We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 129 of 278 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 6940
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronthor View Post
    But then I was a blade and after you've grouped with the likes of Morfinsel, Calwen, Gnarbryt and Eldacal, the hacks that call themselves freeps these days don't impress you much.
    aaah nostalgia
    haha

You remind me Fingue, he is always saying that I can't discuss about Lotro PvP because I havent played in SoA...
    And sure he is right, you guys don't know how lucky you are for having the chance of playing this game since the beggining.

I wish I had been there...

Quote Originally Posted by TiNdA-LoS View Post
    haha

You remind me Fingue, he is always saying that I can't discuss about Lotro PvP because I havent played in SoA...
    And sure he is right, you guys don't know how lucky you are for having the chance of playing this game since the beggining.

I wish I had been there...
    it was a good time, people were less afraid/more willing to charge in and die and you actually had to use tactics instead of just out-healing or out-dpsing the other side.
    Sure it was even less balanced than now but the attitude of both sides was far less..careful.

It wasn't perfect by any stretch though, but yeah, you did miss some good times.

it was a good time, people were less afraid/more willing to charge in and die and you actually had to use tactics instead of just out-healing or out-dpsing the other side.
    Sure it was even less balanced than now but the attitude of both sides was far less..careful.

It wasn't perfect by any stretch though, but yeah, you did miss some good times.

We all agree that fights are for no brainers nowdays, It is mostly about outdpsing, or outhealing even when sometimes creeps can do the same, but that's because freeps here sucks.

I dobout you these guys could match us! As the group I posted is pretty nice,maybe yes...maybe not, but as Fingue says, we can't talk! past times were better, it is word who everyone says, but I agree, I say the same in most of the games I have been in.

But you can't say it about freeps, to start later doesn't mean to be better or to be worst, everyone has a optential, when you discover your max, you are ready for every challenge.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgilh View Post
    I dobout you these guys could match us! As the group I posted is pretty nice,maybe yes...maybe not, but as Fingue says, we can't talk! past times were better, it is word who everyone says, but I agree, I say the same in most of the games I have been in.

But you can't say it about freeps, to start later doesn't mean to be better or to be worst, everyone has a optential, when you discover your max, you are ready for every challenge.

Cheers!
    well, seeing as I am one of the few people still playing that have fought both groups, I think I'm in a fairly unique position to compare them.

But I will just leave it at that.

I still maintain, that is not a group of the best individual pvpers this server has to offer.

well, seeing as I am one of the few people still playing that have fought both groups, I think I'm in a fairly unique position to compare them.

But I will just leave it at that.

I still maintain, that is not a group of the best individual pvpers this server has to offer.
    Well, I dobout you have ever seen a good pvp group in laurein, if you compare freeps here to freeps in a server like vanyar, you will want to cry.

So starting from there, I won't be impressed either.

\o/.

I can't agree there, right now this group have some of the best pvpers here, for example dreggo, no one captain is even close of him, or sneck healing

Caz, if you've never fought the blades you simply don't know what you are talking about, SB ruled this server for the first 2 years.

Yes I have seen a good pvp group on laurelin, that's exactly why I am so harsh to the majority of the current freeps. I fought Eldacal's raids.

But the past is the past and if you wont take my word for it there is no way to prove or disprove anything because it's all subjective anyway.

But sheri is the best pvp mincer on the server

Also, it's "doubt" not "dobout" :P

Eldacal was just a noob...

It was different times Grimm, those Freeps fought against other problems then todays Freeps do, its hard to compare, SBs were good, these guys are very good too. Likely close to the best 6 man the Freeps right now can make, few good individuals still left out though...

[EDIT]: Mind the fact you are talking about SB raids, while we are talking about a 6 man group. Far less skill playing in raid then in group i my personal opinion, back in SoA it took more skill in raid then it does today to play, still less then it takes to charge with a small group though. You always had a back up healer, cross healing, more tar, more DPS while in a 6 man you depend exclusively on 5 people and their skill.
    Last edited by Torli; Oct 04 2012 at 12:50 AM.

now if only we had a super 6 man creep side that wasn't all wargs

Quote Originally Posted by Harmat View Post
    You got Invictus, hope they come back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmat View Post
    There has been a multiclass creep group fighting 6 v 6 for the last few nights. However its kept private as theres always someone who wants to screw it up.

Ok grim, we will never agree with eachother!

Oh mate maybe its doubt but if you see my posts, I do 500 mistakes writting, Im not an english speaker, you shouldn't expect me to write very well, my english is not in such a good shape you will notice very soon .

Well, time is time, If I doubt or not this is personal, All I can say is that right now, there are some of the best pvpers here, people who is not active nowdays is nothing, and believe me I played with the old SB's few times, like faileon or Pinalea, they are good hunters for example, but Faileon was mostly a double of me, with same tactics&dps, maybe you fought these groups but this was too diferent, right now this is hard to stand a raid vs raid fight or just to fight small groups around, freeps gnna zerg freeps, or creeps gonna zerg freeps if they can, not even mention the bloody wargs.

So mate, up to you but once again, there are some of the best pvp players right now, especially dreggo and sneckie because there are not many active cappys and minicers, I don't see any others better. Sherina was good, now she is not even active so..

Btw I'd say good fights yesterday, but this was more like a freep zerg against no ranked creeps, I did 4.600 playing just 2 hours or so, poor action.

[Raid] Eldacal: Pinoleo as it is common between raid leaders here, I am afraid I can't have you in my raid, I am sorry

XD

Maybe if that group contained sheri and elethuil i'd be impressed

But then I was a blade and after you've grouped with the likes of Morfinsel, Calwen, Gnarbryt and Eldacal, the hacks that call themselves freeps these days don't impress you much.

aaah nostalgia
    Gutterat: 'You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in Lugazag. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the keep, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!'

Zagy: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the Isengard lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mine every day for two commendations a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

Dafgash: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox in Grams at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mine for four silver every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Anklebiter: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down DoF, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
    You try and tell the young PvPers today that... and they won't believe you...'.
    Last edited by Gutterat; Oct 04 2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post
    Gutterat: 'You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in Lugazag. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the keep, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!'

Zagy: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the Isengard lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mine every day for two commendations a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

Dafgash: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox in Grams at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mine for four silver every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Anklebiter: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down DoF, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
    I once saw a version of the Four Yorkshiremen where John Cleese came on after the 'cold poison' part and said "I had to play a Reaver in RoI". That was the end of the sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterat View Post

hahahahah +rep, funniest post I have ever seen here

why are we talking about people who left the game 3 years ago ?

they where so awesome amazing unbelievable, uber special that they all left lotro. blablabla raid kins uber special mega good,
    reality is, most ended up with big fights and most of those kins are all broken up now, or dont even excists anymore.

reality is, we are still here, now who is more awesome ?

gimme a break
    Last edited by radixrollie; Oct 04 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Blades didnt left game. Many still playing, anyway, I would be happy if would end talk about that. I am sure more happy Grimm will be when he will hear, that one of blades got rank 10. Tada!

Cheers all!

wasnt specifically aimed at blades i have nothing against them

just grims post, that everything in the past was better, but all those people are now gone.

look to the future, looking at the past wont get you forward
    Last edited by radixrollie; Oct 04 2012 at 03:12 PM.

TBH, what i can remember of PvP in SoA was awful...think it took like a year or two to get Rank 4 on my hnt....we were just soo squishy....but at least we could DF out and really annoy those wargs...

Ps: +rep Gutterat...peed myself and had to youtube some sketches

Yea, Guterat got me there

And Rollie... It was better, we was younger, we had more hairs on head, womens was looking at us with that fire in eyes, vine was never ending... ahhh SoA time. In my time Lotro was just better

Quote Originally Posted by GiottoBurglar View Post
    Eldacal was just a noob...
    Is that truly Giotto?! Are you gonna play again or just checking forums for fun stuff and trolls? If you are playing then move to Laurelin again, it would make things alot more interesting xD

I once in a while log in for a few minutes and yes, it looks bad! The good PvPers are small in numbers now. Where is Phidul, Grazak - the rest of Invictus, Ethiriell (not good but still...), Giottho (went long time ago but still counts), I, and even Patrat doesnt play much more!

The 2 only good tribes are vanishing and random tribes, consisting of nothing but true noobs, are growing each day. Some Invictus members are elsewhere and Per Entrare Devi Pagare (greates tribe in history) has only gotten 2 actual members - Dangmo and myself!

Someone must stop this madness! Who can take that burden opon their shoulders? It will not be the friendly-post Cazikee, Grimmjaw the betterknowing or Gutterat the oh-so-badass. It will not be Tindalas who hates no creep, Rollie the relatively random - nor will it be Miretocot with his useless statistics!
    NO! dear reader - for it will be the ignorant noobs of every creepy corner in this game. The true greenrings of Ettenmoors. Those who are usually few of words. THEY shall save us from low-infamy gain and desert-like conditions.

Thou shalt not fear, the day will come!

Quote Originally Posted by radixrollie View Post
    wasnt specifically aimed at blades i have nothing against them

just grims post, that everything in the past was better, but all those people are now gone.

look to the future, looking at the past wont get you forward
    yeah all those people are gone now, except I am one of those people

all those kinships are gone, except TWA is still here

Those who do not look to the past forget history, and so are doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

Did I say everything was better then? I did not.

I simply object to the idea that in that picture cazi posted are the best pvpers on this server.
    If that is the standard that freeps now work under, yes I do look at the past and I weep.
    if that is the freeps' dreamteam...well lets just say you guys wont like RoR very much.

Yeah so I bring up some players that have left the game. For good reason.
    Eldacal is the only freep leader EVER to stand on even ground against Harm, Morf and Calwen are the champs who schooled every other champ you see running around the moors now.
    Are they better? Maybe, maybe not.

They sure had a better attitude though.
    If you killed them they came back alone and tried again.

If I kill one of those sorry lot solo these days they are grouped up the next time (yes yes I cant solo, only gank blablabla give it a rest, I soloed every last person in that group except for maybe anayeth).
    And fair does to them, it is a perfectly legit tactic.

But then the other half of you sorry lot come on creep OOC and complain to ME that I roll wargpacks.

It's all one big joke anyway, hypocrisy stacked on hypocrisy, and yeah I'm guilty of it too, only human after all.
    But at least I have the nuts to admit it.

What it comes down is that the guys with the biggest mouth get all the credit when those that deserve the real acknowledgement get none.

You know what made Carnash and Grimlak such legends among us wargs? They played a great game and kept their mouths shut.

I can't do that myself, my mouth is too big, I get bored too easily and I like arguing too much.

you guys have some great PvPers on freep side but no one gives them the time of day because they aren't part of the "incrowd" or pets as we creeps like to call them.

So instead of patting each other on the back here on the forum or having a circle jerk every time you manage to zerg TA while distracting every mob you can find, how about you guys worry a bit less about who is worthy to be named a "good PvPer" and worry a bit more about the state that freepside is in?

You think berty will carry you when the going gets tough?

Or are you thinking that creeps will have mercy and leave you TR, a relic, or even one outpost?

Because boy....would that be a mistake.

You're right rollie, lets look to the future:

I see a red map, and a lot of freep QQ.

grimm out *drops mic*

I don't get why you are so arrogant Grimmjaw, I likeyou but you taking everything too far.

What I said was, It is a wonderful group, isn't it?

So So So once again, you are here, and what? Come on grimm, let's talk with some of sense, as you posted in a screen, I don't care if you are playing here since you was 5 years old, for last 25 years, you still have 50k total kills? this is NOTHING, so I doubt you played more hours in pvp than me, Im sure I played at least double of time in pvp.

Another point now, you are talking about TWA.... what TWA does now? Absoluetly nothing so get it over.

I am tired of your "nostalgia" You laught at our "dreamteam group" let me say something maybe you can find a better group but I don't think so either, not for me because hunter is easy to replace, just cappy, mini, rk or even champs, felixuko is by far the best champ here in Laurelin in my OPINION, even when I don't like him much, ( I do, but he is not my hero ) and I used to hate him because his lpaystyle, I blamed and I even insulted hm, but he is much better than the guys you talk about.

Ok, another point....Freeps are not going to like RoR? Let's see, Do you think wargs are in a bad shape now? You can faceroll every hunter simply because you have 2 skills, so please let's be serious, hunters are good because we are not supposed to match melee classes 1vs1 as this game is about raids, but wargs are also Ok, maybe you are blind and you don't see it.

What makes Grimlak to be a "legend" I doubt there are legends in a game, is that he was actually good you are only good inviting more wargs to make tihngs easier, nothing else, but you are nothing special in 1vs1 fights or playing cappy as freep, so sorry but you are not one of the players we have to look at Thor.
    OMHG I gonna show you someday the posts that talk about me on my weaver grim <3! so next time you post no sense about how sad my stats are, you re-think it

Now LISTEN.

Even if you are here for more than 5 years, I still have a weaver r12 with more than 60k kills and 9k kbs, and hunter close to 16.000 kbs and r12, so yea, maybe you are here for long time, but I have more experience pvping, as I fighted more people for sure.

I forget! It was so hard before! 2 hours to kill a freep! bla bla bla, we are living for today Grimmjaw, I am tired of your nosense posts, stop putting you or your kin as an example as you or your kin either have nothing to show us.

Thanks, and gimme +++Rep, I deserve.

I hope you get it, stop talking about HOW IT WAS 5 Years ago.

AND LEAVE BERTRO ALONE! Does he mention you? everyone QQ about bertro, he pays his game he plays as he wants, Im not the best bertro fan as I don't usually accept an invitation in etten, but you creeps blame bertro for everything.

*I was e peeen mood*

you deserve 100% my words, I can understand that you don't like it but come on, my first beer was also better than my last one, but I can't get it back
    Last edited by Gorgilh; Oct 05 2012 at 12:31 AM.

The old days *sigh*

Agree they were not perfect, *shivers the ganks by 24 warg at the back/middle/front of the raid*. Before warspeach before shield wall.

The real difference was the atmosphere, the type of people playing (more hardcore gamers). There were rivalies that spiced up the moors Precept v Silverblades Alliance was particularly good as there was a lot heated moments but a lot of respect too. As quite a few of them enjoy each others company in other games.

Renown earned from raids was 1 or 2 per kill and because classes like Minstrels had extremely low dps, raids had to be formed so the only healing class would venture out into the moors. So LOTS had to die for any renown to earned and by heck they did . Hence why I have 130,000 kills and I'm only Rank 12, at todays renown per kill in raids I would be about Rank 14.

The 'old' players moved on because they got bored, I did, but I remain in Lotro because I don't have the time in rl to play any other game to the standard that would keep me happy. I've had a number of breaks.

Page 129 of 278 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 229 ... LastLast