We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tracking hours. (like Steam does)

Anywhere in the game or in options I can view hours played?

Re: Tracking hours. (like Steam does)

I believe you just type /played in your in game chat bar.

Quote Originally Posted by cinder01 View Post
    I believe you just type /played in your in game chat bar.
    That will work, but it will only tell the value for the character you are on. If you have alts and want to see the total playtime, you need to type /played on each toon and add the times together.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

I don't think I want to know...
    [COLOR="White"]Janamir[/COLOR] [COLOR="#d0d0d0"][b]·[/b] Captain, Metalsmith[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]Janbras[/COLOR] [COLOR="#d0d0d0"][b]·[/b] Hobbit Hunter, Jeweler/Cook[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]Janborn[/COLOR] [COLOR="#d0d0d0"][b]·[/b] Elf Lore-master, Scholar[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]Sons of Gondor[/COLOR] [COLOR="#d0d0d0"][b]·[/b] Elendilmir[/COLOR]

If you use X-fire, that can track your hours played, but only while you are logged into X-fire.
    [center]Elendilmir - Rimsilval[/center]
    [color=green][center]Arness Hunter; Ashuri, Champ, Rozie LM, Velan Minstrel; Kynra Captain; Ryssa RK;[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Arness View Post
    If you use X-fire, that can track your hours played, but only while you are logged into X-fire.
    Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near X-fire. When my service provider first started bandwidth limits, we were getting huge bills because of over 100 Gb of uploading. Turns out X-fire secretly uses a peer-to-peer distribution method for updates so it was constantly uploading. Not saying this is still how it works or that there's no way to turn it off (I'm sure there is) but that experience has permanently soured my opinion of X-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gui_Incognito View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near X-fire. When my service provider first started bandwidth limits, we were getting huge bills because of over 100 Gb of uploading. Turns out X-fire secretly uses a peer-to-peer distribution method for updates so it was constantly uploading. Not saying this is still how it works or that there's no way to turn it off (I'm sure there is) but that experience has permanently soured my opinion of X-fire.
    So does Panda Media Booster. It's all distributed redistribution to reduce the bandwidth costs by the originating company. (The users get to pay instead...thanks, guys.) Just delete PMB.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Jocoson View Post
    I remember I tallied mine up at the start of 2010, across my 6 lvl 60+ toons, my 6 rank 6+ creeps, and it was just shy of 10 months in game played time.

Eep. O.o
    Rk 8 Warg, Rk 8 Spider, Rk 7 Reaver, Rk 7 BA, Rk 6 WL, Rk 6 Def
    Rk 8 Burg, Rk 8 Hntr, Rk 7 Champ, Rk 7 Mins, Rk 6 Guard, Rk 4 LM

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't use x-fire.

10 months? omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlomontego View Post
    I remember I tallied mine up at the start of 2010, across my 6 lvl 60+ toons, my 6 rank 6+ creeps, and it was just shy of 10 months in game played time.
    Based on your join date, that would mean you've averaged about 6 hours per day. Eep indeed .

I've been playing a bit longer (March 2007), and my total adds up to ~2000 hours... 3 months and change. Average: about 80 minutes per day. It adds up, though... my friends, parents, siblings, and coworkers would be astonished (and perhaps a bit concerned) to hear I'd spent 3 months time playing this game . Shhh.

Khafar
    Last edited by Khafar; May 06 2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocoson View Post
    ^^

This lol

I had Steam with Fallout and it was bad enough looking at total hours played....
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

you could always try raptr.