We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Leveling up LI's

Whats the fastest way to level up LI's?

I don't care about it being ''grindy'' and ''boring'' just need a fast way plz

Re: Leveling up LI's

generally, quests in Moria and beyond.

Otherwise, get on the store and buy the 25% bonus scrolls and get skirmishing!

If you want to focus on a specific item, be sure to disable leveling on your other slotted items.

Use the repeatable missions (like in dolven-view) for extra grind XP, getting a LI to 11 is easy enough.. then just run around killing mobs on mass that normally drop heritage runes for a few hours between mission cooldowns.

I've found taking a ???? LI to 11 then decon for the xp/runes to be a fast way to add a large amount of xp to the LI im actually trying to lvl up.. sure you could go to 31, but my goal is the fast obtained extra xp and a few extra runes/shards from an otherwise lvl 1 decon.. this way you can easy fill all your slots and it don't feel "too" grindy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000009d2d6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A number of factions have a barter options for legendary item support. For example, you can get XP pills from the Algraig in Endewaith for your silver and gold tokens to supplement the item XP you are getting from the repeatable reputation quests.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Are the LI experience rewards you get from quests wasted if you don't have your first Legendary Item yet?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006cb29/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Grendaran View Post
    Are the LI experience rewards you get from quests wasted if you don't have your first Legendary Item yet?
    Yes. You must have a legendary item slotted. You must have at least one item capable of absorbing the item XP. Everything is maxed, disabled or waiting reforge. The item XP is wasted.

And for those of you anxious to get your first Level 65 First Age LI---those things suck up ixp runes like nothing you have ever seen. It can be anywhere between 57,000 and 87,000 points between individual levels after level 30 through level 70. Fastest way I have been grinding IXP is by doing Enedwaith Daily Quests and farming NCF and StH T2 for runes. And it is still taking forever. One of my kinnies said I should have saved up, which I did!!! But I did not expect such a black hole of ixp!
    Consider yourself forewarned.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Run the crafting instance daily.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...Resource_Token

You get give or take 100k IXP for the quests and you can trade the tokens for a 127k IXP rune each day.

Doing the quests takes 1h-1.5h and they reset at 3am eastern.

The way I do them is to goat ride to Orc Watch and run the mine instances, then goat ride back to the 21th Hall and jump off at the lumber yard and finally walk back to the 21th Hall to run the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Afuna View Post
    And for those of you anxious to get your first Level 65 First Age LI---those things suck up ixp runes like nothing you have ever seen. It can be anywhere between 57,000 and 87,000 points between individual levels after level 30 through level 70.
    Arent all LI xp flat rated after lvl 30?

20k for 3rd age.
    40k for 2nd age.
    80k for 1st age.

Still taking a 1st age to lvl 70 is 3.6 millions xp...

I'm pretty sure that for IXP there is nothing faster than Northcotton Farm and Stoneheight. Both give an average of 250,000 ixp per person and neither run should take you more than an hour. You will get a lot of relics, and a couple of OD medallions on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Uath View Post
    Arent all LI xp flat rated after lvl 30?

20k for 3rd age.
    40k for 2nd age.
    80k for 1st age.

Still taking a 1st age to lvl 70 is 3.6 millions xp...
    Correct. I know 20 and 40 is correct for 3rd and 2nd age. 80 sounds right for first age.

Someone said they level up an item to 11 or so and then take the heritage rune and apply that XP to their primary weapon as "bonus xp".

Wouldn't it make more sense to not split the XP up between weapons to begin with and just have all the XP go to the items you want to level?

My impression is that the heritage rune you get out of decon is sort of a payback for all the XP you lost because you decided to level it for the relics. You usually get no where near the XP out of it that you put into it, and thus if you really want to level an item, it is best to not slot items for the heck of it when you are focusing on leveling another item specifically--or am I mistaken?

I thought that if I had 6 items, the XP from a reward or kill would be divided equally between them all.

Deconning any item will randomly give me a heritage rune of whatever XP, generally a larger value the higher the level--but not anything close to the XP you are burning in deconstructing the item compared to what it took to get the item to that level to begin with.

Thus, it is faster to not do it that way and just let the XP go straight to the important items. I understand that to farm more/better relics, one has to level an item simply to mercilessly destroy it and consume what's left... but if this is a strategy pursued for gaining XP and not caring about the relics, then I am under the impression it's not a an efficient strategy.

The alternate view I have is that I am saving runes for a future item. This is experience then that I cannot otherwise reserve for that future item, so I could level up items I do have, decon them, and save the xp runes. But, it is still lost XP for what I presently am actively using, which may benefit me *right now* to have that XP. Otherwise they level slowly. I expect to have my level 60 1st age weapon for a long time to come and probably never see the proper crafting token to make my own level 65 1st age weapon until I quit my job and play endlessly, so it seems I should probably shift my strategy towards the more realistic scenario of this is about as good as its going to get, and focus on that item. Unless someone wants to email me a symbol.

Am I mistaken on this viewpoint? That it's best to level the item you want to level by letting it earn XP directly, and that the heritage runes gained via decon are not an effective way to level a CURRENT LI unless the runes were created prior to the use of the currently equipped legendary item?

I hope that made sense. it's almost nap time. Us dwarfs get cranky when we miss nap time..

It is faster to level up multiple weapons at once and deconstruct them to feed into a single weapon.

When you have more then one weapon receiving XP you get a bonus applied. (20% for 2, 44% for 3, 60% for 4, 80% for 5, 116% for 6) So if you have 6 LI slotted and receiving experience. For every 1000 you earn you actually get 2160 split between your items. So even with the penalty for deconstructing (you get about 42% of the xp back on average) it pays off to have multiple weapons leveling at once. Not to mention all the other bonus relics and such you get.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000e869c/signature.png]Burnbabyburn[/charsig]
    Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus354 View Post
    It is faster to level up multiple weapons at once and deconstruct them to feed into a single weapon.

When you have more then one weapon receiving XP you get a bonus applied. (20% for 2, 44% for 3, 60% for 4, 80% for 5, 116% for 6) So if you have 6 LI slotted and receiving experience. For every 1000 you earn you actually get 2160 split between your items. So even with the penalty for deconstructing (you get about 42% of the xp back on average) it pays off to have multiple weapons leveling at once. Not to mention all the other bonus relics and such you get.
    Is there a penalty applied upon deconstruction for having leveled an LI as one of 6 items all at the same time, as opposed to having leveled it with just one other item?
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/vilandril/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000026efe2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Valandil View Post
    Is there a penalty applied upon deconstruction for having leveled an LI as one of 6 items all at the same time, as opposed to having leveled it with just one other item?
    Nope. What you get depends totally on the item you are deconstructing and what the RNG decides.

Ahh this makes sense.

I had looked up the fellowship bonus xp metrics and determined that the same, if not similar, applied via some of my own testing.

Up until yesterday, not once did I get a rune over 25% of the XP earned on the LI. This was the basis for my comparison.

Now, the next question--with the two "bonus slots" available for purchase, how does that affect the math?

I have determined that for my own TP expenditures, the LI system items in the store are priced beyond my range of comfort. However, if the math is not entirely in The House's favor, I would consider opening up one or both slots to level additional items.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinshaw View Post
    Now, the next question--with the two "bonus slots" available for purchase, how does that affect the math?

I got these numbers by stoping IXP gain on my LIs and killing one mob.

Code:
    # items	% IXP each	% Total IXP
    1	   100          100
    2	    59,83	119,65
    3	    48,03	144,1
    4	    39,91	159,66
    5	    36,05	180,26
    6	    36,05	216,31
    7	    30,9        216,31
    8	    27,04	216,31

Hmm, so buying the two bonus slots actually hurts your IXP? As in each of the 1-6 items increases your total IXP earned but buying the two bonus slots just gets you the ability to level 2 more at once? I fail to see the point then?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000004f6bd/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am not sure if anybody has actually tested it but the assumption is that if you have maxed LIs or LIs with leveling disabled they don't count anymore towards the total number of LIs that get exp. Therefore 8 slots would allow you to have up to 2 maxed/disabled LIs and still get 216% exp split between the remaining 6.

Yes, it seems like the only benefits are to continue to gain the 6 item xp bonus when some items are waiting for reforge, or the convenience of having the items gain XP by being equipped.

Thanks for the break down on the numbers, that was useful!