We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 35 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 1v1 thread

Re: Good 1v1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uron View Post
    disarm can be wound potted if i recall correctly
    You recall correctly - but is is frowned upon at all? I'd like to know, since I'm starting to do it more and more haha
    - Ostara, The Steady

Quote Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
    You recall correctly - but is is frowned upon at all? I'd like to know, since I'm starting to do it more and more haha
    I wouldn't expect anyone NOT to pot a disarm. Champs are learning and hitting hedge immediately so Reavers have adapted to it. If you are a one trick pony with disarm/thrash then you have problems. The trick is: CAN you pot faster than I can Thrash ;D

BTW, why do champs have a 8m melee range (iirc) for specific melee skills and wardens with spears have a 5m melee range...that's borked.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

The only champ skill with that range is raging blades (7.something range iirc). Everything else is 2m. Hamstring can be extended with a legacy though.

Blade storm may have a four something range as well.

When we consider that ALL reaver skills have 3m range minimum is say champs lose out. I get a lot of 'you are too far away messages...'

The only champ skill with that range is raging blades (7.something range iirc). Everything else is 2m. Hamstring can be extended with a legacy though.

When we consider that ALL reaver skills have 3m range minimum is say champs lose out. I get a lot of 'you are too far away messages...'
    uron, get back on our creep thanks for the clarification
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

disarm can be wound potted if i recall correctly
    Yes wound pots can remove disarm but reavers can put 3-4 different wounds on me so its LUCKY if i hit a wound pot and it actually takes off the disarm and not one of the dots or the dust in the eyes (if thats what it is called). even with The Blade Will Not Wound, disarm can still completely disable me from doing skills for however long. and with RKs, the smallest amount of time or a stun not working can mean death for me.
    Second Marshal Carli The Warlord
    I'm Not Gold Taggin, I'm Carli Swaggin

Quote Originally Posted by viper0889 View Post
    Yes wound pots can remove disarm but reavers can put 3-4 different wounds on me so its LUCKY if i hit a wound pot and it actually takes off the disarm and not one of the dots or the dust in the eyes (if thats what it is called). even with The Blade Will Not Wound, disarm can still completely disable me from doing skills for however long. and with RKs, the smallest amount of time or a stun not working can mean death for me.
    Pots don't just cure any random debuff. They remove the first one. So, don't use your wound pot if disarm isn't your most prominent debuff.

Disarm only lasts five seconds, so unless the reaver wastes the 5 seconds of you being disarmed applying more wound debuffs, you're going to pot the disarm nine times out of ten.

A smart reaver would apply his/her dust before disarm; so that if the player decides to pot the dust, the wound pot will be on cooldown for when the disarm comes (or vice-versa).

And the reaver can forget it if he/she disarms his/her target but forgets the usefulness of hamstring (and even with hamstring which is only a -25% slow, most freep slows are -30% so the freep would still be running 5% faster than the creep).
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    I wouldn't expect anyone NOT to pot a disarm. Champs are learning and hitting hedge immediately so Reavers have adapted to it. If you are a one trick pony with disarm/thrash then you have problems. The trick is: CAN you pot faster than I can Thrash ;D

BTW, why do champs have a 8m melee range (iirc) for specific melee skills and wardens with spears have a 5m melee range...that's borked.
    I haven't adapted to it! I can still get disarm off faster than them unless it misses! Being that I have a 3m range I spam it so I get it off first before you can hedge!

Champ melee range is 2.5m range since the last time I seen, and all AoEs by default are 5m range. Raging Blades is def higher though.

Want to say Blade Wall is 5m also

and Reaver range is 3m on all ST skills except: Mutilation, Jagged Gut, and Serration (believe that is the name of the AoE, or maybe that is our Armor Debuff haha rank 11 and can't remember lol I know right!)

lol champs lose out!! haha not much skill is required with the I Win button Auto Crit and bubbles!

Not QQing just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by viper0889 View Post
    yup and that is where you can tell a good reaver from a bad reaver, with debuff stacking!

and the wound removal is on only 1 wound, so use dust to remove it and once the buff is off you its game on!

and disarming when using perfect imagery is awesome cause no EC for you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by astalyn View Post
    Pots don't just cure any random debuff. They remove the first one. So, don't use your wound pot if disarm isn't your most prominent debuff.

Disarm only lasts five seconds, so unless the reaver wastes the 5 seconds of you being disarmed applying more wound debuffs, you're going to pot the disarm nine times out of ten.

A smart reaver would apply his/her dust before disarm; so that if the player decides to pot the dust, the wound pot will be on cooldown for when the disarm comes (or vice-versa).

And the reaver can forget it if he/she disarms his/her target but forgets the usefulness of hamstring (and even with hamstring which is only a -25% slow, most freep slows are -30% so the freep would still be running 5% faster than the creep).
    Well any good reaver, haha jk, would use the improved hamstring which is -35% and blade toss is 40%
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][B][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1320c01000012e8c6/signature.png]Tornsoul[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by zclabaugh View Post
    Well any good reaver, haha jk, would use the improved hamstring which is -35% and blade toss is 40%
    Sorry, was going off of the skills my reaver has! He's only rank 4
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by zclabaugh View Post

and disarming when using perfect imagery is awesome cause no EC for you!!!!!
    Keep in mind Lightning isnt the shiz for RKs anymore or at least imo. Perfect imagery isnt in the cards

Carli. Don't be so predictable. I used to time your PI just right with a store pot 5s stun immunity and you would waste that cd on me. I would see what skills you were using and pop my pot when I saw that you were attuned enough to hit PI. Also you should kite more. You should also keep that slow on a creep at all times. I haven't played my rk for quite some time, but I think if you slot the chilling rhetoric trait it will add a huge slow to your target. Also you should spec more for dps than healing in moors if you are not in a raid. You need to look at your target's buffs at all times. If you see they have a stun/root immunity buff up don't waste your cd's on them. Ha! This is my first constructive post to a member of your kin. I feel that someone with your rank and stars should know these things. I am genuinely not trying to troll you. Take my advice at face value. I hope it will help you kill that one creep that you normally couldn't. Carry on, maggots!
    Last edited by jerejo1976; Nov 27 2011 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerejo1976 View Post
    I feel that someone with your rank and stars should know these things
    You'd think...
    meneldor[/center][/font]

First off, yes i know i should trait the slow but for some reason i never have. Call me a newb if you wish i probly deserve it but i think ive been doing pretty good without it. Maybe that will step up my game so thanks for the advice. Secondly i hardly use Vivid Imagery, But i do use shocking touch frequently (since i fire trait no use for VI unless ST is on cd and i really need a stun). Yes, I know i have used stuns when my foe has had immunity before, but it's not like I am that much of a newb that i really tried to stun then. Hopefully just bad timing or brain fart. And i am not heal traited or spec at all. I never do in the moors.

And thank you for the input. I appreciate advice and constructive criticism (I'll try to change things up a bit). I am just looking for respect as a player, and I hope I have gained some peoples respect regardless of what kin I am in.

I know my words don't carry much weight here. I don't even play lotro anymore. But if I have the chance to pass on some of my knowledge to anyone who would use it, I would be content. I would like to reveal my secrets of how I would excell at PvP even though I was a keyboard turner/skill clicker. In order to get where I am really coming from you have to be proficient in a musical instrument.

Every freep should be treated as a song. At first that song may sound foreign to you, but they all end up betraying their rythms and timing eventually. I would treat my first encounter with a freep I have never fought before as I would a song I have never heard before. I would just fight them to hear their song and to feel them out. Most of the time I could hear their song in my head and immediately predict their movements successfully. I can't explain it any better than I am trying to right now. I just had a knack of knowing what my enemies would do 5 moves before they did. There are only 2 freeps on RM I can not beat. I have heard their songs and they have heard mine. They happen to be masters of their classes and no amount of technical prowess can help me. They know who they are. I like to think of them as a musical piece from one instrument that can never be accurately translated by another instrument.

Believe it or not, every freep/creep plays by the same frequency of their kin/tribe. There is a pattern/vibe that every kin/tribe radiates. It is only natural for those kins/tribes to attract those that think alike. Tap into these patterns and reap the rewards. I know most people would call me crazy for comparing a mmo to music. The patterns and nuances are there for all to see, though. All you have to do is tune in to these frequencies and open your minds. The best advice I can give as a final reminder is to always be chaotic. Purposefully switch up your tactics and movements against a repeated foe. Always try to break away from the norm and keep your enemy guessing. I hope one person may get a kill that they normally wouldn't have from reading my post. I believe that knowledge is power. I rely on nothing but hand-eye coordination. I have never used an add-on, plug-in or macro. I use only what Turbine provided me. Carry on, maggots!
    Last edited by jerejo1976; Nov 28 2011 at 12:46 AM.

awesome fights Rubi...u destroyed me, like always over and over....1 of these days those...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000cdb91/signature.png]Ragingblades[/charsig]

Yeah good fight Rubi, you are the final boss =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000b5a94/signature.png]Haldabash[/charsig]
    [color=red]Kissyfur(Nuluk) - Rank 10 Warg[/color], [color=yellow]Webdemon - Rank 9 Weaver[/color], [color=skyblue]NaughtyNurse - Rank 6 Defiler[/color]

TASTEYYYYYY your death by my bleed tasted good indeed
    my next goal is to kill you without dying first!!
    [URL=http://s27.photobucket.com/user/skuppers/media/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg.html][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/skuppers/sig_zps880d8eea.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by RogueX View Post
    awesome fights Rubi...u destroyed me, like always over and over....1 of these days those...
    Quote Originally Posted by HaldamirTinuviel View Post
    Yeah good fight Rubi, you are the final boss =)
    Good fights to you two as well. Both were such close fights, those are my absolute fave. Nice kill btw Raging :P
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Thanks for the 1v1's last night Eliadon, Mediumrare, Screamo, Thurman and Rubi (Sorry for any names I missed). All were tough, fun fights.

Also, a big thank you to all the freeps who watched/allowed the fights to happen w/o attacking.

Reour

Had some nice 1v1s very late last night with Vudu and others. I'm sorry that I cannot remember names because it was like past 3am EST and I was a zombie.

So far today I had some very fun 1v1s.

Lemblod and Creepingdeaths, you both are extremely honorable people; it is people like you that put a smile on my face and allow me to enjoy the game a lot. Thank you both for the good fights while everyone else was doing the ec-stab-ta lawn shuffle.

Carli - Nice 1v1s, those fire DoTs are brutal. I look forward to more 1v1s!

As an aside I hope people aren't intimidated or upset when I sit at alone at GV. As Bela, Proton, and others can attest, I respect those coming out of GV in that if they do wish to fight, I'm game, if not, I will just bow and not attack. It is regretful that I have to do this, but it is a last resort if I cannot find 1v1s anywhere - I prefer not to fight amongst the ungrouped for the most part.
    Last edited by HaldamirTinuviel; Nov 28 2011 at 03:22 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000b5a94/signature.png]Haldabash[/charsig]
    [color=red]Kissyfur(Nuluk) - Rank 10 Warg[/color], [color=yellow]Webdemon - Rank 9 Weaver[/color], [color=skyblue]NaughtyNurse - Rank 6 Defiler[/color]

Had a couple fun fights with Haldabash last night. Good job with that double KB!
    Mellichae - R12 Champion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000044ff6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by eskla View Post
    Had a couple fun fights with Haldabash last night. Good job with that double KB!
    Thanks

Oh my gosh though, can't believe I forgot till you reminded me.

Definitely fun fights! Mellichae, you are also one of the honorable freeps on the server, always look forward to our fights!

Thanks for the 1v1s at TR hotspot this evening!

@Silvers - Great fights against my warg, reaver, and unranked WL. You're a top-notch warden.

@Shawty - Thanks for leaving stab to 1v1 me near TR hotspot to begin with!

@Lemblod - Always a good fight with you. It's especially fun fighting you on my reaver and I have learned to save my disarm for when I see that remorseless strike crit buff . Nice spar against my defiler too.

@Vudu - I'm impressed; you have definitely improved since the previous times I've fought you (pre-RoI? it's been awhile!).

Also thanks to Angmarod for his abundance of rezzes
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by HaldamirTinuviel View Post

Carli - Nice 1v1s, those fire DoTs are brutal. I look forward to more 1v1s!
    Thanks Haldabash You are a tough kill. Always enjoy the fights.

Sorry Tastey Didn't mean for you to get smashed there near Grams by the other freeps.

Hey All,

Nice fights near trhs.
    Thanks to Lemblod, its always fun to fight you! truely you are my fav champ in rm
    Unfortunately, my conn lagged during the last fight... looking forward for more ))

P.S. Shawty is crazy little fearless dworf lol

Thanks,
    Dev
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000cebce/signature.png]Devar[/charsig]

Page 35 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast