We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instance portals?

Ok, we all kno instances such as GB, Fornost ect. have portals but for example. GB can be skrimed and so could GA. but, whats the point of having the portals to the instances active and a rally horn. if there not being used? this is just me but, i kinda feel that there just sitting there doing nothing, going "Hi i'm a portal i go no where i just bring up the name of the instance from the skirmish panel then u hit travel now." or for the rally horn's "Hi, i'm a ralley horn, i here to ralley people, but the skirmish panel took over my job." i don't mean to rant or anything but, this is how i feel. Discuse what you feel.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a67e3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Instance portals?

they are a legacy of the old system.

but there are quests to get and turn in that are usually near teh instances (also left over from when you had to run to the entrance)

there are many examples of the game development changing direction. you know those barter vendors in the crafting hall that have all those items youve never seen? theres a perfect example.

regardless of that, there really needs to be a physical location for all dungeons. it would really kill the immersion and feel to have them all be in limbo (even if that is how it feels with teh Join system)
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

I may be wrong as all my characters were passed those instances when they were added to the join panel, but I believe you still have to discover the entrances before they are active in the Instance Join list.

Quote Originally Posted by LurtzArcher View Post
    I may be wrong as all my characters were passed those instances when they were added to the join panel, but I believe you still have to discover the entrances before they are active in the Instance Join list.
    nope as soon as i hit 20, i didn't have 2 discover GB it was added 2 the instance panel automaticly
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001a67e3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by LurtzArcher View Post
    Nope. The lack of discovery needs to be removed was a common feedback to Turbine. When Update 2 came out, Turbine required all characters to visit the entrance portal for the five new instances.

None of the prior instances require a trip to them. Even back when you had to travel to the portal, there were some of them that I had no clue how to find them. I always been summoned to the portal. I never walked out.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

but isn't discovering the world, part of the fun of adventuring?

Quote Originally Posted by LinchLord View Post
    but isn't discovering the world, part of the fun of adventuring?
    Now, don't get me wrong, I think all instances should have to be discovered before you enter them. The problem with that all of the old instances that people had already discovered and been to countless times, making them have to go back and "discover" all of them would not have gone over well.

That being said, you never had to run to the rift...
    Magikx