We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

(Laurelin) Any kinships for RP elves?

I've tried joining a couple and as soon as they get started they fizzle and disappear.

Vanimar is now the most active kinship for elves if you want a kin which is focussed on elven RP. There are many others of mixed races as well which could offer a nice home for any elf, so I guess it comes down to what you want for your elven character.

There are always plenty of Vanimar members online should you want to speak with any of them.

Regards
    K
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

They rejected me, so I was hoping there was another that at least had members who were active.

Thanks Khalis

Talking

The silence is deafening. Anyone want to start one?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    The silence is deafening. Anyone want to start one?!
    Do you know Aewel? They have now started one a couple of months ago, Sylvan concept. They are using another character to run the kin, I think the name is Thennion from memory. Speak to me in game and I will confirm that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    Vanimar is now the most active kinship for elves if you want a kin which is focussed on elven RP. There are many others of mixed races as well which could offer a nice home for any elf, so I guess it comes down to what you want for your elven character.

There are always plenty of Vanimar members online should you want to speak with any of them.

Regards
    K
    Just started playing Lord of the Rings Online and is Vanimar the most active kinship for elves and RPing as such

Quote Originally Posted by NoxGothiks View Post
    Just started playing Lord of the Rings Online and is Vanimar the most active kinship for elves and RPing as such
    Just now it seems to be. There are also Loth i Lannath and Host of the Golden Wood. I'm in the latter. Vanimar has the most people.

If I would suggest just one Elf-kinship, then I would gladly recommend the Loth-i-Lonnath. To me, ever since I first saw them many years ago, they are the fairest Elf-kinship in LotRO to look at, (I say in LotRO, as I have been on other servers too), and combined with how well some of them speak In Character and in an eloquent fashion befitting of the Eldar, it is a very pleasant experience to see them and speak with them. And this comes from someone that has not been in that kinship, from an observer; and so I share no close benefit to gain from more people joining it. I am merely glad and appreciative that such a kinship as this one exists on the server, and so adds to the experience on Laurelin.

I still remember when the Hall of Fire was once filled with a fair crowd, and yet they stood out from the rest: clad in the colors of the sea that they love, blue and white. They 'shone' so to speak.

They also hold an immersive days-long recurring kin event that takes them from their home to Rivendell every once in a while. Great for role playing opportunities, or to simply be in character with your kinsfolk and feel the sense of the journey, and by doing so, they add also their own contribution and touch to the overall immersion on Laurelin; just think for example, while you are out in the fields questing, (or being IC), you see far off in the distance a company of fair Elves on white horses travelling away.

[Created by the highly skilled artist, the player of Aearandir]

Lonnath's recruitment is closed and they themselves have been inactive for a long time though. If they decide to return in the near future, then yes, I would recommend checking them out. I've been with them in the past, and they are very nice players!
    Last edited by miriadel; Feb 15 2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo
    My Lotro blog :)

Loth-i-Lonnath has been active for the last few months. LiL just did the trip from Rivendell to their home in Lindon. They typically RP around Falathlorn weekly when they are back in their home region.

There is a nice new kinship which has come to the community as well led by a well respected player. The kinship is called Taur Calad and is led by a character called Ellion, I have placed a link to their Laurelin Archives entry below.

Taur Calad

The kinship webpage is here

Quote Originally Posted by Lossenor View Post
    Loth-i-Lonnath has been active for the last few months. LiL just did the trip from Rivendell to their home in Lindon. They typically RP around Falathlorn weekly when they are back in their home region.
    I was told this past spring by one of them that they are not recruiting.

I joined Taur Calad and would recommend it.

Glad you have found a home for your elves and from what you said it is a very happy home.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamu View Post
    I joined Taur Calad and would recommend it.
    Aw. Farewell, Aamu. (This is Ethuilir from HotGW. :3 )

Anyway, may I suggest joining the Mallorn Path? It is not a kinship but a channel [/joinchannel mallornpath] comprised of roleplayers from various kinships and kinless roleplayers. We accept any roleplayer and would be glad if the channel becomes filled by roleplayers from different timezones and kinships as well. Contact Finnehas or Eadirin in-game, and feel free to check out the links in my signature for more info.
    Come join the Mallorn Path, an open-alliance channel for roleplayers of all races!
    Mallorn Path - /joinchannel mallornpath
    Brethilimbar na Lhun - http://brethilimbar.shivtr.red
    Host of the Golden Wood - http://hotgw.shivtr.com