We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So, I have 750 turbine points. What should I get??

So, I have 750 turbine points. What should I get??

Level 10, Female Hunter Elf.

Any good ideas at this point in the game? hmmmm

Re: So, I have 750 turbine points. What should I get??

Depends, are you F2P, premium or VIP?
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

F2P right now.. may upgrade soon..

At level 10 - don't get anything. Wait for quest packs to go on sale.

If you intend to upgrade at some point soon, don't buy quest packs, extra bags, gold removal, or anything else that you'd get for free by being a VIP. I'd buy something account-wide like shared storage. It really comes in handy.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

That kind of depends on a few things:

1) Are you a VIP? If so, and plan to continue then you don't need to worry about expansions, or other items that are free for VIP. That being the case you may want to invest in things like extra character slots, or shared storage/cosmetic storage.

2) If you are F2P, but eventually plan to upgrade, you may want to hold off purchasing any trait slots as these will be free once you upgrade. Same with the gold cap, first five slots in the AH, and Riding skill, though the riding skill you may want if you think it may be a while before upgrading.

3) If you are F2P, and plan to remain so, then you may want to hold off spending anything and focus on purchasing expansions when they come on sale. As F2P you will have free quest content for Ered Luin, Shire, Bree, and Lone Lands. All other regions must be purchased. Another good thing to spend on would be unlocking 5 slots in the AH so you can sell stuff.
    The Haruchai and The Elohim
    Barabolas - 100 Champ | Gilgaros - 100 LM | Findheleth - 100 Cappy | Thaswin - 100 Burg | Nimbreleth - 100 RK

It depends, if you are VIP at 10 lvl you don't need anything from the Store, now if you are F2P you should start gathering points for the upcoming areas you will explore such as ND, Trolls, angmar etc.
    Ishka-Kwi,Ai-Durug-nul!

If you are thinking of upgrading then simply hold onto those points, you are probably premium if you bought those points.

A lot will depend on your playstyle - are you fast leveling one character? Will you create more? Are you crafting? Are you only playing once a week for two hours?

Check what you will get by subbing for a month.

For example, by reaching certain levels you will get to keep swift-travelroutes.

Play your character until the end of LoneLands and then re-evaluate, unless you already say "3 bags are not enough".

That's my 2 cents. If you don't care about the money then browse the cosmetic section and splurge - some items are available in game though.

Edit: Gosh, these people are fast, at least 5 squeezed in!
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

OK, this is all excellent advice.

I like what Rouven had to say.

Thank you.

I would remove the gold cap and purchase the riding skill (not the horse) just to make your life less miserable for the time being. If you plan on not subbing, then watch the sales for evendim to go on sale. Other things to look at are purchasing your other two bags, as well as trait and virtue slots.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Riding skill.

Others gave the same advice I would have, but regardless of your future subscription plans, riding skill will be useful now (plus a few hundred silver for a mount).

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Honestly, there's one overriding question that precludes all others:

Will you spend at least $15-20 on this game?

Yes: Purchase the MoM boxed set from somewhere online. Level all your current chars to 20. Activate MoM, and create any other chars you'll want to play in the future. Level all to 20, and get Riding skill on all of them before your 30 day VIP expires. You'll have such a huge host of unlocks that come with that, all you'll really need after that is just QPs as they go on sale.

No: Buy Riding now, and sit on the rest till a QP goes on sale. Evendim is probably the first one you'll be looking for. After you have your first QP, you'll want to unlock gold cap and probably AH slots and inventory bags at some point.

Riding skill and Evendim (wait till it goes on sale or you need it)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    If you intend to upgrade at some point soon, don't buy quest packs, extra bags, gold removal, or anything else that you'd get for free by being a VIP. I'd buy something account-wide like shared storage. It really comes in handy.
    I totally agree with this idea, plus your first couple of vault storage upgrades should be aqcuired with silver and then utilize your TPs. Happy Hunting!