We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 1v1 thread

Re: Good 1v1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by ACOstud77 View Post
    Bless your heart Eliadon! haha

Sprinting around me with auto remorseless crit is very impressive (sarcasm ./on)

Well done dude lets see it again!
    (sarcasm/on)I guess it's time for champs to update the list of skills we can't use in 1v1s to include sprint and remorseless crit. Heck, why don't we all just show up and just auto attack wearing no armor or weapons (sarcasm/off)
    Last edited by Borafin; Nov 20 2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Skindred View Post
    haha yea I can agree with that one, but either way when you beat most ppl with 7-12k left i hardly doubt my buffs had anything to do with that much
    Yet you still felt the need to use your DR against Silvers? I hope he pops his "never surrender" the next time you do.

/Aza

haha yea I can agree with that one, but either way when you beat most ppl with 7-12k left i hardly doubt my buffs had anything to do with that much
    I suppose freeps on RM aren't used to 1v1ing high ranked creeps who use combat DP buffs and rank 6 evade pots.
    saw someone commented after U10 spiders were OP as Fk
    man I laughed so hard I wet myself and tears streamed down my face
    I pondered, obviously they don't play a spider main.

You didn't just have the morale buff. You usually have the DP damage buff and armour buff too. Don't give me any BS about how small or insignificant it might be, LOTRO is a game of numbers, and people fight over items that might give you that 1% extra morale, or 3% extra damage, etc.

Perhaps if you didn't have that DP morale buff that gave you over 200 hp (veteran's something?) I would've won one of our spars or had a double KB. You were at literally 118 or so morale.

I'm at the point where most of our fights end up in your favour that I won't fight you unless you want me to start using CD's if you have your buffs up. The same goes for a certain, new R10 BA who pops MT in 1v1's every....single.....time. Then won't fight again until it's back off CD.
    Last edited by RGilthanas; Nov 20 2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Borafin View Post
    (sarcasm/on)I guess it's time for champs to update the list of skills we can't use in 1v1s to include sprint and remorseless crit. Heck, why don't we all just show up and just auto attack wearing no armor or weapons (sarcasm/off)
    Go ahead and do that, you will just look bad Also I think its a little different if you sprint around til your out of combat then mount and ride off... lol
    Danbilzerian>Zazel>Downsideup> Berzekiel
    Call me Dan.

I use sprint for one reason:

To avoid slows like spider poop and warg bites

If you're using it to kite, then you're doing it wrong.

Seeking Blades I ALWAYS keep as a finisher. Unlike some champions, I do not start fights with it. If someone really thinks it shouldn't be used 1v1, i say neither should Revenge or Devastating Blow.

lol if you think my DP buffs are that big of a difference let me know anytime for a 1v1 I will use nothing and watch the outcome be the same as before. Rubi we have had close fights and fights where you win and ive had fights where I beat you with 7k left, 7k is not 200morale dp perk or a 5% dmg perk. If I cried about everytime the freeps had a cappy buff or outnumber buff on them we would never fight.
    and @aza why cry about DR when both people get credit assuming the orc doesnt run away?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062040100000a8db7/signature.png]Abyssea[/charsig]

I've been having great 1v1's, keep up the awesomeness freeps!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000b5a94/signature.png]Haldabash[/charsig]
    [color=red]Kissyfur(Nuluk) - Rank 10 Warg[/color], [color=yellow]Webdemon - Rank 9 Weaver[/color], [color=skyblue]NaughtyNurse - Rank 6 Defiler[/color]

AW: Re: Good 1v1 thread

Silvers your acting as if my morale buff that gives 250morale is going to make the difference when i beat you with 3-6k on average lol, dying rage is a win for both people since I never run away with it.

anyways great 1v1s thanks again guys
    I beat you twice unbuffed last time considering you potted at the beginning and end of our fights, so they do make a difference fella.

And its kinda funny that a guy like you would complain so plainly about using CDs yet have no problem popping DR in the same match you used wrath.
    Massterchief
    Arbitter
    Starfoxx

If DP buffs don't matter why would you get them to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Uron View Post
    I use sprint for one reason:

To avoid slows like spider poop and warg bites

If you're using it to kite, then you're doing it wrong.

Seeking Blades I ALWAYS keep as a finisher. Unlike some champions, I do not start fights with it. If someone really thinks it shouldn't be used 1v1, i say neither should Revenge or Devastating Blow.
    Seeking blades is certainly fair game, however it shouldn't be compared to DS in any way, shape, or form. My DS has been hitting on average for 600-900, and in the rare occasions for 1000-13000. Last I remember I was getting hit with remorseless with seeking blades for 3000-5000...

Any who, there are just some skills that shouldn't be used in spars, but seeking blades/sprint is not one of them - hopefully this doesnt trigger a whole hate thread/discussion what should and shouldnt be used in 1v1s.

PS: nice 1v1's with everyone. you win some you lose some.
    HIGHCHIEFTAINNAZGRUL
    CHIEFWARRIORPEGASIS
    COMMANDERMARIUSS

and DS uses about 25% of a reaver's power pool. Reavers need power pots more than morale pots lol
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Everyone needs to cool-down
    If anything Cd's make a bigger difference than any dp perk
    and if theres one thing i know about skindred (other than you hit like a truck) its that he fights fair
    If you think your losing because of DP perks (they don't give all that much of a boost) the use your own
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100001279fe/signature.png]Shann[/charsig]
    Riddermark~ Rank 10 Burg Rank 7 BA Rank 6 Warg
    Vilya~ Rank 7 Hunter Rank 6 Reaver

If I ever use DP perks in 1v1s, def let me know if you don't like it so I wont use them!

As for CDs in 1v1s and Glory Champs in 1v1s, I think it's kinda stupid imo

But I adapt and conquer!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1320c01000012e8c6/signature.png]Tornsoul[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Rubi we have had close fights and fights where you win and ive had fights where I beat you with 7k left, 7k is not 200morale dp perk or a 5% dmg perk.
    If that's the case and DP buffs aren't a big difference, then why have it on?
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    Seeking blades is certainly fair game, however it shouldn't be compared to DS in any way, shape, or form. My DS has been hitting on average for 600-900, and in the rare occasions for 1000-13000. Last I remember I was getting hit with remorseless with seeking blades for 3000-5000...

Any who, there are just some skills that shouldn't be used in spars, but seeking blades/sprint is not one of them - hopefully this doesnt trigger a whole hate thread/discussion what should and shouldnt be used in 1v1s.

PS: nice 1v1's with everyone. you win some you lose some.

You're on Riddermark now?!

Quote Originally Posted by zclabaugh View Post

But I adapt and conquer!
    Well said, and fully agree.

----------

In either case, I love the fights that the new transfers are bringing, regardless of DP buffs, CD's, and whatever. Just like Tornsoul said, Adapt and Conquer.

P.S. I love you Skin, Renamed, Downsideup, Torn and others, best fights I've had.
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by zclabaugh View Post
    If I ever use DP perks in 1v1s, def let me know if you don't like it so I wont use them!

But I adapt and conquer!
    The norm for this server has been no pots and no DP besides OOC regens. It's also kind of an unspoken rule to not use more than 5 min CDs. Whats more, only fighting when your 5 min CDs are up is frowned upon, but isn't breaking any rules, per se.

If fights are continuously close, then I have no problem with that. Like that BA who uses MT, sure I don't like seeing all those evades, but he beat me once and I beat him once. That's pretty fair. However, if you keep losing to a guy by some small margin and he has buffs or use CDs, it kinda forces you to use them as well. Then that turns into an arms race, and we all know that Freeps are going to win the buff, pot, CD arms race. That's why it's better to just not use them.

I don't want to be stocking up on DP buffs for one fight, just to be stuck using those same buffs for the next 30 mins+. That makes it unfair to later fights even if it equalizes the original fight.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Good 1v1s sicoman,shin, and lemblod? I can never remember names lol, anyways its always a blast fighting you guys, I never know whats going to happen haha
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062040100000a8db7/signature.png]Abyssea[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RGilthanas View Post
    If that's the case and DP buffs aren't a big difference, then why have it on?
    Whoa whoa whoa, Rubi lost to a Reaver? I didn't think it was possible! I haven't beat you in a year! ****, i guess i suck even more than i thought. Or did Skin's rank 10&11 skills and traits make a big difference?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000003eb/signature.png]Meanmrmustard[/charsig]
    GW2 - epg.3471

Sorry about running out on that 1v1 that Angmarod interrupted Ahrean. I found out why he did, so hopefully it won't happen next time.

Also RagingBlades, sorry about that hunter interrupting us while we 1v1'd near GV (also sorry for accidentally getting too close to a bear. I wasn't paying attention and was trying to get some space to throw a heal). When I noticed those two events I stopped attacking...and then started laughing as you killed me used Glory in Victory, and then took out the hunter =D Lated, I laughed my butt off when you took out that same hunter with a ganking burg on you, and then proceeded to butcher the burg.

You provided me with some quality entertainment today
    Last edited by Theodoriph; Nov 21 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006cbd4/signature.png]Nomere[/charsig]

Had a few good fights last night as I roamed the map:

Haldabash - You were my best customer. From a distance, I can't distinguish you from Fry so that's why I kinda circled you a few times to see if I could find the healers. I particularly enjoyed our double-KB. It was pretty epic. Morale dwindling, trying to close the gap, frantically spamming Shadow's Lament. For once it was nice that the skill has a long animation cuz it allowed me to die and then land the hit that got you.

Zazel - You're gonna get me almost every time but I will count a double-KB as a win. I am experimenting with using my morale return armor from level 65 again. I am not sure if it will make up for the loss of DPS, but if you fight me and it goes differently than it has to this point, that's probably why.

Fight of the Night bonus goes to: Reour

I used to hate fighting Defilers and Warleaders because of how long the fights took. Now I enjoy the chess match. How do I make you use up all your power healing yourself without losing all of mine? Once we're both out of power how long can I wait to regen power before you get off a big heal? It's just a different flavor of fighting from the DPS races against most other Creeps. Thanks for letting me setup my herald before the fight. I figure it was fair since you got your banner to start the fight, but it was nice of you all the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

To anyone else who wants to 1v1, just roam the map. I know Nomere was out there solo roaming about. It doesn't even have to be a jump jump coordinated 1v1. I will take organic fights as long as the numbers are fair. Take a cue from your honorable Cappies and roam the map!

Quote Originally Posted by RtrnofdMax View Post
    To anyone else who wants to 1v1, just roam the map. I know Nomere was out there solo roaming about. It doesn't even have to be a jump jump coordinated 1v1. I will take organic fights as long as the numbers are fair. Take a cue from your honorable Cappies and roam the map!
    Thanks, honourable cappie, for camping my body with Rubi while your raid hid around the corner waiting to zerg me again when I accepted the rez after everyone was seemingly long gone. Next time, I won't stop our 1v1, wishing I could heal you when some random player interrupts. Punk.

Teasing aside, thanks for jumping me at the rez. It was nice to see you out again and fun to play with you. I was bummed we were interrupted. I meant what I said, Chef and I both stood there shedding tears, wishing we could toss you some heals when the other guy jumped you. Perhaps someday we will meet again and have another go at it. I am not a fan of 1v1ing with my defiler, but there's always some exceptions to the rule and you're definitely one of them.

Hope you get your computer issues sorted soon.

<3 Bonnie
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ytMERi8.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Heh, that fight was interesting. I had actually been considering camping the rez when a bunch of creeps left the rez. I was easily spotted due to some very unstealthy keyboard fumbling* and I took off around the backside of Lugz to get away. Once there, I saw Rubi fighting more than one person so I jumped in. I run without names on to try to eke out every scrap of FPS so I didn't even know it was you. Alas, my rez pursuers caught up to us and I called out over vent that Rubi probably needed help. The rest was history.

I did enjoy jumping you. I actually didn't plan on finishing the fight (if I was able) but then homeboy jumped in. I don't blame him though cuz he may have felt he got ganked by me earlier. I caught him by HH and jumped at him. He jumped back but probably just to mimic our happy fun time jumping session, not because he understood it was the start of a 1v1. I also could have blown man heal or last stand, but I didn't think about it. I am just so conditioned to not use those except in raids. Anyways, no biggie.

* Don't you hate when you take your hand off the keyboard and you put it back in the wrong place? Instead of backing up, I totally strafed into plain view, it was embarrassing.

I did enjoy jumping you.
    Sounds dirty. I like it.

I actually didn't plan on finishing the fight (if I was able) but then homeboy jumped in.
    FINISH HIM!

Seriously. Kill me. I'm used to it. It was a good, close 1v1 and no matter who would have won, had we been able to go to the end, the win would have been deserved by either of us.

I also could have blown man heal or last stand, but I didn't think about it. I am just so conditioned to not use those except in raids. Anyways, no biggie.
    You should have used it, but I hear you. In moments of ganking, I think it's perfectly acceptable and maybe you would have lived and we could have gone back at it.

* Don't you hate when you take your hand off the keyboard and you put it back in the wrong place?
    I'm so not touching this comment.

<3 Bonnie
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ytMERi8.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Good 1v1s sicoman,shin, and lemblod? I can never remember names lol, anyways its always a blast fighting you guys, I never know whats going to happen haha
    LOL.. more vitamins in your diet may help with the memory loss. BTW.. My name is Hestonbear.. aka Hboss.. aka Ladiesman.. aka your friend. Hope you remember!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001615c2/01003/signature.png]Hestonbear[/charsig]
    Submission? Well that's a bit of a problem. See, rumor has it the Athenians have already turned you down, and if those philosophers and, uh, boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve, then, of course, Spartans have their reputation to consider.

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast