We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The best way to grind rep with the Rangers of Esteldin?

I want to get rep with the rangers but apparently I'm too high for the task board at 41. :-/ What are the best ways to max my rep with the rangers of esteldin? I have a few barter items like a lash or something but I'm not allowed to turn them in for some odd reason.

Re: The best way to grind rep with the Rangers of Esteldin?

If you are a tailor, then you can craft some rep items. Or you can grind rep items in Dol Denien, Buy rep items in the Auction House or I believe you can kill orcs in Eastern Angmar for rep items.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000000406/01003/signature.png]Eridric[/charsig]

The best place to grind estedlin rep items is actually in East Angmar. There are orc camps just North East of Gabilshathur where they drop tons of Orc Campaign-medallion and War-master's Lash rep items
    Last edited by MrsAngelD; May 18 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crios78 View Post
    I want to get rep with the rangers but apparently I'm too high for the task board at 41. :-/ What are the best ways to max my rep with the rangers of esteldin? I have a few barter items like a lash or something but I'm not allowed to turn them in for some odd reason.
    IN order to turn in the lash and the middle grade item, you have to complete the quest for them. In order to get that quest you have to be a certainly level and have a certain amount of reputation first. I think it may be friend level, and possibly level 45 for the quest.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

You can still do quests for rep, even if the quests are gray to you. Also, any deeds that you plan on doing in the area should award 700 rep upon completion of the second tier. Does Fornost give any faction rep?

I still ended up grinding rep items after that, but I found it easier to do gray quests before grinding. At level 41, eastern Angmar (appx level 47-49 mobs) is still over leveled for you to efficiently kill solo, so you'll either have to group with some higher ups to kill or rely on crafting tailor items for rep or simply wait until you're higher level to grind the rep.

Additionally, there may be rep items for sale at the skirmish barterer, so you could consider that; still a long slog though. I didn't finish up my Esteldin rep until I was 65 and the only incentive then was the World Renowned title and horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAngelD View Post
    The best place to grind estedlin rep items is actually in East Angmar. There are orc camps just North East of Gabilshathur where they drop tons of Orc Campaign-medallion and War-master's Lash rep items
    I would agree - I like this place first or secondly the area right outside of Dol Dinem. In either place, if it moves kill it.... The plus side to the Dol Dinem area is that it also drops a ton of the mathom varieties if you need them as well.
    Last edited by Tatuaje; May 18 2011 at 03:44 PM.

I went from acquaintance to kindred just by buying the orc medallions from the skirmish vendor with SMs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAngelD View Post
    I would 2nd this. I'm pretty sure I knocked out kindred in around 2 hours (maybe even less). This is a pretty well known place though, so it can be hard if there are lots of people farming it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish

I agree with some of the other posters -- Eastern Angmar drops rep like candy for Rangers of Esteldin, and even if you aren't a tailor, get a tailor friend or kinmate to craft you up some rep items. Working this way, I think I hit kindred in just an hour or two -- by far one of the easiest reps to complete in the game for me. Cheers and good luck!
    [b]Farien[/b], [i]L72 Lore-Master[/i] (Rank 7) * [b]Perionnan[/b], [i]L44 Burglar[/i] * [b]Laerianna[/b], [i]L45 Minstrel[/i] * Assorted Fugly Creeps R1-4
    [i]"Not all those who wander are lost."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000033e44/01006/signature.png]Farien[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Angeliel View Post
    I agree with some of the other posters -- Eastern Angmar drops rep like candy for Rangers of Esteldin, and even if you aren't a tailor, get a tailor friend or kinmate to craft you up some rep items. Working this way, I think I hit kindred in just an hour or two -- by far one of the easiest reps to complete in the game for me. Cheers and good luck!
    The tailor crafted rep turn in items are bound to the creator, they cannot be traded.

Fornost gives you rep for Rangers of Esteldín, so if you have more, who wants to get rep with them go to Fornost is one of the best ideas I think.