We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The recent months in Ettenmoors and all the fluff around it

So, when I hit 65 with Kadiya in October/November- 2010, I was told by my Kin that Ettenmoors was the home of griefers, people who wanted to annoy you so much that you wanted to leave the game and more. So with those words in mind, I decided to test it and I actually found the whining of those who had warned me quite hillarious as I found that the Moors were a new part of Lotro that I wanted to be good at.

Now 6-7 months later, I can say that I have tested out much of what the moors can give me. I have done solo PvMP, small group, large raids, Been down in the Delving, and not long ago, I started to play a creep for one reason only; Because I was so fed up with all the complaining that creeps dont do this, creeps shuld do this istead, creeps are so lame etc. So I wanted to test it out - to see for myself what it was like.

My first creep was a Blackarrow and I did not like it, so I made a defiler instead and god did I suck with it. I mean - I have only played a hunter and now I play a class with a totally different mindsetting, but I hope that people on creepside think that Ayidak has improved, at least nowdays I can keep my fellowship alive for quite a long time and revive them quickly enough when they die. So I am having a blast.

But what I do not understand, maybe it is just me not being used to it, But what I do not understand is that most of you says that ''Its only a game'' but some of you go out on a linb to insult and complain about the other side. ''Oafah is a looser'', ''Rustynails is just pathetic and I laugh at him'', ''Dungus is a chicken s**t'' and more.
    Why?!
    I mean its all a game, and we are all just persons sitting on the other side and I doubt that many will log in with the intent to grief others just to spite them. Would not the moors be more fun if we could lay all the spite and insults aside and play the game for fun, try to find days when Sauron's Spit, Oafah and Black Blade as well as others can meet in the moors and fight, and then we could sit back and laugh when the evening is done because we all had fun together.

As it is now, I think the current emotions runs so high and the insluts does more harm to the game than good and that it might kill the fun in the moors for people in the long run.

Yes, I know that I am not the most experienced person in the Ettenmoors, infact I am still considering myself just one step away from losing the newbie status here in the Moors. And I am fairly certain that many people out there talk #### behind my back, but the truth is, I do not give a damn. I try to have fun and if I die too much without getting any renown/infamy, I return to the rest of the game, without breaking my smile.

Just so you know it, I have these 6-7 months been tired with certain creeps and now that I joined their side at times, I feel the same against certain freeps, but I do not think that I would either name them, nor that I will complain about them here. But I guess that all-in-all, I actually do not care enough to take people's tactics and them spam-killing me that personal. And when I get really annoyed with someone, I either refuse to heal them or revive them when I am on my defiler or that I just ignore them when I am out on my hunter.

After all, what is the use of calling people or entire tribes/kinships/ettenmoors groups bad names, after all, they are just like me, just another player sitting doing what they like to do; namely playing a game.

So, to go back to when I came out in the moors, I heard of two tribes: Black Blade and Sauron's Spit and I felt taht it was so cool, you guys were laying siege to GV more or less, as seen from my eyes, and the freeps were standing just outside defending it, the entire map was red and whenever a creep was killed, they were either revived or back from reviving themselves from the TR circle and I felt as if there were a neverending stream of orcs, uruks, wargs and weavers coming at us and I loved every minute of it.
    I actually still like when I am outnumbered and the map is red, now when I think of it. I dont mind it a bit. And some of the time, I miss the fight outside GV, I know many of you do not like it, but once in a while it would be fun. And in a way, I like the fights outside Grams as well.

Then when the creeps had ran the show in the moors for a long time, and I had tested to run in raidgroups out in the moors with ED and Twobits, I met Oafah and rakia and they started to take me on small group action that was independent from Eds raids and I loved it. Then oafah and some others started to talk about taking back the moors to the Freep side and paint it blue and we formed a gang of friends who wanted to do the same, and the rest you know.
    This post is not to glorify what Oafah has done, its just to make you understand my viewpoint, but now we have fights all over and to my big disappointment, I must say (and I have said so in the freep raidchat as well) but I think it would be better in TA would be Freep-owned. That would remove the farming for chieftains brooches (yes I have done it and I want to do it more for getting the Moors set for my hunter) But when creeps log out to join it, then it does not serve its purpose. In teh beginning we started to farm while waiting for creeps to log in, but as soon as people understood that there was money to be made, then it just continued and some days it has killed all PvMP as the creeps log to join the farming.

Would it not be better if we could use these forums to brainstorm and plan big two-sides combats instead of namecalling and ''my bow is bigger than yours''-kinda ####. Why not try to ake Nimrodel PvMP really good instead? If we work together, I am sure we can actually do it. So please stop trying to aggravate the other side by talking #### about them or to their faces, and instead let us work together to make it a better game, Turbine wont do it for us, so we must do it instead

So without any more words, I would like to thank all the Freeps & creeps whom I have fought with and against for making the Moors experience for me so fun (and in some cases frustrating) these months. I wont name names because the list would be too long.

So thank you all and se you out in the fields in the Moors.

Lots of love, kadiya/Ayidak

Re: The recent months in Ettenmoors and all the fluff around it

Very nice thoughts Kad, but the general lack of respect in the moors started long before you, me or most of the people out there now ever thought of going out to the moors, and sadly, I don't see it ever changing. PvP is much more emotional than any other part of LOTRO and that can be a good thing or a bad thing.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Ive always viewed the trash talk as pretty harmless, just like anything else competitive. The moors would surely be better if people didnt take everything so personally, but thats just how many people are. Sometimes it even adds to the fun of it.

Turbine isnt going to make the moors better. The players have to do it. Bring your friends, show your kinnies creepside. Have some fun learning your new creeps or learn how to freep in the moors. Challenge yourself and dont care if you die all the time.

Aint no repair bills in magical funland.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiodioni View Post
    So, when I hit 65 with Kadiya in October/November- 2010, ...

So thank you all and se you out in the fields in the Moors.

Lots of love, kadiya/Ayidak

Nicely said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Very nice thoughts Kad, but the general lack of respect in the moors started long before you, me or most of the people out there now ever thought of going out to the moors, and sadly, I don't see it ever changing. PvP is much more emotional than any other part of LOTRO and that can be a good thing or a bad thing.
    I understand that, Spidey, but nothing will change by itself, it is we players who must help to change the atmosphere in the Moors. It is bad just to think that ''it wont ever change'' so if we try to do something about it, something good might happen.

What I want with this is to see if creepside and freepside can come together instead of flaming eachother with posts here on the forums. Maybe discuss what will make it fun for both side and plan things together.

Maybe something of the following:
    * have regular schedules when there are at least a few good PVP people on either sides who are wuilling to haveopen raids, because nothing is more frustrating than to come out as a newbie to the moors and see closed fellowhips/groups/raids who wont accept you as you area rank zero.

* Have scheduled times when we have all out wars with as many from each side that can come. Instead of having a freep raid/creep raid at 2 days a week and hope that the other side is out, instead have predetermined days when people will know that there is action out in the moors on a grand scale.

* Try to stop the flaming/complaining (without constructive criticism) on the ooc channels

I see that the Black Blade invites the freeps to come out on sunday, a very good initative and I like to see more of this, from both sides.

Thank you guys.

I understand that, Spidey, but nothing will change by itself, it is we players who must help to change the atmosphere in the Moors. It is bad just to think that ''it wont ever change'' so if we try to do something about it, something good might happen.
    Good things happened this past weekend, and we didn't have to change a thing. In fact, some of those good things might not have happened if all we did in here or glff was hold hands and sing kum-bah-yah.

What I want with this is to see if creepside and freepside can come together instead of flaming eachother with posts here on the forums. Maybe discuss what will make it fun for both side and plan things together.
    We can do both! And have. We've discussed and planned and still managed to flame each other. Apparently, we're quite talented at multitasking!

I see that the Black Blade invites the freeps to come out on sunday, a very good initative and I like to see more of this, from both sides.

Thank you guys.
    Hopefully this will continue, as time and schedules permit.

I understand what you're saying with your posts. But pvp is competitive. And while I do respect a few freeps, there are times I do very disrespectful things to the very folks I actually like It's part of the fun and part of the nature of pvp. Plus, not everyone has the same idea of fun in the moors. And those different playstyles will often clash - sometimes those clashes spill over to glff or these forums. I don't really see a problem with that. It's part of the game. Turbine polices the worst of it, and that's good enough for me. Besides, I'd miss the flames. I doubt I'm alone.
    Last edited by pirate07; May 30 2011 at 06:28 PM.
    [b]Corpse Jumping Elitist[/b]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000005d09d/signature.png]Wildfang[/charsig]
    [b][color=red]Wildthorn[/color] - R5 Defiler, [color=red]Wildrun[/color] - R7 Warg, [color=red]Wildshot[/color] - R7 BA, [color=red]Wildthug[/color] - R6 Reaver[/b]

Nice post Kadiya. So nice I'm gonna give you the low down. The problem with your idealistic view of the moors is no matter how care free and not-caring-about-dying you want to play, there will always be some jack@ss waiting to ruin things for you. So then you'll play careful and then pretty soon, you'll find yourself playing an opportunistic playstyle and then you'll check yourself and start playing "just for fun" again but of course someone's gonna jump you in the middle of a fun fight and you're going to say "why did he do that, I was playing just-for-fun" and you'll revert to playing careful.

And so-on.

Seen it happen to too many people on this server for this to be arguable. In fact, more then one person in this thread might want to admit they fall into this category, I know I do.

I suspect this is the natural progression of any pvp game, but I'm not experienced enough in online games to conclude this.

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    Nice post Kadiya. So nice I'm gonna give you the low down. The problem with your idealistic view of the moors is no matter how care free and not-caring-about-dying you want to play, there will always be some jack@ss waiting to ruin things for you. So then you'll play careful and then pretty soon, you'll find yourself playing an opportunistic playstyle and then you'll check yourself and start playing "just for fun" again but of course someone's gonna jump you in the middle of a fun fight and you're going to say "why did he do that, I was playing just-for-fun" and you'll revert to playing careful.

And so-on.

Seen it happen to too many people on this server for this to be arguable. In fact, more then one person in this thread might want to admit they fall into this category, I know I do.

I suspect this is the natural progression of any pvp game, but I'm not experienced enough in online games to conclude this.
    Raises hand, in the catagory. I have to agree with you Milt. The moors is a competition, plain and simple, and anyone that has ever played competitive sports can attest at how cut throat it can get.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Getting together. Planning. Friendly discussions. Perfectly even fights with no surprises... none of these things sound in any way appealing to me. Its called instanced pvp right? I suppose it could be a fun option once in a while.

* Have scheduled times when we have all out wars with as many from each side that can come. Instead of having a freep raid/creep raid at 2 days a week and hope that the other side is out, instead have predetermined days when people will know that there is action out in the moors on a grand scale.
    Unfortunately, if this were the case, all the noobs that some of us depend on for our champagne-laden, rock-star infested, glory-filled ettenmoors lifestyles would only come out during those lame, predetermined times... and I wouldnt like it.

* Try to stop the flaming/complaining (without constructive criticism) on the ooc channels
    but but but this is how so many creeps and freeps produce a quality kill order!

I dont mind a good challenge every now and then, as long as its born out of vitriol and hatred.

The problem with your idealistic view of the moors is no matter how care free and not-caring-about-dying you want to play, there will always be some jack@ss waiting to ruin things for you.
    If you REALLY dont care about dying endlessly for nothing... then nothing and nobody can ruin it for you. Unfortunately for me and all those who would enjoy killing those types of people... they dont exist.

Im fairly vain...so I sort of think this song is about me?

Look for opportunities to kill. Look for opportunities to avoid being killed. It makes things simpler.

Having said that, I still enjoy charging into certain death for a fat kid.

~Star

p.s. I do kind of find it a tad refreshing to see new people making a difference and all that. 3 cheers.
    Last edited by ellestone; Jun 01 2011 at 01:40 PM.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000c71ae/signature.png]Starkiller[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post
    Having said that, I still enjoy charging into certain death
    Who are you and what have you done to rena?!

for a fat kid.
    Fat Kid is a registered trademark of TBB INC. Our lawyers will be in touch!

JOKING!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jun 01 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Who are you and what have you done to rena?!
    Ive got lots of alts, and I play them all differently. I tend to care a little bit more about my freeps. Creeps are suppossed to die, and theyre suppossed to like it!

Ive also found I'm usually more useful and do more dmg to the other side when I'm not endlessly running back from the rez circle. Thank the lotro gods Ive got some maps on my reaver.
    Last edited by ellestone; Jun 01 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellestone View Post
    Thank the lotro gods Ive got some maps on my reaver.
    No need to thank the lotro gods, shop at Blood~Mart and get the items you need to acquire the rest of your maps today!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b010000109b1d/signature.png]Bloodbain[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4LcEvAlNnE]Terror of the Ettenmoors[/url] - President and CEO of Blood~Mart Inc.™ ~ Sexy Blue Beast
    Slayer of Light ~ Snitch-Killer ~ Captain's Foe ~ Champion's Foe ~ Guardian-Killer ~ Scout-Blinder ~ Lore Master's Foe ~ Bard-Slayer ~ Slayer of Runekeepers ~ Dwarf Foe ~ Elf-Bane ~ Hobbit-Bane ~ Man-Slayer

AW: The recent months in Ettenmoors and all the fluff around it

Nice effort.

But this aggression is felt on every server in every country.
    Every server must deal with this kind of bashing in the moors.

I'm one of those "even more hated" Germans who passes time on Nimrodel until our servers are back up, and some things that have come up in the OOC yesterday were far worse than every little argument between creeps and freeps.

You want to make things better between freeps and creeps?
    Than there is only one way:
    Both sides need the same enemy. Only then differences will be laid aside.

On Vanyar we've had pvmp with a high reknown.
    Many thought it would be worth their while, when they transfer their chars to Vanyar.
    Since then pvmp is just the same as on every other server.

So long from Germany.
    Have a nice day.

Oh, and don't mind my english... It's rusty...
    [CENTER][URL]http://www.AncalimA.eu[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=royalblue][B]Auf dem Teppich bleiben und immer schön durch die Hose atmen.[/B][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Re: AW: The recent months in Ettenmoors and all the fluff around it

Quote Originally Posted by Nangalad View Post
    No worries, we're used to rusty ruining everything.

ROFL! Nice!

And sooooo true, damn him.
    [b]Corpse Jumping Elitist[/b]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000005d09d/signature.png]Wildfang[/charsig]
    [b][color=red]Wildthorn[/color] - R5 Defiler, [color=red]Wildrun[/color] - R7 Warg, [color=red]Wildshot[/color] - R7 BA, [color=red]Wildthug[/color] - R6 Reaver[/b]

Nice effort.

I'm one of those "even more hated" Germans who passes time on Nimrodel until our servers are back up, and some things that have come up in the OOC yesterday were far worse than every little argument between creeps and freeps.

Many thought it would be worth their while, when they transfer their chars to Vanyar.

So long from Germany.
    Have a nice day.

Oh, I don't know about "hated", Nangalad~ you sure showered us with lots of renown-love this morning! That was awesome!! The regular creeps of Nimrodel would have logged out in frustration hours before you guys.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d9cdd/01008/signature.png]Valhallas[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kelethin View Post
    Oh, I don't know about "hated", Nangalad~ you sure showered us with lots of renown-love this morning! That was awesome!! The regular creeps of Nimrodel would have logged out in frustration hours before you guys.
    The regular Creeps of this server were on their Freeps!!!

I know it- who would have thought I'd be getting healz from Spideysense???!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d9cdd/01008/signature.png]Valhallas[/charsig]

I blame Rusty.

<3

Nice effort.

So long from Germany.
    Have a nice day.

Oh and by the way, you guys do it right. It wasn't the fact you guys were Rank 0's that I had fun with, it was the fact you pushed over and over and didn't log. It actually felt like a LOTR situation seeing like...20 Rank 0's running straight at us. I loved it.

No i was not shhh lol.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000f923f/signature.png]Yellzor[/charsig]

AW: The recent months in Ettenmoors and all the fluff around it

Now that our servers are back up I come to realize that I actually enjoyed myself on Nimrodel.

I think, me and my kin will stop by once in a while.
    So watch out for reavers ending with "schnitte".

Greetings from Vanyar
    Nangalad / Shingschnitte
    [CENTER][URL]http://www.AncalimA.eu[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=royalblue][B]Auf dem Teppich bleiben und immer schön durch die Hose atmen.[/B][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

Back on track, the biggest reason I come out to the moors instead of pve land is the emotion it genarates.
    Good emotions or bad emotions are better than blandness and falling asleep at my com. Which is no emotion. I get mad and want revenge, or enjoy our group banter and get creative. But with emotions comes trash talk and tempers and every thing associated with it. I will take this rudeness to experence the emotions that come from pvp and only pvp. I hope this explains my mindset to you kadiya-ayidak.
    P.S. Its nice to have you in the spit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000008bdd8/signature.png]Ogishlog[/charsig]

Now that our servers are back up I come to realize that I actually enjoyed myself on Nimrodel.

Greetings from Vanyar
    Nangalad / Shingschnitte
    awesome-ness.

please stay as long as u want
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Greetings from Vanyar
    Nangalad / Shingschnitte
    I for one would love for you guys to come over...you're already better than half the reavers on this server at R0. I called you guys the Schnitte clan xD When I ran into you guys solo in the trees by EC I flipped out and got destroyed in a couple seconds...lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast