We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2237

Thread: Good 1v1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by RtrnofdMax View Post
    Perhaps. I was trying to keep this impersonal, as both sides aren't really behaving.

I just had a couple of fights with you and this warg where things were going down to the wire, with both sides at around 4-5k health. I would just start thinking oh man who is going to get the crit, and boom, you guys go up to 13k health and its over. Cappy heals are for maintenance, not life saving. And I wasn't popping RC at the end of the fight because it's far more valuable to pop a damaging skill. Point is, my heals might change the course of the fight over the entire fight, while pots and uruk heals can save your life in an instant. If I see that the fights are not close at the end, trust me to lower the amount of self healing I do. A Creep choosing to pot when both sides are under 10k health is them choosing not to die, and that I just can't agree with.
    Sure, fair enough. Nice to see players who like a close fight ~

@TBOW - how's the new server?

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Cappy heals are for maintenance, not life saving. And I wasn't popping RC at the end of the fight because it's far more valuable to pop a damaging skill. Point is, my heals might change the course of the fight over the entire fight, while pots and uruk heals can save your life in an instant. If I see that the fights are not close at the end, trust me to lower the amount of self healing I do. A Creep choosing to pot when both sides are under 10k health is them choosing not to die, and that I just can't agree with.
    I do find this amusing. You do roll yellow while knowing that it is the tank build. If someone isn't clever enough to kill your pet (which I've been watching as captains conveniently place them away from the 1v1 now) you know that you aren't going to die. Of course, the whole 'heals are for maintenance' thing is just pretty laughable as well when you can easily heal double your health during a 1v1 and then complain about a 13k pot.

My suggestion is to invest into red line if you want more 'fair' 1v1s as you when find when creeps fight a well played captain, it doesn't matter much if they pot as you'll still probably win due to your already high bulk and decent increase of dps. Give it a shot and I'll look foward to dying while attempting to take down your 24k morale or so while you're popping self heals and hitting me with 10k devs.

Much love,

Barksworth
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a21301000002c0aa/signature.png]Skuro[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Skuro View Post
    I do find this amusing. You do roll yellow while knowing that it is the tank build. If someone isn't clever enough to kill your pet (which I've been watching as captains conveniently place them away from the 1v1 now) you know that you aren't going to die. Of course, the whole 'heals are for maintenance' thing is just pretty laughable as well when you can easily heal double your health during a 1v1 and then complain about a 13k pot.

My suggestion is to invest into red line if you want more 'fair' 1v1s as you when find when creeps fight a well played captain, it doesn't matter much if they pot as you'll still probably win due to your already high bulk and decent increase of dps. Give it a shot and I'll look foward to dying while attempting to take down your 24k morale or so while you're popping self heals and hitting me with 10k devs.

Much love,

Barksworth
    And it begins.

When you killed me at Grams I was yellow. That was not a 1v1. Good fight. When you killed me twice during 1v1s at GTA, I was red, and you potted both times. That was what I object to, not when you killed me on the landscape.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

And it begins.

When you killed me at Grams I was yellow. That was not a 1v1. Good fight. When you killed me twice during 1v1s at GTA, I was red, and you potted both times. That was what I object to, not when you killed me on the landscape.
    Putting points in to red line alone does not make you red. You were yellow line with points put in to red as you had shield brother, the brother skill of the yellow line. Like I said, try going red and you will probably seen an improvement in your damage. Yellow line hardly puts out enough damage to have decent 1v1s with and it's similar to fighting a shield warden/glory champ.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a21301000002c0aa/signature.png]Skuro[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Skuro View Post
    Putting points in to red line alone does not make you red. You were yellow line with points put in to red as you had shield brother, the brother skill of the yellow line. Like I said, try going red and you will probably seen an improvement in your damage. Yellow line hardly puts out enough damage to have decent 1v1s with and it's similar to fighting a shield warden/glory champ.
    ESO is awesome...that is all.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Tsaurel/Telae

Yes, yes it is. ESO blows away any other MMO I have ever played. The more I see, the more I am impressed. Makes gw2 and swotr look like ... f2p MMOs.

But seriously, ESO is so good I almost feel it a duty to inform those still stuck in Lotro.
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Yes, yes it is. ESO blows away any other MMO I have ever played. The more I see, the more I am impressed. Makes gw2 and swotr look like ... f2p MMOs.

But seriously, ESO is so good I almost feel it a duty to inform those still stuck in Lotro.

I took the time to log in just to tell you to go away.
    Tsaurel/Telae

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I took the time to log in just to tell you to go away.
    I remember when Cost would get upset when I would mention Swtor on the forums. Now he's doing it with ESO...What an idiot.

Also, HEY SYN!!
    [center][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdoual520eb.png[/IMG]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Renbash-1 ~ Hadrochnyce ~ Lotharius-1 ~ Sabaktes-1[/FONT]
    [color=#FC0303] ~ Riddermark and Brandywine ~[/color]
    [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uSwToWqYOs/]This probably applies to you.[/url] [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by zr1iblez View Post
    I remember when Cost would get upset when I would mention Swtor on the forums. Now he's doing it with ESO...What an idiot.

Also, HEY SYN!!
    Difference between you and I though is that I am still around. Come April release my posts will stop.

You, on the other hand, will continue trolling this forum until the power company shuts off the electricity to your closet of an apartment.

And to Syn, you can say what you want ... but the end of the day, I'm the one in-game and you're the who has already "gone away." I would own any of your toons in a 1v1 on RM today anyways (perhaps another reason the only Lotro pvp you do is forum pvp).
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

And to Syn, you can say what you want ... but the end of the day, I'm the one in-game and you're the who has already "gone away." I would own any of your toons in a 1v1 on RM today anyways (perhaps another reason the only Lotro pvp you do is forum pvp).

I can imagine you rubbing your hands together like a fly who just sated himself on cow #### after you typed this, frequently reading it over and over again as your chest swells with delight.

"Finally, FINALLY," you say. "I have bested her. I told her about the end of the day and threw in something about a 1v1 and then made a reference about how she doesn't play anymore!"

You jump up and down with the fire that rages around you. "She'll never guess my name. Never, NEVER!" Fists in the air!

Oh wait wrong story.

Hey Matt!
    Last edited by Leksi; Mar 16 2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Pictures!
    Tsaurel/Telae

I don't why, but your reply only made me chuckle (I was expecting something that would upset/offend). Good use of pics.

I would own any of your toons in a 1v1
    Please, PLEASE come to Meneldor.
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

I was gone for awhile before coming back in December, so I may have missed something, but I have really noticed a degradation in the following of the unspoken 1v1 rules. When did it become acceptable to use heal pots in a 1v1? When did it become acceptable to pop a token and scrolls before 1v1s? When did it become acceptable to pop long CDs like Uruk heals during a 1v1? When did a freep using a very low CD heal become justification for his opponent to use every heal at his disposal?

There is no one to enforce these rules, so lets just call them guidelines, or a social contract of sorts. When you 1v1, you're agreeing to an uninterrupted fight to the death. You are also agreeing to providing as fair of a test as is possible of the skills of the two opponents. In order to be fair, you're going to have take some penalties to level the playing field. To the best of my memory, this is what we used to follow when we were doing Friday night 1v1s on Candy Mountain:

1. Not pots of any sort. This includes morale, power, stun, root, fear, poison, bleed, disease, and definitely store pots.
    2. No use of long CDs. This used to be set at anything over a minute in CD.
      • Also consider limiting your 30s+ skill use if it will make the fight more fair. This is for you to police yourself.

3. No consumable buffs. This includes food, mitigation, armor, resistance, avoidance, morale and power buffs.
      • Freeps get lots of store buffs from the hobbit lottery, or from the anniversary event. These last a long time. Creeps get 30m buff pots. You may very well have one or all of these up when you find 1v1s. Since you can't shed your buffs, just be prepared for people to choose not to fight you because you have them. Don't re-up them during a 1v1 session if they expire.
      • I am also of the opinion that low to mid-rank creeps should be able to keep their buffs up. This increases parity, and helps a lot since creeps don't have all of the gear options to customize their character that freeps do. This would need to be agreed to by the community. High rank creeps probably don't need them and should consider letting them expire during 1v1s.

4. Select your opponent and jump to show interest in 1v1ing. Wait till they jump back to confirm agreement to fight.
      • Move apart a few paces before beginning. This allows ranged classes a bit of room to kite if those are their tactics. It also lets certain classes use skills that must be used outside of combat before the fight starts.
      • Allow wargs to stealth before the fight. This is a key part of a Shadow wargs tactics.

5. Be respectful in victory or defeat.
      • No corpse-jumping. We've all done it and it has no place in fundamentally respectful combat like 1v1s.
      • Consider bowing or cheering to show respect for a good fight.
      • Let yourself bleed out at the end of combat. This goes hand in hand with not using pots, but it may require not using your class heals as well.
      • Consider letting an NPC kill you. This rewards an opponent with points for a particularly good or close fight. I have seen some attack a bystander to get them to kill them. It works, but can leave the character confused as to why you're attacking them, and it splits the points. Up to you.

6. Consider not using certain builds
      • You don't have to limit your build because it would allow you to win, only if it would prevent you from losing. No one wants to fight someone who can't be killed. We should aim for fights that are won based on better tactical movement, skill choice and bit of luck. If you are traited in such a way that you end a fight at full health, you're not being a respectful opponent.

Let me know if I missed anything or if the community has different ideas of what is fair these days.
    Thank you for this, Cariance.
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by astalyn View Post
    Please, PLEASE come to Meneldor.
    Says the one who sprinted, hipsed, potted, and bled out behind a tree after losing a 3v1 to me.

Slow claps your fail (and thanks for the pic that immortalizes your noobness).

By the way, I would think you could better than taking off 3k of my morale. I am just embarrassed for you. Asp's r5 warg made your game look like a 3 year old got a hold of your computer.

May I suggest you get warg lessons from Vim? I mean, just look at your hot key setup. You could learn a lot from someone who knows how to play.
    Last edited by Costs; Mar 16 2014 at 06:30 PM.

May I suggest you get warg lessons from Vim? I mean, just look at your hot key setup. You could learn a lot from someone who knows how to play.

Her skill setup is actually pretty legit when you look at the fact that she purely mouse turns and full takes advantage of her qwerty set up for her skills... As someone who also has small hands (I do), her setup is hugely ideal. Also lends to why her attacks are fluid.
    Tsaurel/Telae

Says the one who sprinted, hipsed, potted, and bled out behind a tree after losing a 3v1 to me.

Slow claps your fail (and thanks for the pic that immortalizes your noobness).

By the way, I would think you could better than taking off 3k of my morale. I am just embarrassed for you. Asp's r5 warg made your game look like a 3 year old got a hold of your computer.

I have already responded to this in another thread, a reply to which you chose to ignore. Feel free to dig that up too.

To reiterate, I had <9 aud here. All the damage you did to me was from KO and the bleed.

I have met a lot of players that can beat me very effortlessly 1v1/landscape. That doesn't mean they are good or I am bad.
    meneldor[/center][/font]

I have already responded to this in another thread, a reply to which you chose to ignore. Feel free to dig that up too.

To reiterate, I had <9 aud here. All the damage you did to me was from KO and the bleed.

I have met a lot of players that can beat me very effortlessly 1v1/landscape. That doesn't mean they are good or I am bad.
    First off, take note that my toon has KO up against Asp in that pic and your hips is already long enough off of cd to have made impossible used KO. And do not argue that I used R&A because then I would have also had T&G up (which is obviously not the case).

Also, you're saying KO did that much damage to you? Even if that were true (and its not), you're arguing you somehow did 100k dmg to me in that fight (despite I am only missing 5k off my morale between the 3 of you who were on me)? Don't quit your day job babe, because your math skills will not get you hired anywhere else.

Even that all this aside, if I can "effortlessly" beat in you a 1v1 ... why would you want me to come to Meneldor where I would simply farm you on a daily basis? On all accounts that is failed logic (perhaps in connection to your fail math/excuses).

PS Thank you for the free renown. I was so excited to have your warg feed me. l2p or qq more.

Ah good to see things back on track here. Akara, <3

Cost, well, we seem to have made our peace, so I will take the tact route. I can only venture in SoM, she would have spanked your burg effortlessly. Now? Maybe not, but the game mechanics have changed so much, it is truly hard to judge a players skill set anymore, with an aresenal at their disposal. You know as well as I do freeps, every single freep class, has more survivability skills than all creeps combined, warg not included.

So to simply judge an under aud warg, who was literally away from her toon for twenty levels expansions, might not be so fair. Certainly given the extreme skill set burgs possess now. It simply is an unfair comparison. I recently saw a guard take out an entire croup. And know several burgs personally that would destroy three wargs at once, no KO.

You are both skilled players, but sadly, skill is all relative these days.
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post

Cost, well, we seem to have made our peace. I can only venture in SoM, she would have spanked your burg effortlessly. Now? Maybe not, but the game mechanics have changed so much, it is truly hard to judge a players skill set anymore, with an aresenal at their disposal. You know as well as I do freeps, every single freep class, has more survivability skills than all creeps combines, warg not included.
    Yes we have made peace. I am sorry not be on much longer, but truly hope you will be an AD member in ESO because any pvp raid would benefit from your experience. Much luck on any of your endeavors.

Yes we have made peace. I am sorry not be on much longer, but truly hope you will be an AD member in ESO because any pvp raid would benefit from your experience. Much luck on any of your endeavors.
    this ambivalence is highly illogical
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R9), AllOveryourFace(R109), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-Dark Impulse, WKSL (BW)
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R109), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R7), Valerial(R9)
    #NoBrakesOnTheRapeTrain

First off, take note that my toon has KO up against Asp in that pic and your hips is already long enough off of cd to have made impossible used KO. And do not argue that I used R&A because then I would have also had T&G up (which is obviously not the case).

Also, you're saying KO did that much damage to you? Even if that were true (and its not), you're arguing you somehow did 100k dmg to me in that fight (despite I am only missing 5k off my morale between the 3 of you who were on me)? Don't quit your day job babe, because your math skills will not get you hired anywhere else.

Even that all this aside, if I can "effortlessly" beat in you a 1v1 ... why would you want me to come to Meneldor where I would simply farm you on a daily basis? On all accounts that is failed logic (perhaps in connection to your fail math/excuses).

PS Thank you for the free renown. I was so excited to have your warg feed me. l2p or qq more.
    I already debunked all these claims in my reply.

And I did not die in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post

Cost, well, we seem to have made our peace, so I will take the tact route. I can only venture in SoM, she would have spanked your burg effortlessly. Now? Maybe not, but the game mechanics have changed so much, it is truly hard to judge a players skill set anymore, with an aresenal at their disposal. You know as well as I do freeps, every single freep class, has more survivability skills than all creeps combined, warg not included.

So to simply judge an under aud warg, who was literally away from her toon for twenty levels expansions, might not be so fair. Certainly given the extreme skill set burgs possess now. It simply is an unfair comparison. I recently saw a guard take out an entire croup. And know several burgs personally that would destroy three wargs at once, no KO.

You are both skilled players, but sadly, skill is all relative these days.
    Thanks for putting into words what I could not. <3
    meneldor[/center][/font]

burgs can easily 3v1 low ranked/low audacity wargs any day....especially if they are also using store pots...like its not even hard, honestly if i was still on the server and ran into a warg that has only 9 audacity i guarantee you that i would kill it before it has time to hit his stun pot. You really shouldnt be boasting about a warg like that running from you, its not you that is op its the class

also, ESO doesnt even look spectacular, dont know what all the hype is about here
    ---------------Landroval-----------------
    Alsander-r13 burg

Quote Originally Posted by mattg18 View Post
    burgs can easily 3v1 low ranked/low audacity wargs any day....especially if they are also using store pots...like its not even hard, honestly if i was still on the server and ran into a warg that has only 9 audacity i guarantee you that i would kill it before it has time to hit his stun pot. You really shouldnt be boasting about a warg like that running from you, its not you that is op its the class

also, ESO doesnt even look spectacular, dont know what all the hype is about here
    I don't have to worry about finishing off wargs who are about to bleed out anyways (especially when I have another 2 creeps to deal with).

You obviously did not take part in any betas for ESO and have not seen what the pvp is like. But it's alright, stay here and be a big fish in the small pond. To each their own.

Claptrap.
    I've heard that a bruised kidney can be quite painful. Are you going to receive compensation from Bethesda?

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast