We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Idea!

Idea!

Give hunters hunting birds as pets. It seems fitting.

Re: Idea!

...At least its not a dog this time.

You mean like an Eagle or a Raven... like a Lore Master. That being said, roll a Lore Master... They are the pet class or the game, hunter's are DPS units, introducing a pet would then require massive changes to the gameplay of a hunter as well as a nerf to some of their skills.

Also, see:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...must-have-pets
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...s-for-hunters-....
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...s-at-high-lvls
    Last edited by Waxe; May 11 2011 at 02:54 PM.

no like hawks and falcons. Eagles great as they are were never used to hunt as they are to big to ride on your wrist. and more for scouting and distracting than really hurting the target.
    Last edited by Light12; May 11 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    Give hunters hunting birds as pets. It seems fitting.
    /sigh NO. You want a pet, go play a Lore-master.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

no like hawks and falcons. Eagles great as they are were never used to hunt as they are to big to ride on your wrist. and more for scouting and distracting than really hurting the target.
    Again, distracting is something that a Lore Master's pet does, as well as an actual skill that does just that. And scouting, hunters already can find where a mob is as a skill, to have a pet to do that would be unnessesary and to have it actually scout out a location would either take alot of developer time or not be worth it.

I think what you want will come true though, there are talks about cosmetic pets... which I am personally highly against.

Perhaps what you want is an unmanned drone. They can scout and distract (with missiles). Wrong game?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000707fd/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

your all very funny. Cosmetic pets really?? nothing wrong but really? The idea was because i usually attract attention to my self and get killed to have some thing that would draw threat away for the hunter and on to something else like a hunting bird. And an unmanned drone really??
    Last edited by Light12; May 11 2011 at 04:26 PM.

The idea was because i usually attract attention to my self and get killed to have some thing that would draw threat away for the hunter and on to something else like a hunting bird.
    Which is EXACTLY what Lore-master pets do. The raven has a skill that gives it more threat and bear is made for tanking.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

My Hunter has a pet. A little mouse named Chester. He rides in my front pocket. He sleeps most of the time. I like him, except when he pees in my pocket.

Seriously though... Hunters will never have operational, useful pets. They just won't. Legolas didn't have one... neither did any of the other 'hunters' in LoTR. LoreMasters do have pets and they are pretty fun to play. Try it... you might like it.

Hmm. Didn't they make the Countdown since last "Pet's for Hunters Thread" a sticky. before?

I'd like a deco parrot on my shoulder, crapping on my back, possibly saying rude/lewd stuff but please don't let it do anything.

Loremaster pet is quite enough for crowded areas =)

I agree that there is no reason to give hunters combat pets, but I wouldn't mind the non-combat pets being available to all classes. And they wouln't have to nerf anything to do that.

I'm warming to the idea of hunter pets. My ranger in Rift has a pig for a pet that is an awesome tank and when he goes down I get free bacon. Free bacon!

Unfortunately LotRO hunters aren't Rift Rangers and the class here isn't designed with pets in mind. I wish every class did have a pet option because I love them, but the class has to be designed with that from the get go or it just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LoyKashka View Post
    I agree that there is no reason to give hunters combat pets, but I wouldn't mind the non-combat pets being available to all classes. And they wouln't have to nerf anything to do that.
    I am against it with a furious passion. The game is crowded as it is. Lore Master's are disliked in some places because of their pets as it is. It just doesn't make sense, "oh look at the cute little squirrel following me around" it would run first sign of orcs or wolves, and possibly cars, sometimes they don't though, its like a 50/50 with the cars.

first im against cos pets if u want that go play aq world and i used to be for hunter pets if u want to see just look up hunter pets and ul see one i made but now im against them .............................. ....................except for my current pet, hes a gaurdian when ever i come to some enemies i push him out in front of me and use him as a shield and when he dies then, FRESH BBRRAAIINSS!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note (well semi-serious) it would really be neat to use a tiny totemic animal thingie instead of a class item. Like a small tamagotchi and lvl it just like a legendary perhaps. Feed it Superior Crisp Bacon or stuffed cabbage. Keep it happy.

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

Of course, there's very little to support 'pet type' characters in the books, Radgast aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    On a more serious note (well semi-serious) it would really be neat to use a tiny totemic animal thingie instead of a class item. Like a small tamagotchi and lvl it just like a legendary perhaps. Feed it Superior Crisp Bacon or stuffed cabbage. Keep it happy.

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

Of course, there's very little to support 'pet type' characters in the books, Radgast aside.
    In the lore there are characters who show the ability to interact with animals Beren, Beorn, Radagast, Gandalf, Thorin's family and Bard.

Would a hunter from the 3rd Age start befriending animals of which he doesn't know their language? Unlikely, that'd be something for Loremasters but there is that one dwarf by Gondamon who the mother lynx becomes attached to. Still though, it's probably far more common for the Learn'ed to be friends with animals, I rather like to wear mine.

I see your Space Hamster and raise it by one Rodan!

Seriously though, I love Boo but I don't want to know where Minsk hides him between BG1 and BG2. I wouldn't know where to put him with my current outfit ingame either. Maybe if there were a minigame involving cosmetic pets it would be neat...Gorgo I choose you!

...the Google is weak with this one...just watch Rebirth of Mothra II on Hulu. (you'll hate me for it)
    Brynhildn Mistress Over Fear
    [B][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sons of Numenor[/COLOR][/B], Est 2008, calls on all seeking an [COLOR="#FF8C00"]established[/COLOR], [COLOR="#E399FF"]mature [/COLOR]and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Kinship where you belong! [URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL]

Hunters should have pigs for pets. They should have to name their pigs "Arnold". The pigs should race off hunting for truffles and aggro all mobs in their paths and the mobs should be on kosher diets so they ignore the pigs and attack the hunters. When the hunters die/DF, they should have to go back and find their pigs, which continue running around hunting for truffles, or lose them forever. That is what hunter pets should be.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    Hunters should have pigs for pets. They should have to name their pigs "Arnold". The pigs should race off hunting for truffles and aggro all mobs in their paths and the mobs should be on kosher diets so they ignore the pigs and attack the hunters. When the hunters die/DF, they should have to go back and find their pigs, which continue running around hunting for truffles, or lose them forever. That is what hunter pets should be.
    Sounds more like Farmville than LotRO.
    [/SIZE]

No....just...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Freecks View Post
    My Hunter has a pet. A little mouse named Chester. He rides in my front pocket. He sleeps most of the time. I like him, except when he pees in my pocket.
    I had a real pet mouse for a while. His name was Ed the Toilet Bowl Mouse, because I fished him out of the toilet after he tried to drown himself in it. Would come up and sit on my shoulder or knee while I was reading or whatnot. Not sure what ever became of him. Probably kicked the bucket doing something else stupid, expecting me to come rescue him.

Quote Originally Posted by TQDesign View Post
    No....just...no.
    wow you just keep showing up on all of my fourm posts don't you?