We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 185
  1. #101

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Hey SNSers!

    My apologies for missing out on the last few several SNS's...been busy playing in the moors on my warg. However, I will not apologize for missing out on the last couple of weeks - been laid up in the hospital since before the first of the year.

    Seems I'm going to be missing out on the next 2-3 SNS's as well, hopefully no longer than 3, but hey, who knows with what I'm going through. I've been worked into a rehab program (by the way, my medical problems are NOT drug related) to regain my strength, and I was told it could be upwards of 3 weeks. I'll be working as hard as I can to get out sooner, but again, there's no telling.

    Anyway, just thought I'd let the Imladris RP crowd know, and let anyone that attends the SNS regularly know as well.
    [LEFT][URL="http://siegebreakers.guildlaunch.com"][B]Siege Breakers Kinsite[/B][/URL][/LEFT]
    [RIGHT][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types&p=5416401#post5416401"][B]Account Types Explained![/B][/URL][/RIGHT]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006b6f1/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/referral/Kragald"]Referred by Kragald![/URL]

  2. #102

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Kragald View Post
    Hey SNSers!

    My apologies for missing out on the last few several SNS's...been busy playing in the moors on my warg. However, I will not apologize for missing out on the last couple of weeks - been laid up in the hospital since before the first of the year.

    Seems I'm going to be missing out on the next 2-3 SNS's as well, hopefully no longer than 3, but hey, who knows with what I'm going through. I've been worked into a rehab program (by the way, my medical problems are NOT drug related) to regain my strength, and I was told it could be upwards of 3 weeks. I'll be working as hard as I can to get out sooner, but again, there's no telling.

    Anyway, just thought I'd let the Imladris RP crowd know, and let anyone that attends the SNS regularly know as well.
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!
    -[b][color=purple]Belcaelaraen[/color][/b]/Leader of the [color=grey]Darkwood[/color] [color=crimson]Marauders[/color]/Elf/Hunter/[i]Imladris[/i]-
    -[b][color=navyblue]Olorimien[/color][/b]/Elf/Hunter/[i]Laurelin[/i]-

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,595

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Hey people,

    Although I've always read about SNS and followed the event, I have yet being unable to attend because of me being on a very opposite time zone....I live in India so 9 PM EST means 7:30 am for me....which is one of the times which I cant make it online at all....so I was wondering if there are others who are missing this event for such reasons...and also wondering, if a slightly more dynamic time could be arranged for the events....like early evenings on some saturdays while the usual 9 PM on others....Or maybe similar events be organised at two times in a day.....that way some of us could attend it too

    Not quite necessary ofcourse since the number of people like me would be quite scarce, but all the same it would be good to join the community in the gathering

    Good Luck all



    Quote Originally Posted by Kragald View Post
    Hey SNSers!

    My apologies for missing out on the last few several SNS's...been busy playing in the moors on my warg. However, I will not apologize for missing out on the last couple of weeks - been laid up in the hospital since before the first of the year.

    Seems I'm going to be missing out on the next 2-3 SNS's as well, hopefully no longer than 3, but hey, who knows with what I'm going through. I've been worked into a rehab program (by the way, my medical problems are NOT drug related) to regain my strength, and I was told it could be upwards of 3 weeks. I'll be working as hard as I can to get out sooner, but again, there's no telling.

    Anyway, just thought I'd let the Imladris RP crowd know, and let anyone that attends the SNS regularly know as well.
    Oh no....hope youre doing better now.....hoping to see you back again soon.....Get well soon buddy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

  4. #104

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Hey Ark, Bel, thanks for the kind words of support.

    I just posted about my status in this thread cause it was easier than making a new thread, and I actually have attended some SNS events in the past. Anyway, yeah again thanks for the words of encouragement, and like I said, I'll be working my hardest to get out of here, but when is another story.

    Also - Harnath, I'd join you in your musical endeavors if I wasn't laid up in the hospital!
    [LEFT][URL="http://siegebreakers.guildlaunch.com"][B]Siege Breakers Kinsite[/B][/URL][/LEFT]
    [RIGHT][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types&p=5416401#post5416401"][B]Account Types Explained![/B][/URL][/RIGHT]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006b6f1/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/referral/Kragald"]Referred by Kragald![/URL]

  5. #105

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    The Social for 1/21/12 will be at the Darkwood Marauders kinhouse.

    1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads.

    BYOB!
    Darkwood Marauders of Imladris

  6. #106

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Greetings all!

    Was looking for the social last Saturday. Do you need a special invite to get in?

  7. #107

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    The location and time are posted in this thread (and on the News at the Marauders website and the Darkwood Marauders facebook page). It is a public event open to anyone.

    From now on it'll be held at the Darkwood Marauder's kinhouse (1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads). Starting around 9pm EST/server time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #108

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalanis View Post
    ...
    From now on it'll be held at the Darkwood Marauder's kinhouse (1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads). Starting around 9pm EST/server time.
    Thank you for your reply. But, what I mean was if you don't have a home in Bree-Land Homesteads, how can you get in?
    I entered by saying I was going to buy a house and went to an empty house. Then, tried to find my way to 1 High Road.
    Is there a better way?

  9. #109

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    I thought you could just walk up to the gate, choose which neighborhood, and enter. I had entered the homesteads to visit others before I owned my own house.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    I am a new player to the game and the imladris server. i am currently a level 15 Man Loremaster and was directed to this thread by a character named Eostad, at least i remember his name being spelled as such. i am interested in finding a RolePlaying kinship that can assist me in rp adventures and leveling, crafting etc. i would prefer to find a kinship that is active in RP both in game or out, as the last kin joined (also the first) was advertised to me as RP but had no base in roleplaying. ill try to show at that time at your kin house and hope i get a kinship there. ill likely be higher level by that time as well since i solo quest when i have no one of like mind to share the fun. happy hunting and looking forward to meeting you all.

  11. #111

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Just a reminder, the Social is being held at the Darkwood Marauders Kin House now (except on special occasions).

    1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads is the location. Contact a Marauder if you are having trouble finding it.

    (http://my.lotro.com/guild-870602104493313826/ for a list of Marauders)

    BYOB! We have a keg, but if you want something stronger, bring your own.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    91

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblade5445 View Post
    Hey people,

    Although I've always read about SNS and followed the event, I have yet being unable to attend because of me being on a very opposite time zone....I live in India so 9 PM EST means 7:30 am for me....which is one of the times which I cant make it online at all....so I was wondering if there are others who are missing this event for such reasons...and also wondering, if a slightly more dynamic time could be arranged for the events....like early evenings on some saturdays while the usual 9 PM on others....Or maybe similar events be organised at two times in a day.....that way some of us could attend it too

    Not quite necessary ofcourse since the number of people like me would be quite scarce, but all the same it would be good to join the community in the gathering

    Good Luck all
    While I myself am CST and have been able to attend a fair number of the SNSs, I have a lot of friends on the servers who have larger time differences; for some of them, SNS is happening at 1am or at 6am. I am all for a second event on the server -- the more regular RP events, the better.

    Anyone else interested in having a second, earlier event on Saturdays? Perhaps something that's a little extra beyond just the social part of it -- CoA and its allied kins attempted to organize a regular market day in Michel Delving at one point, but we could never seem to get the timing right on it (and it also required we stop planning weddings, which, isn't happening anytime soon... It would still be a place for being social, but would allow for a bit of bartering and selling of pies and such. If there are others who think something like a Saturday Morning Market is an idea that has some merit, I'd be willing to 'chair' the committee to get it going, so to speak, as long as there were others okay with helping on hosting and coordinating and such.
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

  13. #113

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    I like the SNS, but yes, it's always happening at 3am my time, and while I'm used to staying up late, there are quite a few times where I intended to go but found that I was just getting too sleepy. Some additional event a bit earlier would be great. It wouldn't even need to be weekly, but something like every two weeks might be manageable?

    And Ellonur would have a lot of fabulous ale to sell at a market...
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

  14. #114

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Come up with a name for your event, pick a location and time, start a new thread about it...and people will come.

    The Marauders will do what they can to help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    somewhereinthemiddleofnowhere
    Posts
    58

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    This weeks SNS was interesting and fun, however few of the regulars came! I was surprised, because Roh was not there, neither were several others....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000cc4ca/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    THE HOBBITS RIDE TO WAR ON PONIES!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,595

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    While I myself am CST and have been able to attend a fair number of the SNSs, I have a lot of friends on the servers who have larger time differences; for some of them, SNS is happening at 1am or at 6am. I am all for a second event on the server -- the more regular RP events, the better.

    Anyone else interested in having a second, earlier event on Saturdays? Perhaps something that's a little extra beyond just the social part of it -- CoA and its allied kins attempted to organize a regular market day in Michel Delving at one point, but we could never seem to get the timing right on it (and it also required we stop planning weddings, which, isn't happening anytime soon... It would still be a place for being social, but would allow for a bit of bartering and selling of pies and such. If there are others who think something like a Saturday Morning Market is an idea that has some merit, I'd be willing to 'chair' the committee to get it going, so to speak, as long as there were others okay with helping on hosting and coordinating and such.

    That would be a good idea....to have a second event on a weekend so that people who can, can attend either SNS or this new event, or both!

    Count me in for helping in organizing one....we could gather up a bunch of people for whom SNS happens at odd times and we can plan on a timing which suits a majority of the players who miss SNS.....And once a gathering is formed we can plan the nature of the event and further work on details....

    While the social market idea sounds great, I think in the beginning we could just start it as a gathering and merrymaking sort of eventl....something people can just drop by casually for.....not much planning needed....storytellings, music, chat up and get to know each other....once we begin getting together a steady number of people gathering up, we can go into more diverse events like markets, performances, maybe some contests.....etc.....

    Anyone who's up for helping just drop a reply here and we can make a new thread for the event and plan meetings.... or feel free to drop me a pm here or ingame...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    I am new to the forums and have never heard mention of the SNS but I'm very curious! Does this happen every Saturday? What time and where? I'm interested to be a part of it if anyone is allowed to follow up.
    Bhreac - 73 Guard / Nathara - 45 Warden / Aktaie - 42 LM

  18. #118

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Anyone is welcome. It is a public event.

    It is on Saturday nights at 9pm server time (EST) and is located at the Darkwood Marauders kin house.

    The address is 1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads.

    Hope to see you there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    91

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblade5445 View Post

    While the social market idea sounds great, I think in the beginning we could just start it as a gathering and merrymaking sort of eventl....something people can just drop by casually for.....not much planning needed....storytellings, music, chat up and get to know each other....once we begin getting together a steady number of people gathering up, we can go into more diverse events like markets, performances, maybe some contests.....etc.....

    Anyone who's up for helping just drop a reply here and we can make a new thread for the event and plan meetings.... or feel free to drop me a pm here or ingame...
    I'm thinking of it more along the lines of, in 'those days' ^_^ a lot of people went to the market not necessarily to buy things, but to get the news, see people in the area, find out what was going on socially such as births and weddings and the like... it doesn't have to be a strict everyone's selling things sort of thing... more of a side item for those interested (since sometimes that ends up happening at SNS, too -- trading food and booze and dye and things).

    I'm going to start a new thread on this, since it seems there's a few people interested in it, and we'll see where we can go with it.

    --(edit)--Speaking of, here's the thread.... http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Planning-Post
    Last edited by Librarian; Feb 02 2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

  20. #120

    Thumbs up Re: Saturday Night Social

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalanis View Post
    Anyone is welcome. It is a public event.

    It is on Saturday nights at 9pm server time (EST) and is located at the Darkwood Marauders kin house.

    The address is 1 High Road, Corstead, Bree-Land Homesteads.

    Hope to see you there.
    Went last week. Everyone was lovely. Danced a bit! Don't know if I can make toniight, but I will certainly come back again.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    91

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Does anyone know where SNS is tonight? I've heard conflicting reports between the usual spot and elsewhere....
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

  22. #122

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    Just a reminder, the Saturday Night Social now has a permanent home in the Darkwood Marauders Kinhouse, which is located at 1 High Road, Corstead, in the Breeland Homesteads!
    -[b][color=purple]Belcaelaraen[/color][/b]/Leader of the [color=grey]Darkwood[/color] [color=crimson]Marauders[/color]/Elf/Hunter/[i]Imladris[/i]-
    -[b][color=navyblue]Olorimien[/color][/b]/Elf/Hunter/[i]Laurelin[/i]-

  23. #123

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    There will be no Saturday Night Social on 2/25/12. The Marauders kinhouse is locked, so don't bother making the trip.

    The Socials are cancelled until further notice.

    If you need an RP fix, check out the Saturday Morning Market.

    Thank you.
    Darkwood Marauders of Imladris

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Under a foot of snow.
    Posts
    43

    Thumbs up Re: Saturday Night Social

    For those who would still like to get together on this Saturday Night, Children of Arda and Rising Force (and friends) will be having a get together in the Duillond festival gardens (the cave where the shrew-stomping event happens, just up the hill of where the festival vendors hang out) that will be open to any and all passers-by.

    It's a celebration for Ellonur who won the Extravagant Fashion title for the forums! Congratulations, you pretty boy, and we look forward to seeing you in all your finery in Rivendell. <3
    Last edited by akiira_aleeann; Feb 24 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Children of Arda, an RP kin for all your needs!
    Member of the Player Council -- please feel free to send PMs or in-game messages.
    .

  25. #125

    Re: Saturday Night Social

    I really looked forward ot the SNS and showing off Ell's pretty winning autumn outfit - but I still hope that lots of the usual RPers will be around this Saturday. Extravagant Ellonur will bring blackberry ale for all! \o/
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

 

 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload