We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Saturday Night Social

I am currently waiting for something to come to fruition that I have wanted to do for a while here. I am about 2 weeks out of having my very own Inn and Tavern (a converted kin hall, if you please) and would very much like to offer it up for RP purposes, and even perhaps for a few Sat. night social gatherings as well.

I do plan on having a grand opening party once it's ready (with free drinks and pipeweed, and even perhaps an impromptu fireworks show and music as well) and will post here the location and when I hope to do that, and everyone will be invited to come and enjoy the festivities!

Once it gets closer, I will post the location (it will be in the Bree-land homesteads, that much is sure) and I hope that we may even have a Captain or two on hand to help folks with porting in, provided they are well provisioned for the journey!

I hope that others like this idea, and will want to stop by and visit!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000024147/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ooooh, I can't wait. But I, uh, thought it was *Tulwar's* inn?
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

Tulwar wants nothing to do with this. He's not in to selling or giving away ale, so he is not invited...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000024147/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Free ale? I'm in...

- rather, I'd be happy to come socialize in your new establishment, it would be an honor. And such.

Quote Originally Posted by ProxisNerath View Post
    I am currently waiting for something to come to fruition that I have wanted to do for a while here. I am about 2 weeks out of having my very own Inn and Tavern (a converted kin hall, if you please) and would very much like to offer it up for RP purposes, and even perhaps for a few Sat. night social gatherings as well.

I do plan on having a grand opening party once it's ready (with free drinks and pipeweed, and even perhaps an impromptu fireworks show and music as well) and will post here the location and when I hope to do that, and everyone will be invited to come and enjoy the festivities!

Once it gets closer, I will post the location (it will be in the Bree-land homesteads, that much is sure) and I hope that we may even have a Captain or two on hand to help folks with porting in, provided they are well provisioned for the journey!

I hope that others like this idea, and will want to stop by and visit!
    Sounds interesting... does anyone know of any other 'player created' taverns or inns out there? I know of two others (the Rising Force's prestigious tavern - possibly the first one on the server? and The Fiddle, which, RP-wise I think is still burned down but I'm not sure....). It would be nice to have a list of all of the 'player-created' RP areas on this server...
    Zhie ~ Librarian of Imladris ~ Children of Arda, Caun
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer
    Valarda ~ Maker and Chaser of Shiny Things ~ Children of Arda
    Eledu ~ Troublemaker ~ Lord of Something Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Yukiechan View Post
    The place was packed last night... huuuge turnout :O

There were so many people talking at once that it was hard to follow any sort of conversation :S

My suggestion- if it's going to be this crowded in the future:

either split the groups up, have some outside and some inside if it's going to be in a tavern

Or run the event Landy style with a MC and some degree of organization

Because frankly, it was a mess trying to understand what was going on Q_Q

I leave with with this image of how I feel

http://memegenerator.net/cache/insta...4/11924322.jpg

I think the population varies from week to week. However, the lower the level area, the greater the size of the crowd.

I enjoyed the location, but the size of the crowd meant having to focus on just a few people who were there, and when I left I saw some people who were just in a corner and not talking because it was too overwhelming for them to jump in.

I also saw people standing outside or sitting on the roof when I came out.

I know that this event is looking for a more permanent place. I think the Floating Log would be fun, but it could be difficult to fit that many people there. Here's just some things to think about in regards to event hosting for the future, based on places I can think of off the top of my head; others can probably speak to some of the places they are more familiar with...

Prancing Pony (Bree)
    Pros: low levels can easily get there, lots of little spots for people to go
    Cons: quest hub, lag is common, no one big area for people (the big standing area is right by the door, which is inconvenient)

The Hall of Fire (Imladris)
    Pros: Large open area, with private balcony area; not as heavily traversed
    Cons: Mid-level area, low levels can be brought in but can take some time or be difficult without a hunter; tables are large so sitting across from people makes using 'say' a problem sometimes

The Combe and Wattle Inn (Combe)
    Pros: Several small areas for small groups to venture into; not as visited as other low-level inns and pubs, 'stage-type' area outside with seating
    Cons: Outside area can lag at times, not much seating in the main area, kind of unsanitary with the chickens running around

Bird & Baby Inn (Michel Delving)
    Pros: Decent sized main area, lots of seating, some outdoor seating, a few little alcoves
    Cons: Hub area, sometimes has a lot of traffic

The Ivy Bush (Hobbiton)
    Pros: Corner stage is nice, low level area
    Cons: Smallish place, occasionally has lots of traffic

The Forsaken Inn (Lone Lands)
    Pros: Decent sized main area, lots of seating, alcoves and small rooms for smaller groups to go
    Cons: No roof, icky floor, creepy basement, seating is a little weird in main area, major quest hub

Thorin's Hall Tavern or Ale Hall (Thorin's Hall)
    Pros: Large main area, lots of seating, areas for wandering
    Cons: Used for festivals, can be overwhelmingly busy during those times, lag issues

Mess Hall (Bree)
    Pros: Large area, ample seating, small cozy areas for everyone, low level area
    Cons: Bring your own bartender

Bombadil's House (Forest)
    Pros: Large outdoor area, indoor area with some seating, quest activity is typically not prolonged
    Cons: Evil stuff occassionally going after low levels outside if they wandered, not the easiest to get to, Tom Bombadil's singing after a while
    Last edited by Librarian; Dec 11 2011 at 03:21 AM.
    Bainith Proudfoot ~ Poet of Michel Delving ~ Children of Arda, Recruiting Officer

Nice input everyone. Yes, we are still looking for just the right permanent place for the SNS.

This weeks Social will be at Tom Bombadil's house.

9pm Eastern.

Well, I am happy to announce that The Wandering Dragon Inn has finished construction, and although the grand opening is going to have to be delayed due to an issue with the fireworks being somewhat damp and unusable, it is still ready for the weary traveller!

So feel free to visit, the address is 8 Long Street, Farmborough District, Bree-Land Homesteads.

The site will also be available for group parties as well! Just be wary of which keg you draw your ale from, some are a bit more potent than others.

This weeks Social will be held in the Mess Hall in Bree.

9pm Server Time start.

<smiles>

Perhaps next week at the The Wandering Dragon Inn if it would be permitted?

Not only permitted, but encouraged! I would love for folks to use it to it's fullest! I will try to make sure that someone is there to offer drinks and pipeweed to folks! Unfortunately I cannot do the grand opening just quite yet, because of the fireworks bug, but will do that as soon as I can hand out free fireworks as well. Would love to see everyone there!

Not only permitted, but encouraged! I would love for folks to use it to it's fullest! I will try to make sure that someone is there to offer drinks and pipeweed to folks! Unfortunately I cannot do the grand opening just quite yet, because of the fireworks bug, but will do that as soon as I can hand out free fireworks as well. Would love to see everyone there!
    What if we just encouraged everyone to bring fireworks if they have them on their character already? I'm sure you'll have more than a few people with extras willing to set off their own so that you don't have to wait for the bug to be fixed. (we had an RP wedding last night, and while we didn't quite have the colors or amount we wanted due to the bug, we still had enough for it to be festive)

That would be just fine. It's kind of sad though, I've been hoarding fireworks for a while, and have a ton of them that I wanted to hand out. If folks want to use their own that's great too, you still at least get uses towards your title.

Indeed, it is very sad for the wedding the other night, I had placed about 170 fireworks on another alt and figured I'd transfer them over when needed. Guess I'm going to end up with a very pyromaniac alt...

Maybe you could call this weekend a winterfest celebration there and encourage fireworks, and then do up a big grand opening when they get the fireworks fixed?

This saturday the Social will be held at The Wandering Dragon Inn.

This is a player-run establishment located at 8 Long Street, Farmborough District, Bree-Land Homesteads.

This will be a Yule Fest celebration, come dressed appropriatly.

(P.S. we will save the fireworks for the Grand Opening)
    Darkwood Marauders of Imladris

Look forward to seeing folks there! I will do my best to make sure everyone gets some ale and pipe-weed. But please try to bring a bit of your own in case I can't get around to everyone!

Look forward to seeing folks there! I will do my best to make sure everyone gets some ale and pipe-weed. But please try to bring a bit of your own in case I can't get around to everyone!
    I can't make it this week! *cries*

Hope everybody has a great time!
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

Quote Originally Posted by Iorviel
    I can't make it this week! *cries*
    That's ok, your still my favorite minstrel.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000074500/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This week, the Social shall be held at The Festival Gardens, in Duillond.

9 PM (server time) start.

There'll be fireworks, as it is New Years Eve!

Cheers!

Just discovered this thread. Hope to make it soon.

I also just discovered this thread. Assuming my new fan arrives, I'll try to make it next Saturday.

The 1/01/12 Social will be at the Bree Mess Hall

9pm Server time (EST)

Harnath will be there with music to share! (whoo, a rhyme!)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000cc4ca/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

THE HOBBITS RIDE TO WAR ON PONIES!

Well, this weeks was fun.If anybody enjoyed my music, comment! Also, i would like to suggest Bag End in Hobbiton for the next location, it's quiet, roomy and without npcs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000cc4ca/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This saturday (1/14/12) the Social will be held at The Wandering Dragon Inn.

This is a player-run establishment located at 8 Long Street, Farmborough District, Bree-Land Homesteads.
    Last edited by Roh_Arradiel; Jan 13 2012 at 01:01 PM.

I doubt ill be able to make this one, im visiting the beach for the weekend and i dont tink they have WIFI there

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast