We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why no Steeped potion recipes on scholar's guild vendor?

I'd like to see 25 Steeped Athelas essence/Celebrant salve recipe added to the Scholar's Guild vendor. I haven't used my large supreme scrolls in a VERY long time.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Re: Why no Steeped potion recipes on scholar's guild vendor?

The lvl 65 pot recipes come from the Rep vendors--I was more disappointed to find the lack of a stack of 25 recipe, though. I was hoping once I hit Kindred with the Mirkwood elves it would open up something good recipe-wise--no such luck. Here's hoping that at some point Scholar Guild recipes for pots become more relevant again, by allowing us to make larger stacks of some of the newer recipes (even if they're something that requires Kindred with SG and Ally/Kindred with the rep faction that gives the recipe)

Yeah that's what I was asking for. 25 steeped potion weekly recipes. It's kinda sad to think about but we haven't gotten any new crafted gear, consumables, etc since Siege of Mirkwood. Enedwaith was all rep barter stuff but no crafting recipes. That's a long time to be stuck with the same crafting items. Thankfully new stuff is coming with the Isengard expansion.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

I wish Turbine would spend more time making these types of issues a priority in their focus. Currently, there seems to be a huge concentration on small appeasement-type content creations in skirmishes to keep us busy while we wait for the next major expansion; or as previously, time is spent putting out the fires of fans' unhappiness with systems introduced post-SoA. Though those are important, maintaining and advancing previous systems to keep up with the game and the new systems is also important. Crafting, traiting, and skills seem to be left in a state of partial fulfillment and attention. The issue of this thread is a good case-in-point. Another thread brought up the issue of ore-nodes seeming to be disproportionate, as well. Both of these I wish were addressed, as well as weaknesses found in the relevance of certain other crafts.

Perhaps I am perceiving the situation incorrectly, and Turbine is intentionally leaving crafting in a state of incompletion for the purpose of encouraging the acquisition of tokens and marks, but that is just contributing to the "grind" of the game. Crafting should be enjoyable and useful--relevant; but if the new systems trump the old ones, I request that Turbine would express their intent. Otherwise, as expansions and developments come, it should be priority that the old systems remain polished as the new come along.
    Last edited by Zavad; May 22 2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: grammar
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
    J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Lets look at game history. After Mirkwood, launched all hands were reassigned in 2010 to implement free to play. Once free to play launched, Turbine pumped a lot of energy into crafting. It is all been at the lower tiers. Primarily these aspects:

1) All lot of new tutorial stuff. Complete revamp of how we improve our crafting. All the quest changes. Critical result production as soon as the brown anvil is full.

2) Complete redo of the racial armor recipes - there are three variations via multi-ouptu of the stats and looks. Some weapons have more than one output.

3) Turbine filled in some gaps with throwing weapons. New banners and stuff for captains. New tier 6 pet foods. Tokens stack to 20. New consumables like sheet music. This little area is the content that is useful to me.

Mostly the changes have been for lower level characters. All the new folks that came with F2P. It is not only crafting that been getting this treatment. Tasks. No help for me. Evendim do over - another whoop.

IMHO - The next major content changes for level capped characters is Isengard.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Lets look at game history. After Mirkwood, launched all hands were reassigned in 2010 to implement free to play. Once free to play launched, Turbine pumped a lot of energy into crafting. It is all been at the lower tiers. Primarily these aspects:

1) All lot of new tutorial stuff. Complete revamp of how we improve our crafting. All the quest changes. Critical result production as soon as the brown anvil is full.

2) Complete redo of the racial armor recipes - there are three variations via multi-ouptu of the stats and looks. Some weapons have more than one output.

3) Turbine filled in some gaps with throwing weapons. New banners and stuff for captains. New tier 6 pet foods. Tokens stack to 20. New consumables like sheet music. This little area is the content that is useful to me.

Mostly the changes have been for lower level characters. All the new folks that came with F2P. It is not only crafting that been getting this treatment. Tasks. No help for me. Evendim do over - another whoop.

IMHO - The next major content changes for level capped characters is Isengard.
    Thank you, Yula, for the recap. It's good for perspective's sake. With all of this in mind, it would seem that the crafting system isn't on the way out, and its seeming weaknesses indeed lay in level-cap and end-game aspects: introduction of items accessible through token or mark acquisition, without comparable access to the items via the crafting system. Isengard seems so many months away! An issue of concern is that Isengard will provide just another opportunity for the crafting system to break in new ways or to fall even further behind.
    "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."

I think the main issue back then was with Mirkwood crafted items. Armor, jewellery, and weapons were all subpar. People still go after lvl 60 Lothlorien jewellery until they get some loot drop stuff from instances. Lvl 65 crafted items should be better than lvl 60 crafted items.
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

i just think steeped athelas shouldnt be a mirkwood rep only

/shrug

i cant afford (nor id like to at this point) to purchase mirkwood pack, so i can't get enough feathers to buy the recipee (the rep i can do with skirmishes though) and i'm stuck with crafting 900-1000morale pots.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

I'm kind of new to lotro, and I chose to become kindred with the scholar's guild. So far, it is the only craft I am SMK in... It seems to me that scholar's guild folks did get kind of screwed, but that appears to be the case with every crafting profession other than jewellers...as far as I know, at least. LI and Relic recipes seem to be the only useful ones once you get to level 65, unless you're a jeweller, in which case you can make that neat Loth rep jewellery (right)? I really hope they make some better guild recipes when Isengard comes out because right now, making those large supreme scrolls just seems like a waste of mats... :-(
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a82ff/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here's my assumption/presumption. With the release of Isengard, we'll be getting 10 more levels added to cap and a seventh crafting tier. (OK, these first two are not assumed or presumed, they're confirmed...) So I'm kinda hoping that they'll clean up the levels for crafting, and expand tier 5 to be the full gamut of levels 50 to 60 give or take depending on craft to match the other mid level tiers. Tier 6 can then be adjusted to fill the 61-68 span and tier 7 will likely take the a similar stance as tier 6 currently and straddle the 68-75 levels.

I also hope that they will improve and change many of the tier 5 and 6 crafting recipes and items. Not sure how much they can change and not anger everyone, but I hope there is some equalizing that happens. My main question now however, is what they will call tier 7?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002467e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by BulbousBiggers View Post
    ...My main question now however, is what they will call tier 7?
    "Quagmire?"

...Ok, ok...maybe something along the lines of "transcendent?"

Giggity...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002467e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]