We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Saturday Night Social

The first ever Saturday Night Social went fairly well. About 15 people showed up initially (plus a few background lurkers). Music and dancing ensued.

Members of several kins showed up after the event ended. Not their fault they missed it. Word was slow in getting around.

Next saturday night we will do it again. May 7th. 9pm. The Prancing Pony Inn in Bree.

If you are interested in performing just show up and join the que. When one person finishes, the next can begin.

We had mostly music and dancing this week. Looking for a short story or some poetry for next week to break up the music.
    The music was all soloists. Are there any bands out there?

Re: Saturday Night Social

Ooh! Did not hear about this at all. I'll try to make it to the next event...

Saturday May 7th is the next weekly Saturday Night Social. (9pm Eastern Time)

Once again this week, our second week, we will hold it at the Prancing Pony. Everyone knows where the Pony is and its a high traffic area good for exposure. Next week we will start mixing it up a little.

I'll be there with my pipes and a spot of poetry. All are welcome to join in. Tell a tale, sing or play a song, share your cooking or your home brew. Or just come and watch! Mingle with other adventurers and plan your next raid or skirmish. Enjoy the friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

I have already contacted you Skalanis. This is fingorn. I was wondering if we will be having a raid after the small gathering. Or if we should take our time until that. But it would defenitly be enjoyable by many. Maybe a raid on Fornost, probably a non skirmish because not everyone has fornost. Just a suggestion. Let me know what you think via fourms or mail. Thanks.
    -Fingorn

Fornost... no... please. With a new confused team it took me 7 hours for a full run. 4 hours with a good team. That means a minstrel who knows how to heal and keep away from aggro and two tanks. It would help to have a cap/LM/burg along but its not necessary, its an instance where you can dps stuff to death. Unless you have 4 hours to spare and someone experienced, so um sure go ahead O.o;

Okay so i guess no to Fornost..maybe another, but would Fornost be easier if we didn't do the instance, i wasn't really planning on the instance because not everyone has it.......have any suggestions for a raid then?

The second Saturday Night Social has concluded.

I tried to note those who showed up:
    Amicitia Vimes told us a rousing tale with a surprise ending. Maegrosil, Dagthire Gwaew, Heroblazer and several others contributed musical entertainment. Davison the Ranger brought along a very well behaved bear (much to Barliman Butterbur's chagrin). Fingorn brought news of an orc incursion in the fields north of Bree and organized a raid that departed after the Social ended. Carvilvith gave an open invitation to a picnic and swimming day at the pond near her house in the homesteads (I have a feeling this is going to be a recurring Sunday family event...we shall see). Others arrived to enjoy the evening including the lovely Myarrin, Lothiniel, Alduin, Zoso, Romuil, Sabell, Rodllollir, Merock, Devinerapier, Fencot, Lidblod, Redwine, Valeinie, Daemondred and the minstrel Ningannel Zee made a brief appearance. The evening wrapped up with the Night Watch performing some excellent musical selections.

Thanks to all who attended.

Next weeks SNS is being planned already. It will be a little more organized and refreshments will be provided. Bring your dancing shoes. Details will be posted here later (or see our add in the Free Peoples Press).
    Last edited by Skalanis; May 07 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Just wanted to tell everyone who went on the raid with me, sorry it wasn't very long, the reason being i had to log of very soon. But the next time i hope that we shall be able to raid some place more challenging, with more people joining us! Until next time, farewell!
    -Fingorn

The location of the next Saturday Night Social is the Comb and Wattle Inn [28.7S, 49.3W] located inside Combe in Bree-land to the east of Bree. May 14th, 9pm Eastern time.

The theme for the night will be "Chickendance"
    The chicken-coop was left open and the chickens have scattered. Some of them made their way inside the Inn. Since there seems to be no way to get them out again... if you cant beat them, join them!
    Bring your dancing shoes because the one rule for the night is that whenever the house band starts to play the Chickendance song, everyone has to stop what they are doing and dance. There will be a prize for the best dancer.

Not only will the Comb and Wattle Inn's famous Beakbreaker Ale be served, but The Darkwood Marauders will be sharing some of their stock of beverages from far-away lands. Come and have a drink on us!

The Comb and Wattle Inn will never be the same!

The third SNS is done. Much fun was had. The Men of Bree dominated this night with much merrymaking. Verc stood out as their minstrel and Goldenbeard recited several excellent poems. Leymar of the Ithillien Rangers contributed to the entertainment with several musical selections and the lovely Myarrin recited a ballad as well. Gundalf the tea drinking wizard put on a fireworks display that will not soon be forgotten!

Many chickens danced when Carvilvith, Mirfin and I played the Chickendance song, but Verc won the dance contest. Lavenwyn was the best dressed in a beautiful lavender gown and hat specially made for the event!

Many fine draughts were exchanged including brews from far away places like Moria and Rivendell. Several fine souls participated in some sparring as well. I got caught up in the drinking and the sparring and did not fare so well, but I will heal...hehe.

Carvilvith announced that her Sunday picnic and family swim event would be taking place again. 11am Eastern time. 3 Garden Street, Foxlin. Bree-Land Homesteads.

Thanks to all who participated!

Details on the next SNS will follow.
    Last edited by Skalanis; May 15 2011 at 03:38 AM.

The Saturday Night Social for the 21st of May is being postponed.

There is a wedding Saturday evening and many folks will be attending that.

Details to follow!
    Last edited by Skalanis; May 17 2011 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalanis View Post
    The Saturday Night Social for the 21st of May will be held inside The Golden Perch Inn in Stock.
    *raises hand* May I suggest something that might be even more fun for that evening (not that the regular social events aren't, because they do sound like a good time and I just haven't made it to one yet)? There's an RP wedding going on in the Shire that night.... don't want to step on toes, but there's going to be pie, fireworks, music, dancing, a least a dozen bear jokes, and, well, the wedding part..... and a lot of RPers who would love to come to the social have been invited to the wedding already... just a thought, since it's a one-time and totally non-repeatable thing.... I could post further details here if that's something that sounds like it would be awesome (cause, it will be
    Last edited by Librarian; May 17 2011 at 10:34 AM.

>~You are Invited!~<

Yucca Bracegirdle and Bandoras Brandybuck happily request the honor of your presence on May the Twenty-first as they are joined in marriage.

Pre-reception at the Party Tree in the Shire at 8:30pm CST / 9:30pm EST. A pony (or horse) parade will follow to the ceremony location.

Ceremony at the Brandybuck Estate at 1 Brookbank Street in the Appledell neighborhood of the Shire homesteads at 10:00pm CST / 11:00pm EST.

Reception and pie party to follow at the Party Tree in the Shire.

The favor of a reply is requested. Please RSVP to Bainith by 10:00pm CST / 11:00pm EST on May the Twentieth, and include the name of your guest (if applicable).

((This is an RP event hosted by Children of Arda. If you have questions, please contact Bainith.))

Check out the next edition of The Free Peoples Press for more info on how the wedding went!

The next SNS (May 28th at 9pm Eastern) will be held at The Golden Perch Inn in Stock. The Inn is located just west of the Brandywine Bridge in the Shire.

This week at the Golden Perch we had a smaller crowd, but many new faces.

We had music and dancing, much chit chat and many shared around their pipeweed as well.

Some of the boys got rowdy, but before they could break down into brawling, Fingorn organized them into a group and they went to spend their energy on a goblin encampment. Woe to those goblins...there was a lot of energy there.

Thanks to all who attended!

Details will soon be posted for next weeks SNS.

This weeks (06/04/2011) SNS will be at the Prancing Pony in Bree at 9pm Server Time (which is 9pm Eastern Time).

Bring your snacks!

Lets trade food this week so we can sample other peoples kitchen creations and show off our own.

I am not able to be at the SNS this week due to pesky real life issues.

If someone is willing to take some notes on what goes on so I can write up a little report afterwards, that would be awesome! Send me a pm please and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalanis View Post
    I am not able to be at the SNS this week due to pesky real life issues.

If someone is willing to take some notes on what goes on so I can write up a little report afterwards, that would be awesome! Send me a pm please and thanks.

Sorry you can't make it! Hope whatever's going on IRL gets resolved for you... Sent you a PM about notes...

SNS for 6/11/11 will be at the Green Dragon Inn in Bywater (The Shire). 9pm, like usual.

Beware the 1404 Vintage Reserve...wooooh!

I completely enjoyed my first LotR RP experience at the Green Dragon this evening. I wish I could have stayed longer but real life doesn't always oblige.

N'i lû ir a-goveninc. Until we meet again.

SNS for 6/18/11 will be at the Comb and Wattle Inn located just east of Bree in Combe.

Music and dancing on the outside patio.

Stories and poetry by the hearth in the common room.

Really gets rolling around 9pm Eastern/Server Time

For those who dont know what to expect at the SNS:

The Social is just a gathering of people. There are entertainers who like to show off their skills, be it music or otherwise. There are those who like to listen to the music, those who like to dance, those who like to just watch and those who like to socialize. Many come to trade their wares (food/pipeweed/beverages from far off lands/etc).

There is no real organization...the entertainers try to take turns. If you would like to try something and cant seem to get a turn, just speak up. Let the entertainer know you would like a turn when he is done. Let me (Skalanis) know...I will pay more attention to making sure everyone who wants to gets a turn. Try to be respectful when others are performing...let them have their turn and let them be heard.

No one is going to greet you at the door and point you to the fun...just come on in and find or make what fun you want.

Everyone is welcome, anything goes...as long as it is civil and doesn't break any rules.

Any questions, PM me in game or here in the forums.

See you Saturday.

The 6/25/11 Saturday Night Social will be held at Limael's Vineyard. 9pm Server time (9pm EST).

This weeks SNS is dedicated to the memory of our friend Queenie who passed away today (6/24/11).

The July 2 Saturday Night Social is going to be a bit scaled back.

Many people are away for the holiday weekend (at least in the USA) and with the LOTRO Summer Festival winding up, I dont expect much of a turnout.

Those who want to partake will be meeting at the Bree-Land Festival Grounds. There is a nice spot with tables and chairs that is out of /say range from the NPCs.

The July 9th SNS will be held at the Ivy Bush Inn in Hobbiton. 9pm Server (Eastern) Time, as usual.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast