. was a memorable day. For me.. it was Tuesday.

If someone is 15 or 35 and fightclubbing, that person knows he is cheating. Unless it's someone with great mental 'disadvantage'. How could you think killing your 2nd account over and over and over for points is not cheating, while everyone else has to find an opponent and has to put in some effort to kill.

From my 7 years of experience in lotro i know freeps just accept fightclubbers and exploiters. Rice and a specific exploiting RK comes to mind.

But when someone talk a lot on global yeah then it's a different story, then you won't be accepted in a raid. (few years ago i got declined in raids just because raid leaders told each others to not invite me, even a leader who came back to the game after many months had to kick me because someone told him in tell) Sad people. But maybe that can fuel our anger so we can have some nice creep-freep fights. *cough*
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Page 236 of 282 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 246 ... LastLast