We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to target your own pet?

How can one target their pet to heal it etc. without using the mouse to click its image on game screen? Can I assign a keyboard key to select it? (besides F8 which i think selects players, but it may pick another player if I am in a group)
    Thanks in advance

Re: How to target your own pet?

I believe it's F1 to target yourself, and press f1 twice to target your pet.
    [i]From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes, so too should you.[/i]

Use the function keys at the top of the regular keyboard. Clicking F1 selects yourself; clicking F1 again selects your pet. Then use the tab key to select and cycle through the attacking MoBs or use the backspace key to retarget the nearest enemy.

The function keys can be used to select members of a fellowship, assuming you have not changed the default layout of the screen (in the default layout, you should appear at the top of the fellowship list; the other fellows are listed beneath your name in the order they joined the fellowship):

F1 = You. 2 X F1 = Your pet.
    F2 = second person in the list. 2 X F2 = their pet.
    F3 = third person in the list. 2 X F3 = their pet.
    F4 = fourth person in the list. 2 X F4 = their pet.
    F5 = fifth person in the list. 2 X F5 = their pet.
    F6 = sixth person in the list. 2 X F6 = their pet.

In a raid, you generally cannot apply debuffs to people in the other groups (though you can share power), so you can't use the function keys for them.

This is true when you run LoTRO on a standard PC; I'm not sure about what happens when you use a laptop...You can always map the keys to whatever configuration is easy for you.

Of course, you can also enable Skills target forwarding (under combat options) and target through your pet. You'll probably also want to enable the View the vitals of your target's target option so that you know when to apply debuffs (corruption removals or signs of combat).
    Jewahe

A handy item to use is a dynamic tooltip - you can target anything with them and you can have 4 active at one time. You can move the windows around as needed.

Hover your mouse over the item you want to have selected and press H.

Works on most anything, mobs, raid members, npcs etc.

If you get out of range the tooltip may not pick up your target until you are back within range again. [e.g. you target the mini in the raid but you are left behind as they race towards the boss].

Also, if you target a mob and wipe you will have to re-acquire the target on your next attempt [e.g. Gorothol in SG. each attempt you will have to re-do the Tooltip]
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Might also note that if you keep pressing F1 again and again you will switch back and forth between yourself and your pet.

Also, if someone of your fellowship has a pet or herald, pressing the function key for that member twice will first select the member and on the second push will select their pet or herald. If you keep pressing that function key again and again you will switch back and forth between member and pet.

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    In a raid, you generally cannot apply debuffs to people in the other groups (though you can share power), so you can't use the function keys for them.
    the only single target things i want to cast on party members (beacon of hope, share power, sign of power;righteousness) all work on an entire raid so I personally find it quite annoying that I can't setup FX hotkeys for the other fellowship in a raid (I'd use Control F1-6). The only thing that doesn't work on the other fellowship is ancient cures and I almost always have that AOE anyway so don't have to use FX keys to select a target.
    Lore-mastery - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

I believe the FX keys (F1-F6) will also cycle through skirmish soldiers in a skirmish, though I haven't run enough group skirmishes where I have worried about cycling through them. Do they even show up in your grouping the way pets do?

Quote Originally Posted by swattz101 View Post
    I believe the FX keys (F1-F6) will also cycle through skirmish soldiers in a skirmish, though I haven't run enough group skirmishes where I have worried about cycling through them. Do they even show up in your grouping the way pets do?
    F1 x1 = you
    F1 x2 = your pet if you have one or your soldier if you don't
    F1 x 3 = your soldier if you have a pet
    [COLOR=red][/COLOR]Retired.

Is there a way...

Is there a way to disable the toggle portion of the F1-F6 fellow select? I want to be able to select the fellow, but never toggle to the pet, or soldier.

(I use /follow a lot, so I end up following the skirm soldier in stead of the player.)

Thanks.